Sentry, Superman vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superman XX5
....? smile

The Great Galen
Supes gets powered by Sentry's solar energy and becomes sun amped leading to a victory for the majority.

ultimatethor
Thanos

fascistcrusader
Is that yellow solar coming off of Sentry? I always thought it was just a bright energy field, not necessarily the energy Kryptonians are powered by.

Also, does Thanos get prep time?

The Great Galen
Yes it is solar energy, the same kind Supes feeds on. He gets amped then proceeds to beat Supes.

fascistcrusader
Do you have any proof for this, or is it nothing but speculation on your part. The "power of a million exploding suns" thing is more a a quantifier of his power, not a descriptor.

The Great Galen
However a character that was powered by a million suns fought agaisnt Supes and he absorbed his energy and directed it back to him. At this point, there is more to support supes being powered up by sentry then the latter.

fascistcrusader
But that character wasn't Sentry, as far as I'm aware Kal El and Bob have never encountered each other. Sentry isn't powered by a million suns, he has the equivalent powered of them. I'm not buying Supes being powered up by Bob at all.

The Great Galen
Untill its stated otherwise there is more suggesting he would power him then the opposite.

Mindset
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/iceman_x_is_crazy/facepalm.jpg

Nihilist
pffft

sentry aint a threat, supes goes down as well

Enyalus
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Is that yellow solar coming off of Sentry? I always thought it was just a bright energy field, not necessarily the energy Kryptonians are powered by.

Don't listen to Galen's crap. Sentry does not produce yellow solar energy. He can, however, draw power from the sun (like Superman can.)

The proof for this is that, basically, not one of Earth's scientists know the limits of Sentry's power or exactly what empowers him. Even Ultron could not figure it out. So it can't be your basic, standard yellow sunlight.

Oh, and Thanos wins.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Mindset
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/iceman_x_is_crazy/facepalm.jpg

Win.

fascistcrusader
Except for the fact that there isn't anything suggesting Sentry would power him. Everything we've learned about Goldilocks's power is that it can't be classified as something as simple as yellow solar, and nothing at all has described it as such in any comic I've read featuring him. I'd say the team has an edge here but its certainly not because Sentry powers up Superman, as nothing suggests he would.

Bouboumaster
Thanos shit on both. He just can't lose this fight.

Only two herald lvler. That's nothing.

Knowsbleed33
Thanos.

Sentry is a non-factor.

Bentley
Thanos for the stomp. Supes would last longer though.

occultdestroyer
Thanos

Harbinger
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Thanos.

Sentry is a non-factor.

AlmightyKfish
Thanos.

Firelord basically said that himself, Surfer and Drax couldn't beat Thanos. This team would do no better.

Starscream M
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Thanos.

Firelord basically said that himself, Surfer and Drax couldn't beat Thanos. This team would do no better. why do you trust firelord's opinion?

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^^ Why do you doubt it? As far as this match goes... Thanos with ease imo

iceman24567
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Thanos.

Sentry is a non-factor. Agreed.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Except for the fact that there isn't anything suggesting Sentry would power him. Everything we've learned about Goldilocks's power is that it can't be classified as something as simple as yellow solar, and nothing at all has described it as such in any comic I've read featuring him. I'd say the team has an edge here but its certainly not because Sentry powers up Superman, as nothing suggests he would.

Still don't see anything indicating Sentry isn't powered by solar energy, IMO he powers up Supes but even if he didn't the team still wins. If bob has deposits of solar enery in his cells then Supes could simply absorb that into himself as well.

carver9
Look at the genis vell fight that sentry had, it stated ON PANEL that sentry draws his power from EVERYWHERE, not just the yellow sun but EVERYWHERE. Its comes before the part where it say that they are producing enough energy to destroy planets.

Can someone post the scan so that galan can sthu

The Great Galen
Sentry draws from solar energy....nuff said on that. Anyhow team wins.

Philosophía
Sentry wins. Superman is a non-factor.

Wei Phoenix

The Great Galen
Sentry would just need to get in some shots while Supes is busy doing all the work, thats the benefit when u fight with superspeed.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
What does Sentry have that is going to stop Thanos?

Long, blonde hair.

Wei Phoenix
Seeing as Thanos has taken on much more than this team including Thor, then I must say that their speed won't be that much of an advantage.

The Great Galen
Considering that everyone Thanos has fought fights like a brick it doesnt really matter. The only time Thanos fought someone whose combat speed was slightly comaprable to Supes he coudlnt even lay a hand on her.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Considering that everyone Thanos has fought fights like a brick it doesnt really matter. The only time Thanos fought someone whose combat speed was slightly comaprable to Supes he coudlnt even lay a hand on her.

yeah Thor is a brick, Surfer is a brick, Galactus is a brick.

The Great Galen
When they fight...well they are lol.

KuRuPT Thanosi
add in Odin and Tyrant lol

iceman24567
Thor does fight like a brick alot by the way.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
add in Odin and Tyrant lol

Did thanos beat them by any chance...exaclty.

KuRuPT Thanosi
how would sentry or superman last with either of those two? I'm thinking one shotted by tyrant the both of them and odin well pretty much the them if either engaged him one v one .

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Did thanos beat them by any chance...exaclty.

Thanos wrecked Tyrant, pretty much embarassed him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.