New MK already in the works

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/18/boon-talks-midway-layoffs-next-mortal-kombat/

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe just gets out and Ed Boon already talks of a new MK game. He says that the team is still together and are already working on a new one. Maybe this time, we'll be seeing some spinal cords and heads ripped off in next gen graphics. Can't wait. smile

SaTsuJiN
I hope they add more stuff to the MKvDC engine and try to polish it as much as possible

Kero_Co
Good. No Noob, no Reptile, no Sektor, no Havik, no happy....

I mean, not one of my favorite characters was playable, and they haven't even been killed off yet(since the game takes place before armageddon)

Yoshi Paradise
Well, Johnny Cage needs to be in this one.

Playing with Jax and Catwoman in "MK vs DC" was cool, but Cage should've been in it.

FistOfThe North
Hopefully it'll be "MK vS DCu: II" with double the amount of total characters and stages there are in the game and with it performing even better than the first regardless of the large amout of characters.

k1Lla441
You say there is going to be a new mk game coming out, but is it going to be another mk game or is it going to be a sequel to mk vs dcu? because if its with dc comics again i dont think its going to be that good. IMO they should make a sequel for shaolin monks on the ps3 because that was hella fun.

Ridley_Prime
Or better yet, a sequel to Armageddon with better gameplay and a much bigger Krypt to unlock stuff from.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Or better yet, a sequel to Armageddon with better gameplay and a much bigger Krypt to unlock stuff from.

And also better stuff in the krypt thats worth unlocking, Also more work on konquest mode the one in Armageddon was good but it still needs a bit more work on it.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Kazenji
And also better stuff in the krypt thats worth unlocking, Also more work on konquest mode the one in Armageddon was good but it still needs a bit more work on it.

Exactly. like 99 percent of the stuff in the krypt was crap, from either random pointless videos to pictures. And the konquest mode wasnt that good, it needs a lot more work. firstly, the konquest mode should be just like shaolin monks(allowing you to upgrade you moves); but they should also have a different single player mode(like a different story) for side scrolling combat. and they shouldnt give you all the players to start out with. They should make us work for like half of them to give us something to do. and the fighting mechanics ( like chain link combos and 3 fighting styles) should come back from deception.

Raoul
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Hopefully it'll be "MK vS DCu: II" with double the amount of total characters and stages there are in the game and with it performing even better than the first regardless of the large amout of characters.

i want an mk vs dc with twice the number of characters, and a big krypt... i used to love that feature...

Kazenji
Some of the video's in Deadly Alliance was good alot better then what we saw in Armageddon.

Ridley_Prime
Indeed. smile

And now that ya bring up the in-game vids, it would be nice if the next MK game had an exclusive music video like Deadly Alliance did (Immortal: Adema).

Raoul
one thing i want, that they don't do enough anymore, are cg sequences as an intro, and at the end of each persons arcade mode... and if the boss is always the same, why not have the person's character fighting him briefly, finishing him off in their own way? then lead into their ending...

for dc vs mk that would be awesome... imagine watching superman or gl or liu kang or raiden fighting dark khan in some gorgeous cg sequence...

JacopeX
*Crosses fingers for Liu Kang*

Kazenji
Originally posted by Raoul
one thing i want, that they don't do enough anymore, are cg sequences as an intro,...

Yea that would be good something along the lines of what we see in the Tekken games.

Raoul
Yea that would be good something along the lines of what we see in the Tekken games.

my thoughts exactly... tekken has always had beautiful cg sequences...

SmashBro
Originally posted by JacopeX
*Crosses fingers for Liu Kang*

Same here.

Yoshi Paradise
Wasn't Liu Kang in every single Mortal Kombat game?

Raoul
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Wasn't Liu Kang in every single Mortal Kombat game?

he missed one, i think... he died at the start, and wasnt in the game...

Bardock42
He was not in Deadly Alliance. Being killed by Shang Tsung and Quan Chi in the beginning.

Raoul
Originally posted by Bardock42
He was not in Deadly Alliance. Being killed by Shang Tsung and Quan Chi in the beginning.

yeah, that's the one i was thinking of...

Ridley_Prime
Which was one of the best parts of the game (if not the best), I might add. smile

Bardock42
Which was one of the best parts of the game (if not the best), I might add. smile Well, yeah, but it wasn't really hard to be the "best" part of that game.

Ridley_Prime
Well, yeah, but it wasn't really hard to be the "best" part of that game.
Heh. Maybe, but even so.. It's been made a much bigger deal out of than it should've been for Liu to not be in one game. Just one game. no expression His fans have just been spoiled rotten I guess.
I actually found his death to be a rather nice change (or turning point) for the series, even though him coming back as a zombie kinda ruined it.

