Why I will never be a Christian again!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Okieshowedem
I know who Jesus the Christ is and where this pagan name came from.
I know the Hebrew prophets use the proper Hebrew Name for the Creator in their writtings.
The Christian translators were inspired by Satan the God of this world to replace the proper Name of the Creator with the pagan title God and Lord.

Okieshowedem

Da Pittman
All righty now no expression

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Okieshowedem
I know the Hebrew prophets use the proper Hebrew Name for the Creator in their writtings.
The Christian translators were inspired by Satan the God of this world to replace the proper Name of the Creator with the pagan title God and Lord.

Okieshowedem

You don't believe in Christianity, but you believe in Satan? I have news for you; Satan is not real.

Okieshowedem
Shaky

I see Satan has deceived you.
How sad.
Since SHE is not real you have no need to fear.
Sleep on,

Okieshowedem

Shakyamunison
Shaky

How sad.
Sleep on,

Okieshowedem

How could a myth deceive me if I don't believe the myth? A myth only has power over those how believe.

DigiMark007
Shaky

How sad.
Sleep on,

Okieshowedem

Holy SH*T Guys! He called Satan a SHE! I'm freaked out now because it has expanded my consciousness to allow for this possibility.

no expression

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Holy SH*T Guys! He called Satan a SHE! I'm freaked out now because it has expanded my consciousness to allow for this possibility.

no expression

smokin' Put down the pipe, and you will feel better in an hour or two. laughing out loud stick out tongue

Hewhoknowsall
No offense, but you are acting like a satan worshiper.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall

No offense, but Satan isn't such a bad dude. Anyone with the stones (or ovaries, sticking with the theme here) to stand up to God is ok in my book. I mean, God. The dude's like practically Jesus, and Satan was like "screw you man! Breakfast can be eaten any time of the day!"

And then God was like "It's 5PM. Get that pancake and waffle sh*t outa here!"

And then Satan went to hell to enjoy his meal in peace, then sent minions to earth to continue the message. And that, kids, is why the food at the Waffle House is so damn good.

True story.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall

Who are you talking too, the thread starter?

I love people who start with "No offence" because you know they are going to offend someone. laughing out loud

inimalist
If you believe in the Satan of the Bible, you are a Christian

its not that you are no longer a christian, just that you think you are the real christian who is not deceived by Satan.

dadudemon

no expression

laughing laughing laughing

Holy shit

I was in the middle of class...everyone looked at me like was I crazy.

Deja~vu

Okieshowedem But you're still a believer in Satan? How odd.

OMG, that's right. He said SHE! HAHAHAHAHA!

WOMAN HATER!! mad

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Deja~vu
But you're still a believer in Satan? How odd.

OMG, that's right. He said SHE! HAHAHAHAHA!

WOMAN HATER!! mad

I think he was talking about you. stick out tongue laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I think he was talking about you. stick out tongue laughing out loud

Satan is in our midst.

Deja~vu
Yes, and my daughter spawns too. evil face

Da Pittman
I'm confused messed

King of Blades
No offense, but Satan isn't such a bad dude. Anyone with the stones (or ovaries, sticking with the theme here) to stand up to God is ok in my book. I mean, God. The dude's like practically Jesus, and Satan was like "screw you man! Breakfast can be eaten any time of the day!"

And then Satan went to hell to enjoy his meal in peace, then sent minions to earth to continue the message. And that, kids, is why the food at the Waffle House is so damn good.

True story.

laughing No wonder they always have the song "The Devil came down to Georgia"

lord xyz

no expression Could just be another one of those femi-nazis.

cococryspies

Okieshowedem

I'm confused. You're not a christian, but you believe that God, Jesus and Satan are real? And the reason you're not a christian is because of the names given to them?

Could you clarify?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by lord xyz
Could just be another one of those femi-nazis.

I actually love the idea. It's so...pointless. It's amusing. A clear imposition of gender values on a realm that has no business including them. Besides, any omnipotent deity worth their salt is androgynous, non-gendered, beyond human concepts, etc.

A girl I didn't like much once told me that maybe God was a woman when I called "it" a he one time. I looked at her and told her that God must have been on her period when he made her.

Originally posted by dadudemon

Holy shit

I was in the middle of class...everyone looked at me like was I crazy.

