Amazo Vs The Fury

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SouthSpawn
Wow, who wins this in a bloodlusted right.

Harbinger
The Fury

fangirl101
Probably a stalemate. Since Amazo would just copy Fury's power and Fury would keep adapting.

spawnwest
Originally posted by Harbinger
The Fury

How??

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101
Probably a stalemate. Since Amazo would just copy Fury's power and Fury would keep adapting.

I like you.

...I mean, your answer. Seconded.

Bentley
By being uber mostly. Has Amazo ever adapted to a multiversal level threat?

(Tell me, I have no idea)

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bentley
By being uber mostly. Has Amazo ever adapted to a multiversal level threat?

(Tell me, I have no idea)
The fury starts out multiversal? I thought he started out adapting to what ever threat he faces.

Bentley
The fury starts out multiversal? I thought he started out adapting to what ever threat he faces.

Most of Fury's appearances were against his battle against every single guy in his universe. I don't think we have ever seen a base level Fury.

Lord Feron
Hmmm very well could be a stalemate but I'm gonna go with Fury ftw. I feel that Fury has more options open to him to take down Amazo than Amazo has to take down The Fury.

Harbinger
Originally posted by spawnwest
How?? His durability would be his greatest asset here, IMO; it basically withstood the destruction of an entire universe without any trouble, and only Mad Jim Jaspers' insane reality warping was able to leave it severely weakened. Amazo could copy his powers and make this a long, drawn out battle, but I just don't think he could put the Fury down.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Harbinger
His durability would be his greatest asset here, IMO; it basically withstood the destruction of an entire universe without any trouble, and only Mad Jim Jaspers' insane reality warping was able to leave it severely weakened. Amazo could copy his powers and make this a long, drawn out battle, but I just don't think he could put the Fury down.
If Amazo has plus 1.

And Copies Fury.
Then he's Fury plus 1.

Plus 1, how ever big or small, is still the advantage.

Bentley
The Fury evolves so he cannot be copied at the beginning of the match!

Amazo says he is sorry!

Lord Feron
Damn I was trying to think of the ideal way fury can win because I believe he can and, Bentley as silly as that sounds that is very possible.

fangirl101
The Fury evolves so he cannot be copied at the beginning of the match!

Amazo says he is sorry!
Impossible. Amazo would still have copied the adaptability power.

Utrigita
^Agreed with Fangirl

Also Fury if I recall correctly fury doesn't adapt until he is under attack (at least I haven't seen him adapt to a set of power before it happened) Furthermore I don't believe I have seen Fury utilize the power that it would take to down the durability of the entire JLA combined (and whatever Amazo may have added to it...) however I haven't seen anything in Amazos respect thread that leads me to believe that he can defeat Fury.

Stalemate.

Lord Feron
Fury took the Celestial Nullifier to the face. He withstood reality Manipulation which imo much greater than 99% of any form of attack.

Nothing the JLA can do to Fury. I respect the JLA but If the fury was pitted against them we would be having memorial service the next day.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Fury took the Celestial Nullifier to the face. He withstood reality Manipulation which imo much greater than 99% of any form of attack.

Nothing the JLA can do to Fury. I respect the JLA but If the fury was pitted against them we would be having memorial service the next day.
JLA stood up to a quantum Zealot, who was more powerful than a 5d imp. They wouldn't die.

Bentley
JLA stood up to a quantum Zealot, who was more powerful than a 5d imp. They wouldn't die.

You comparing quantum Zealot to Jaspers? confused

fangirl101
You comparing quantum Zealot to Jaspers? confused
5-d imp=jaspers<<Zealot

Bentley
Okay, now you are actually comparing them!

How is the JLA standing against anyone more powerful than Jaspers nothing more that awful PIS?

Mindship
The Fury evolves so he cannot be copied at the beginning of the match!Excellent.

Impossible. Amazo would still have copied the adaptability power. Since the adapting/copying abilities seem to cancel each other out, the victory may simply go to whomever can generate more sheer energy (it does take energy to do all that high-end adapting and copying).

I don't know much about either character, but I've always had the sense that the Fury had more energy at its disposal. This means it could make an adaptation that literally overpowers any attempt to copy it, regardless of how sophisticated the copying ability may be.

vlaaad12345
Amazo has copied half the worlogogs powers with no problem....he has never shown a copy limit.

MightyEInherjar
Been done, stalemate.

cloud102
Amazo has also copied HUMAN physiology. Hourman's series. This is a stalemate, though.

Stoic
Stalemate.

Superherovandal
I'm pretty sure a GL ring isn't HUMAN physiology but Amazo doesn't seem to have any problem copying that.

Enyalus
If Amazo has plus 1.

And Copies Fury.
Then he's Fury plus 1.

Plus 1, how ever big or small, is still the advantage.

Can you explain this to me? The Plus 1 thing.

Bentley
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Amazo has copied half the worlogogs powers with no problem....he has never shown a copy limit.

Was the Wologog fighting the copy ability? Because the Fury would.

Knowsbleed33
The Fury has a universe being destroyed.

Amazo can't put him down.

SoulDevourer
yeah but Amazo then copies Fury's nullification-resistance, thus Fury can't put him down either

btw didn't Darkseid survive a MULTIVERSE being erased when Mxyzptlk went insane ? and Darkseid is only Superman-level (in other words a noob next to Fury which is a mystical cyborg)

Bouboumaster
Fury

Galan007
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
btw didn't Darkseid survive a MULTIVERSE being erased No.

Anyhow, this is a stalemate, imo.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Galan007
No.

