Galactus vs The Source

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Classic NES
At full power silver age showings could Galactus:

1] Absorb the source

2] Combat the source

xJLxKing
The Source is the creator of all the universe in DC. I don't even think he can go through the source wall let alone defeat the Source.

MightyEInherjar
Isn't the Source infinite, and thus impossible to be completely consumed?

Mindset
Originally posted by xJLxKing
The Source is the creator of all the universe in DC. I don't even think he can go through the source wall let alone defeat the Source. Galactus would sneeze and break the source wall.

batdude123
Galactus would be a horrible joke in his attempts to do ANYTHING to the Source.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Mindset
Galactus would sneeze and break the source wall.
The source wall is invinsible. The monsters are there just for show. It's all been stated that the source wall is one to many things that are preventing things from getting to the Source Wall.

Mindset
The source wall is not invincible.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by batdude123
So, even with all his tech, Galactus wouldn't be able to absorb the slightest bit of the Source?

xJLxKing
The source wall is not invincible. sorry wrong it was invisible

fangirl101

batdude123
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
So, even with all his tech, Galactus wouldn't be able to absorb the slightest bit of the Source?

The question was, "could Galactus absorb the source?'"

My response to that question is a hearty "hell no."

fangirl101
Could Galactus Absorb The HOTU if it had it's own mind?

Mindset
We'll never know fangirl, we'll never know.

MightyEInherjar
The question was, "could Galactus absorb the source?'"

My response to that question is a hearty "hell no."
I know, I just honestly had no idea. I figure Galactus has some of the best absorbing tech in comics, it's mind boggling for me to think with everything he's got, he wouldn't be able to take a tiny sip.

Mindset
He can.

batdude123
What do you know, anyway?

Starscream M
wasn't henshaw able to exert some level of control over the source wall?

Galan007
The source wall is not the Source itself.

batdude123
Bingo.

Mindset
What do you know, anyway? Pretty much everything.

xJLxKing
Pretty much everything.
Whats my last name??

The source is pretty much the same as the "one above all" in Marvel. Unless Galactus can defeat the One Above All then I don't see him defeating the source

batdude123
Whats my last name??

The source is pretty much the same as the "one above all" in Marvel. Unless Galactus can defeat the One Above All then I don't see him defeating the source

Douche.

xJLxKing
Douche.
Holy Mother Of all that is Pure and Sweet!!!! How did you know?

Mindset
The source is not equal to the One Above All, not even close.

xJLxKing
The source is not equal to the One Above All, not even close.
Please explain. It would seem that you make a lot of statements with nothing to back it up. The Source is The Presence which has created all the universe. Unless you can prove something I don't know then you can't really state that as a fact. Only as an opinion

kgkg
Please explain. It would seem that you make a lot of statements with nothing to back it up. The Source is The Presence which has created all the universe. Unless you can prove something I don't know then you can't really state that as a fact. Only as an opinion Source is more like PF not the TOAA What the f**k?

most Source feats are mimicked by multi-eternity on marvel side.

If someone does have a scan saying otherwise I would love to see it.

The source created the DC universe/and was created by it and that's the same thing as Reed + alien entity for marvel.

kgkg
Pretty much everything. Who is your daddy?

Enyalus
Meh. Galactus might be able to feed off of The Source. His capacity to absorb energy is infinite. And Yuga Khan has ****ed with the Source before. Not to mention Darkseid being able to siphon off it's power through the Soulfire formula - which is essentially tech.

Mindset
Please explain. It would seem that you make a lot of statements with nothing to back it up. The Source is The Presence which has created all the universe. Unless you can prove something I don't know then you can't really state that as a fact. Only as an opinion The Source may be one aspect of the Presence but they are not the same thing, the Source is not the true omnipotent of the DC Universe.

You realize you haven't backed up your statements with any proof as well, right?

Mindset
Originally posted by kgkg
Who is your daddy? Jehovah

kgkg
They have to keep changing the Anti-life Equation it's annoying

Mr Master

The source is pretty much the same as the "one above all" in Marvel.
laughing

Mindset
Mr Master, where have you been? smile

kgkg
we have a TOAA fanboi

Mr Master

Source is more like PF not the TOAA

most Source feats are mimicked by multi-eternity on marvel side.
Imo, from what I've seen about the Source,
it's like the "spark" that ignites creation, while simultaneously igniting it's own existence.

