Superboy Prime vs Zoom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
They face each other. Who takes it?

Surtur
Even if you don't think Zoom can hurt Prime, I see no way for Prime to actually land a hit in this situation..I mean Bart was able to cause Prime to bleed..and Prime was actually scared of him, so I'd say Zoom could do some damage..

Slaanesh
nah..when wally(not sure) and jay punch him when he return to earth in SCW..it didn't do shit..he just say that he hate speedster and take off..

Surtur
Originally posted by Slaanesh
nah..when wally(not sure) and jay punch him when he return to earth in SCW..it didn't do shit..he just say that he hate speedster and take off..

Which is why I said his durability fluctuates..since before they pulled him into the speedforce Bart was actually making him bleed..

Still, Prime doesn't have the speed to keep up with Zoom.

I just remembered Zoom can steal/lend speed as well, so I say he should take this.

Slaanesh
prime survive the anti-matter..what can Zoom punches do to him..he can just stand there and take it all..i don't think zoom can punch prime to death..that sound crazy..Zoom can do nothing..

Endless Mike
Prime is just ridiculous in his power and speed - I think he could at least land a hit on Zoom, and one hit is all he needs

Galan007
Originally posted by Surtur
Which is why I said his durability fluctuates..since before they pulled him into the speedforce Bart was actually making him bleed.. Prime's durability hasn't fluctuated per se - he simply got older from IC to SC, thus his overall power increased .

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Prime is just ridiculous in his power and speed - I think he could at least land a hit on Zoom, and one hit is all he needs Prime is fast, I'll give you that. However, faster than a being who made a greatly amped Wally look pathetically slow, he is not. imo.

Eel O'Brien
Did Bart really make him bleed? Because I always saw that as blood from Bart's knuckles...

Endless Mike
It's not like Zoom has never been tagged before - Prime could move planets over insterstellar distances so fast no one even noticed it was happening, he can fly between universes even

Galan007
It's not like Zoom has never been tagged before - Prime could move planets over insterstellar distances so fast no one even noticed it was happening, he can fly between universes even I understand how fast Prime is in a straight line, but as far as battle speed goes, he isn't touching Zoom imo. Now don't confuse my statements as me necessarily taking Zoom's side here - I actually think either one has a chance (Prime more so, obviously.)

Endless Mike
He countered 3 flashes blitzing him

Philosophía
Well, Zoom blitzed Flashes.

Galan007
He countered 3 flashes blitzing him As I already mentioned, Zoom made Wally (with the combined speed of Jay, Bart, and Jesse) look slow. Very slow.

Harbinger
Prime 6/10; he'd just need one good hit to end it, IMO, but Zoom isn't going to get tagged 10/10 here.

Bentley
I'm of the opinion that Prime wins. Zoom still is very nasty and uber fast -the fastest character out there?-.

kgkg
Originally posted by Bentley
Zoom still is very nasty and uber fast -the fastest character out there?-. He is not fast he just moves in different planes making him look fast in this normal Time Line.

so Zoom will/should be faster than anyone using pure speed. But people who can manipulate Time/Reality would be faster than him.

kgkg
Originally posted by Harbinger
Prime 6/10; he'd just need one good hit to end it, IMO, but Zoom isn't going to get tagged 10/10 here. confused

so Prime wins 6/10 and Zoom wins 10/10 erm

Mindset
Originally posted by kgkg
confused

so Prime wins 6/10 and Zoom wins 10/10 erm Read it again.

xJLxKing
Superman Prime is not as fast as Zoom. However, Zoom doesn't have too much power against Superman Prime. Remember you don't have to be as fast as somebody to actually hit them. I think Superman can land a blow, and that one blow is all that he need.

kgkg
Originally posted by Mindset
Read it again. Ohh embarrasment
won't get tagged 10/10 jumpy today

Galan007
Zoom still is very nasty and uber fast -the fastest character out there?-. Yes.

Originally posted by kgkg
so Zoom will/should be faster than anyone using pure speed. But people who can manipulate Time/Reality would be faster than him. As Zoom put it, he is the timestream itself. I don't know how well manipulation of time would work against him.

Surtur
The problem is Zoom doesn't need to physically defeat Prime. Stealing his speed to the point where it will take him a century to blink..I would consider that a victory, and Zoom has recently shown he can lend and steal speed just like Wally, although I'm not sure if the way they accomplish it is the same.

Prime reacted to a blitz from a couple flashes, but he wasn't outright owning them in speed. Zoom was causing sonic booms simply by snapping his fingers, and was vastly quicker than someone who can evacuate a city of 500,000 people in less than a second. Wally needed to steal the speed of 2-3 other speedsters to simply get on Zoom's level.

Harbinger
^ Even with the extra speed, Flash still only saw Zoom as a blur; the latter was still far faster.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
Yes.