Anyhow, this is a stalemate, imo. then who was it who survived ? Mxyzptlk (or someone with his pwoers maybe joker) went crazy & erased a whole multiverse but there were survivors

starlock
Amazo wins this I.M.O

I did not see any reference to classic or anything...so its both as of recent appearences...i will take amazo

Bentley
If the Worlogg (had a conscience and) wanted to stop Amazo from copying him, would it succeed?

Endless Mike
Which Amazo?

Galan007
then who was it who survived ? Mxyzptlk (or someone with his pwoers maybe joker) went crazy & erased a whole multiverse but there were survivors Joker with Mxy's powers had absolute control over every facet of creation. There were only 'survivors' if he allowed it, and/or remade them.

If the Worlogg (had a conscience and) wanted to stop Amazo from copying him, would it succeed? The Worlogog merges with it's user . Having said that, I highly doubt Hourman wanted Amazo to copy the 'gog, but he did so none the less.

id369

Utrigita
Originally posted by Lord Feron

Fury toke the Celestial Nullifier to the face but was visible hurt by crossing a dimensionel barrier... I have always found that a little strange.

And if we combine the JLA, I haven't seen anything from Fury that suggest he can take out a being that possesses their combined durability.

Lord Feron
I'm sure you know this but Fury has killed all super humans in his reality. I would say thats greater than a a few JLA combined IMO.

Honest questinon: Did Amazo ever resist a reality manipulator of MJJ level?

Utrigita
That he did but I'm pretty sure that none of them had the durability of the entire Justice League combined...

No neither can I see what that have to do with anything, It has already been mentioned that Amazo most likely isn't capable of inflicting damage on fury based on it's showings, however what remains is to see whether ore not fury has shown that is can defeat Beings with a extremely high durability (for instance the entire JLA combined) which it imo hasn't.

Galan007
Originally posted by Utrigita
No neither can I see what that have to do with anything, It has already been mentioned that Amazo most likely isn't capable of inflicting damage on fury based on it's showings, however what remains is to see whether ore not fury has shown that is can defeat Beings with a extremely high durability (for instance the entire JLA combined) which it imo hasn't. Another question is whether or not Amazo can duplicate Fury's abilities - and imo there's no reason to think he couldn't.

Utrigita
Unless fury can in some strange way adapt beyond copying, which imo isn't likely, if I understand Fury correct it adapt to direct attacks against it, not subtile like a look from Amazo, which should be enough shouldn't it?

Galan007
like a look from Amazo, which should be enough shouldn't it? Yep.

darthgoober
Another question is whether or not Amazo can duplicate Fury's abilities - and imo there's no reason to think he couldn't.
I've been meaning to ask something about that, can Amazo copy everyone he meets or just the Justice League? I always thought it was the former but then I got to thinking that if he shut down when the Justice League was disbanded that his duplication powers may have become specific to the team.

Lord Feron
I always understood that Amazo can copy anyone's/anything but I'm am no expert on Amazo.

Galan007
Originally posted by darthgoober
I've been meaning to ask something about that, can Amazo copy everyone he meets or just the Justice League? I always thought it was the former but then I got to thinking that if he shut down when the Justice League was disbanded that his duplication powers may have become specific to the team. Amazo's copied regular human beings just to see what it's like to have a 'soul'. He's also copied artifacts such as the Worlogog. Since the JLA is who he always faces, naturally that's mainly all we ever see him copy.

Mr Master

if I understand Fury correct it adapt to direct attacks against it,

not subtile like a look from Amazo, which should be enough shouldn't it?
The Fury doesn't need to be attacked to adapt,
because Fury can instantly create devices, apparatuses, gadgets,
necessary for the dilemma at hand.
Like when it found itself unable to fly in order to travel across UniverseS,
the Fury saw a problem, then immediately created a back/jet propeller-type pack,
that enabled it to make an amazing journey.

The Fury's ability to adapt while in combat is actually a plus.

Mr Master

Fury toke the Celestial Nullifier to the face
but was visible hurt by crossing a dimensionel barrier...
I have always found that a little strange.
"a dimensional barrier?"

Over simplifying things aren't we good friend.

Fury was not damaged by crossing any dimensional barrier.

Fury was damaged by crossing entire UniverseSSS,
and we don't know and never will know what obstacles Fury ran into.

What we MUST conclude though,
is that these obstacle were greater than Time/Space/Matter nullifying powers,
since the CN had zero effect on the Fury.

And if we combine the JLA,
I haven't seen anything from Fury
that suggest he can take out a being that possesses their combined durability.
You're kidding right?

Knowsbleed33
Amazo can't defeat the Fury.

Bentley
The Worlogog merges with it's user . Having said that, I highly doubt Hourman wanted Amazo to copy the 'gog, but he did so none the less.

Hourman jobs. You would say that controlling time and space would help you evade being copied by Amazo messed

Utrigita
Originally posted by Mr Master
"a dimensional barrier?"

Over simplifying things aren't we good friend.

Fury was not damaged by crossing any dimensional barrier.

Fury was damaged by crossing entire UniverseSSS,
and we don't know and never will know what obstacles Fury ran into.

What we MUST conclude though,
is that these obstacle were greater than Time/Space/Matter nullifying powers,
since the CN had zero effect on the Fury.

That would be a matter of perspective. And that is imo unlikely that fury encounters something that is more destructive then the nullifing energies and that it takes damage from that, hence the only thing I can find that could possibly damage Fury is the crossing from one universe to the next. I have discussed this point with you before but their is no reason to begin again.

You're kidding right?

No Actually I'm not I haven't seen Fury hurt a being with the combined Durability of the entire JLA, I have seen him hurt Jaspers in their first encounter reducing him to a skeleton but for all we know Jaspers durability could still be around human at that point.

