Spidey vs Karate Kid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Avlon
The web slinger goes up the Post crisis Karate kid.

Who comes out the winner?

Starscream M
Spiderman

Dr Will Hatch
Spidy 6/10

complexbrother
I don't think KK could hit Spidey and if Spidey hits him it's over.

DigiMark007
Post crisis KK still had some insane feats. He stomps. I'm not even sure why people think this would be a fight. Hell, he was even topping Spidey feats when he was sick as hell from the Morticoccus virus during Countdown and whatnot.

batdude123
The same Karate Kid that was giving Ultra Boy fits? Yeah, he wins this.

Premutos
Isn't Karate Kid like...y'know, a kid who knows Karate? What puts him on a level with Spiderman, let alone Ultra Boy?

Is Karnak of the Inhumans on Spider-man's or Ultra Boy's level, for that matter?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Premutos
Isn't Karate Kid like...y'know, a kid who knows Karate? What puts him on a level with Spiderman, let alone Ultra Boy?

Dunno. Maybe because Spiderman is a spider with the proportional intelligence of a human and he can step on it.

Endrict Nuul
Cap can give Spidey a run for his money, KK stomps.

Premutos
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Dunno. Maybe because Spiderman is a spider with the proportional intelligence of a human and he can step on it.

The "proportional intelligence of a human"? Uh oh, somebody has not read BND. laughing

A human with the proportional intelligence of a spider is more like it.

Symmetric Chaos
The "proportional intelligence of a human"? Uh oh, somebody has not read BND. laughing

A human with the proportional intelligence of a spider is more like it.

My point was that we judge by feats not by what the names sounds like.

Premutos
No feats, powers. I's asking what superpowers is KK supposed to have?

Cause AFAIK you can't gain superpowers just by learning martial arts, or at least in comic books you can't. They normally leave that for Street Fighter and KOF.

iceman24567
Val wins

DigiMark007
No feats, powers. I's asking what superpowers is KK supposed to have?

Cause AFAIK you can't gain superpowers just by learning martial arts, or at least in comic books you can't. They normally leave that for Street Fighter and KOF.

He has no superpowers. But his skills, which are FAR beyond even the best martial artists in comics, allow him to perform feats that are in excess of 100 tons, and to react faster than anyone outside of speedsters. It sounds absurd, but it's comics. And his feats speak for themselves.

I've been called a Spidey fanboy in past KMC lives. I'm not short-changing him here. But he legitimately loses every time without some sort of plot device.

Starscream M
Originally posted by DigiMark007
He has no superpowers. But his skills, which are FAR beyond even the best martial artists in comics, allow him to perform feats that are in excess of 100 tons, and to react faster than anyone outside of speedsters. It sounds absurd, but it's comics. And his feats speak for themselves.

I've been called a Spidey fanboy in past KMC lives. I'm not short-changing him here. But he legitimately loses every time without some sort of plot device. didn't batman stalemate postcrisis KK?

Premutos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
He has no superpowers. But his skills, which are FAR beyond even the best martial artists in comics, allow him to perform feats that are in excess of 100 tons, and to react faster than anyone outside of speedsters. It sounds absurd, but it's comics.

It sounds absurd EVEN FOR COMICS. wink

But it's ok, I just wonder who would win in a fight between DC's Karate Kid and SNK's Shin Mr. Karate...

The Great Galen
Man I would like Peter to win but even post KK seemd fairly high on the meta chain. Spidey loses pretty badly unfortunatly.....

Premutos
Wait, what about the Spider Sense? He can dodge Electro's lightning bolts (which travel at near lightspeed) but wouldn't be able to dodge KK's kicks and punches?

Does KK's martial arts mojo give him superhuman durability as well or one single punch from Spidey would KO him?

The Great Galen
Wait, what about the Spider Sense? He can dodge Electro's lightning bolts (which travel at near lightspeed) but wouldn't be able to dodge KK's kicks and punches?

Does KK's martial arts mojo give him superhuman durability as well or one single punch from Spidey would KO him?

I wish spidey could take this, but KK is some other kind of beast http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Untitled-Scanned-11.jpg and http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Untitled-Scanned-25.jpg and http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Karate%20Kid/valequus4.jpg and yet again http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Karate%20Kid/valvskara.jpg

Kind of hard to believe KK is only considered meta lol. The guy in the second scan was 100 tons or close to it and about 70 feet tall if im not mistaken.

Premutos
The last one doesn't seem to me like a good showing.

The Great Galen
Dodging her attacks(HV,punch) just basically showcases how he handles agaisnt ubber beings. Considering the level of power she is sitting at, the mere fact that he could mount some offensive is impressive. Keep in mind she snapped John stewarts GL ring off his finger before he could even react.

Premutos
But she wasn't trying very hard, was she?

How a normal human with no FTL speed can dodge the heat vision anyway? Every time I see anyone doing that in comics (read: Batman) I call it BS and blatant jobbing.

