Superman vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Could Superman overcome his magic weakness and defeat the trickster?

Hawkeye113
Not unless he had Odin helping him or perhaps Mr.Myzytlplyk

ultimatethor
Loki.

kgkg
Superman wins

Bentley
Originally posted by kgkg
Superman wins

galan_buu

Juntai
This is a double Whammy!
Superman can't defeat people with magic, or characters from Marvel.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Juntai
This is a double Whammy!
Superman can't defeat people with magic, or characters from Marvel. wha...lol

Juntai
Originally posted by Starscream M
wha...lol Don't worry dude, I'm ****in' around.

Harbinger
Doesn't current Supes have a resistance to magic? He should win 8/10 at least, IMO.

kgkg
Originally posted by Harbinger
Doesn't current Supes have a resistance to magic? No.

Kryptonite and Magic will always be his weakness, but magic weakness has been ignored by writers for many years now but even post 2000 there have numerous reference to this weakness but Superman has overcome to many time to suggest someone will defeat him there power are magic base.

Harbinger
^Thanks for the clarification.

Surtur
Originally posted by Harbinger
^Thanks for the clarification.

Sorry, but that "clarification" was not correct. Superman simply isn't as strong against magic as he is against non-magical attacks. Big difference.

Thing is, Superman often survives magical attacks no normal person could, so he isn't as susceptible to it as people think. For example, he has:

Survived magical lightning bolts various times, survived magical fire, inhaled magical poison with no ill effects, fought off magical mind control, survived banshee's scream that kills you..it put him in a coma, but he still survived a magical attack that is normally fatal, and those are just for starters. So no, it isn't as if a magical fireball is going to turn Superman into ash.

Direct magical assaults don't work well, stuff like magical transmutation,etc. is the way to go with Superman. So if someone with magic starts out a fight with him by hurling some generic magical energy blast, it won't do anything but piss him off.

As for the fight, if Superman forgets to use his super-speed or heat vision right off the bat, Loki can win.

Grinning Goku
Spite.

The Great Galen
Supes 10/10

complexbrother
Loki

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Hawkeye113
Mr.Myzytlplyk
innuendur

Zack Fair
Superman

Endrict Nuul
Maybe Superman could also fight Dormammu and get a few wins. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Allankles
Supes takes Loki 8/10. Transmutation is also among some of the magical attacks he's shrugged off.

guy222
Loki

Mighty Saxon
Supes would def have his hands full cause loki is the god of trickery is he not? i say supes 6/10

kgkg
Originally posted by Surtur
Sorry, but that "clarification" was not correct. Superman simply isn't as strong against magic as he is against non-magical attacks. Big difference.

Thing is, Superman often survives magical attacks no normal person could, so he isn't as susceptible to it as people think. For example, he has:

Survived magical lightning bolts various times, survived magical fire, inhaled magical poison with no ill effects, fought off magical mind control, survived banshee's scream that kills you..it put him in a coma, but he still survived a magical attack that is normally fatal, and those are just for starters. So no, it isn't as if a magical fireball is going to turn Superman into ash.

Direct magical assaults don't work well, stuff like magical transmutation,etc. is the way to go with Superman. So if someone with magic starts out a fight with him by hurling some generic magical energy blast, it won't do anything but piss him off.

As for the fight, if Superman forgets to use his super-speed or heat vision right off the bat, Loki can win.
your basing this on what? AND which "clarification" was not correct? help me out here

UKR
In physical combat Superman would easily beat Loki. But I don't see Superman beating Loki's magic. Even if Superman isn't as weak against magic as people think, he's never fought a guy in Loki's class. Didn't this guy fight Doctor Strange a couple of times? Even if he's "only" in Strange's weight class, it puts him way beyond the Mortal of Steel.

shokosugi
Supes owns Thor. Thor owns Loki. Therefore Supes owns Loki. LOL (can't wait for the "your ABC logic fails" comments). smile

Mindset
Originally posted by shokosugi
Supes owns Thor. Thor owns Loki. Therefore Supes owns Loki. LOL (can't wait for the "your ABC logic fails" comments). smile you fail

kgkg
Supes owns Thor. Thor owns Loki. Therefore Supes owns Loki. LOL (can't wait for the "your ABC logic fails" comments). smile Thor does not always own Loki smile

D-Block
Supes owns Thor. Thor owns Loki. Therefore Supes owns Loki. LOL (can't wait for the "your ABC logic fails" comments). smile

Supes doesn't own Thor.

