The Blue Marvel vs The Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bouboumaster
1- Who he's the most insteresting character?

2- Who gots the biggest hype?

3- Who should be killed first?

4- Who would win if they were fighting?

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

1. Sentry with the void stuff.

2. Sentry by far...

3. BM

4. Havent seen enough yet from BM theres been 1 issue out so far.

Bouboumaster
bump

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

4- Who would win if they were fighting? Sentry, but I guarantee race will be brought up here

Sentry

BM

BM

Mindset
BM is more interesting, he's black.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Mindset
BM is more interesting, he's black. I'm convinced.

Cavalier
I find both to be pretty equally uninteresting.

psycho gundam
this blue marvel guy is supposed to be the next big thing.

first sentry, then red hulk, and now the blue marvel in only 2-3 years, this trend has to either slow down or stop completely.

tkitna
Well, if Blue Marvel gets written like Sentry has the last 4 months, it'll be a short ride for him.

psycho gundam
looks like blue marvel already showed sentry up:

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/2737/adamlegendofbluemarvel2hx8.jpg

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1624/adamlegendofbluemarvel2pt9.jpg

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7855/adamlegendofbluemarvel2gk3.jpg

psycho gundam
cont

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/4706/adamlegendofbluemarvel2mj9.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7899/adamlegendofbluemarvel2se3.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/617/adamlotbm01preview1largll2.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4643/adamlotbm01preview2larggn3.jpg

psycho gundam
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/786/adamlotbm01preview3largvw6.jpg

comicfan11
1 - We don't know because BM is extremely new to judge.
2 - Sentry with the whole "lost creation found" fiasco.
3 - Sentry. He's already made his circle and is constantly used as canon fodder getting trashed by characters like Human Torch and Namor (not that I have anything with these characters but they just show that Sentry is far from the most powerful character on the Marvel Earth)
4 - BM as shown in his mini

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by psycho gundam
looks like blue marvel already showed sentry up:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1624/adamlegendofbluemarvel2pt9.jpg

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7855/adamlegendofbluemarvel2gk3.jpg

Yoo Hoo...Quanchi?!

Is that your golden boy?

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Yoo Hoo...Quanchi?!

Is that your golden boy? Ya.

Quan's golden boy gets crushed like a common Terrax.

tkitna
He got punked, but how hard was he trying? He stated that he's never seen someone so powerful and that includes Genis, WWH, The Collective, etc,,,,.

All I can say is this 'Anti-Man' or whoever the hell he is must be a real badass.

-K-M-
Didn't in an interview the writer say Blue Marvel was below Thor or something a long those lines?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Yoo Hoo...Quanchi?!

Is that your golden boy? Havent read this yet.Originally posted by Red Hulk
Ya.

Quan's golden boy gets crushed like a common Terrax. Ill read this when its done.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by quanchi112
Havent read this yet. Ill read this when its done. That's all there is if I'm correct...

Haven't read it, as I don't want to though.

-K-M-
Yeah it's all there, Sentry didn't do anything else in the issue

tkitna
Originally posted by -K-M-
Didn't in an interview the writer say Blue Marvel was below Thor or something a long those lines?

Yeah, I saw that too. He said BM was in the same league as Supes, Thor, Sentry and so forth. Not above them, but in the same league. I'll try to fing the quote.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Red Hulk
That's all there is if I'm correct...

Haven't read it, as I don't want to though. Im not saying it isnt. Im saying that I have no clue who this guy even is let alone what was going on in this issue.

tkitna
Here it is.

http://www.newsarama.com/common/community/forums/?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat:46ada8ea-92e4-4618-9265-5be7cad0342bForum:eddf0de6-9daf-45e6-a15c-da5305371fbeDiscussion:123d67f0-da9d-4f72-a944-1183b766811d&plckCurrentPage=1&sid=sitelife.newsarama.com

Actually, after I first decided to bring the Blue Marvel into the Marvel U, I talked it over with my buddy Paul Jenkins to see if he wouldn't mind my doing just that. My thinking was that it would make the Blue Marvel easier to accept because I was going to do it in the pages of the New Warriors. We were going to insert him as being the first Scout whose identity couldn't be made public because he was black. But the timeline didn't work, and Tom Brevoort didn't want him tide to an existing character. I thought, since Marvel had him as coming before the Fantastic Four, he was a Silver Age character. Not the case. As a result, we nixed that idea in favor of my original one.
KG

As long as I'm writing the character, he won't be so strong that he makes other characters look foolish. He is just in the same league as the Hulk, Thor, Superman, Sentry, Orion, J'onn J'onzz, etc. He's NOT above them.

