The Overseer Vs Classic Beyonder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
In terms of power wise, both are pretty close. Both live outside their respected Multiverse. The Overseers are omnipotent, omniscient, etc... and exist outside the Pre-Crisis DC Multiverse. ONE Overseer created the Adjuicator, who can casually destroy a universe with a "shrug".

Who takes this?

occultdestroyer
Mallo

cloud102
Adjuicator actually had a feat, though. Somewhat. Mallo never has shown to destroy a universe, I think.

guy222
when did the overseers appear

Space M ummy
Originally posted by cloud102
In terms of power wise, both are pretty close. Both live outside their respected Multiverse. The Overseers are omnipotent, omniscient, etc... and exist outside the Pre-Crisis DC Multiverse. ONE Overseer created the Adjuicator, who can casually destroy a universe with a "shrug".

Who takes this?

PR beyonder. He wasn't just from "outside the multiverse" he literally WAS the embodiment of everything that existed there- a reality billions of times larger than everything that was known to exist up to that point.

He had no weaknesses whatsoever, could do whatever he wanted to whoever he wanted, and owned everything and everyone in existence while holding back the vast majority of his powers.

There's no way to make a fair debate with PR beyonder in it. That's why he HAD to be retconned, since his existence made a joke of everything else in the marvel universe.

Whenever the question "who would win? character X or PR beyonder" comes up, the answer is ALWAYS going to be PR beyonder. Stop making threads about him!

complexbrother
Classic Beyonder was arguably the most powerful character ever to appear in comics.

Knowsbleed33
Donny Osmond.

cloud102
Originally posted by guy222
when did the overseers appear

WW issue, but forgot which one.

cloud102
Originally posted by Space M ummy
PR beyonder. He wasn't just from "outside the multiverse" he literally WAS the embodiment of everything that existed there- a reality billions of times larger than everything that was known to exist up to that point.

He had no weaknesses whatsoever, could do whatever he wanted to whoever he wanted, and owned everything and everyone in existence while holding back the vast majority of his powers.

There's no way to make a fair debate with PR beyonder in it. That's why he HAD to be retconned, since his existence made a joke of everything else in the marvel universe.

Whenever the question "who would win? character X or PR beyonder" comes up, the answer is ALWAYS going to be PR beyonder. Stop making threads about him!

The little time Overseers were mentioned, they had no weaknesses either and was on the level of say the Presence.

guy222
WW issue, but forgot which one.

If u find out the issues, let me know. I post some scans

Space M ummy
The little time Overseers were mentioned, they had no weaknesses either and was on the level of say the Presence.

the beyonder's power was the combined force of a reality that was (depending on which panel you were looking at) either millions to quintillions of times greater than entire marvel multiverse combined.

and that was while holding back his "true" strength.

you'd need some kind of on panel evidence that the power of the presence (or at least the combined power that exists within the DC universe, which would include that of the presence) is billions of times greater than the sum total of the marvel multiverse to even make this a fight.

Given Marvel Vs. DC where the two realities were portrayed as being equal, this isn't the case.

The creation of the Beyonder by marvel editorial was a COLOSSAL mistake, and his existence broke all concept of power level and continuity. No one at marvel or DC is stupid enough to go that route again- you're not going to see any more characters like PR beyonder floating around. There's a reason they retconned the hell out of the character after the EIC who created him left.

cloud102
IMO, God Vs God fights always end in a stalemate, IMO. I don't see any real evidence that The Beyonder is more powerful than the Presence, who used to be greater than an infinite amount of universes/megaverse. And The Overseers is more than one omnipotent being. They're an entire race.

Galan007
Beyonder is overrated. I mean the guy was powerful, but get off his bone. srsly

Mindset
no u

tjcoady
I usually kill the Overseer after returning from defeating the Master. Makes the game a lot more satisfying.

Oh wait, comics.

Endless Mike
I've heard alot about these Overseers but I've never actually seen a scan of one

Galan007
I don't believe we've seen an Overseer, just heard some speachification on them. Could be wrong though.

Endless Mike
Well a scan with info about them would still be good

Mr Master
Originally posted by Galan007

Beyonder is overrated.
pfft

Mr Master
Originally posted by Space M ummy

the beyonder's power was the combined force of a reality that was (depending on which panel you were looking at) either millions to quintillions of times greater than entire marvel multiverse combined.

and that was while holding back his "true" strength.

you'd need some kind of on panel evidence that the power of the presence (or at least the combined power that exists within the DC universe, which would include that of the presence) is billions of times greater than the sum total of the marvel multiverse to even make this a fight.

Given Marvel Vs. DC where the two realities were portrayed as being equal, this isn't the case.

The creation of the Beyonder by marvel editorial was a COLOSSAL mistake, and his existence broke all concept of power level and continuity. No one at marvel or DC is stupid enough to go that route again- you're not going to see any more characters like PR beyonder floating around. There's a reason they retconned the hell out of the character after the EIC who created him left.
100% accurate and true concerning Marvel & the Beyonder. thumb up

Mr Master

IMO, God Vs God fights always end in a stalemate, IMO.
Basically, just that Beyonder's feat is untouchable.

I don't see any real evidence that The Beyonder is more powerful than the Presence,

who used to be greater than an infinite amount of universes/megaverse.

It matters not to me who was more powerful between them,
but just to make your opinion more accurate,
Beyonder was (MillionS) of times more powerful than the trans-infinite Multiverse.

The prime Multiverse was not only and still is infinite, (1984-2008)
but according to Dr Strange, was a number greater than infinity even back then.

This really is madness,
because Beyonder created a reality (Beyond Realm) which he embodied
that was like an ocean,
while this infinite Marvelverse was nothing but a drop of water next to it.

Or as Jim Shooter also put it in his Marvel Age interview.
when Beyonder discovered the Marvelverse,
it was like when inventor Leeuwenhoek,
looked through his micro-scope discovered little paramecium (616)
swimming in a drop of water. (all of Marvel)

No wonder the character was retconned/depowered after Jim left,
Shooter went to far in the exaggeration.

cloud102
Yeah, this would probably end in another stalemate. The Overseers seemed untouchable. Seeing as nothing was beyond them. From the little arc they were in.

tjcoady
Seriously, no one got my Fallout I joke?

No one's played the classic Fallouts?

Knowsbleed33
How many appearances did the Overseer have and what are his feats?

I can find nothing on him.

cloud102
Yeah, they basically had no feats in just creating the Adjuicator, who was a Living Tribunal type character. Judging the Pre-Crisis Multiverse. From what I hear, they (each one of them) are equal to the Presence. Lived outside of creation and was their own creator?

Elrahprime created a DC heirarchy. And talks about the Overseers in this link:

http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-16514.html

Endless Mike
Could the Overseers be the "external forces" the Presence talked about in Lucifer #75?

cloud102
Uhhh, probably not. The Overseers exsisted Pre-Crisis and Lucifer is it's own thing.

Endless Mike
But the universes are linked - Vertigo even included references to Pre-Crisis stories

cloud102
True, but the Overseers aren't from the DCU Multiverse. They're in a more vast reality of their own.

guy222
Did u find the issues they were in

Galan007
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Could the Overseers be the "external forces" the Presence talked about in Lucifer #75? No.

Philosophía
I'm sure that when Mike Carey wrote the Lucifer finale, he had this obscure, undefined characters in mind.

cloud102
Lucifer is like the coolest cosmic/abstract known to comics. Easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.