JacopeX
One of the worst moments for me. I mean, sure he was the reason that MK was being repeatative with it's plot of roles but they could have had Liu Kang go another direction in his role instead of just killing him and turning him into a ****ing zombie. facepalm

NonSensi-Klown
Yeah.

They should have just let him stay dead, imo.

jalek moye
well even though he's back the games arnt about him anymore.

NonSensi-Klown
Thank god.

The next twenty games should just focus on Sub-Zero and Scorpion...

Bardock42
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Thank god.

The next twenty games should just focus on Sub-Zero and Scorpion... Wait...are you saying Mortal Kombat Games so far have not been about Sub Zero and Scorpion only?

JacopeX
Actually, Liu Kang was seen as the main character but trust me, the series hardly revolves around him but more around those new characters like Shujinko, Taven, and Daegon. As for the more earlier games, no one is sure who was the main character.

Which is why I like the series. It focuses more on the story and plot rather than a couple characters only. Every character in MK had to have made an impact to the story somehow. Mostly the sub plots, but the Sub plot makes an affect to the main plot.

NonSensi-Klown
... like Sonya and Meat?

Ridley_Prime
Yeah.

They should have just let him stay dead, imo.
Yes, and then let Shujinko, Taven, or someone become his successor big grin (and I mean like for good, not just temporarily).

I mean, come on. The dude needed to somehow die eventually. I kinda got tired of him being the ultimate good guy and what not after MK4 (or was it after MK3? I forget stick out tongue). At least Liu died a true hero in Deadly Alliance.. but then they had to dishonor him by bringing him back as some undead guy, milking him of all his worth.

'tis part of why Liu has pretty much lost his appeal to me erm, and Raiden too kinda, with the way he was brought back after MK: DA.. though at least he wasn't a dark/corrupted thunder god in MK vs DC, but I digress.

Point is, no single MK character should be a main focus/one of the main focuses in every single game. It was probably only a matter of time until Midway would run out of ideas and decide to kill off Liu somehow (even though it was only temporarily in this case, but if they do that to him again by some chance, he should just stay dead).

Ridley_Prime
Thank god.

The next twenty games should just focus on Sub-Zero and Scorpion...
There was one like that for Sub-zero (on the N64/PSX), but we all know how good that turned out to be.

JacopeX
Yes, and then let Shujinko, Taven, or someone become his successor big grin (and I mean like for good, not just temporarily).

I mean, come on. The dude needed to somehow die eventually. I kinda got tired of him being the ultimate good guy and what not after MK4 (or was it after MK3? I forget stick out tongue). At least Liu died a true hero in Deadly Alliance.. but then they had to dishonor him by bringing him back as some undead guy, milking him of all his worth.

'tis part of why Liu has pretty much lost his appeal to me erm, and Raiden too kinda, with the way he was brought back after MK: DA.. though at least he wasn't a dark/corrupted thunder god in MK vs DC, but I digress.

Point is, no single MK character should be a main focus/one of the main focuses in every single game. It was probably only a matter of time until Midway would run out of ideas and decide to kill off Liu somehow (even though it was only temporarily in this case, but if they do that to him again by some chance, he should just stay dead). Read my last post.

Dark-Jaxx
He was not in Deadly Alliance. Being killed by Shang Tsung and Quan Chi in the beginning. The greatest moment in MK history.

dvampire
Kung Lao should be the new hero and should have took Kangs place when he died.

Dark-Jaxx
Thank god.

The next twenty games should just focus on Sub-Zero and Scorpion... I agree whole-heartedly with this post.

Ridley_Prime
Read my last post.
Ah. Guess I overlooked it somehow..

As for the more earlier games, no one is sure who was the main character.
It was kinda obvious that Liu was the main character in the earlier games, given that he was in all of them, and given that it was he who canonically beat Goro, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, and even Shinnok.
Then there's all that screen-time he was given in both the MK movies and what not..

But as for the rest of what you said, I guess I agree to an extent.

Originally posted by dvampire
Kung Lao should be the new hero and should have took Kangs place when he died.
Preferably the original Kung Lao (whom Liu was a descendant of), not the current one. He never did anything really.
Yeah. I know the original died, but they could just bring him back somehow, seeing as how bringing back characters from the dead is what MK does best no expression, whether it makes sense or not.

On a side note, whatever happened to Fujin taking Raiden's place?

S9IPdpY3rn4

jaja

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.