He does have energy powers as well, but not through a kind of "vision".

KG

Mindset
Originally posted by tkitna
He got punked, but how hard was he trying? He stated that he's never seen someone so powerful and that includes Genis, WWH, The Collective, etc,,,,.

All I can say is this 'Anti-Man' or whoever the hell he is must be a real badass. How would he know how powerful Genis is?

He wasn't even going all out.

tkitna
How would he know how powerful Genis is?

He probably didnt, but we do. Its a fair comparison.

Neither was Sentry. http://www.avatarsplus.com/d/13594-1/1076-shrug.gif

Mindset
He probably didnt, but we do. Its a fair comparison.

Neither was Sentry. http://www.avatarsplus.com/d/13594-1/1076-shrug.gif What does it matter if Sentry wasn't going all out?

And no, we don't know how strong Genis is compared to Anti Man.

The point is Sentry doesn't know how strong Genis is.

tkitna
What does it matter if Sentry wasn't going all out?

Because you made it a point to tell me that Genis was holding back.

This is true, but we know Genis is a real beast from his showings and if he and Sentry were throwing punches that were enough to shatter worlds, Anti-Man must be a bad cat for Sentry to say what he said. Also, that was coming from a guy who was taking WWH punches with a smile.

But we have an idea, that was the point. Dont try to make it out to be more than it is.

Fanboy
Blue Marvel.

Zack Fair
Wonder why they didn't name him the Black Marvel.

Nihilist
what comic is blue marvel from?

Stoic
What comic is that from?

Red Hulk
I didn't want to read it... but I did...

Val-E-Doosh
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Wonder why they didn't name him the Black Marvel.
Because that would be stupid.

And I'll give him the benefit of doubt. It's hard to be less interesting than Sentry.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
Because that would be stupid.
Have you read the second issue?

All they talk about is his skin color... hell, he even gets called a 'negro' in it.

guy222
Blue Marvel

Val-E-Doosh
Have you read the second issue?

All they talk about is his skin color... hell, he even gets called a 'negro' in it.
Sounds awful.

"Black" whatever is just a relic of the old days. No need for that kind of stuff today.

Zack Fair
Tell that to the Black Widow

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
Sounds awful.

"Black" whatever is just a relic of the old days. No need for that kind of stuff today. I know, but the way they go about it, it wouldn't have made a difference.

Enyalus
Tell that to the Black Widow

"Black Lightning" is even worse. I mean, how much more obvious can you get?

Val-E-Doosh
I know, but the way they go about it, it wouldn't have made a difference.
Well this guy might have done the impossible and become less than Sentry is. I take back my first post.

And there's a clear difference between being named Black Widow after the spider and Black Lightning because of your skin color but obviously I didn't have to explain that.

iceman24567
What about Black Goliath and they even killed him no expression

Priest
It's Anti-Man! He is POWA!
What about Black Panther...

Zack Fair
Black Panther married Storm...cuz she is black embarrasment

Enyalus
Black Panther married Storm...cuz she is black embarrasment

No. He married Storm because she can absorb stars. And gives teh good secks.

Zack Fair
How could I forget that! Her cosmic prowess endowed him with cosmic armbar abilities. It all makes sense now. Tchalla you sly dog.

Enyalus
thumb up

Precisely.

namorsubby
cool costume. anyone have a bio or possibly a thread for BM?

boonie
I'm thinking....Marvel wins.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Enyalus
"Black Lightning" is even worse. I mean, how much more obvious can you get?

I think worse would be the name "afro american lightning"

Warlord
Sentry should win

Blue Marvel looks like Dr Fate by the way

Badabing
Blue Marvel BFRed Sentry into orbit where he appeared KOed. That would be a win on KMC

Sentry did a speed blitz from orbit to put Blue Marvel down.

pinky80
He was hurt, no reason to say he was KOed. He had his eyes closed, who knows how long for, maybe for that particular second.

Badabing
Originally posted by pinky80
He was hurt, no reason to say he was KOed. He had his eyes closed, who knows how long for, maybe for that particular second. The fact that he was floating in orbit motionless tells me he was KOed. But if you have scans or proof to the contrary then by all means post it.