Glad to help.

wink

lord xyz
I looked at her and told her that God must have been on her period when he made her. lol I'm remembering that one.

It is funny and ridiculous how she insisted the Devil to be a she, I agree.

Deja~vu
But I am a SHE.

sadangel

Quincy Jones
Amongst all this sarcasm and redicule, I'd like to give an honest testimony...

I had applied for a scholarship to Australia this year to get my Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) Degree. I prayed with all my heart to God if he could give it to me and guess what? A few months later I get a call from an official at the Australian High Commission that I've been awarded the scholarship!

Considering the fact that Im simply not one of the smartest people in the country, I consider it to be a divine gift. Hows that for an answered prayer?

So my point is this: our Creator is very much a faithful God (even though at many times in our lives we arent so faithful to Him), just as the bible says, and He will guide and protect you as long as you humble yourself before the Lord, accept the Jesus Christ as your Saviour and simply obey Him.

I didnt come here to fight, I just came to let you all know the truth that Jesus Christ IS the way, the truth and the life, and noone comes to the Father but by Him.

Amen.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quincy Jones

I had applied for a scholarship to Australia this year to get my Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) Degree. I prayed with all my heart to God if he could give it to me and guess what? A few months later I get a call from an official at the Australian High Commission that I've been awarded the scholarship!

HOLY SHIT...HOLD THE PRESSES...PROOF OF GOD...FINALLY!

DigiMark007

Considering the fact that Im simply not one of the smartest people in the country, I consider it to be a divine gift. Hows that for an answered prayer?

Co-sign bardock's response. However, more seriously, do you realize that this isn't a miraculous occurrence? Far from it, in fact. You could ascribe every scholarship opportunity as God's blessing, and similarly interpret every failed prayer (far more numerous, I assure you) as not being in God's Plan. Or, realize that this would happen anyway due to rational forces in the world.

Simple probability ensures that a natural unfolding of life's events will "answer" a fair number of prayers. No divine intervention is needed for this to be true. It would be more shocking, actually, if prayers were never answered. Not a single answered prayer would, ironically, be a far better defense of divine intervention than occasional answered prayers.

lord xyz
Amongst all this sarcasm and redicule, I'd like to give an honest testimony...

So my point is this: our Creator is very much a faithful God (even though at many times in our lives we arent so faithful to Him), just as the bible says, and He will guide and protect you as long as you humble yourself before the Lord, accept the Jesus Christ as your Saviour and simply obey Him.

I didnt come here to fight, I just came to let you all know the truth that Jesus Christ IS the way, the truth and the life, and noone comes to the Father but by Him.

Amen. He answered your prayers, but not those of the starving people in Africa or medieval Europe at the time of the plague?

That's a pretty biased and unfair God you've got there.

Should I give food to who die of hunger and go to hell? No, I'm gonna let this stupid woman get a scholarship, because when she prays, she means it.

It's despicable that people like you are so self-centered when it comes to proving God.

Oh yeah, RIDICULE! If it sounded like it had an "e", fair enough, but it's actually pronounced "i", as in, "tin" or "infinity". Seriously, that's worse than people who say "where" when they mean "were", or "than" when they mean "then".

Quincy Jones
Just so you know, there are more Christians than you think putting their lives on the line to help poor, oppressed, hungry people all ver the world. If you pay more attention instead of feeding yourself false information, you would realise this.

Anyway, its not surprising to me that you guys are in such opposition of Truthful Salvation.

Heres a few things for you to think about:

"Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them"(Eph 5:11)

"Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices"(Col 3:9)

"and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life. Rev 21:27)

"Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying." (Rev 22:15)

"A false witness will not go unpunished, And he who tells lies will not escape."(Prov 19:5)

Amen. And by the way, its pretty evident that atheists are merely vulgar and downright immature individuals in the way you deliver your uncivilised responses instead of having a polite debate.

Nuff said.

Bardock42
Just so you know, there are more Christians than you think putting their lives on the line to help poor, oppressed, hungry people all ver the world. If you pay more attention instead of feeding yourself false information, you would realise this.

Anyway, its not surprising to me that you guys are in such opposition of Truthful Salvation.

Heres a few things for you to think about:

"Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them"(Eph 5:11)

"Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices"(Col 3:9)

"and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life. Rev 21:27)

"Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying." (Rev 22:15)

"A false witness will not go unpunished, And he who tells lies will not escape."(Prov 19:5)

Amen. And by the way, its pretty evident that atheists are merely vulgar and downright immature individuals in the way you deliver your uncivilised responses instead of having a polite debate.

