My Amalgam runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Body- Classic Wonder Man
Mind/Powers- Magneto
Powers- Northstar

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Wonder Woman
3. Sentry
4. Classic Thor
5. Superman
6. Hal Jorden
7. Silver Surfer

The amalgam is fully restored between each round.

No BFR, how far does he get?

Lord Feron
HMmm I wish I knew more about Classic Wonderman... How strong/durable was he? and what other stuff did his body do?

Enyalus
Stops at seven.

Scoobless
Doubt he'd get past Thor.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Lord Feron
HMmm I wish I knew more about Classic Wonderman... How strong/durable was he? and what other stuff did his body do?
He was nearly as strong as classic Thor back in the day and for some reason he hit as hard as Thor's hammer(despite the strength difference). Durability was somewhere on Thor's level too, but the gap seemed to be greater than the gap between their strength levels.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by darthgoober
He was nearly as strong as classic Thor back in the day and for some reason he hit as hard as Thor's hammer(despite the strength difference). Durability was somewhere on Thor's level too, but the gap seemed to be greater than the gap between their strength levels.

Could he blast ionic energy? I think i saw him do that somewhere

MightyEInherjar
If he makes it past Thor, I can't see him beating Superman.

Enyalus
This amalgam would have Magneto's mind. He'd be ruthless. I think he'd take care of Superman often enough.

darthgoober
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Could he blast ionic energy? I think i saw him do that somewhere
Depends on how far back you go. He picked up that ability sometime during the 90's if I'm not mistaken, but he didn't have it back when his strength was considered to be right up there with the big boys.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Enyalus
This amalgam would have Magneto's mind. He'd be ruthless. I think he'd take care of Superman often enough.
I just can't see him having enough damage output to take down Superman.

ultimatethor
The amalgam probably gets to 4 or 5.

Enyalus
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar

I see your point there, considering Superman's high durability. However, with Magneto's shields as well as Simon's insane ionic durability, I don't see Superman doing much to him, either. And he can hit as hard as Simon can - at 99% light speed (Northstar's ability.)

Ouch.

darthgoober
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Maybe not at first glance, but that's without taking into consideration the combination of Classic WM's strength and Magneto's ability to amp. If Mags can amp his "human level" strength to a sufficient enough degree to trade shots with Thor, just imagine what he could do with WM's strength as his "base".

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by ultimatethor
The amalgam probably gets to 4 or 5.

Stoic
Hal Jordan above classic Thor? I never really saw Hal in this light, but if the shoe fits.

Thinking about this amalgam I feel as if he could make it to 7 and stalemate... Magneto's powers are my deciding point, and as such could most likely strengthen his ionic body, and he would have the speed to operate very gracefully.

The Great Galen
Stops at Supes, supes should be switched to 7th but meh.

The Illuminati
Stops at SENTRY

kgkg
I could see "IT" getting stoped at 4-6 but can make it to 7

Bentley
I don't know, how does this guy beats Diana? I mean, Wonderman and Northstar would give him power to hang with her for a while, but they would lose. Only Mags powers can help her, but she has the lasso.

Even if Magneto defeated Diana, Thor should just negate those powers, then probably lose to Wonderman Northstar.

Superman speedblitz for the win.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless

Juntai
Maybe not at first glance, but that's without taking into consideration the combination of Classic WM's strength and Magneto's ability to amp. If Mags can amp his "human level" strength to a sufficient enough degree to trade shots with Thor, just imagine what he could do with WM's strength as his "base". Do you think that's how it would work? I was under the impression that it was power that did that, and putting his powers into a different body, wouldn't make that power any greater. It wouldn't suddenly become vastly multiplied, because it was the extent of what his power allowed him to do it.. Just in this case, he wouldn't need said power, because the body is already that strong.

Stoic
Originally posted by Juntai
Do you think that's how it would work? I was under the impression that it was power that did that, and putting his powers into a different body, wouldn't make that power any greater. It wouldn't suddenly become vastly multiplied, because it was the extent of what his power allowed him to do it.. Just in this case, he wouldn't need said power, because the body is already that strong.

It would be very possible for an amalgamation that had Magneto's vast powers to amplify the strength, and durability of his ionic body. Simon's body is not pure energy, his cells are only saturated with the stuff, he still has salt irons in his body.

This amalgamation would be vastly superior, to any one of the three guys that were used to make him a single being, and should be powerful enough to defeat anyone on this list, barring perhaps the Surfer... but even the Surfer might lose a few.

