Rise of the Supermen: can they be stopped?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
The Supermen of multiple universes have banded together to impose their will upon all earths and create a new world order:

Superman
Sentry
Supreme (original)
Gladiator
King Hyperion
Supreme Power Hyperion
Blue Marvel (Adam)
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Count Nefaria
Mr Majestic
Icon
Samaritan
Mon-El (has serum)

But there are those brave few who will try to stand against them. How far can the Supermen go before they would be stopped, if they can be stopped at all? All battles are fought separately, with no prep:

1) Supergirl, Maxima, Suprema
Gladiator's girl cousin from Starmasters,
Power Princess, Supreme Power Zarda,
Wonder Woman (lasso & bracelets only),
Mary Marvel (classic), Mary Marvel (black Mary)
Power Girl, Big Barda, Donna Troy, Isis, Andromeda

2) Juggernaut, Kurse, Konvict, Lobo, Ulik, Bizarro, Mongul,
Doomsday (DOS - if they kill him once he is out of the fight),
Dumb Drax (no PG), Savage Hulk, Abomination, Wendigo,
Pagan

3) Green Lantern (Hal), Dr Strange (Current), Firestorm (classic), Flash (current), Professor X, Vision, Quasar (WV), Ghost Rider (current), Invisible Woman, Captain Atom, Namor, Wonder Man (most powerful phase), Wolverine

4) Silver Surfer, Morg (WOL), Terrax, Firelord, Fallen One, Nova (herald), Stardust, Red Shift, Invisible Man, Ion (current)

5) C.A.P. Robot (Conserve and Protect), Reed Richards in Fully powered Anti-Galactus suit, the Destroyer (Loki's spirit), Amazo (powered by the 'Big 7' JLA only)

6) And if they can take that lot, then this legion of Supermen unwittingly enter the Marvel Zombie universe looking for new worlds to conquer. It is inhabited by all the zombies depicted so far (no cosmic powers). Do they get out alive?

Bentley
4, mostly thanks to Morg. (I assume he has PC and the WOL)

basilisk
Originally posted by Bentley
4, mostly thanks to Morg. (I assume he has PC and the WOL)

Yes.

The heralds and Ion are slightly outnumbered here but I figured WOL Morg counted for a few heralds to make it up. But I'm not quite sure if he could win the day for the herald team or not.

Galan007
Team 3 *could* have a shot.

Enyalus
I really think they'd make it past the "herald" level and be stopped at five, instead.

AlmightyKfish
Team 3 have a chance.

If they beat team 3, they lose to 4. Morg alone can handle a few of the Supermen, with the WOL he was a beast.

psycho gundam
4 can triumph, mostly due to morg.

3 gets hammered with only a few hangers on, but inevitable they fall.

DigiMark007
How many of them are telepathically resistant? Maxima might solo half the field in the first battle. Or Xavier in the 3rd.

srug

Enyalus
Originally posted by DigiMark007
How many of them are telepathically resistant? Maxima might solo half the field in the first battle. Or Xavier in the 3rd.

srug

Gladiator is. big grin

And I think SP Hyperion is, too. And Mr. Majestic probably is...he's got that whole, super intelligence, super concentration thing going on.

Soljer
Originally posted by Enyalus
Gladiator is.

Emma Frost.

shokosugi
Here's my team

Dr. Strange
Thor
Blackbolt
Adam Warlock
Genis-vell
Quasar
WWH
Juggernaut
Green Lantern
Dormammu
Zom
Loki
Mephisto
Satanish
Doomsday
Abomination
Silver Surfer
Ikaris
Odin
Thanos
Hercules
Nova
Rulk

shokosugi
notice there are lots of Mages

fangirl101
Originally posted by DigiMark007

srug
And Maxima can make living copies of herself that can fight as well.

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101
And Maxima can make living copies of herself that can fight as well.

Didn't know that...

...interesting thought.

xJLxKing
The Superman team should be able go through team 1-3. The only problem is Xavier, Maxima(i think), and Dr.Strange.
They wont be defeating team 4.
I don't know about the rest

fangirl101
Didn't know that...

...interesting thought.
I guess I have a new Project huh. respect Maxima coming soon to a thread near you.

Enyalus
I guess I have a new Project huh. respect Maxima coming soon to a thread near you.

Redheads need love too.

Except for Jimmy Olsen. Screw him.

fangirl101
Redheads need love too.

Except for Jimmy Olsen. Screw him.
DS did. With a 10 feet grey father box.