Mindset
Amazo doesn't have the combined durability of the JLA to my knowledge.

tkitna
The combined durability of the JLA against the Fury?

Laughable isnt it?

Knowsbleed33
It won't do him much good.

SoulDevourer
didn't Doomsday & even Supe shrug off the nullifying effect of the Omega beam ?

but on the other hand why should interdimensional travel damage the fury again ? it may have damaged it the 1st time but by then it should have easily adapted to the damaging effects of such travel, right ? (besides there's plenty of human mutants who can travel between dimensions without damage, if they can do it then the fury should be able to as well, at least after adapting)

Utrigita
Originally posted by Mindset
Amazo doesn't have the combined durability of the JLA to my knowledge.

Didn't he copy the entire JLA along with their entire powerset?

Amazo possessed the powers of 14 JLA members at this point, the only way to combat him in this state was to attack him with 35 members:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_amazojla5.jpg

Amazo began absorbing the powers of these additional members of the JLA as well, which included Black Lightning and Firestorm:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_amazojla6.jpg

"By enlarging the team, we might just have turned this cybernetic organism into a GOD:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_amazojla7.jpg

Amazo easily crushed all of these combined JLA'ers:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_amazojla8.jpg

Utrigita
Originally posted by tkitna
The combined durability of the JLA against the Fury?

Laughable isnt it?

Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
It won't do him much good.

Then I'm sure that you two can easily post scans of Fury dealing that amount of damage that would be capable of downing a being with the durability of the JLA, I mean you surely must have since you both find it so laughable.

Mindset
Didn't he copy the entire JLA along with their entire powerset? Yes, and he can use multiple powers at the same time, but I've never seen where his strength, speed, durability was equal to the combined JLA as if they were one entity.

Like you notice how when he uses Flash speed etc.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Mindset
Yes, and he can use multiple powers at the same time, but I've never seen where his strength, speed, durability was equal to the combined JLA as if they were one entity.

Like you notice how when he uses Flash speed etc.

Just thought that it worked that way, you know strength Durability etc combined while all the other features like energy blast, telepathy, heat vision, firestorms abilities and Captain Atoms could be mixed as he wanted since they are more defining powers while strength and durability for instance would be mixed since they isn't so defining.

Enyalus
Just thought that it worked that way, you know strength Durability etc combined while all the other features like energy blast, telepathy, heat vision, firestorms abilities and Captain Atoms could be mixed as he wanted since they are more defining powers while strength and durability for instance would be mixed since they isn't so defining.

It doesn't. He doesn't have Flash's speed combined with Superman's speed combined with WW's speed, etc. Why would he have their combined durability?

Utrigita
Because I thought that he gained the main powerset, so for instance Strength speed and Durability is the main powerset of Superman (along with superbreath etc), but powergirl for instance have the same powerset so he would get hers too, while Flash for instance "only" got his speed so he gets that, I then thought that the physical abilities would fuse together unlike the more "out of body" attacks like Heat Vision and energy blasts that he can apply individually ore combine into one if he so chooses.

But if I have understood it wrong I would like to apoligize I just find it strange that Amazo switches from one persons durability to the next persons durability.

SoulDevourer
huh ? if he could use only 1 stolen power at a time then he'd be the EASIEST thing to defeat

for example if he's superspeeding then supe could just speed along & zap with with heat vision or break him in two with his bare hands (since amazo wouldn't have invulnerability or strength while speeding) etc.

Mr Master

That would be a matter of perspective.
Or a matter of simple logic.

If the CN, which nullifies time/space/matter could not even scratch Fury,
to suggest that crossing silly Universal barriers would damage Fury
is kinda funny good friend.

And that is imo unlikely that fury encounters something
that is more destructive then the nullifing energies
and that it takes damage from that,
hence the only thing I can find that could possibly damage Fury
is the crossing from one universe to the next.
That certainly is your opinion. (btw, 238 reality is not next door to 616)
The fact remains that no where on panel or in Fury's bio
does it even allude to any Universal barriers doing anything to Fury.

What is stated/depicted on panel is that Fury's journey damaged it,
nothing more.

I have tons of scans of characters far less durable crossing barriers like nothing,
that idea isn't even a possibility, not in my opinion, but in fact.

Fury was traveling across entire UniverseSSS,
it could've been bombarded constantly with who knows what,
it may have encountered alien space armadas with advanced tech that also attacked it,
(heck, the Kree has weapons that can cause an event horizon)
it may have bumped into wandering cosmics who also got their licks in,
this, plus being exposed to the elements of space, countless variations,
consistently being showered by black holes, gamma bursts, super novas, galaxy collisions,
or perhaps the death of other UniverseS, and on and on ...
makes for one nasty soup of bashing.

Bottom line is though, we'll simply never know exactly what it was,
but we can be sure it wasn't crossing barriers.

I have discussed this point with you before but their is no reason to begin again.
Cool, just didn't want anyone being mislead.

No Actually I'm not I haven't seen Fury hurt a being with the combined Durability of the entire JLA, I have seen him hurt Jaspers in their first encounter reducing him to a skeleton but for all we know Jaspers durability could still be around human at that point.
Really, where on panel or in any bio does it claim Jaspers had the durability of a human?

That's utterly incorrect.

Jaspers was within his warp,
which he had transformed the 616 Universe into his playground.

In fact, he was God in that instance:

http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/8739/j10ig8.th.jpg

"He is lonely, but he is also GOD"

Then Fury pops up and with one blast turns him into a skeleton.

