Marvel Cosmic Powers vs. DC Cosmic Powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Marvel Cosmic Powers:

Silver Surfer-current
Quasar-wendall
Starhawk
Captain Mar-vell
Nova- Nova Force

vs.

Dc Cosmic Powers:

Green Lantern-Hal
Green Lantern- Rayner
Sinestro
Alan Scott
Captain Comet

Enyalus
Marvel again. I'd give Sinestro the win over Starhawk and Alan over the original Captain Mar-vell, but the other matchups Marvel would take.

quanchi112
Marvel takes it home.

guy222
marvel

Bouboumaster
Marvel, but they get troubles on this onw

Galan007
Tuff call. Possibly a slight edge to DC... Not sure though.

Knowsbleed33
Wank.

Marvel wins.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
Tuff call. Possibly a slight edge to DC... Not sure though.

Man, I know you're not serious. stick out tongue Surfer alone could take on any two of these guys at the same time.

fangirl101
Originally posted by the Darkone
Marvel Cosmic Powers:

Silver Surfer-current
Quasar-wendall
Starhawk
Captain Mar-vell
Nova- Nova Force

vs.

Dc Cosmic Powers:

Green Lantern-Hal
Green Lantern- Rayner
Sinestro
Alan Scott
Captain Comet
Captain comet is going to mind rape Nova And Captain Mar-Vell in the first few seconds of the fight.

kgkg
Mar-vell and Nova are weak links DC wins. 6-7/10

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
Surfer alone could take on any two of these guys at the same time. giggle00

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
giggle00

Don't giggle at me, mister! I'll ground you!

Slaanesh
marvel everytime..

Ambient
Originally posted by fangirl101
Captain comet is going to mind rape Nova And Captain Mar-Vell in the first few seconds of the fight.
Nahh, both got psi-shielding...

As for the fight, my money goes to marvel but damn that's really really really close...

cloud102
DC. Hal and Sinestro are a dangerous team.

Nihilist
dc

UKR
Originally posted by the Darkone
Marvel Cosmic Powers:

Silver Surfer-current
Quasar-wendall
Starhawk
Captain Mar-vell
Nova- Nova Force

vs.

Dc Cosmic Powers:

Green Lantern-Hal
Green Lantern- Rayner
Sinestro
Alan Scott
Captain Comet

I know only slightly more than nothing about Starhawk. I don't really know Marvel's Captain Marvel or Nova. The same about Sinestro and Captain Comet, not that I have amazing familiarity with the Green Lanterns either (in fact I'm not sure I've ever heard of Captain Comet before). But I believe a team with the Silver Surfer and Quasar on it would win as I've never found DC's cosmic types to be up to Marvel's par.

Tazer
Yo.

Elvis loses against just about anybody he's matched up against here to having the less powerful trinkets, and the others could go either way (altho I usually favor a GL in any fight), so Id say good fight but edge to DC.

Tazer

rotiart
Id have to say that having starhawk... Is a severe boost to the
Marvel team. Besides that quasar vs ring wielders? He's gonna rape them all almost by himself. Greatest energy manipulator absorber around...

Never seen a green lantern absorb energy and tweak it around like quasar. Heck his recent quasar
Explosion and hulkl smash makhim even more dangerous

rotiart
Hrm just remembered kyles ring absorbing dr light?

... Quasar may be screwed ohhh dammit second guessing myself

guy222
marvel ftw

cloud102
Originally posted by rotiart

Quasar is definitely screwed. Hal and Sinestro have rejected energy absorbers and Quasar can mostly do it in the EM spectrum, while the GL's energy is part of the emotinal spectrum.

I'd give DC the win. 2 top lanerns, which included Sinestro is too much.

Premutos

Not the ring, the battery. Which is a conduit to Oa's Central Battery.

iceman24567
Team Dc

ultimatethor

Nah, quasar isnt screwed. He is the top pure energy absorber in marvel( save maybe thor). I highly doubt he is going to be getting absorbed by a Gl ring.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Really tough matchup and tough one to call.... It's a fairly even split for me.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by ultimatethor
Nah, quasar isnt screwed. He is the top pure energy absorber in marvel( save maybe thor). I highly doubt he is going to be getting absorbed by a Gl ring.

he likely wouldnt (nowadays anyway, Golden Age Rings would be a diff story), but considering the way the Green Energy is being described nowadays its doubtful Quasar will be absorbing *it* AND since he's just an e-being now he could just get bubbled-up and forgotten about.

