Banjo Kazooie vs. Crash Bandicoote

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Who do you think should win and why?

Dark-Jaxx
Banjo can apparently effortlessly shove a speeding car out of his way.

He wins.

occultdestroyer
Banjo Kazooie = cheap rip-off of CB

CB for the auto-win

Dark-Jaxx
If by cheap rip-off you meant more entertaining, cooler, funner, and with much more satisfying gameplay, I agree.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
If by cheap rip-off you meant more entertaining, cooler, funner, and with much more satisfying gameplay, I agree.
Doesn't matter.
Once a rip-off, always a rip-off.

You can put clothes and make-up on a monkey, but it's still a monkey.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Doesn't matter.
Once a rip-off, always a rip-off.

You can put clothes and make-up on a monkey, but it's still a monkey. Rip-off how?

Seriously, in what way is Banjo a rip-off?

Different characters, different appearances, different gameplay, different story...Is it just cause Banjo is an anthromorphic animal? no expression

Nemesis X
I really can't see how Banjo is such a rip off. His games are awesome and calling him a rip off of CB is just plain insulting.

MadMel
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Banjo Kazooie = cheap rip-off of CB

CB for the auto-win
i was under the impression that banjo came first erm
and if he wasnt, how could he possibly be a ripoff?
the gameplay was taken directly from mario 64 - the non-linear overworld style that was also used for DK 64 and conkers BFD, and was never used by a crash bandicoot game until crash 3 (possibly 2), both of which i know for a fact came out after banjo..
crash 1 had and overworld, sure, but it was completely linear, and totally different from the gameplay style that was used in mario 64 erm
not only is the gameplay different, but the story and characters are too..
dont get me wrong..crash had great games, and i had a lot of fun playing them back in the day, but saying that banjo is a ripoff is going way over the top, escpecially when banjo's real gameplay inspiration was mario..

Dark-Jaxx
Crash Bandicoot came out about 2 years first.

But yeah, there are absolutely no relevant similarities to suggest Banjo being a rip-off.

And he wins the fight too.

NonSensi-Klown
Crash also dies in one hit from anything.

Dark-Jaxx
Not if he has Aku-Aku nub.

Then it takes 2-3 hits. 131

k1Lla441
Crash Bandicoot came out about 2 years first.

But yeah, there are absolutely no relevant similarities to suggest Banjo being a rip-off.

And he wins the fight too.
i dont remember any CB games that were really good. pretty much both banjo games were extremely fun to play when i was a kid, evertime i think of that game i get a happy feeling. puzzle pieces ftw!! smile

NonSensi-Klown
Not if he has Aku-Aku nub.

Then it takes 2-3 hits. 131

That's not Crash you silly goose.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by k1Lla441
i dont remember any CB games that were really good. pretty much both banjo games were extremely fun to play when i was a kid, evertime i think of that game i get a happy feeling. puzzle pieces ftw!! smile I loved both series.

Crash Bandicoot: Warped is a classic for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.