As far as strength, and durability amping is concerned this guy would be monstrous, and it should be well within his abilities to do these things. I'd imagine that if he had a suit of armor that he'd also be able to polarize the armor.

This guy definitely makes it to the end, with a high possibility of completing the gauntlet.

Bentley
Surfer wouldn't have problems with this guy, this guy is a snail against him.

ultimatethor
I doubt this guy could do to well against surfer. Even with the combination of powers, surfer still is more versatile than the amalgam and operates on a generally higher level than any of the characters forming the amalgam. He could just mess with the ionic energy in wondermans body. Also Any energy manip magnetos powers can pull off surfer can top or nullify fairly easily.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Juntai
Do you think that's how it would work? I was under the impression that it was power that did that, and putting his powers into a different body, wouldn't make that power any greater. It wouldn't suddenly become vastly multiplied, because it was the extent of what his power allowed him to do it.. Just in this case, he wouldn't need said power, because the body is already that strong.
It seems to me that the amping should stack. WM's strength comes from vast amounts of ionic energy being stored in his cells and Magneto's amping comes from the harnessing and manipulation of Electromagnetic energy. Just because his cells have ionic energy stored within them, it doesn't mean that he's unable to amp his power with energy of a different type.

Personally, I think the Amalgam would clear 1 and 2 without too much trouble, clear 3-5 with varying degree's of difficulty(though I'd say that 3-5 all have the potential to stop him), and get stopped for the majority at Hal(but I could see him getting a win or two over Hal also).

complexbrother
Magneto's mind and powers, with Quicksilvers speed, all on Wonder Man's already powerful body ?!?

he make it to Surfer then looses dut to being out powered.

darthgoober
Originally posted by complexbrother
Magneto's mind and powers, with Quicksilvers speed, all on Wonder Man's already powerful body ?!?

he make it to Surfer then looses dut to being out powered.
Northstar's speed, not Quicksilver's.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Scoobless

This. Classic Thor was a LOT stronger than Wonderman, (Stan Lee actually considered him more powerful than the Hulk- it was in an old interview) Can and HAS demonstrated magnetic control superior to Magneto, and with the hammer has reflexes somewhere in the area of 2x lightspeed- again greater than northstar is able to keep up with.

combine all that with his ridiculous damage soak (nukes couldn't scratch him, and he could hang out in the sun if he wanted to) and there's no way this amalgam takes him out.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Space M ummy
This. Classic Thor was a LOT stronger than Wonderman, (Stan Lee actually considered him more powerful than the Hulk- it was in an old interview) Can and HAS demonstrated magnetic control superior to Magneto, and with the hammer has reflexes somewhere in the area of 2x lightspeed- again greater than northstar is able to keep up with.

combine all that with his ridiculous damage soak (nukes couldn't scratch him, and he could hang out in the sun if he wanted to) and there's no way this amalgam takes him out.

You might want to tell that to Hercules...

And Arkon...

And Namor...

And how big of a physical gap does there seem to be in this fight...
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/1553/wcaa0226ky3.th.jpg
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9986/wcaa0227kx8.th.jpg
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3176/wcaa0228ib2.th.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/8407/wcaa0229fy5.th.jpg

Space M ummy
You might want to tell that to Hercules...

And Arkon...

And Namor...

And how big of a physical gap does there seem to be in this fight...
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/1553/wcaa0226ky3.th.jpg
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9986/wcaa0227kx8.th.jpg
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3176/wcaa0228ib2.th.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/8407/wcaa0229fy5.th.jpg

Re: Thor vs. Wonderman, I'm not sure which version of Thor that was (masterson thor was weaker, IIRC) but Thor has the same issue with "holding back" that Superman does- essentially he fights down to the level of his opponent and RARELY uses lethal force.

He's been given good fights by Black Bolt and Namor who are nowhere CLOSE to his max strength level, all the way up to Classic Juggernaut, Savage Hulk, and Silver Surfer whose strength level is in the "incalculable" range. Hell, There are scans in the respect thread of Thor outright ONE SHOTTING Classic Abomination.

At his peak, Classic thor nearly threw the planet of its axis by armwrestling (with immortal herc), threw the midgard serpent that was crushing the earth into Space, Stalemated a skyfather (zeus) for months, and Hit a celestial so hard the shockwaves turned nearby mountains into dust. Wonderman is nowhere NEAR that powerful.

If you're going to go on feats, Thor's top end absolutely obliterates Wonderman's.