Tazer

Nestical
team 1,current surfer is a beast

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

he likely wouldnt (nowadays anyway, Golden Age Rings would be a diff story), but considering the way the Green Energy is being described nowadays its doubtful Quasar will be absorbing *it* AND since he's just an e-being now he could just get bubbled-up and forgotten about.

Tazer

Not likely that simply putting a bubble round quasar will work especially with his new hulk smash/self nuke type moves.

Tazer
Yo.

Not likely that simply putting a bubble round quasar will work especially with his new hulk smash/self nuke type moves.

GLs have held back nuke-lvl explosions b4, and even if he DID break free he's effectely taken himself out of battle (and its no guarantee he'll take out the GL in doing so either)........

Tazer

ultimatethor
Yo.

GLs have held back nuke-lvl explosions b4, and even if he DID break free he's effectely taken himself out of battle (and its no guarantee he'll take out the GL in doing so either)........

Tazer

He wont take himself out in doing so. He isnt knocked out after doing it. Besides that he still has sufficient straight blast power to break free. Not to mention quasar could just bubble the Gl instead.

Tazer
Yo.

He wont take himself out in doing so. He isnt knocked out after doing it. Besides that he still has sufficient straight blast power to break free. Not to mention quasar could just bubble the Gl instead.

incorrect, given that the after-effect of him using that self-nuke involved him BEING DISPERSED & FORCEFULLY GOING AWAY afterward.

and he could bubble up the GL......but since hes an e-being it might be more of an issue for him *when* the GL breaks out.

Tazer

ultimatethor
Yo.

incorrect, given that the after-effect of him using that self-nuke involved him BEING DISPERSED & FORCEFULLY GOING AWAY afterward.

and he could bubble up the GL......but since hes an e-being it might be more of an issue for him *when* the GL breaks out.

Tazer

Eh ur prolly right about the nuke thing. My memory is a bit foggy on what exactly happened.

However there shouldnt be any problems with the GL if he breaks out. Quasar is still the top energy absorber in marvel with his quantum bands. And its a GL absorbing the quantum bands is about as likely as Quasar absorbing a Gl ring.

Tazer
Yo.

Eh ur prolly right about the nuke thing. My memory is a bit foggy on what exactly happened.

not a prob

However there shouldnt be any problems with the GL if he breaks out. Quasar is still the top energy absorber in marvel with his quantum bands. And its a GL absorbing the quantum bands is about as likely as Quasar absorbing a Gl ring.

I think its a bit much to call him the top energy absorber in Marvel too; this means he would be above he likes of SS and the other heralds......and he's not. hes got some interesting feats under his belt, but nothing that really blows ya away.

as for the other, the GL Rings of old actually functioned as portals to an inner dimension, so it *could be done*, however I would put it past Elvis to simply jump into the Q-zone and return home

Tazer

ultimatethor
Yo.

not a prob

I think its a bit much to call him the top energy absorber in Marvel too; this means he would be above he likes of SS and the other heralds......and he's not. hes got some interesting feats under his belt, but nothing that really blows ya away.

as for the other, the GL Rings of old actually functioned as portals to an inner dimension, so it *could be done*, however I would put it past Elvis to simply jump into the Q-zone and return home

Tazer

Quasar is superior to heralds in pure energy absorbtion( yes including SS). He has showed this both in battle( when he fought SS) and out of battle ( when he absorbed all the energy of ego the living planet which SS was unable to do). Quasars advantage of the herlads is that unlike them he does not need to store up energy within himself but rather has a permanent connection to the quantum zone and hence can continuously transfer energy to and from the dimension.

darthgoober
Originally posted by cloud102
Quasar is definitely screwed. Hal and Sinestro have rejected energy absorbers and Quasar can mostly do it in the EM spectrum, while the GL's energy is part of the emotinal spectrum.

