Pre-Crisis Validus Vs Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Classic NES
Whatever, who wins?

iceman24567
It might depend on who animates the Destroyer but Validus would give any version a hell of a fight.

Classic NES
It's a regular Human.

iceman24567
Validus wins the majority.

Stoic
The Destroyer is as powerful as the soul within it, a normal regular human soul could be stronger than an Asgardians. The physical characteristics of a person would have no bearing on how powerful their soul is, and there is no quantifiable evidence to suggest otherwise.

The Destroyer has had only one low showing within it's entire history, how many has Validus had?

The Great Galen
If a regular human is animating the destroyer Val will take the majority.

Galan007
Validus ftw. I really don't care who's animating the Destroyer.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Galan007
Validus ftw. I really don't care who's animating the Destroyer. not even odin

Galan007
Originally posted by Nihilist
not even odin Not imo.

guy222
destroyer

john allerdyce
do u even have a reason in picking the destroyer guy222? or are u just choosing him because u like celestials and such? because the way i see it, if thor was able to own the destroyer, a beast equal to 12 pc superboys' should have no problem at all doing the same.

Mindset
Originally posted by john allerdyce
do u even have a reason in picking the destroyer guy222? or are u just choosing him because u like celestials and such? because the way i see it, if thor was able to own the destroyer, a beast equal to 12 pc superboys' should have no problem at all doing the same. What would liking the Celestials have to do with picking the Destroyer?

john allerdyce
cuz it was created to battle celestials. that's why i said celestials "and such". wink

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
Not imo.

eek!

Anywho, Validus wins this.

Bada's Palin
Validus physically fought a couple of PC kryptonians.

Didn't you know? he's unbeatable.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Validus physically fought a couple of PC kryptonians.

Didn't you know? he's unbeatable.

Oh yeah. smile Trans-levelers. How could I forget. Gosh, that definitely tops a Skyfather empowered Destroyer (trans lvl itself).

psycho gundam
pc era, loony-toons bullshit.

Classic NES
I think the toon physics were wonderful.

cloud102
Validus.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
eek! awesrg

Classic NES
I made a human as a host to make it some what fair or am I supposed to use 2000 ft destroyer?

the Darkone
Destroyer will beat Validus for the majority, Destroyer is powered by the most powerful skyfather in Odin. The Destroyers powers are ridiculous he has transmutation, magnetism, manuiplate all forms of energy,disintegration beam, unlimited strength, stamina and durability.

Regardless if it's a human or a God in the armor that person is using the Destroyers at will, Validus will have problems unless he finds the host body by mistake.

guy222
destroyer ftw

Mindship
My peeve about the Destroyer is this: I always felt it never lived up to its full potential. When it was first created by Marvel (in its first fight with Classic Thor, and animated by a mere mortal, no less), it was described as unbeatable, all-powerful, it possessed every force in the universe, and again, could fire bolts of limitless energy (limitless: that means it can cut through anything). Thor was helpless before it. Eg, a hammer strike (which in a later Thor issue supposedly hurt Galactus) meant nothing to the Destroyer. Even more: because it possessed every force in the universe, including magical, it then proceeded to actually use Mjolnir against Thor.

Now since the Celestials don't possess limitless power, yet they beat the Destroyer, clearly some implicit retconning has occurred. It may be time to differentiate between Current Destroyer (from the first appearance of the Celestials to now) and Classic Destroyer (when it first appeared).

That being the case, it could be argued that Classic Destroyer is one of the most powerful characters ever created in comicdom, capable of beating not only PC Validus (I don't know: has Validus' power ever been described as "limitless"?), but also the likes of the Celestials, Mangog, Ymir, Galactus (yes, even Galactus), and so on. Only beings also described as having full-range limitless power could possibly beat it, perhaps depending on the nature of that being.

Surtur
I remember when Galactus had the destroyer he kept it on it's lowest power setting because he was actually afraid of it. That says a lot..

Classic NES
^
Scan?

guy222
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9661/thormow024bw3.th.jpg

SoulDevourer
Destroyer's durability is a notch above Validus (heck hes as close to indestructible as it gets)

I dunno how their strengths compare tho (Destroyer pwned Thor, Validus pwned kryptonians...)

I'd give this one to Destroyer since I dunno how Validus is even gonna damage Destroyer let alone destroy it

vlaaad12345
His mental lightning that one shots pc kryptonians and his physical strength that is 12x pc superboys will be more then enough.

SoulDevourer
one-shooting kryptonians & one-shooting something that's even tougher then adamantium r 2 completly different things

and it ain't kryptonian strength that can easily break something thats got this level of indestructiblity. not even 12 superboys

moderatly pissed Hulk was just able to make a small crack in Ultrons armor with his best punch. and Destroyers even tougher

SoulDevourer
on teh other hand Destroyers blast one-shots Mjolnir (also harder then adamantium)
Validus dont wanna put himself in Mjolnirs place lol

vlaaad12345
First off pc superboy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hulk in strength and validus is pc superboyx12 in strength the destroyer would get man handled,pc kryptonians power output is far beyond anything the destroyer showed recently or thor for that matter and their attacks don't really effect validus at all,validus one shots pc kryptonians and daxamites the guy who takes solar system+attacks and are fine,destroyer gets owned.

SoulDevourer
ow confused

anyway u need cosmic level force to do major damage to adamantium
and destroyers even tougher than that

also thors godblast breaks thru the armor of a celestial (cosmic folks). someho i doubt validus durability is above a celestial lol

btw which kryptonians is this about - the ones who get beat to death by doomsday or the ones who take out a solar system by sneezing ? one of the 2 versions wuz retconned iirc

iceman24567
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
ow confused

anyway u need cosmic level force to do major damage to adamantium
and destroyers even tougher than that

also thors godblast breaks thru the armor of a celestial (cosmic folks). someho i doubt validus durability is above a celestial lol

btw which kryptonians is this about - the ones who get beat to death by doomsday or the ones who take out a solar system by sneezing ? one of the 2 versions wuz retconned iirc Post and pre crisis Krytptonians get pwned by Validus.

thtadthtshldntb
The Destroyer wins

1) the Destroyer with a human soul that, at the time, had no idea how to use it, killed classic, albeit Jurgens, Thor with one shot.

2) Odin was clearly not going all out against the 4th Host, as that would have most likely destroyed the Milky Way, which includes the Earth and that would have been contrary to Odin's intent there, which I think was to drive the Host away.It took the combined power of the 4th Celestial Host to destroy the Odin Destroyer, and each of those beings is probably trillions of times more powerful than PC Validus.

vlaaad12345
Classic thor is not close to validus in any physical stat...the odin destroyer is not in this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.