Lord Feron
After seeing how Classic Wonderman operates. Kind of hard to decide what he will stop at .... I think he can lose to manhunter, supes, sentry and surfer. I think he can beat the others for a clear majority. Manhunter is fairly versitile, Supes is just good at what he does but as someone said before the iconics powers mixed in with mag's sheild and ampability might make that tough for supes (manhunter and sentry). I just think anything that this amalgamation can do Surfer just does it better in every way. So I say He can make it to surfer but there is also a chance he can fail at the others I mentioned.

Enyalus
Manhunter would be toast. Martians have a higher iron count in their blood than humans do.

Stoic
Re: Thor vs. Wonderman, I'm not sure which version of Thor that was (masterson thor was weaker, IIRC) but Thor has the same issue with "holding back" that Superman does- essentially he fights down to the level of his opponent and RARELY uses lethal force.

He's been given good fights by Black Bolt and Namor who are nowhere CLOSE to his max strength level, all the way up to Classic Juggernaut, Savage Hulk, and Silver Surfer whose strength level is in the "incalculable" range. Hell, There are scans in the respect thread of Thor outright ONE SHOTTING Classic Abomination.

At his peak, Classic thor nearly threw the planet of its axis by armwrestling (with immortal herc), threw the midgard serpent that was crushing the earth into Space, Stalemated a skyfather (zeus) for months, and Hit a celestial so hard the shockwaves turned nearby mountains into dust. Wonderman is nowhere NEAR that powerful.

If you're going to go on feats, Thor's top end absolutely obliterates Wonderman's.

I've always noticed how opinion often supercededs the facts here on KMC, but those scans speak louder than opinion, without his hammer Wonderman was Thor's equal. The amalgamation would be far more than Wonderman alone and with Northstars ability, and Magneto's amping and shields Thor would be stomped.... they all would except for perhaps the Surfer, and even he would lose a few, as Thor was able to beat him.

How people figure that Hal Jordan is Thor's superior is really beyond me, perhaps a vs thread with these two is in order.

darthgoober
MOST heroes rarely use lethal force, that's one of the reason's why they're considered heroes.

And I'm pretty sure it was classic Thor not Masterson but I may be wrong about that.

Yeah everybody has low showings(not that I actually consider Black Bolt a low showing) but we're not talking about an isolated incident, we're talking about something that was consistently portrayed between the two characters. And Wonder Man's given a fight to Hyperion, Gladiator, Ultron, and... well, Thor. Is Thor's record more impressive, sure. But all I'm saying is that Wonder Man was close to Thor in strength, I'm not saying that they were equal.

At his peak, Classic thor nearly threw the planet of its axis by arm wrestling (with immortal herc), threw the midgard serpent that was crushing the earth into Space, Stalemated a skyfather (zeus) for months, and Hit a celestial so hard the shockwaves turned nearby mountains into dust. Wonderman is nowhere NEAR that powerful.
On the first two examples are actually feats of pure strength, and while impressive they're not the best strength feats around. Let's remember that the punches traded between Wonder Man and Hyperion was causing the planet they were fighting on to shake and that's right up there with Thor's arm wrestling feat(Thor's is more impressive, but again I'm not arguing for Wonder Man being equal in strength, just close). Same thing goes for the Midgard Serpent feat, no Wonder Man doesn't have any feats that are just as impressive, but he's definitely got feats that place somewhere on Thor's level(like lifting Thor's training weights and having Thor's foes outright state that Wonder Man's strength rival's Thor's).

As far as general power output sure, but in regards to pure strength no . Thor's feats are more impressive, but Simon's are impressive also and are backed by numerous narrative and character references that outright state that Wonder Man's strength is close to that of Thor's.

And let's not forget that we're not just talking about Wonder Man's strength here, we're talking about Wonder Man's strength amplified by Magneto's powers.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Stoic
I've always noticed how opinion often supercededs the facts here on KMC, but those scans speak louder than opinion, without his hammer Wonderman was Thor's equal. The amalgamation would be far more than Wonderman alone and with Northstars ability, and Magneto's amping and shields Thor would be stomped.... they all would except for perhaps the Surfer, and even he would lose a few, as Thor was able to beat him.