I'd give DC the win. 2 top lanerns, which included Sinestro is too much.
I won't deny what you're saying there, but it's not as if they haven't fallen victim to it also...
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2070/gl03302122qa9.th.jpg

And yes it's rookie Hal but at that point Sinestro is already being recognized as the #1 Lantern.

I'm not saying that scan guarantee's Quasar can drain their rings though, just pointing out that if he IS capable of manipulating the energy that it's a potentially valid tactic.

Ambient
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1261/halabsorvedv4.th.jpg

His no rookie in this one.. shifty

cloud102
Originally posted by darthgoober
I won't deny what you're saying there, but it's not as if they haven't fallen victim to it also...
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2070/gl03302122qa9.th.jpg

And yes it's rookie Hal but at that point Sinestro is already being recognized as the #1 Lantern.

I'm not saying that scan guarantee's Quasar can drain their rings though, just pointing out that if he IS capable of manipulating the energy that it's a potentially valid tactic.

Yes, but Hal usually triumps over said being. One time when he fought Dr. Polaris, he reversed the polarity back on Polaris. Rings can pretty much do anything.

occultdestroyer
Marvel goes down hard.
Nova is it's weakest link.

You've got 4 top ring users and a psychic Supes replica without the Kryptonite weakness.
DC 8/10

comicfan11
DC IMO
Alan Scot and then Hal and Sin in the same team?
Apart from any power advantage they certainly have a tactical one with a telepath to coordinate them.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Ambient
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1261/halabsorvedv4.th.jpg

His no rookie in this one.. shifty

thats either from The Nail or its sequel, isnt it??

I dont think using an out-of-continuity story to back up a point is wise OR allowed.......

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Quasar is superior to heralds in pure energy absorbtion( yes including SS). He has showed this both in battle( when he fought SS) and out of battle ( when he absorbed all the energy of ego the living planet which SS was unable to do). Quasars advantage of the herlads is that unlike them he does not need to store up energy within himself but rather has a permanent connection to the quantum zone and hence can continuously transfer energy to and from the dimension.

question: didnt Elvis use a device built by Reed to to wat he did to Ego?? I dont believe he pulled that stunt off on his own, and as such I dont think thats solid proof Quasar >>> Heralds in absorption.

and also, DIDNT he take Ego within his body?? I seem to recall that happening too......

Tazer

ultimatethor
Yo.

question: didnt Elvis use a device built by Reed to to wat he did to Ego?? I dont believe he pulled that stunt off on his own, and as such I dont think thats solid proof Quasar >>> Heralds in absorption.

and also, DIDNT he take Ego within his body?? I seem to recall that happening too......

Tazer

The device created by reed was in order to leech ego away from earth in energy form so that quasar could absorb him. It didnt help increase his capacity to absorb or anything like that.

And yeah in the ego instance quasar did house him in his own body. So even his body storage capacity is pretty high as well/

Tazer
Yo.

The device created by reed was in order to leech ego away from earth in energy form so that quasar could absorb him. It didnt help increase his capacity to absorb or anything like that.

so then right there is proof that Quasar *needed help* in order to perform the above feat; its not liek he pulled that feat off on his own.

And yeah in the ego instance quasar did house him in his own body. So even his body storage capacity is pretty high as well/

and exactly wat was the reason SS couldnt fulfill the role needed for that trap again?? because I doubt it was as simple as Ego just being too much for him to handle; Im pretty sure there were extenuating circumstances involved, but I dont have a copy handy atm....

Tazer

The Illuminati
MARVEL quite handily.

10/10

ultimatethor
Yo.

so then right there is proof that Quasar *needed help* in order to perform the above feat; its not liek he pulled that feat off on his own.

and exactly wat was the reason SS couldnt fulfill the role needed for that trap again?? because I doubt it was as simple as Ego just being too much for him to handle; Im pretty sure there were extenuating circumstances involved, but I dont have a copy handy atm....

Tazer

The only help that the device provided was the converting to energy form so that quasar could absorb it. In the actual energy absorption itself which is what we are talkng about now it didnt help out.

And iirc it was mentioned that SS body couldnt contain all the energies or something like that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.