The Great Galen
But she wasn't trying very hard, was she?

How a normal human with no FTL speed can dodge the heat vision anyway? Every time I see anyone doing that in comics (read: Batman) I call it BS and blatant jobbing.

Well even if she wasn't"bloodlusted"he still has a wealth of other feats agaisnt ubber beings where he does fairly and that's with the opponents trying. She wasn really trying all that much when shed own John either, on that note KK has "super karate"so I guess that explains his insane attributes. Agaisnt Spidey, I dont really think there's a single thing peter can do offensivly or defensivly to hinder Val whatsover...its a complete stomp.

Symmetric Chaos
The last one doesn't seem to me like a good showing.

Effortlessly dodging a punch from Supergirl?

Premutos
Methinks Supergirl in those scans was 1st and foremost trying not to hurt him for good. Maybe cause she knew that ONE single punch from her would have messed KK pretty badly. Probably even killed him.

Symmetric Chaos
Methinks Supergirl in those scans was 1st and foremost trying not to hurt him for good. Maybe cause she knew that ONE single punch from her would have messed KK pretty badly. Probably even killed him.

Nonetheless, KK would destroy Spidey in a fight. He has plenty of feats besides the fight with Supergirl (which I doubt would end well for Spiderman either) to back up those claims. Besides, CaptainAmerica can give Pete a run for his money and KK is consistently above Cap.

Premutos
Ok, at this point I think we should just agree to disagree, I'm the type of guy who never puts feats above common sense. Now I come to think of it maybe this is the reason why I got banned from CBR. big grin

Charlotte DeBel
It sounds absurd EVEN FOR COMICS. wink

But it's ok, I just wonder who would win in a fight between DC's Karate Kid and SNK's Shin Mr. Karate...

Ryo Suckazaki sucks ass in any incarnation, my money is on Val all the time (though it's clear that from entire KOF franchise I prefer certain lovely whitehaired mug- who'll get pwned by Karate Kid into the next Monday as well, BTW).

The thing is, Val wasn't limiting himself to Earth-based MAs, he knew a ton of alien ones, some of which were accomodated to the particular enviromnents of pretty weird planets.

DigiMark007
The Supergirl fight is only 1 of 4 scans he posted. KK has MANY other showings that justify a similar level, and all the scans except maybe the Supergirl one (which isn't a bad showing either) reinforce the idea that he's well above low meta.

Originally posted by Starscream M
didn't batman stalemate postcrisis KK?

KK's memory was completely gone, so he only had a tiny fraction of his skills available to him at the time.

cloud102
1st, Karate Kid had the virus in him, so that's why he performed so poorly against Supergirl.

Any Val would dominate against Spidey. And Spidey is one of my fav characters.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Starscream M
didn't batman stalemate postcrisis KK?

he gave him a good fight, but was on the losing end of that skirmish, as well as Val not being in his right mind then too.

if this is post-IC Val, Spidey *might* have a good chance to win this however its still a fight.

Tazer

Premutos
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Ryo Suckazaki sucks ass in any incarnation, my money is on Val all the time

But maybe it'd be different with the true Mr. Karate, Takuma Sakazaki. After all he suffers from SNK Boss Syndrome in some of his incarnations and would predict Val's movements ahead of time.

(though it's clear that from entire KOF franchise I prefer certain lovely whitehaired mug- who'll get pwned by Karate Kid into the next Monday as well, BTW).

Who, Chin Gentsai?

Charlotte DeBel
But maybe it'd be different with the true Mr. Karate, Takuma Sakazaki. After all he suffers from SNK Boss Syndrome in some of his incarnations and would predict Val's movements ahead of time.

Who, Chin Gentsai?

Go to hell, darling.
Reported.

The one and only true whitehaired beauty of KOF.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t450783.html

Premutos
Reported...for a joke?

Tell me it ain't so.

Charlotte DeBel
Reported...for a joke?

Tell me it ain't so.

Bad joke. Tasteless. Spoiled my mmod and have me split my cup of tea on my keyboard.

Sometimes I'm a b*tch without a sence of humour when it comes to jokes about my favourite characters (K', Emma etc).

Raoul
Ok, at this point I think we should just agree to disagree, I'm the type of guy who never puts feats above common sense. Now I come to think of it maybe this is the reason why I got banned from CBR. big grin

you got banned from CBR? how'd you manage that?

and anyways, if you don't have anything to back up your argument, i really don't see the point in continuing to argue for spidey...

KK is a beast, even post crisis, and should more often than not tear parker to shreds...

i was actually going to close this as spite, unless anyone has anything else to add?

Premutos
Bad joke. Tasteless. Spoiled my mmod and have me split my cup of tea on my keyboard.

Sometimes I'm a b*tch without a sence of humour when it comes to jokes about my favourite characters (K', Emma etc).