The Alien Entity created that "spark" with a thought. (a question)

The source created the DC universe/and was created by it

and that's the same thing as Reed + alien entity for marvel.
thumb up

Although Reed + the Alien Entity were not created at that moment,
they already were existing.

So, who created the Alien Entity & Reed in Marvel's last Big Bang is a mystery.

I'd say the original creator of the Marvel Universe must've, which is the Infinity Being.

The Infinity Being is the tool TOAA used to create the Marvel Universe originally.

Mr Master

Mr Master, where have you been? smile
I'm in grave-shift at work. sad

vlaaad12345
Don't see galactus absorbing the entirety of the source and sure as hell don't see him fighting the source,there is also the question of if galactus could even resist the anti-life power of the source...it has after all controlled even promethean giants without much effort.

Lord Feron
I think the Source and Biog G would make like the fearsome team. Source be unlimited power supply and Big G never having to eel hunger again and probable absorbing the highest grade of energy compared to a planet.

But i'm sure Big G can't consume all of the Source. Isnt like the source the god or the Presence of DC or something? So I kinda doubt even big G can devour a god of that level.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mr Master
I'm in grave-shift at work. sad Same, I've worked 3rd shift for years now. sad

fangirl101
I'm in grave-shift at work. sad

smile

comicfan11

joesdabest1
How is the source all powerful?

Doesn't Yugah Kahn manipulate/defy/break the source at will?

What the hell?

That isn't invincible, thats pathetic.

G 1 shots.

Bentley
Originally posted by joesdabest1
How is the source all powerful?

Doesn't Yugah Kahn manipulate/defy/break the source at will?

What the hell?

That isn't invincible, thats pathetic.

G 1 shots.

Not being invincible doesn't mean Galactus gets an auto win.

iceman24567
The source stomps.

joesdabest1
Originally posted by Bentley
Not being invincible doesn't mean Galactus gets an auto win.

Yea, I know. Thats why I said it.

Classic NES
They have to keep changing the Anti-life Equation it's annoying

I hate that as well.

The source is pretty much the same as the "one above all" in Marvel.

The source is an avatar of Marvel employee's?

Juntai
All characters are avatars of their writer.

Marvelknight
The source.

Classic NES
Originally posted by Juntai
All characters are avatars of their writer.

Not in the context I was reffering too. TOAA is the marvel staff and since they cannot skidoo into the actual comic. . .they draw themselves in.

Juntai
Originally posted by Classic NES
Not in the context I was reffering too. TOAA is the marvel staff and since they cannot skidoo into the actual comic. . .they draw themselves in. Actually, he's a character, and has been depicted on panel. The Kirby character even suggested that it was 'how they percieved him', and it wasn't an insult that he was percieved as a short human, because he wanted his creations to see the 'humanity in god'.

He's no more or less an avatar of a writer, than say Galactus, or Batman, just on a different scale.

occultdestroyer
When Galactus is able to absorb the Marvel Omniverse or THOTI, let me know

Juntai
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
When Galactus is able to absorb the Marvel Omniverse or THOTI, let me know I never said he wasn't more powerful. But he's still a character. And all characters are avatars of their writers.

Classic NES
Actually, he's a character, and has been depicted on panel. The Kirby character even suggested that it was 'how they percieved him', and it wasn't an insult that he was percieved as a short human, because he wanted his creations to see the 'humanity in god'

He's no more or less an avatar of a writer, than say Galactus, or Batman, just on a different scale.

That isn't my point, I'm not just talking about the kirby character avatar. I'm talking about what TOAA is in actuality. It is represented by the avatar, but it's position is Marvel staff. Of course characters represent marvel, but I'm talking about a representation from the perspective of a writer/artist. Something a character like Batman, Superman or Spider man cannot give unless they have them cross the fourth wall. Representing the writer and actually being a writer in comic form is two different things.

Juntai
That isn't my point, I'm not just talking about the kirby character avatar. I'm talking about what TOAA is in actuality. It is represented by the avatar, but it's position is Marvel staff. Of course characters represent marvel, but I'm talking about a representation from the perspective of a writer/artist. Something a character like Batman, Superman or Spider man cannot give unless they have them cross the fourth wall. Representing the writer and actually being a writer in comic form is two different things. And I'm talking about- it's a character, and all characters on a page are avatars of their writers.

Classic NES
And I'm talking about- it's a character, and all characters on a page are avatars of their writers.