Nuff said.

Those aren't things to think about. Those are empty phrases and commandements. It's nothing mind boggling or awe inspiring.

Also, generalizing a whole group of people...classy.

DigiMark007

Try not generalize. It usually makes you wrong, especially in cases like this where you're insulting large groups of people based on a single encounter. Making value judgements about humans based on arbitrary factors is what leads to a lot of religious-inspired atrocities.

I actually think you'd find atheists, or any faith for that matter, an agreeable lot. But when you act like a holier-than-thou jerk who needs to "enlighten" the masses of people who have likely heard everything you're spouting before, they're going to treat you like the condescending tool that you've been so far.

For another, you haven't responded to my last post, which was a legit attempt to engage you in rational discussion about the topic of your answered prayer story.

As for the Bible verses, if someone doesn't believe in the validity of the Bible, how will quoting verses convince them of anything? It's the same flawed premise used by many who wish to impart biblical teachings, without realizing that they're not attacking the problem correctly.

UKR

Okieshowedem

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about whatsoever as I never read the Bible and I probably never will.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by UKR
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about whatsoever as I never read the Bible and I probably never will.

Wow, your opinions are even more worthless than Shaky's . . .

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Wow, your opinions are even more worthless than Shaky's . . .

Maybe it's your opinion that is worthless.

Symmetric Chaos
Maybe it's your opinion that is worthless.

"You're" wink

NonSensi-Klown
... it's not "you're".

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
... it's not "you're".

no expression

Shakyamunison
"You're" wink

laughing

NonSensi-Klown
no expression

Did it go over my head?

Da Pittman
"You're" wink I got the joke laughing stick out tongue

Red Nemesis
Is it that he said "You are" as a comeback? That was what I saw, and the humor in the situation (if that is the case) should be obvious. (The originally incorrect form became a- grammatically correct I might add- rebuttal to the insult. Grammar lulz.)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Da Pittman
I got the joke laughing stick out tongue

Well, it wasn't that funny... at least from my point of view. laughing out loud

Devil King
So, I can file the papers for the Jews and Christians are no longer tax-exempt status, right?

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Devil King
So, I can file the papers for the Jews and Christians are no longer tax-exempt status, right?

Sure and they will take up even more space in the lobbies of the Capitol Building...

Wild Shadow
the whole Judeo Christian religion was based off earlier religions and myths and stolen ideals to give the Judeo Christian religions creditability, Zoroastrianism should be the purest form of the religion, but no one has even heard of it yet people follow the diluted form of it that is disrespectful of all that it is.you also have egyption creation myths and many other myths mixed with the so called judeo christian religion that people hold to be the true faith.

and the so called devil/satan never existed in the old testament or in the torah the Catholic church made up the concept of the devil and used the named satan from its original name Shiatan from the torah, he did not rebel as the church would have you believe but simply question all the things God did,"WHY?"take it as you will.
they also made up "hell" which is also another mistranslation of "sheol" a place where souls rest and sleep not get tortured.

the whole fire and brimstone idea came from the book Dante's Inferno, as well from the book of revelations which you can choose to believe but is not truly credited it as being the world of God but just a vision of a man.

should also note that their was another Angel in the book of enoch that has also been named as the beast name Azazel who brought knowledge cosmetics and metal working,

that is why i cannot be christian knowing that the book is not truly its own religion, anyone who studies world religions and archeology knows the bible to be false and historically inaccurate and full of stolen ideas from cultures and religions starting from the beginning of its creation myth to the end of the book.

silver_tears

True story.

Wow I'm not even religious and this offends me.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by silver_tears

Wait wait, woah. My Waffle House bullsh*t offended you?! 'twas a joke, and about as clear a joke as they come. If that's offensive, you have to lighten up a bit.

I can understand the literalists being offended at, I dunno, using the lord's name in a non-worshiping manner or somesuch, but otherwise it's about as harmless as stories come.

Bardock42
If she's serious, I'd see it just as further prove what a ridiculous standing religion, and Christianity specifically, has in our societies.

Jack Daniels
Wait wait, woah. My Waffle House bullsh*t offended you?! 'twas a joke, and about as clear a joke as they come. If that's offensive, you have to lighten up a bit.