As Zoom put it, he is the timestream itself. I don't know how well manipulation of time would work against him. Well he can be affected by people in the main timestream, so it should still work.

iono

Surtur
Originally posted by Harbinger
^ Even with the extra speed, Flash still only saw Zoom as a blur; the latter was still far faster.

Exactly, and given how fast Wally himself is even without a boost..then adding in the fact the people he took speed from can reach near lightspeeds themselves and he took all the speed they had to give..it really says a lot about just how much speed Prime's going to be dealing with here.

Eel O'Brien
So Zoom will speed him to death?

Galan007
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
So Zoom will speed him to death? Thousands of Superman-esque punches in less than a second would surely do some damage. But as others have already stated, all it would take is a couple whacks from Prime to end this.

iceman24567
Prime wins

xJLxKing
Thousands of Superman-esque punches in less than a second would surely do some damage. But as others have already stated, all it would take is a couple whacks from Prime to end this.
Can Zoom even survive one direct hit? Hit that destroy the time barrier?

Galan007
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Can Zoom even survive one direct hit? Hit that destroy the time barrier? Prime doesn't always hit with that much force. If he did, there would be no heroes left on earth.

xJLxKing
Prime doesn't always hit with that much force. If he did, there would be no heroes left on earth.
Well thats for the sake of the story. I mean why doesn't Prime just stay on the sun for a little while(1day, or 1 hour) and destroy the planet big grin. It just for the sake of the story. Heck characters like Galactus could have won, but lost because of the story and main character

Galan007
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Well thats for the sake of the story. I mean why doesn't Prime just stay on the sun for a little while(1day, or 1 hour) and destroy the planet big grin. It just for the sake of the story. Heck characters like Galactus could have won, but lost because of the story and main character I understand that. However, just like every punch Flash throws isn't an IMP, every punch Prime throws isn't sufficient to breach dimensions and such.

Slaanesh
can't he just flew to the sky and burn the whole battlefield like he did in final crisis??burning a big "S" on the surface of a planet..how cool is that cool

xJLxKing
can't he just flew to the sky and burn the whole battlefield like he did in final crisis??burning a big "S" on the surface of a planet..how cool is that cool
I never saw it sad Scans anyone ?

Galan007
can't he just flew to the sky and burn the whole battlefield like he did in final crisis??burning a big "S" on the surface of a planet..how cool is that cool Didn't happen.

Slaanesh
i thought Prime was the one who burn that "S" in final crisis legion of three world...if galan007 say it didn't happen..maybe i was wrong embarrasment

Galan007
i thought Prime was the one who burn that "S" in final crisis legion of three world I don't recall him burning an S into the entire battlefield. Gog is notorious for that, though.

Slaanesh
ohh..that's not what i mean to say..i was just thinking..if he could burn the surface of a planet or moon with an "S" symbol that is big enough that it can be seen from space..he maybe able to burn the entire battlefield..

so..did prime burn that "S"???i'm getting confuse here..

Galan007
ohh..that's not what i mean to say..i was just thinking..if he could burn the surface of a planet or moon with an "S" symbol that is big enough that it can be seen from space..he maybe able to burn the entire battlefield..Okay, but what exactly would that do?

so..did prime burn that "S"???i'm getting confuse here.. Prime's burned a couple S's - but none on the scale you're talking about.

Slaanesh
Okay, but what exactly would that do?

Prime's burned a couple S's - but none on the scale you're talking about.

i don't know..burn Zoom to death maybe laughing

he didn't??damn..i need to go and read it again..but it's in my other PC sad

Enyalus
Just food for thought:

Damage has recently beaten/tagged/put in a chokehold Zoom by himself.

occultdestroyer
Zoom still is very nasty and uber fast -the fastest character out there?-.
No.
Per Degaton and any of the 3 Hourmans are faster.

Originally posted by Enyalus
Just food for thought:

CIS

Surtur
just food for thought:

Yeah and one time Wonder Woman snagged him in her lasso.

Doesn't change the fact that Zoom at his peak won't get tagged by prime.

I mean if we're gonna use weak feats, Prime was bleedin from punches from Bart and was terrified of the guy.

Also I'll point out Prime in no way shape or form is capable of causing changes to reality just off his own strength, the only reason that stuff happened was because he was punching in a specific place which caused reality to get messed with, it was not Prime's own power.

Galan007
Just food for thought:

Damage has recently beaten/tagged/put in a chokehold Zoom by himself. Meh. I wouldn't say one, or two lower showings outweigh the dozens of uber speed feats Zoom has..

Galan007

Leobama
There are characters out there faster than zoom? Dang! So how do they not merge with the speed force when they are at top speed?

Galan007
Zoom is the fastest single character in DC. By far.

Enyalus
Meh. I wouldn't say one, or two lower showings outweigh the dozens of uber speed feats Zoom has..

I know. stick out tongue I had to mention it though.

Prime wins, IMO. CIS is on. He can easily strike the ground hard enough to cause Zoom to slip and fall. It's normally how Flash ends up getting trashed.

