Sandman (JSA) Vs Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
Sand has some uber feats. Who wins on average?

Cavalier
What's she going to do to him?

Probably a stalemate until she gets sloppy and he hits her with lava/mud/earth

fascistcrusader
Couldn't Storm just repeatedly hit him with lightning until he was a harmless hunk of glass?

cloud102
Or he can move under ground and avoid the lightning.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Couldn't Storm just repeatedly hit him with lightning until he was a harmless hunk of glass?

Lightning hurting earth? Since when? Like said before what is stopping him from going underground and just attacking from there? Storm is severely outclassed here.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Lightning hurting earth? Since when? Like said before what is stopping him from going underground and just attacking from there? Storm is severely outclassed here.

Sandman's body is made entirely of silica- if Storm managed to hit him with a few lighting bolts, it's entirely possible that he'd be fused into glass. It's happened before- check out JSA Volume, during the attack on Kobra.

However, it wouldn't be that difficult for Sand to avoid lighting bolts- just melt himself into the earth.

While I'd say Sand wins this, but a stalemate isn't impossible- if Storm got up high enough to avoid constructs, magma, and sheets of earth, while Sand basically became un-attackable by merging into the earth.

Mindset
Sand can avoid a lightning bolt, he's that fast?

Cavalier
Originally posted by tjcoady
Sandman's body is made entirely of silica- if Storm managed to hit him with a few lighting bolts, it's entirely possible that he'd be fused into glass. It's happened before- check out JSA Volume, during the attack on Kobra. When they attacked Kobra, it was a chemical manipulator, not heat, that caused Sand's paralysis. We have seen him survive as incredibly hot earth before though, hot enough to give Power Girl 3rd degree burns (if I remember correctly).

But, I dunno if that holds any bearing on whether regular Sand could avoid being glassified, given the situation...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Mindset
Sand can avoid a lightning bolt, he's that fast?

You don't need to be incredibly fast to just melt into the earth and swim.

Mindset
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
You don't need to be incredibly fast to just melt into the earth and swim. Do you know how fast lightning is?

Bada's Palin
Do you know how fast lightning is?

Fortunately Storm still has to react to use.

If Sandman tries to turn into Sand as fast as she tries to fry him, it'll come down to who's faster. I've never seen Storm fire a bolt of lightning from the clear blue sky though.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Cavalier
When they attacked Kobra, it was a chemical manipulator, not heat, that caused Sand's paralysis. We have seen him survive as incredibly hot earth before though, hot enough to give Power Girl 3rd degree burns (if I remember correctly).

But, I dunno if that holds any bearing on whether regular Sand could avoid being glassified, given the situation...

This was back when Power Girl's origins were non-Kryptonian, and her powers were basically whatever the situation called for- vulnerable to... unprocessed materials!...magic!...lasers!...she's Atlantean!...from the 31st century! She wasn't quite as tough as she has been over the last couple years.

But yeah, I know what you mean. But lightening can turn regular silicon into glass... and my point was more that Sand hasn't shown that he can shift back.

Wei Phoenix
Do you know how fast lightning is?

Well I don't know the exact speed but I know its pretty fast, still that doesn't mean that she is fast enough to conjure the lightning and strike it down on him before he can disappear.

Red Hulk
Do you know how fast lightning is? How fast?

cloud102
Sand can teleport anywhere on earth in mere moments.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.