How people figure that Hal Jordan is Thor's superior is really beyond me, perhaps a vs thread with these two is in order.

those scans are one fight in which Thor is NOT trying his hardest to KO wonderman, (i.e. Thor is holding back) and wonderman STILL loses.

and "without his hammer" is a moot point, since thor DOES have his hammer, and there's nothing the amalgam could do to keep it out of play.

did you miss the part where Magneto's powers were irrelevant, since Thor's control of magnetism via mjolnir is superior? Here's Thor, beating down magneto while saying so:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Journey_in_to_mystery109-15.jpg

Thor has demonstrated strength far, FAR in excess of any feats wonderman has accomplished. all this is in the respect thread, but here's Thor fighting Zeus-a skyfather-to a stalemate for Months:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/fa5ccf48jpgorig7io5fn.jpg

Matching strength with classic hulk for an HOUR- they're so evenly matched Hulk isn't even able to move. No hammer involved, this is pure strength.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Defenders10-10.jpg

One shots Namor.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Invaders_33_04.jpg

One shots the Abomination.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4829/thor17820vg4.jpg

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I didn't post the midgard serpent feat (easily millions of tons) or the scan where he and hercules almost throw the planet off its axis. Beta Ray bill has thor's powers via stormbreaker, and has been known to bust planets.

There's no argument you can make that Wonderman, classic, current, or otherwise is anywhere NEAR Thor in strength, and that's not counting thor's matter manipulation or energy blast feats either.

There's no way this amalgam gets past thor.

kgkg
I agree with Space M ummy that it's not likely WM will get past thor.

But there is a possibility he could

Space M ummy
MOST heroes rarely use lethal force, that's one of the reason's why they're considered heroes.

perhaps "lethal force" wasn't the best choice of words. Thor (like superman) routinely holds back his true strength when fighting lesser opponents. The fight with wonderman above was a good showing for wonderman, but you'd be hard pressed to say thor was fighting anywhere near his limits there. We see scans of Thor (when pressed) KOing the abomination and Namor in one hit, yet you assume he struggles with...Wonderman? come on now.

Black Bolt is by no means a weak opponent, but in terms of pure strength he's not in the same class as Hulk or Thor. Yet there are scans of BB and Thor in combat, seemingly matched. Why? Because Thor never goes all out in combat unless he has to.

Thor also has not only fights but Wins against Hyperion, and Gladiator. (ultron I'm not as sure of.) Does wonderman have scans where he stalemates or KO's the hulk? the abomination? The juggernaut? The surfer? Thanos? THOSE are opponents Thor has fought (and won against) that per marvel have truly "undefined" strength levels. They're simply on another Tier and Thor has beaten them all. An opponent that's a high level showing for Wonderman (Hyperion) is merely mid range for Thor.

having foes "state" that X character hits as hard as Y is irrelevant, as it's little more than hyperbole. Spider man SAID Sentry stalemated galactus, but Sentry's true showings are so far below that it's laughable. If you had editoral (via say...a narrator) do the same thing, that's a different story, but that's not the case here.

And the midgard serpent feat is among the best in marvel. the thing was bigger than a continent, for christs sakes.

And as I attempted to state before, it should be obvious that Thor's strength level exceeds wonderman's, and is on the level of the Hulk who is CLEARLY, UNQUESTIONABLY stronger than Wonderman is. (If you want to argue that wonderman is as strong as an angry hulk, I'd suggest you put down the crazy pills.)

The hulk has very rarely if EVER outright KOed Thor, and the same goes for other high tiers...Thor's damage soak is INCREDIBLY high, and it would take someone a LOT stronger than Wonderman to KO him with strength alone. It's simply not happening here. ZEUS couldn't KO Thor and he had a month to do it! Skyfather>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wonderman.

"amping" via magneto's powers is a huge leap in logic, since Magneto's powers have not been shown to extend to ionic energy, and have never amped an ionic being that way. EVEN SO, if we assume that magneto could, it's already been shown via scans that Mjolnir's control over magnetism (and other forms of energy) is SUPERIOR to magnetos- Thor left magneto drained and completely defenseless. Mag's powers are less than useless here.

Space M ummy
I figure the last post put the nail in the coffin of this argument, but I'm posting this scan just because it's cool and I forgot.

Here a WEAKENED Thor lifts the odinsword and throws it straight THROUGH the armor of arishem the celestial.

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/2590/thor300336va.jpg

Note that you can barely even SEE Thor in the last panel due to the disparity in size- Both the Odinsword AND Arishem are thousands of feet tall! eek!

Thor= definitely, indisputably top tier in strength feats.

psycho gundam
^thor holds back all the time, like mentioned before the impact from his blows can kill bystanders for miles and cause serious collateral damage.

Phantom Zone
Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.