UKR
Originally posted by Mindset
you fail

Lol, true. Thor would own Superman if the writer wasn't a biased, DC-loving dork. And Loki would own Superman too, no way can he fight someone with Loki's magic.

kgkg
Originally posted by UKR
Lol, true. Thor would own Superman if the writer wasn't a biased, DC-loving dork. And Loki would own Superman too, no way can he fight someone with Loki's magic. Best Loki could do is getting a few wins. He is not beating superman for majority let alone owning him. What makes you say that he gets owned?

The Great Galen
Supes 10/10, I hate to underate Loki but the guy just doesnt strike me as a heavy hitter...at least not enough to go agaisnt someone like Supes.

Mindset
Loki can't bfr, really?

The Great Galen
Nah, to slow.

Mindset
Maybe you're too slow confused

The Great Galen
Nah, anyways Supes 10/10

Red Hulk
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Nah, to slow. If I'm correct, he put up an ice wall with lightspeed reactions against Thor...

The Great Galen
And if im not mistaken, Supes can move faster then a nanosecond and vibrate past solid objects. Theres no way for Loki to fend of the intial bullrush, hes toast.

Red Hulk
And if im not mistaken, Supes can move faster then a nanosecond and vibrate past solid objects. He can move faster than a nanosecond? How fast does one travel? no expression

Vibrating past solid objects doesn't mean... anything (?) in relation to what I just said...

If he can react at such speeds, then catching Superman with a non solid BFR wouldn't be a problem. Saying he uses this tactic 10/10 of course... which he wouldn't.
But anyway, I don't think speed has anything to do with this battle.

Mindset
Well bullrush is invincible, I mean, it IS a bullrush, doesn't that sound unstoppable to you?

Red Hulk
Well bullrush is invincible, I mean, it IS a bullrush, doesn't that sound unstoppable to you? Ya, that's the same thing everyone discredits when people try to bring up Surfer's speed... Galen I recall does it every Surfer thread.

Juntai
Originally posted by UKR
he's never fought a guy in Loki's class. laughing

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Ya, that's the same thing everyone discredits when people try to bring up Surfer's speed... Galen I recall does it every Surfer thread.

Well bullrushing isn't a battle tendency for SS as much as it is for Supes, and ur little explanation back there didnt awnser anything. Loki doesnt fight at the speed supes does and Loki will not be able to react to a bullrush going faster then a nanosecond. Comparing SS speed to supes speed is foolish IMO, SS doesnt fight nearly as fast as supes nor does he ultalize speed to the effect supes does in combat. Supes 10/10 in this fight.

Red Hulk
Well bullrushing isn't a battle tendency for SS as much as it is for Supes, and ur little explanation back there didnt awnser anything. Loki doesnt fight at the speed supes does and Loki will not be able to react to a bullrush going faster then a nanosecond. Comparing SS speed to supes speed is foolish IMO, SS doesnt fight nearly as fast as supes nor does he ultalize speed to the effect supes does in combat. Supes 10/10 in this fight. *insert palm on face*

Loki doesn't need to fight at his speed, all he needs to do is react, which he most likely can, which is why I say that speed won't be a factor.

How fast does a nano second travel? The speed of sound? I'm going to say the speed of sound. no expression

I didn't compare Surfer's speed to Superman's...
I could have used Armadillo, and my example would have stuck (although you don't downplay Armadillo at every turn, so I had to use Surfer).

Surtur
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Maybe Superman could also fight Dormammu and get a few wins. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Given the fact Dormammu would normally own even Loki..okay.

Surtur
Originally posted by kgkg
your basing this on what? AND which "clarification" was not correct? help me out here

I'm basing this on the way he's handled magic over the years.