Mr Master

Then I'm sure that you two can easily post scans of Fury dealing that amount of damage

that would be capable of downing a being with the durability of the JLA
Don't know about them, but I can. smile (we already know about 616 Jaspers but here's another)

The Fury scorching matrix/Merlyn's hands with a single blast!

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/978268_1.jpg

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/838614_M2.jpg

Scorched!

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/838613_M1.jpg

So badly that Roma herself had to tend to his fried palms:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/978319_3.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/978269_2.jpg

I mean you surely must have since you both find it so laughable.
Ut, I love ya true debater, but that is kinda funny.

guy222
Fury FTW

SoulDevourer
Don't know about them, but I can. smile (we already know about 616 Jaspers but here's another)

...where d'you get those hi-res pics ? theyre cool !!!!!

so basically if Fury hadn't been distracted by Captain Brit then his second shot would've completely destroyed Merlyn's hands maybe even fried Merlyn himself (PLUS it would've killed Captain UK) cool

PS. also we know Merlyn is one of the cosmic entities in the "pantheon" (or whatever they call it) where reside LT, Eternity Death Oblivion & Infinity - but who else is there ? confused (or is that it ? they say Galactus sometimes convenes with them but he's not one f them since he needs to feed, so he ain't no god)

Lord Feron
Some times Stranger is there and master order, chaos, hate, and mistress love.. I think don't take my word on that.

Knowsbleed33
Then I'm sure that you two can easily post scans of Fury dealing that amount of damage that would be capable of downing a being with the durability of the JLA, I mean you surely must have since you both find it so laughable.

You mean being warped to the nth degree and no dying doesn't count? How about universal nullification?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
You mean being warped to the nth degree and no dying doesn't count? How about universal nullification?

You misunderstood my question. What have fury done that leads you to believe that he could down Amazo?

Utrigita
Or a matter of simple logic.

If the CN, which nullifies time/space/matter could not even scratch Fury,
to suggest that crossing silly Universal barriers would damage Fury
is kinda funny good friend.

And if the CN couldn't scratch Fury it's kind of silly to suggest that pretty much everything else could damage it...

That certainly is your opinion. (btw, 238 reality is not next door to 616)
The fact remains that no where on panel or in Fury's bio
does it even allude to any Universal barriers doing anything to Fury.

I have never seen travel from one universe to the next as a door to door but rather quickly, for instance if I take the battle with Fury and Jaspers with their battle across the universes it doesn't take 378 panels to get from 616 to 238.

What is stated/depicted on panel is that Fury's journey damaged it,
nothing more.

And that thought alone is imo silly.

I have tons of scans of characters far less durable crossing barriers like nothing,
that idea isn't even a possibility, not in my opinion, but in fact.

I'm fully aware of that and I have beings taking pretty much all of that you mention below without problem which would get instantly obliterated by nullification.

Fury was traveling across entire UniverseSSS,
it could've been bombarded constantly with who knows what,
it may have encountered alien space armadas with advanced tech that also attacked it,
(heck, the Kree has weapons that can cause an event horizon)
it may have bumped into wandering cosmics who also got their licks in,
this, plus being exposed to the elements of space, countless variations,
consistently being showered by black holes, gamma bursts, super novas, galaxy collisions,
or perhaps the death of other UniverseS, and on and on ...
makes for one nasty soup of bashing.

Bottom line is though, we'll simply never know exactly what it was,
but we can be sure it wasn't crossing barriers.

The problem is Master that all that isn't near the damage of nullification of a entire universe, added with the fact that Fury recoveres relative quickly from damage received none of that should have left it in it's condition it was when it arrived. Also could I see the scan where it arrives to earth and kills the homeless women?

Cool, just didn't want anyone being mislead.

OKay.

Really, where on panel or in any bio does it claim Jaspers had the durability of a human?

That's utterly incorrect.

Jaspers was within his warp,
which he had transformed the 616 Universe into his playground.

In fact, he was God in that instance:

http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/8739/j10ig8.th.jpg

"He is lonely, but he is also GOD"

Then Fury pops up and with one blast turns him into a skeleton.

Really where does it claim that he has the durability of a God? Captain Britain got blasted from behind by fury in 238 and he wasn't in any way reduced to a skeleton. The thought that because Jaspers in his own warp become God his Durability increased accordingly when we have seen that Fury's blast fails to reduce Captain Britain to Skeleton well...

Utrigita

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/978268_1.jpg

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/838614_M2.jpg

Scorched!

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/838613_M1.jpg

So badly that Roma herself had to tend to his fried palms:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/978319_3.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/978269_2.jpg

Ut, I love ya true debater, but that is kinda funny.

Care to explain why this is a good feat, considering that recently Merlyn was if I recall correct killed with a Sword?

Mr Master

And if the CN couldn't scratch Fury
it's kind of silly to suggest that pretty much everything else could damage it...
I'm only opiniating about obstacles that might've damaged Fury,
with sufficient consistency,
I can see Fury being damaged after a prolonged journey
of back to back assaults from the madness of space/time,
and who knows what else.

But crossing barriers? Heck no!

I have never seen travel from one universe to the next as a door to door but rather quickly, for instance if I take the battle with Fury and Jaspers with their battle across the universes it doesn't take 378 panels to get from 616 to 238.
Fury's battle with 616 Jaspers has zero relation to Fury and its journey.

Fury couldn't teleport when it left 238, (unlike when it fought 616 Jaspers)
so it had to travel the old fashion way, through distance and time.

I'm 100% positive this is why Fury was damaged,
I mean, we're talking about a journey of an incredible distance, (across UniverseSSS)
with countless cosmic obstacles in it's way.

And that thought alone is imo silly.

