were venator's main cannons equal to an imperial's?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sigma-ct42
according to wookiepedia
the venator stardestroyers main cannons could match the imperial stardestroyers. is this true? considering the imperial class is a much newer and advanced ship?

Captain REX
Does Wookieepedia have any sources to back up that claim?

sigma-ct42
* The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide
* StarWars.com TCW Episode Guide: Destroy Malevolence on StarWars.com (backup link on Archive.org)
* Revenge of the Sith: Incredible Cross-Sections
* Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
* Star Wars Magazine UK 59
* Starships and Vehicles of Revenge of the Sith on Wizards.com (article)
* The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
* Starships of the Galaxy (2007)

Lucien A
I think it was Lightsnake who kept mentioning how the ISD was 9 times more powerful, with turbolasers that could operate at some 33% more efficency. Something like that.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Lucien A
I think it was Lightsnake who kept mentioning how the ISD was 9 times more powerful, with turbolasers that could operate at some 33% more efficency. Something like that.

That might've been glentract. I have seen that same figure (10 X) on Wong's website that compares star trek to star wars.

Cpt. Valerian
Originally posted by sigma-ct42
* The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide
* StarWars.com TCW Episode Guide: Destroy Malevolence on StarWars.com (backup link on Archive.org)
* Revenge of the Sith: Incredible Cross-Sections
* Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
* Star Wars Magazine UK 59
* Starships and Vehicles of Revenge of the Sith on Wizards.com (article)
* The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
* Starships of the Galaxy (2007)

I own The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide, and it is true. It does say they could match ISD's ones.

sigma-ct42
Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
I own The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide, and it is true. It does say they could match ISD's ones.

thank you kind sir. i own none of those so i pretty much rely on any credible source i can find outside the books i lack. now i wonder why the empire would phase out venators when they could use them as support for the imperial class. as they were pretty decent carriers.

Captain REX
Maybe they just didn't fit the needs of the Empire any more, as far as being efficient carriers? And there are also other aspects of the ships that the Empire may have decided to improve upon, even just for the sake of improvement... things like armor, sublight engines, hyperdrive, shielding, living space.

Lucien A
And size. Bigger the better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.