It's represented by a character, but the difference is that it doesn't have the perspective of a character. It knows that all the events in the Marvel U are just stories while the average character like Spidey, Thor or Hulk does not. TOAA is not at the mercy of plot, because it creates plot. . .the characters do not. Big difference mane.

Juntai
It's represented by a character, but the difference is that it doesn't have the perspective of a character. It knows that all the events in the Marvel U are just stories while the average character like Spidey, Thor or Hulk does not. TOAA is not at the mercy of plot, because it creates plot. . .the characters do not. Big difference mane. So Mxy is like TOAA to you? He knows the plots, and creates plots all the time.

Classic NES
So Mxy is like TOAA to you? He knows the plots, and creates plots all the time.

If you read what I said, you notice I mention that characters can become aware of the plot and sometimes shape it. That's called crossing the fourth wall, but TOAA is already from past the fourth wall. Does Mxy come from their was well?

Juntai
I don't buy the whole it's a writer thing, it's a character, just like all the rest of them.
No different than the Presence or The Source, or Man of Miracles.

Juntai
If you read what I said, you notice I mention that characters can become aware of the plot and sometimes shape it. That's called crossing the fourth wall, but TOAA is already from past the fourth wall. Does Mxy come from their was well? Mxy comes from imagination. The Fourth Wall doesn't exist to him, he knows the comic characters are comic characters.

Classic NES
Mxy comes from imagination. The Fourth Wall doesn't exist to him, he knows the comic characters are comic characters.

I don't buy the whole it's a writer thing, it's a character, just like all the rest of them.

Then TOAA isn't like MXY since it is an actual entity. He's just what the marvel staff names it's self in relation to the stories. Mxy is still victim of the plot that TOAA creates. Even if he effects it or is aware of this, it's because the TOAA of DC wants it to happen.

Juntai
He's just what the marvel staff names it's self in relation to the stories. no

Classic NES
no

yes

Juntai
yes I don't follow your same beleifs, he's a comic character, just like any other, just on a different scale. Sure he's Marvel's most powerful, but he's not a staff member.

Juntai

Classic NES
Let's just agree to disagree.

kevdude
The Source takes it ez, this should be closed....

Mindset
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
When Galactus is able to absorb the Marvel Omniverse or THOTI, let me know Actually Galactus was absorbing the omniverse in the Black Celestial Arc.

iceman24567
Is that arch canon to 616?

Mindset
616 a decade in the future.

iceman24567
I never knew that but I need to go play Gears of whores so later haters.

Mindset
I don't know if I made that up for not.

iceman24567
Oh you ass sad

Mr Master

Not in the context I was reffering too.
TOAA is the marvel staff
and since they cannot skidoo into the actual comic. . .
they draw themselves in.

That isn't my point,
I'm not just talking about the kirby character avatar.
I'm talking about what TOAA is in actuality.
It is represented by the avatar, but it's position is Marvel staff.
Of course characters represent marvel,
but I'm talking about a representation from the perspective of a writer/artist.
Something a character like Batman,
Superman or Spider man cannot give unless they have them cross the fourth wall.
Representing the writer and actually being a writer in comic form is two different things.

It's represented by a character,
but the difference is that it doesn't have the perspective of a character.
It knows that all the events in the Marvel U are just stories
while the average character like Spidey, Thor or Hulk does not.
TOAA is not at the mercy of plot, because it creates plot. . .
the characters do not. Big difference mane.

Then TOAA isn't like MXY since it is an actual entity.
He's just what the marvel staff names it's self in relation to the stories. Mxy is still victim of the plot that TOAA creates.
Even if he effects it or is aware of this,
it's because the TOAA of DC wants it to happen.
thumb up

Everything you said concering Marvel's TOAA,
is 100% accurate and true.

When the Fantastic Four found the "humanity" in God,
they weren't kidding,
after all,
that's exactly what TOAA is based on,
human beings (artists/writers) represented on panel by avatars,
which are fictional illustrated representations of themselves.

Same story when Peter Parker met TOAA,
same story when Supreme met TOAA,
same story She Hulk met TOAA.

Galan007
Same story when Peter Parker met TOAA,
same story when Supreme met TOAA,
same story She Hulk met TOAA. And when Impossible Man met TOAA. wink

The Great Galen
Just like the presence whom is the writers avatar, anyhoe source takes it...damn I wish Galen he could win this.

fangirl101
This is a comics forum. We discuss comics here.All this crap about TOAA being the marvel writers is CRAP. TOAA is a character created by marvel and owned by Marvel. it's copy righted and is just another character to be used to make money. any crap about it being the writers and etc is just that.