Without CIS, Zoom wins.

Surtur
Originally posted by Leobama
There are characters out there faster than zoom? Dang! So how do they not merge with the speed force when they are at top speed?

There isn't a character in DC who is faster than him..in Marvel the only possibility would be the runner.

Although technically what he does isn't speed so if you wanted to be specific wally west would be the fastest..

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Leobama
Yes.
Per Degaton is a time manipulator. He has the power to control time itself. He can render everything around him motionless.
Only Hourman can counter his time control and tag him.

Endrict Nuul
They face each other. Who takes it?

What, is this a starring contest or something?

Galan007
Originally posted by Surtur
Although technically what he does isn't speed so if you wanted to be specific wally west would be the fastest.. Faster, is faster. Regardless of how it's achieved.

And in terms of speed, Zoom >> ALL.

Philosophía
There is absolutley nothing that makes me believe Zoom would be touched by Prime even once when both are operating at the best of their abilities. He is just simply too fast.

Now, if Zoom isn't able to put down Prime with the initial blitz, which is possible considering Prime's ridiculous durability, then Superboy might get airborne and there is almost nothing Zoom can do to hurt him in this situation, while Superboy could possibly go the 'destroy the planet route', similar to what he did in Countdown.

Mindset
Zoom is the fastest single character in DC. By far. Bart Allen was faster than him in speed, even beat him.

Philosophía
Bart Allen was faster than him in speed

We must have been watching different fights ..

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=10258284#post10258136

(read my reply to this post)

Mindset

Juk3n
I'm of the opinion that Prime wins. Zoom still is very nasty and uber fast -the fastest character out there?-.

The fastest character yes, which is why i find it weird you give sbp the win..
stalemate should be the real answer from a kmc battle point of view.
although there could be room for a bfr if Zoomba can trap/incapacitate SPB.

Dark-Jaxx
Couldn't SMP just fly in the sky and raze the entire battlefield with Heat Vision?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Couldn't SMP just fly in the sky and raze the entire battlefield with Heat Vision?

Ridiculously explained vibrating abilities would save the day.

fangirl101
Just food for thought:

No.

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101
No.

Yes. stick out tongue

Dark-Jaxx
Ridiculously explained vibrating abilities would save the day. And he would do this forever? Cause he would have to, under a yellow sun, SMP's stamina is virtually limitless.

Or, SMP could just destroy the planet. Can Zoom survive in space?

Enyalus
And he would do this forever? Cause he would have to, under a yellow sun, SMP's stamina is virtually limitless.

Or, SMP could just destroy the planet. Can Zoom survive in space?

Well, in order to destroy it, he's gotta be on the ground. And SMP doesn't seem very combat savvy. Plus he hates speedsters. He'd probably fight like an idiot and attempt to duke it out.

Galan007
Well, in order to destroy it, he's gotta be on the ground. And SMP doesn't seem very combat savvy. Plus he hates speedsters. He'd probably fight like an idiot and attempt to duke it out. Exactly.

Dark-Jaxx
Well, in order to destroy it, he's gotta be on the ground. And SMP doesn't seem very combat savvy. Plus he hates speedsters. He'd probably fight like an idiot and attempt to duke it out. Not really, he should be able to destroy it with Heatvision.

True, but then again my impression was always that CIS does not apply to vs. threads.

Bentley
CIS applies actually, they fight better due having better access to their passive abilities.

Enyalus
True, but then again my impression was always that CIS does not apply to vs. threads.

CIS applies, PIS doesn't.

IMO, he doesn't have the power to destroy the planet with HV.

Galan007
IMO, he doesn't have the power to destroy the planet with HV. It's more than just an opinion, it's fact. There are simply no feats which suggest Prime can destroy a planet with HV.

Philosophía
Actually, we are...

The fight you referenced in reply to Val, Bart was caught off guard and was fighting recklessly, like Zoom himself mentioned.

Zoom arrives. He separates Flash and Captain Cold. He doesn't continue his attack, and Bart attacks him, attacks which Zoom easily dodges. Only once he runs into his hand, does he get angry and thus sloppy and starts charging Zoom (which, again, easily dodges him and punch-blitzes him). They continue fighting, to the point where they vibrate through eachother, until Flash uses his intelligence, vibrates through the ground, and defeats Zoom with an attack he didn't see coming. Iris comes, she shoots tranquilizers at Bart, who catches them, with Zoom charging at him (by jumping, through the air, while telling Bart that he is there to help him) and Bart uses the tranqulizer and puts Zoom down.

Now, where exactly did Bart prove he was faster than Zoom ? Until they started vibrating through eachother, Zoom was easily handling him, and only got defeated because of the vibrating through the ground and dart tricks. All of this, while he was only trying to imobilize Bart and not actually hurt him.

So again, what ? smile

Mindset

Philosophía
facepalm

Normally, I'd start insulting you. But I'm too much of a good mood to do it.

Mindset
You couldn't come up with anything good anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.