Give Alan Moore a call and let em know,
cause that's exactly what he wrote On Panel,
word for word.

I'm fully aware of that and I have beings taking pretty much all of that you mention below without problem which would get instantly obliterated by nullification.
Again, I agree, Fury would've been able to withstand any of those things,
but what I think you're not focusing on
is how many times Fury had to deal with these obstacles,
remember, it was a journey across UniverseS.

UniverseS Ut, several of those UniverseS might've been collapsing,
(in Marvel UniverseS are dying and being re-born on a constant basis)
others might've contained Universal powers that attacked Fury,
others might've contained advance civilations that possess weapons that can crack space-time,
Fury might've bumbed into cosmic hierarchal beings,
seriously, the possibilities are endless.

Without any materials to regenerate,
after that immense journey,
even the Fury at some point would've started to feel the effects.

You feel me?

The problem is Master that all that isn't near the damage of nullification of a entire universe, added with the fact that Fury recoveres relative quickly from damage received none of that should have left it in it's condition it was when it arrived.
My guess is as good as yours,
what I know for a fact is, that it was not crossing barriers.

It was the journey itself as Alan Moore clearly pointed out.

Something, or a combination of many things (a mystery to us)
in that journey, damaged the Fury.

Unfortunately, we'll never know,
but we must agree, whatever it was,
it was of greater affect than the CN,
perhaps not on it's own, but perhaps as a culmination of various bombardments.

Also could I see the scan where it arrives to earth and kills the homeless women?
I'm at work right now (graveyard shift) so I don't have access to my scans.

Tomorrow I'll post what you're searching for.

Really where does it claim that he has the durability of a God? Captain Britain got blasted from behind by fury in 238 and he wasn't in any way reduced to a skeleton. The thought that because Jaspers in his own warp become God his Durability increased accordingly when we have seen that Fury's blast fails to reduce Captain Britain to Skeleton well...
Re-read the arc if you have it friend.

When CB was blasted (once) by Fury,
he was'nt turned into a skeleton,
but he was disintegrated minus a single bone that was left over.

Roma re-created Brian out of that one bone.

Mr Master

Care to explain why this is a good feat,

considering that recently Merlyn was if I recall correct killed with a Sword?
First, no one killed Merlyn, ever, that was Roma who died,
and I'm betting that's some kind of ploy on her part,
it better be, or darn it, that's some serious pis on Claremont's part.

Second, that's matrix/Merlyn who got his hands scorched,
and I'm sure you know what kind of power he had while merged to the omniversal Energy Matrix.

I'm still not sure if Merlyn is connected to the Energy Matrix anymore,
there's an Excalibur issue where the Tower that allowed his connection was destroyed,
but then at the end of the Excalibur run the arc alludes to that being not exactly true,
but then he gets owned by Psylock hand to hand in 2007, laughing out loud
yet can withstand/survive a direct blast from 616 Jaspers
that blows a hole through his chest in the same 2007 arc. no expression

Until further notice, continuity was twisted somewhat in that last Jaspers arc,
in 2007's ... 'Die by the Sword' ...
meh, at-least Jaspers still had the power to destroy the Omniverse. smile

Bentley
About the CN Mr. Master, people are saying that the Fury needs to receive an attack before evolving to resist it. If that's true, how could he evolve past nullification? As receiving nullification would have destroyed him.

Mr Master

About the CN Mr. Master,
people are saying that the Fury needs to receive an attack
before evolving to resist it.
If that's true, how could he evolve past nullification?
As receiving nullification would have destroyed him.
The Fury was created by Jaspers 238 to be indestructible from the get,
at best a sufficiently powerful blow was able to stun it, momentarily,
like when Scatterbrain hit him with an omniversal scale time-based attack,
but the incredible Fury immediately came to, adapted instantly,
and owned her effortlessly.

The CN didn't hurt Fury cause the insane God of the 238 reality
installed that uber invulnerability upon it, but I must submit,
the Fury's durability was not infinite,
but it obviously took immense effects to damage it,
like when it battled 616 Jaspers, who would've without a doubt,
warped the entire Omniverse had it not been for Fury.

It was also severely damaged by a mysterious source, or sources
in it's journey across entire UniverseS.

A journey the Fury had to endure old school style,
since it had no teleportaion capabilities at that time.

Utrigita
I'm only opiniating about obstacles that might've damaged Fury,
with sufficient consistency,
I can see Fury being damaged after a prolonged journey
of back to back assaults from the madness of space/time,
and who knows what else.

I toke the crossing of Barriers because that is the only thing that I could find that in some way was capable of delivering the amount of damage if I recall correctly, you once said something about Merlyn being thrown through the omniverse ore something like that and that, the journey where he was thrown against the different barriers was a testemony to his durability.

Fury's battle with 616 Jaspers has zero relation to Fury and its journey.

Fury couldn't teleport when it left 238, (unlike when it fought 616 Jaspers)
so it had to travel the old fashion way, through distance and time.

I'm 100% positive this is why Fury was damaged,
I mean, we're talking about a journey of an incredible distance, (across UniverseSSS)
with countless cosmic obstacles in it's way.

It couldn't then when did it learn it and how the hell did it travel the old fashion way from one universe to the next, a universe is infinite...

The most likely it would run into would be the commen in space, Meteors Black Holes Supernovas the forces of space, and none of them should be capable of leaving as much as a single mark on fury master.

Give Alan Moore a call and let em know,
cause that's exactly what he wrote On Panel,
word for word.

I think I will I have begun making a habit out of writing the writers. But if only look at the journey, then how can you be absolutely sure that it was the journey through the universes and not between the universes that damaged it? Fact is that you cannot you can only speculate as much as I can.