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101
This is a comics forum. We discuss comics here.All this crap about TOAA being the marvel writers is CRAP. TOAA is a character created by marvel and owned by Marvel. it's copy righted and is just another character to be used to make money. any crap about it being the writers and etc is just that.

Deadpool has tied up his editor and held her (Nicole Something) hostage until he got a particular script...

Bentley
This is a comics forum. We discuss comics here.

zomfg

Mindset
This is a comics forum. We discuss comics here. Do we, I never knew that.

Red Hulk
This is a comics forum. We discuss comics here.All this crap about TOAA being the marvel writers is CRAP. TOAA is a character created by marvel and owned by Marvel. it's copy righted and is just another character to be used to make money. any crap about it being the writers and etc is just that. I agree actually.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Red Hulk
I agree actually. Originally posted by Bentley
zomfg

Red Hulk
Originally posted by psycho gundam
OK.

Mr Master

This is a comics forum. We discuss comics here.
I never knew I was discussing anything else. dur

All this crap about TOAA being the marvel writers is CRAP.
Oh, you mean like all this crap thats pumped under your screen name you call debating?

Well, not exactly.

TOAA is a character created by marvel and owned by Marvel.
it's copy righted and is just another character to be used to make money.
Again, I still want to know who ever said TOAA is not a Marvel character,
that just happens to represent the Marvel writers/artists.

Pay attention or close your trap.

any crap about it being the writers and etc is just that.
So you should just never post again cause everything you display is crap etc, just that.

Anyhow, anytime you wanna challenge me on this discussion,
simply bring it, so I can do what I always do to you,
and what you Nvr do.

Starscream M
lol at Mr. Master trashtalking n..fangirl

fangirl101
Originally posted by Starscream M
lol at Mr. Master trashtalking n..fangirl
LOL indeed.

Enyalus
Oh snap, cuz. Somebody got served! It's on!

vlaaad12345
How about we stay on topic,galactus gets a giant ass beating.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
How about we stay on topic,galactus gets a giant ass beating.

At least he has clothes.

You know though, Galactus is a pervert. Most of his heralds don't wear anything. Surfer, Firelord, Nova, Stardust, Fallen One, etc....he might like The Source.

Mindset
Galactus wins

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Enyalus
At least he has clothes.

You know though, Galactus is a pervert. Most of his heralds don't wear anything. Surfer, Firelord, Nova, Stardust, Fallen One, etc....he might like The Source. Surfer and Firelord used to have clothes on when they were heralds.

vlaaad12345
He does have a thing for free balling lol.

Enyalus
Surfer and Firelord used to have clothes on when they were heralds.

Exactly. What do you think they had to do in order to get a power boost from Galan?

(Surfer is his herald again.)

Red Hulk
Exactly. What do you think they had to do in order to get a power boost from Galan?

(Surfer is his herald again.) Firelord isn't a herald, and is now naked, and Surfer took his silver thong off after he was de-herald... ed.

Enyalus
Firelord isn't a herald, and is now naked, and Surfer took his silver thong off after he was de-herald... ed.

Clearly, they are flaunting their bodies to show Galactus what he's missing out on, now that he can't get their lovin' anymore.

It's obviously the only logical explanation.

Red Hulk
Clearly, they are flaunting their bodies to show Galactus what he's missing out on, now that he can't get their lovin' anymore.

It's obviously the only logical explanation. They avoided him after.

Enyalus
They avoided him after.

Playing hard to get. Flirtation 101. Clearly, every herald and former herald is obsessed with Big G. Fallen One, Silver Surfer, Stardust...they always come back for more.

Red Hulk
Playing hard to get. Flirtation 101. Clearly, every herald and former herald is obsessed with Big G. Fallen One, Silver Surfer, Stardust...they always come back for more. You can't flirt with something you never see.

Enyalus
You can't flirt with something you never see.

They have the Power Cosmic, Galactus has the Power Cosmic...maybe they had somekind of freaky telepathic phone-sex via astral plane radio waves or something.

Plenty of possibilities. sad

Red Hulk
They have the Power Cosmic, Galactus has the Power Cosmic...maybe they had somekind of freaky telepathic phone-sex via astral plane radio waves or something.

Plenty of possibilities. sad No.

That's stupid.

Enyalus
No.

That's stupid.

Meanie.

Endless Mike
The Source

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.