I'm no expert in time, but the two pages from the bfr to the return appears to be well over a particular second, given that he entered orbit in a fraction of a second and returned at least as quickly. By those panels I'm saying that he was BFRed/KOed long enough for a KMC victory. And the scans support me.

Not to mention this happened after he fought Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Aries and Wonder Man...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-02-26.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-03-20.jpg

jalek moye
could go either way seeing as they are equals

tkitna
Originally posted by Badabing
The fact that he was floating in orbit motionless tells me he was KOed. But if you have scans or proof to the contrary then by all means post it.

I'm no expert in time, but the two pages from the bfr to the return appears to be well over a particular second, given that he entered orbit in a fraction of a second and returned at least as quickly. By those panels I'm saying that he was BFRed/KOed long enough for a KMC victory. And the scans support me.

Not to mention this happened after he fought Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Aries and Wonder Man...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-02-26.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-03-20.jpg

His eyes werent even closed. I take it more as he was like, 'WTF just hit me'. He came back and took care of business. Now scan a page or two forward and you'll see a true KMC KO.

Badabing
His eyes werent even closed. I take it more as he was like, 'WTF just hit me'. He came back and took care of business. Now scan a page or two forward and you'll see a true KMC KO. I would expect no less from you. laughing out loud

And my original post said...
Blue Marvel BFRed Sentry into orbit where he appeared KOed. That would be a win on KMC

Sentry did a speed blitz from orbit to put Blue Marvel down. My original point stands. Sentry was BFRed/KOed long enough for a KMC win when Bob entered orbit. Not to mention this happened after he fought Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Aries and Wonder Man...

pinky80
Maybe he did win but Sentry came back and KOed him, anyway not like Sentry was going all out. No suns exploded lulz.

bbrem123
and when sentry koed blue marvel he was out cold for a long time

Badabing
Are you all really reading and understanding my point? I'll re-post it one more time.

Sentry did a speed blitz from orbit to put Blue Marvel down.

Now, I will take everyone through slowly so there's no confusion. I never stated or hinted that Sentry didn't put Blue Marvel down. To the contrary, my original post clearly states..."Sentry did a speed blitz from orbit to put Blue Marvel down."

My point is that..."Blue Marvel BFRed Sentry into orbit where he appeared KOed. That would be a win on KMC." And not to be forgotten is..."Not to mention this happened after he fought Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Aries and Wonder Man..."

That's it. I made no claim who would win this fight. I simply relayed what happened when they met.

I'm going to start warning people for lack of reading comprehension. sneer

biscuits

stick out tongue

pinky80
To a guy who can return and whatever hitting into orbit isn't really BFR.

Trackz
Blue Marvel in my opinion
Sentry
Sentry
Draw

tkitna
I would expect no less from you. laughing out loud

big grin You know I cant resist.

(I realize what you meant too, but somebody has to stick up for Bob dammit)

Hyperion Prime
Not this again....Sentry got KTFO...eyes all rolled in the back of his head like some chick getting some nizut!! He beat Sentry after figting all those Avengers...if you dont agree you are a wait for it................

Racist big grin

No really you are uhuh

dmills
How is it that comics can have words AND pictures and people still get it wrong.

Sentry was one shotted into space with his eye's glazed over. When he came back and cheap shotted BM, if you read the next few panels obviously they were both exhausted, Bob asked BM if he had enough and BM asked Bob if HE had enough before he collapsed from sheer exhaustion. This was after smacking around Iron Man, Ares, Wonderman and Marvel girl.

I knew reading comprehension was poor in the states but to be able to look at pictures and STILL not be able to comprehend...

Priest
Anyways...
Sentry wins.

KingD19
I will say this, BM knocked Sentry into orbit with a one shot, Sentry's eyes were rolled back. I say that was like a split second knock out, where you lose consciousness, then pop back up a few seconds later.

Sentry had to fly full speed from orbit, and sneak attack BM to take him out, it's a KO for sure, but it seemed to me that Sentry didn't think he could take BM head on.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Priest
Anyways...
Sentry wins.

Peterlane
Sentry won barely. Still a wins a win

Trackz
..the creator stated they're equal, sentry only won after BM had being fighting the other Avengers

Hyperion Prime
bump this isit

Harbinger
Stalemate.

Daredevil1
BM wins.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by pinky80
Maybe he did win but Sentry came back and KOed him, anyway not like Sentry was going all out. No suns exploded lulz.