Again, I agree, Fury would've been able to withstand any of those things,
but what I think you're not focusing on
is how many times Fury had to deal with these obstacles,
remember, it was a journey across UniverseS.

And what I believe you forgot to focuse on is that even after Fury have battled Mad Jim Jaspers and being down it wouldn't have taken long for him to regain his former strength, even if he runs into major problems his abilities to regain his strength would most certainly make sure that the condition he arrived in shouldn't have been possible.

UniverseS Ut, several of those UniverseS might've been collapsing,
(in Marvel UniverseS are dying and being re-born on a constant basis)
others might've contained Universal powers that attacked Fury,
others might've contained advance civilations that possess weapons that can crack space-time,
Fury might've bumbed into cosmic hierarchal beings,
seriously, the possibilities are endless.

They are but they are all as much speculation Master as my theory is because fact is that we doesn't know, for all we know he could have journey though the universes without receiving a scratch, and the damage that he would receive, he would only receive one time thanks to his ability to adapt.

Without any materials to regenerate,
after that immense journey,
even the Fury at some point would've started to feel the effects.

The material to regenerate master is placed all around fury... If he gets hit by a meteor for instance he can use that to regain his strength

You feel me?

My guess is as good as yours,
what I know for a fact is, that it was not crossing barriers.

It was the journey itself as Alan Moore clearly pointed out.

Something, or a combination of many things (a mystery to us)
in that journey, damaged the Fury.

Unfortunately, we'll never know,
but we must agree, whatever it was,
it was of greater affect than the CN,
perhaps not on it's own, but perhaps as a culmination of various bombardments.

So that means that if we take fury and throw it against a being like eternity for instance, Eternity would be capable of overcomming it sooner ore later as long as he places it in space and keeps attacking it?

I'm at work right now (graveyard shift) so I don't have access to my scans.

That's a downer.

Tomorrow I'll post what you're searching for.

Thanks

Re-read the arc if you have it friend.

That's the Problem I don't sad

When CB was blasted (once) by Fury,
he was'nt turned into a skeleton,
but he was disintegrated minus a single bone that was left over.

Roma re-created Brian out of that one bone.

I got a different picture about that from these scans.

http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mjj10jz1.jpg
http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mjj11gm9.jpg

Utrigita
First, no one killed Merlyn, ever, that was Roma who died,
and I'm betting that's some kind of ploy on her part,
it better be, or darn it, that's some serious pis on Claremont's part.

Second, that's matrix/Merlyn who got his hands scorched,
and I'm sure you know what kind of power he had while merged to the omniversal Energy Matrix.

I'm still not sure if Merlyn is connected to the Energy Matrix anymore,
there's an Excalibur issue where the Tower that allowed his connection was destroyed,
but then at the end of the Excalibur run the arc alludes to that being not exactly true,
but then he gets owned by Psylock hand to hand in 2007, laughing out loud
yet can withstand/survive a direct blast from 616 Jaspers
that blows a hole through his chest in the same 2007 arc. no expression

Until further notice, continuity was twisted somewhat in that last Jaspers arc,
in 2007's ... 'Die by the Sword' ...
meh, at-least Jaspers still had the power to destroy the Omniverse. smile

The incident with merlyn being blasted by Jaspers/fury could for all we know have been a illusion made by Merlyn.

What I doesn't understand is why you places Merlyns durability so high because of the Matrix, I mean Doctor Strange while wielding great power still only has around human durability.

SoulDevourer
btw when scatterbrain his him with her psi-attack it said he turned off his brain & switched to "auxilary nervous system"

so how come scatterbrain's attack didn't target his 2nd nervous system too ? (apparently it only affected his primary brain)
on one hand her attacks could affect the entire marvel-verse (that's huge) but on the other hand it can't even affect the entire target ??? (since it only covered fury's main nervous system)

something don't fit huh

Mr Master
big grin

Mr Master

btw when scatterbrain his him with her psi-attack
it said he turned off his brain & switched to "auxilary nervous system"

so how come scatterbrain's attack didn't target his 2nd nervous system too ? (apparently it only affected his primary brain)
on one hand her attacks could affect the entire marvel-verse (that's huge)
but on the other hand it can't even affect the entire target ???
(since it only covered fury's main nervous system)

something don't fit What doesn't fit is your twisting of Scatterbrain's power.

Scatterbrain can't affect the entire Marvelverse,
Scatterbrain can affect a being on an omniversal scale.

What this means is:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5405/fury1vu6.th.jpg

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6455/fury2pb2.th.jpg

"Time distorts around her.
Motion breaks down into juddering stroboscopic images.
Seconds stretch into centuries.
Aeons condense into instants"

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4017/fury3mo9.th.jpg

..........................................................................................................

Fascination (Scatterbrain) wasn't even trying to hurt Brian,
and she knocked him out cold.

When Scatterbrain wants to hurt you,
this TIME affect expands across the Omniverse!

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7394/scxt9.th.jpg

"And with her touch,
the guard finds his Consciousness
instantly expanded across the Infinite breadth of the Omniverse"

==============================================

Now imagine the kind of attack
Scatterbrain unleashed on the Fury after he killed some of her team mates:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/428/f9mt8.th.jpg

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2418/f10iv8.th.jpg

Her touch is all that's needed,
yet she clawed her fingers into the Fury's head like a savage!

Fury immediately adapted, and owned Scatterbrain,
and Brian who tried to help.

Mr Master

I toke the crossing of Barriers because that is the only thing that I could find that in some way was capable of delivering the amount of damage if I recall correctly, you once said something about Merlyn being thrown through the omniverse ore something like that and that, the journey where he was thrown against the different barriers was a testemony to his durability.
Crossing barriers is a joke.