Enyalus
DS did. With a 10 feet grey father box.

That's why Darkseid and I are homies.

fascistcrusader
My money's on team 4.

shokosugi
combine team 3 and team 4 and you have a fight.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by xJLxKing
The Superman team should be able go through team 1-3. The only problem is Xavier, Maxima(i think), and Dr.Strange.
They wont be defeating team 4.
I don't know about the rest

Current Strange won't be a problem. The man got taken out by Maya Lopez.

Ghost Rider would be a big problem on team 3, simply because he just won't die.

Bentley

That would be pretty constructive for you to do so. Go ahead!

Zack Fair
Maxima's hot and kicks ass. I'll be waiting for that.

horrorwolf
Team 4 stomps them out.

Hyperion Prime
The Rise of the Supermen should have Martian Man Hunter since he is could help with they psychic defense. MM is basically a martian superman.

basilisk
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
The Rise of the Supermen should have Martian Man Hunter since he is could help with they psychic defense. MM is basically a martian superman.

I didn't think of Martian Manhunter. Maybe I haven't ever seen him as quite the Superman archetype character because he has more unusual powers like invisibility, tp, shapeshifting, and greeness etc that aren't part of the standard powerset. Same reason I didn't put Tangent Superman in. And SM 1M and SBP etc seemed way too much.

I'd be willing to allow MM on the team if Maxima and Xavier were considered that much of a fight-stopper, but I thought this many Supermen would be a fair fight since a number of them have demonstrated strong wills and good resistance to tp (while others haven't). And Sentry might go completely Void crazy like he has in the past with telepaths - which doesn't always bode well for the telepath.

I thought Maxima might be a good opponent for Sentry in that round. Didn't know about the copies she can create otherwise I might have left her out - creating dupes can kind of spoil the intention of the fight.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by basilisk
I didn't think of Martian Manhunter. Maybe I haven't ever seen him as quite the Superman archetype character because he has more unusual powers like invisibility, tp, shapeshifting, and greeness etc that aren't part of the standard powerset. Same reason I didn't put Tangent Superman in. And SM 1M and SBP etc seemed way too much.

I'd be willing to allow MM on the team if Maxima and Xavier were considered that much of a fight-stopper, but I thought this many Supermen would be a fair fight since a number of them have demonstrated strong wills and good resistance to tp (while others haven't). And Sentry might go completely Void crazy like he has in the past with telepaths - which doesn't always bode well for the telepath.

I thought Maxima might be a good opponent for Sentry in that round. Didn't know about the copies she can create otherwise I might have left her out - creating dupes can kind of spoil the intention of the fight.

I guess MM has more differences than similarities. I guess was thinking of the speed, strength, and Martian Vision. I have always thought of Captain Marvel as being completley different than Superman.

Enyalus
Captain Marvel and Superman came out around the same time, anyhow. ('38 and '39.) So yeah, CM shouldn't ever be considered a Superman clone. smile

MightyEInherjar
Both team 1 or team 2 could pull an upset IMO. Not majority or anything, but potentially 2/10. A couple of the guys in 2 (Kurse, Konvikt, Mongul, Doomsday, etc) have taken on and beaten multiple Superman levels fine before, and the remainder (Hulk, Ulik, Bizarro, Drax, etc) have all at least taken down one Superman type in their careers. Guys like Juggernaut can obviously tie up numerous Supermen at once provided they don't throw him off the planet.

Team 3 would have been the end of them if there had been a few replacements. I don't see IW or Vision doing much but playing battlefield medics. Then again, there's a good amount of strong shields on this team though. Quasar, Hal, Firestorm, Captain Atom and IW could all try and hold them off with shields while Prof X and Dr Strange try to work miracles from inside.

If the shields fall (which would be a mighty task, breaking the combined shields of Hal and Quasar alone), then Flash could always drop an IMP on each of them the moment it does and hope Namor, Wonder Man, Vision, and Wolverine could try to get their only shots in on their stunned enemies. Hal, Captain Atom, and Quasar could all handle their own Supermen if need be. I imagine Ghost Riders PS would be more than some of the more aggressive or unstable Supermen to handle (Hyperion, Gladiator, Black Adam, Sentry, etc), and his durability would keep him around for a long time.

Another possibility is that (under the cover of the shields) Prof X, Vision, and Strange could try and analyze the weaknesses of their opponents while Firestorm attempts to physically create them on the battlefield.

On second thought, team 3 stops them. Due to versatility.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.