I can understand the literalists being offended at, I dunno, using the lord's name in a non-worshiping manner or somesuch, but otherwise it's about as harmless as stories come.
I'm very offended...Im going to the huddle house from now on instead of the waffle house..... stick out tongue

VirtuouslyDvin

Okieshowedem [/QUOTE

You are right. Lors and God are titles not names. However, the God has a name and so does Jesus. The one thing about it is Christianity means follower of Christ. There is a difference in faith and religion. Religion is man made. Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. That is why we are supposed to search for the truth for ourselves. And actually in Hebrew writings they didn't have vows and they believed that God's name was to Holy to speak or write out. God wants us to know Him for ourselves. You are doing good to go and look things up on your own. Continue to follow Jesus.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by VirtuouslyDvin
The one thing about it is Christianity means follower of Christ. There is a difference in faith and religion. Religion is man made. Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen.

Looking it up Christianity seems to actually mean mean "religion of Christ" so . . .

Deja~vu
Most Christians like to wear the name but won't walk the walk and that offends me. They shouldn't even use the name Christian at all.

Anyway it's all based on false stories that were passed from Pagan beliefs...Only the names changed.

Pagan = Holy Roman Empire, (Catholic) = Protestant.

Didn't anybody just check it out before they believed???

lil bitchiness
Like anyone ever cared why you won't be a Christian.

I will also never be a Muslim, but I'm not making fuss about it.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

I will also never be a Muslim, but I'm not making fuss about it.

Well there is the "again" angle that adds a bit of angsty spice!

lil bitchiness
That puts a whole new spin on the original post.

Da Pittman
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

I will also never be a Muslim, but I'm not making fuss about it. laughing

Deja~vu
"I just found Jesus! He was behind the couch all the time."

blink

Symmetric Chaos
"I just found Jesus! He was behind the couch all the time."

blink

Th-that actually explains a lot.

Ordo
Th-that actually explains a lot.

Better than me...I found him inside of me....

Mindset
Originally posted by Ordo
Better than me...I found him inside of me.... That was actually me in a Jesus costume.

Ordo
Oh...

...well I liked it *drools*

edisonik
It is very sad that the Human Races have been constantly manipulated by Extraterrestrials Posing as Gods and manipulating man to write books inorder to terrify Humanity into submission. We are free spirits and deserve freedom , not shackles that we find in Religions. Most Modern day religions teach fear , Murder, and this false sense of Peace.

I hope I don't burst the bubble of all those who believe in their religious post orders. You must learn to awaken your inner Spirit you deserve better, All you need is respect for your selves and others, respect life and that is all you need to evolve to the next level my fellow Humans.

All Religion does is cloud your thinking and make your fearful and disrespectful of others becuase of their beliefs and ethnicities. 2012 a new awakening will and the Mighty Kukulkhan will arrive a the lies will be exposed and all those that have tried to decieve the World through War and pestilence will be exposed and dealt with.

We are all from the Stars Earth is not our Home we are squaters here.

Deja~vu
You watch "Star Gate," don't ya?

laughing out loud

King Kandy
Originally posted by edisonik
It is very sad that the Human Races have been constantly manipulated by Extraterrestrials Posing as Gods and manipulating man to write books inorder to terrify Humanity into submission. We are free spirits and deserve freedom , not shackles that we find in Religions. Most Modern day religions teach fear , Murder, and this false sense of Peace.

I hope I don't burst the bubble of all those who believe in their religious post orders. You must learn to awaken your inner Spirit you deserve better, All you need is respect for your selves and others, respect life and that is all you need to evolve to the next level my fellow Humans.

All Religion does is cloud your thinking and make your fearful and disrespectful of others becuase of their beliefs and ethnicities. 2012 a new awakening will and the Mighty Kukulkhan will arrive a the lies will be exposed and all those that have tried to decieve the World through War and pestilence will be exposed and dealt with.

Alright, 1012, it's on. We'll see if that happens or not.

Symmetric Chaos
Earth is not our Home we are squaters here.

Wildstorm Comics is going to sue you now.

Shakyamunison

What religion are you a member of? wink

Wei Phoenix

Wouldn't these alien gods know what you were saying and kill you in order to shut you up from trying to talk sense into us sheeple?

You said religion is false but you obviously worship some kukluhan dude.