And I never ever said anything about Merlyn's durability concerning barriers,
I have no idea where you got that from.

Merlyn was tossed withIN the Energy Matrix itself,
he managed to merge with it.

Once withIN the Matrix, there's no need to cross any barriers,
cause that's what the Matrix is, infinite doorways to every Universe in Marvel.

The Matrix actually allows effortless instant access to every Universe,
this is why Excalibur was able to travel across the entire Omniverse easily.

It couldn't then when did it learn it
After it reached 616 and absorbed a CPU the size of an inner mountain.

and how the hell did it travel the old fashion way
from one universe to the next, a universe is infinite...
Email Alan Moore and inquire, cause those are the on panel facts.

The most likely it would run into would be the commen in space,
Meteors Black Holes Supernovas the forces of space,
and none of them should be capable of leaving as much as a single mark on fury master.
Again, and for the third time,
FUry was crossing entire UniverseS without teleporting,
IN Marvel comics, UniverseS are dying (collapsing)
and being re-born on a consistent basis:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/721892_etpf1.jpg

Fury could've easily entered many UniverseS that collapsed right on top of it,
but we also have countless other options that might've bombarded Fury,
I'm not going to repeat them all again, so just review many example I gave above.

Again, with sufficient and constant bombardment from all these sources,
at some point, even Fury would've began to wear without sustenance to regenerate.

I think I will I have begun making a habit out of writing the writers. But if only look at the journey, then how can you be absolutely sure that it was the journey through the universes and not between the universes that damaged it? Fact is that you cannot you can only speculate as much as I can.
You must've missed the part when I said my guess is as good as yours.

But imo, crossing barriers (which is a joke) did not damage Fury.

Go find a scan where crossing barriers (in Marvel) is a big deal,
where any reasonably durable character can't survive it.

And what I believe you forgot to focuse on is that even after Fury have battled Mad Jim Jaspers and being down it wouldn't have taken long for him to regain his former strength, even if he runs into major problems his abilities to regain his strength would most certainly make sure that the condition he arrived in shouldn't have been possible.
Incorrect.

Without sustenance of some sort for Fury to regenerate,
Fury can not just will it's recovery.

That's exactly why/how Linda was able to kill Fury,
she attacked him while severely weakened after it's battle with Jaspers,
before it was able to regenerate with the materials around it.

They are but they are all as much speculation Master as my theory is because fact is that we doesn't know, for all we know he could have journey though the universes without receiving a scratch, and the damage that he would receive, he would only receive one time thanks to his ability to adapt.
I never said anything in a factual tone
concerning Fury's damage when it arrived in 616.

But I'm 100% positive it wasn't crossing silly barriers,
which again, is a joke in Marvel for even heralds.

The material to regenerate master is placed all around fury...
If he gets hit by a meteor for instance he can use that to regain his strength
"meteors?' laughing out loud

I never suggested meteors as the culprit of Fury's damage.

I named many other far more potent forces.

So that means that if we take fury and throw it against a being like eternity for instance,
Eternity would be capable of overcomming it sooner ore later
as long as he places it in space and keeps attacking it?
The Fury before absorbing the mountain size CPU?

Probably, since it can not teleport.

The Fury after absorbing the mountain size CPU?

No way, since it's teleportation capabilities were off the charts.

That's a downer.
sad

That's the Problem I don't sad
I can send it to ya via AIM/Ichat/

I got a different picture about that from these scans.

http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mjj10jz1.jpg

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mjj11gm9.jpg
The first scan is the Fury disintegrating Brian with a single blast,
the only blast he ever dealt Brian. (only a single bone of Brian's was left)

The second scan is of Merlyn installing Brian's soul in his body,
which Merlyn had to re-create personally.

Mr Master

The incident with merlyn being blasted by Jaspers/fury
could for all we know have been a illusion made by Merlyn.
If your new style of debate to counter on panel facts is,
"for all we know" (a speculative contradiction of what took place on panel)
then I can't debate like that.

Merlyn got a hole balsted through him, and survived like nothing happened,
simple on panel facts without any unsupported theories behind it.

What I doesn't understand is why you places Merlyns durability so high
because of the Matrix,
I mean Doctor Strange while wielding great power
still only has around human durability.
I don't care about Dr Strange, (that cat's never even been universal)
he's a flea next to what Merlyn was while merged to the Matrix.

Still, like I said, I don't even know if Merlyn is still connected to the Matrix.

Doesn't really matter though, cause we're discussing the real original Fury here,
and the real original Fury scorched matrix/Merlyn's hands, (who was merged)
and matrix/Merlyn was an omniversal God.

And Fury blew 616 Jaspers into a skeleton while withIN his warp, (all of 616)
and 616 Jaspers was far more powerful than even matrix/Merlyn.

Those are the facts true debater.

SoulDevourer

"And with her touch,
the guard finds his Consciousness
instantly expanded across the Infinite breadth of the Omniverse"
so basically the victim is like "astral projection" or something ? he travels all over the omniverse (or something like that)
does it kill them ?
==============================================

yeah THATS IT THATS THE ONE that's the comic I was talking about thx ! smile

so why didn't she target his 2nd nervous system too ????? her power only afrfect his main brain but not his backup brain ro whatever

SoulDevourer
btw kinda offtopic, but: I don't care about Dr Strange, (that cat's never even been universal)
he's a flea next to what Merlyn was while merged to the Matrix.can't Dr Strange absorb anyone's power & take their place ? (a bit like Rogue or DC's Black Alice but better)
iirc he can absorb even ultra strong being powers (like that octopus thing cant remember its name) or even omnipotent beings

Mr Master

so basically the victim is like "astral projection" or something ?
he travels all over the omniverse (or something like that)
does it kill them ?
Not exactly.