As for which clarifications aren't correct, that kryptonite and magic will always be his weakness, for starters. Even kryptonite isn't as potent as it used to be, see Supes shrugging off nukes while surrounded by the stuff, surviving going through a field of kryptonite and then a red sun, then STILL retaining some power. I'm not saying there will come a time where it never weakens him, just that both kryptonite and magic aren't nearly as deadly as they once were.

Then I would also say that to claim the writers are "ignoring" the weakness is false, rather they are fine tuning it. Superman doesn't fold so easily against magic anymore.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Red Hulk
*insert palm on face*

Loki doesn't need to fight at his speed, all he needs to do is react, which he most likely can, which is why I say that speed won't be a factor.

How fast does a nano second travel? The speed of sound? I'm going to say the speed of sound. no expression

I didn't compare Surfer's speed to Superman's...
I could have used Armadillo, and my example would have stuck (although you don't downplay Armadillo at every turn, so I had to use Surfer).

Loki can't react, simple as that. Supes 10/10.

Bada's Palin
Loki can't react, simple as that. Supes 10/10.

Loki can blink from Asgard to earth in a milisecond.

The Great Galen
Supes bullrushes him and its over, Loki doesnt have the speed to compete agaisnt Supes in any shape of form.

Allankles
Originally posted by UKR
he's never fought a guy in Loki's class.

Which comics have you been reading? Supes has endured magical assaults from guys above Loki.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Starscream M
Could Superman overcome his magic weakness and defeat the trickster? Originally posted by Badabing
Dude, WTF? blink He doesn't get past one. Doom, magic and brains. Fate, magic.

I'm about to close this for spite. uhuh loki has both magic and brains. wink3

kgkg
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm basing this on the way he's handled magic over the years.

As for which clarifications aren't correct, that kryptonite and magic will always be his weakness, for starters. Even kryptonite isn't as potent as it used to be, see Supes shrugging off nukes while surrounded by the stuff, surviving going through a field of kryptonite and then a red sun, then STILL retaining some power. I'm not saying there will come a time where it never weakens him, just that both kryptonite and magic aren't nearly as deadly as they once were.

Then I would also say that to claim the writers are "ignoring" the weakness is false, rather they are fine tuning it. Superman doesn't fold so easily against magic anymore. They are not tuning it. It differs witters to witters.(I can show you many cases of this).

Superman was fighting in Kyptonite gas in the 90's and high magical attacks. There are been cases of quick K.O in the 2000s by those attacks.

I agree that magic and Kryptonite aren't as bad as they used to be but i already exampled why.

xJLxKing
Superman most definetely can fight out Magic, and Kryptonite. We have seen him(respect thread) fight of magical users who tend to use a lot of magic. Magic users who seem and most likely are better with magic then Loki. However, Superman is still affect by it.

I think Superman can take Loki out, but very hard. If Superman Speed Blitz's him then he can win even if he gets hit. Superman beats Loki in speed, strenght, smarts, and Durability. The only think Loki wins is Magic user since Superman isn't a magic user. So people only need to think of it this way. Can Superman defeat him using speed, and his huge power? Your opinion!! My opinion is Superman can 3/5

Mindset
Superman beats Loki in smarts?

How?

Zack Fair
He married a stuckup *****.

How's that for smarts huh!?

Mindset
Not too good.

Zack Fair
He also passed his chance with Maxima, Diana...

Hmph come to think of it...

Red Hulk
I'm still wondering how fast a nano second travels.

Mindset
the speed of bullrush approximately

Red Hulk
ah, of course...

Red Hulk
How fast is Loki?

Seconds, minutes?

Mindset
An increment of time does not have a travel distance, you can measure how fast something can go in a nano second, but there isn't a speed a nano second travels, because it doesn't.

ergo, bullrush

Red Hulk
An increment of time does not have a travel distance, you can measure how fast something can go in a nano second, but there isn't a speed a nano second travels, because it doesn't.

ergo, bullrush I know. no expression

But Superman is faster than a nanosecond, so that would probably put Loki somewhere in the seconds/miliseconds range.

Cavalier
I was traveling at about thirty minutes today. It was quite the rush.

The Great Galen
Supes blitz him, nano second speed and all...ot FTL speed if u want it more quantified.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.