Ok, sorry then. But I personally have some fondness for those type of characters (Chin, Chang, Choi, etc) cause gameplay-wise weren't that bad at all. Back in '97 and '98 I loved to pwn people using them, all those Iori/Ralf/Goro players almost never could see it coming.

Premutos
Originally posted by Raoul
you got banned from CBR? how'd you manage that?

Got in a never-ending argument with one of the mods' bettest buddies and refused to stop when I was ordered to. Not that being banned from CBR is any difficult, though. I received a warning just for pointing out that CBR's Feat System >>>> Common Sense 10/10.

Originally posted by Raoul

and anyways, if you don't have anything to back up your argument, i really don't see the point in continuing to argue for spidey...

Ok.

Raoul
Got in a never-ending argument with one of the mods' bettest buddies and refused to stop when I was ordered to. Not that being banned from CBR is any difficult, though. I received a warning just for pointing out that CBR's Feat System >>>> Common Sense 10/10.

Ok.

we have a balance between both, imo...

Charlotte DeBel
Ok, sorry then. But I personally have some fondness for those type of characters (Chin, Chang, Choi, etc) cause gameplay-wise weren't that bad at all. Back in '97 and '98 I loved to pwn people using them, all those Iori/Ralf/Goro players almost never could see it coming.

Choi is cheap gameplaywise, storylinewise Team Korea is a big fat (pun intended) joke.

The Great Galen
Hey dude, everyone knows the best KOF characters are Ryo,Benimaru and Kyo...which just happen to be my mains heh.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Hey dude, everyone knows the best KOF characters are Ryo,Benimaru and Kyo...which just happen to be my mains heh.

How do you treat gay jokes about Benimaru? Your squad tends to be on 2\3 formed of characters I hate\like jokes about (Ryo and Benimaru).

Premutos
Why is that that almost anyone in fiction who has electrical powers tends to be AC/DC? Electro, Colonel Volgin, Benimaru, etc...

Charlotte DeBel
Why is that that almost anyone in fiction who has electrical powers tends to be AC/DC? Electro, Colonel Volgin, Benimaru, etc...

Benimaru on top of that seems to be straight posing as gay for whatever reason...or vise versa.

Now, Ash "Ass" Crimson, that's where you can see the real f@g.

The Great Galen
How do you treat gay jokes about Benimaru? Your squad tends to be on 2\3 formed of characters I hate\like jokes about (Ryo and Benimaru).

Ben is hardly the case of being gay IMO, the dude is a huge player...he just sinks to the "metrosexual look"because thats the biggest craze amongst asian chicks. I wouldnt hold it agaisnt him, at the end of the day hes probably scored more then any other character in the franchise. Someone like Ash is just plain gay though heh, but hey my mains are the shits quit hatting Happy Dance

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Ben is hardly the case of being gay IMO, the dude is a huge player...he just sinks to the "metrosexual look"because thats the biggest craze amongst asian chicks. I wouldnt hold it agaisnt him, at the end of the day hes probably scored more then any other character in the franchise. Someone like Ash is just plain gay though heh, but hey my mains are the shits quit hatting Happy Dance

I don't hate Beni that much, it's just a couple of retarded fanboys who spoiled the character for me. "Benimaru is gay" is the same forum myth as "Dante di Sparda is gay"- metrosexual=\=homosexual.

Ash (Ass) however, is gay incarnate. Thugh I hope he'll get his ass rape in the end. The only other KOF character I hate with such passion is Ryo (Ryu ripoff, silly and stinky, it's wonder how he even got gorgeous incarnate which is King to share the bed with him).

But then...my favourite character was accused by fans on weird straight pairings- either incest (with Whip), or jailbait\paedophile (Kula).

Wei Phoenix
Thugh I hope he'll get his ass rape

Mmmmmm.....ass rape....

iceman24567
Yeah he easily is the gayest looking guy from that game.

Premutos
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Mmmmmm.....ass rape....

Yeah, SNK is just askin' for a crossover with DC.

The Great Galen
I don't hate Beni that much, it's just a couple of retarded fanboys who spoiled the character for me. "Benimaru is gay" is the same forum myth as "Dante di Sparda is gay"- metrosexual=\=homosexual.

Ash (Ass) however, is gay incarnate. Thugh I hope he'll get his ass rape in the end.

But then...my favourite character was accused by fans on weird straight pairings- either incest (with Whip), or jailbait\paedophile (Kula).

Hey I think we all would nail Kula if pushed came to shoved...at least she isnt directly related to him like Whip who would also get it pretty harsh lol. As gay as Ash is, the asian girls just adore him...in fact I think Ash is the single most liked fictional characters by girls in japn or something ike that. I was quite surprised to find that out,but then i remember asian women were reported as prefering the"pretty boy"look.

Raoul
This is off topic, and just a little disturbing... sorry. closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.