Yeah and not like Blue Marvel was going all out either. Sentry Koed him via sneak attack. Blue at least did it straight up.

bbrem123
current sentry wtf rape stomps BM

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

Nihilist
Blue Marvel wins.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by dmills
How is it that comics can have words AND pictures and people still get it wrong.

Sentry was one shotted into space with his eye's glazed over. When he came back and cheap shotted BM, if you read the next few panels obviously they were both exhausted, Bob asked BM if he had enough and BM asked Bob if HE had enough before he collapsed from sheer exhaustion. This was after smacking around Iron Man, Ares, Wonderman and Marvel girl.

I knew reading comprehension was poor in the states but to be able to look at pictures and STILL not be able to comprehend...

It is more fanboy bias leading to denial than reading comprehension problems.

Hyperion Prime
It is more fanboy bias leading to denial than reading comprehension problems.

QUanchi has reading and picture book problems. eek!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
QUanchi has reading and picture book problems. eek! I know who won and who lost. It's pretty simple.

Hyperion Prime
I know who won and who lost. It's pretty simple.

Lets keep it in this thread forget the other one......know you don't you cant comprhend

quanchi112
Lets keep it in this thread forget the other one......know you don't you cant comprhend You can't even spell the word, lol. Sentry at his best crushes him imo and even in his own book sentry wins.

bbrem123
isnt it suppose to be current depictions of the characters?...cuz sentry rips BM in 2 if so...the fight was pretty even before...now not so much

Hyperion Prime
You can't even spell the word, lol. Sentry at his best crushes him imo and even in his own book sentry wins.

Oh lulz I spelled a word wrong I best give my college degree back.

Kmc rules states that a knockout was recorded....BM won. Now current sentry may beat him, but that one didn't

bbrem123

Kmc rules states that a knockout was recorded....BM won. Now current sentry may beat him, but that one didn't

oooooo boy

quanchi112

Kmc rules states that a knockout was recorded....BM won. Now current sentry may beat him, but that one didn't Sentry wasn't ko'd Blue Marvel was. In the comic Sentry beat him. You trying to spin two pages into a win for the blue marvel doesn't change the facts.

JakeTheBank
Sentry wasn't KOed?

I'm of the impression he was based on him floating in space with his eyes rolled backwards.

dmills
Technically he was bfr'd and KOed smile Bob got in a good cheapshot though.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Sentry wasn't KOed?

I'm of the impression he was based on him floating in space with his eyes rolled backwards. He was hurt but quickly got back into the fight.

JakeTheBank
Well, he recovered in a few, yeah, but it still stands to reason Blue Marvel hit him with enough power to render him unconscious, as that's what the comic seemed to be portraying. I will say that without explicit Void power use, though, Sentry does seem to have decent recovery time.

quanchi112
Well, he recovered in a few, yeah, but it still stands to reason Blue Marvel hit him with enough power to render him unconscious, as that's what the comic seemed to be portraying. I will say that without explicit Void power use, though, Sentry does seem to have decent recovery time. Well, I honestly don't see him as ko'd more or less stunned.

Hyperion Prime
Well, I honestly don't see him as ko'd more or less stunned.

Bada even said he was koed......give it up he was floating in outerspace all limp eyes rolled up into the back of his head. IF THE OTHER AVENGERS WERE NOT HOLDING BLUE MARVEL BACK HE WOULD HAVE WENT INTO OUTERSPACE AND FINISHED THE JOB.

I asked you this before and you ignored it..... If my friends are fighting you and holding you down and i get up after you knocked me out I walk up and sneak attack you from behind while you are being held how is that win or even an honorable win. Sure I knocked you out but I looked like a pussy doing it. That's what the Sentry looked like a f'n ass end attacking pussy. He raped BM while the other guys held him down.
I have posted the scans again...use your eyes dont read just look, but I bet you cant do that cuz you are so into the sentry you are blinded.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05007.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/1031145-albm_05_009_super.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm050102.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05006.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05011.jpg

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by dmills
Technically he was bfr'd and KOed smile Bob got in a good cheapshot though.

thumb up
Sentry wasn't KOed?

I'm of the impression he was based on him floating in space with his eyes rolled backwards.

thumb up

dmills
Yeah dude was ko'ed. In real life when someone suffers a severe concussion or faints etc, more often than not the eyes are open and glazed over, not closed. Quan is just doing what he does -seizing upon the slightest bit of ambiguity and obfuscating as much as possible. Love the guy, but you shouldn't waste your time arguing with him.

quanchi112
@ Hyperion prime

This isn't real life and if someone's a threat to the cops and they gang up to prevent others from getting hurt are they pussies for that ?