It's not an astral projection,
it's one's consciousness that's literally expanded to fill every part of the Omniverse,
this is too much for anyone below omniversal level awareness.

yeah THATS IT THATS THE ONE that's the comic I was talking about thx !
You're welcome.

so why didn't she target his 2nd nervous system too ?????
her power only afrfect his main brain but not his backup brain ro whatever
Dude, look/read the scan, she was pulverized immediately after Fury adapted,
she obviously didn't have time to do anything more.

Mr Master

btw kinda offtopic, but: can't Dr Strange absorb anyone's power & take their place ? (a bit like Rogue or DC's Black Alice but better)
iirc he can absorb even ultra strong being powers (like that octopus thing cant remember its name) or even omnipotent beings
No.

Dr Strange has to be allowed to use a cosmic's power,
and not all cosmics are so friendly.

Meh, on top of this, it has to be in the cosmic's interest,
this is the only reason Order/Chaos allowed it once,
likewise once by Eternity.

SoulDevourer

Dude, look/read the scan, she was pulverized immediately after Fury adapted,
she obviously didn't have time to do anything more. LOL ok i get it

man i forgot how that sonofa is FAST!!

one thing though, how come she can dig her nails into him ? surly he must have gotten physical superdurability superman-style to adapt to previous physical attacks so he should be able to resist even high caliber bullets easy
(and besides she's not even super strength confused )

Mr Master

LOL ok i get it

man i forgot how that sonofa is FAST!!
It's ok friend, we all learn as we go.

one thing though, how come she can dig her nails into him ?
surly he must have gotten physical superdurability superman-style
to adapt to previous physical attacks
so he should be able to resist even high caliber bullets easy
(and besides she's not even super strength)
And how do you know she's not strong?

She's very touch, and very strong my friend,
aside from having that incredible power.

In fact, she lasted longer than anyone else in that Fury ambush,
she also recovered quickly from Fury's physical attack,
while everyone else got stomped, several were even murdered by Fury.

SoulDevourer
ok looks liek your right
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/fascination.htm

she got some superstrength

(gee everyones got superstrength those days :/)

captain britain looked so much stronger though (like shazam/superman class with invulnerability too) and yet Fury spanks him around like he's its ***** lol

The Great Galen
Amazo takes it, I dont see anything from Fury that would change my mind.

SoulDevourer
depends whos power is better

depends if Fury can adapt to anything & everything (IMO it can or at least its shown to)
also depends if Amazo can copy anything so as to stay 1 step ahead of Fury (I dunno if he can)

The Great Galen
So 5/5 possibly, although Im thinking Amazo could just copy Fury...that would be scary.

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Great Galen
So 5/5 possibly, although Im thinking Amazo could just copy Fury...that would be scary.

So, Amazo copies Fury's ability to adapt...and Fury adapts to compensate.

Seriously, his abilities are that WTFesque.

vlaaad12345
Infinite adapting war yay.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Infinite adapting war yay.

Pretty much. That's why I think it'd be a stalemate.

SoulDevourer
throw Doomsday into the mix and it's a real ****ing mess hehe...

darthgoober
Fury somehow adapts the ability to disband the Justice League Happy Dance .

Enyalus
Fury somehow adapts the ability to disband the Justice League Happy Dance .

If its Amazo from JLA 5 & 6, he doesn't even need it. big grin

darthgoober
Originally posted by Enyalus
If its Amazo from JLA 5 & 6, he doesn't even need it. big grin
Huh?

Knowsbleed33
Fury is apparently back in the next Captain Britain. Unless he's just another Plotka illusion.

I guess you can't keep a good Cybiote down.

Enyalus
Huh?

I know there's the whole "full capacity" rule in play, but a version of AMAZO was never specified in this thread...and the one shown in JLA 5-6 (Dec 06-Jan 07 IIRC), kinda sucked. Was in Red Tornado's body without his memory being completely wiped. Really held him back. Fury would beat him easily.

Was just thinking of different versions the Fury would be able to beat without the whole infinite adapting thing.

ultimatethor
Huh?

No offense Enyalus, but ROFL at this post

Enyalus
Originally posted by ultimatethor
No offense Enyalus, but ROFL at this post

Shaddap!

It made sense in my head... confused

ultimatethor
Shaddap!

It made sense in my head... confused

lulz

Galan007
So, Amazo copies Fury's ability to adapt...and Fury adapts to compensate. Then Amazo (now with Fury's abilities) compensates for that compensation.

Srsly, this is a stalemate. If I HAD to give an edge to someone though, it'd be to Amazo. Just MO.

Fury somehow adapts the ability to disband the Justice League Happy Dance . (facepalm)

That instance was nothing but PIS. If it were that easy to beat Amazo, the JLA would surely do so every time they face(d) him.

I know there's the whole "full capacity" rule in play, but a version of AMAZO was never specified in this thread...and the one shown in JLA 5-6 (Dec 06-Jan 07 IIRC), kinda sucked. Was in Red Tornado's body without his memory being completely wiped. Really held him back. Fury would beat him easily. There's a more recent version of Amazo then that.

Enyalus
There's a more recent version of Amazo then that.

Yeah. Cool as hell looking. Reminded me of a Red Tornado/Spawn fusion, lol.

And I agree. I think it's a stalemate with most Amazo versions.

Galan007
"thumb up" to both statements.

The Great Galen
Maybe there is a "Adapting"limit for one of these guys.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.