Symmetric Chaos
Kukulkhan just kills/enslave/rapes everyone. I'm pretty sure he's not an object of worship.

David Icke on the other hand . . .

Shakyamunison
Kukulkan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukulkan

King Kandy
Kukulkan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukulkan
lol, and that's not a religion?

Symmetric Chaos
No! It's a fact!

King Kandy
Also the wiki page doesn't mention aliens. Disappointing.

Quark_666
i TOLD you edisonik was joking. not that it was funny or anything...

Wild Shadow
i just wanted to bring this up but i sometimes few the church and its history as being no better then the nazi's. i feel that no matter how you dress it up you cant wash away all the evil its done. i think the church tries too hard to change its image but it is what it is.

its like having the boyscouts and the girl troops in their little uniform with a swatstika telling me if i want to buy cookies, no matter what they do to help the neighborhood they are still nazi's.

and no i dont want to buy your cookies you racist *!@#$!!! :P

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i just wanted to bring this up but i sometimes few the church and its history as being no better then the nazi's. i feel that no matter how you dress it up you cant wash away all the evil its done. i think the church tries too hard to change its image but it is what it is.

its like having the boyscouts and the girl troops in their little uniform with a swatstika telling me if i want to buy cookies, no matter what they do to help the neighborhood they are still nazi's.

and no i dont want to buy your cookies you racist *!@#$!!! :P

So you'd rather judge an organization by the member that are no longer even alive rather than . . . the actual members?

Wild Shadow
So you'd rather judge an organization by the member that are no longer even alive rather than . . . the actual members?

yes and no. so long as their intentions and core beliefs remain the same then yes. sad

their is also alot of pain associated with their name ans symbols that i cant get over because of what has bn done to my ancesters and fellow man.

Quark_666
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
No matter what you call them, they're still little girls working up the courage to ask whether you want their cookies. I think you're way too worked up sick

Wild Shadow

well the current members have bn pedophiles, missionaries who with hold aid unless ppl convert during a time of crisis.

thats not even counting the ppl who attend churches who are narrowly closed minded toward other ppl's sexuality and scientific understanding and prejudice toward other religions or ethnic diversity.

so the mass killing has stopped but still needs some massive improvement.

Mr. Rhythmic

...That is THE best avatar ever!

The Scribe
Really now? roll eyes (sarcastic)

It sounds like you don't have any discernment. wink

occultdestroyer
Who knows? Jesus might possibly be GOD.

But for now, I'd rather believe in what I can see/hear/feel.

The Scribe
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Who knows? Jesus might possibly be GOD.

But for now, I'd rather believe in what I can see/hear/feel.

Well, Jesus is.

The Trinity.
God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost/Spirit.

Your senses can lie.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by The Scribe
Well, Jesus is.

The Trinity.
God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost/Spirit.

Your senses can lie.

Books can also lie. big grin

The Scribe
Books can also lie. big grin

I know many that do. They are in public schools. wink

Shakyamunison
I know many that do. They are in public schools. wink

...and one that is in churches. wink

The Scribe
...and one that is in churches. wink

Nope angel

Then again some books in churches are counterfeits and do lie, like the NIV, or they were written by nuts like Joel Osteen who is a liar.

Shakyamunison
Nope angel

Then again some books in churches are counterfeits and do lie, like the NIV, or they were written by nuts like Joel Osteen who is a liar.

Keep going...

The Scribe
Keep going...

Someone went to Osteen's church and they didn't like it too much. big grin
Preaching outside Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church in Houston.

Joel Osteen Exposed! (Part 1)

The NIV, exposed

Lies from the NIV translators.

Deja~vu
Oooo, battle of the translations now. LOL

Symmetric Chaos

New from Japan: Translation Wars!

Deja~vu
How about the 1811 King James. Good, I've read it.

pimp

OR the 1644 Geneva with Reformer notes? Nice touch of antichrist period. LOL

The Scribe

big grin The winner would be the KJV 1611. wink

King James

More...

Pastor Michael Slattery angel

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Digi

True story.

...But what if you don't like Waffle House? Does that make you evil... or good... or... Augh I am so confused...

Originally posted by silver_tears

I AM religious, and found it hillarious. laughing out loud

Lord Lucien
It's quite obvious anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus... is gay. You don't wanna be gay now, do you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.