See I apply real world situations to this whereas you don't.

Sentry was stunned like I said because if he was out he wouldn't have recovered to end blue marvel.

Sentry at his lowest still won and at his greatest he stomps.

carver9
I don't know why you all are debating this, we have no true idea on how powerful BM is. From his showings, hell, I honestly believe he could POSSIBLY be more powerful than Thor, Sentry, Supes, etc...

This guy took on the entire avengers, INCLUDING Sentry and held his own. He also took on Antman, a planetary threat and defeated him. Antman was stated by Sentry as being the most powerful being he has faced or encountered.

Then BM defeated Hyperion, etc, etc...

BM physically is a monster. I don't think he could beat a Sentry that got more familiar with his powers but any before that is losing.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by carver9
I don't know why you all are debating this, we have no true idea on how powerful BM is. From his showings, hell, I honestly believe he could POSSIBLY be more powerful than Thor, Sentry, Supes, etc...

This guy took on the entire avengers, INCLUDING Sentry and held his own. He also took on Antman, a planetary threat and defeated him. Antman was stated by Sentry as being the most powerful being he has faced or encountered.

BM physically is a monster. I don't think he could beat a Sentry that got more familiar with his powers but any before that is losing.

So you agree Blue Marvel. Thanks carver

carver9
So you agree Blue Marvel. Thanks carver

No, Sentry wins this IF we use the Sentry by the end that were familiar with his powers. An other, yeah, he could possibly lose but we use the latest versions of the character on the forum and that version wins after a hard fight.

CosmicComet

Not Antman. Antiman.

Antiman did shit all to earn such a distinction. Hyperbole and then got killed with only a handful of appearance. Flavor of the month type villain.

iceman24567
Blue Marvel wins

Hyperion Prime
No, Sentry wins this IF we use the Sentry by the end that were familiar with his powers. An other, yeah, he could possibly lose but we use the latest versions of the character on the forum and that version wins after a hard fight.

I know what you meant. When they fought back then BM won....now it maybe a different story. This post is old

quanchi112
I know what you meant. When they fought back then BM won....now it maybe a different story. This post is old Wrong. It stated on panel bob you got the best of him, barely. Sentry flew back into the fight immediately and Bm's knees buckled and he was out of the fight.

carver9
I know what you meant. When they fought back then BM won....now it maybe a different story. This post is old

Yeah, it was pretty obvious he won that fight but he was getting ripped up by Sentry before tossing him in space. Some people could make the argument that Blue Marvel was fighting the Avengers before Sentry showed up and wasn't at 100% but Sentry was still working him (and underestimated him imo). Using that Sentry, I would give BM a split, 50/50.

Blue marvel ain't no joke. This is the same guy that stopped a meteor the size of Rhode Island like it was nothing and also "almost" split a moon in half with just a toss of a emblem.

Blue Marvel is a beast.

Sin I AM
hmmmmmmm Blue Marvel

Hyperion Prime
Yeah, it was pretty obvious he won that fight but he was getting ripped up by Sentry before tossing him in space. Some people could make the argument that Blue Marvel was fighting the Avengers before Sentry showed up and wasn't at 100% but Sentry was still working him (and underestimated him imo). Using that Sentry, I would give BM a split, 50/50.

Blue marvel ain't no joke. This is the same guy that stopped a meteor the size of Rhode Island like it was nothing and also "almost" split a moon in half with just a toss of a emblem.

Blue Marvel is a beast.

Yeah it was pretty obvious that Blue Marvel won that fight.

wildernesss
"Wrong. It stated on panel bob you got the best of him, barely. Sentry flew back into the fight immediately and Bm's knees buckled and he was out of the fight."

this

current sentry flicks aways the blue marble. sentry's regeneration was beyond formidable even before his understanding of it.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by wildernesss
"Wrong. It stated on panel bob you got the best of him, barely. Sentry flew back into the fight immediately and Bm's knees buckled and he was out of the fight."

this

current sentry flicks aways the blue marble. sentry's regeneration was beyond formidable even before his understanding of it.

laughing out loud Lolz so because one of your friends stated you got the best of him after a cheapshot that means its an automatic win. On panel they were just trying to comfort Sentry after getting KTFO. Sentry was put in orbit eyes all glazed over and limp. Then he cameback to cheapshot a guy who was fighting 5 other people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.