Arcluce's Gallery

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arcluce
Here are a few signatures and Backgrounds (more coming soon):

Barker
wat

Arcluce
Some of my work is on photobucket. Just search for fanbladesuicide. Sorry for the incovenience, seeing how I'm not well known.

Arcluce
Here is my recent Signature:

guy222
nice

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Arcluce
Here is my recent Signature:

that one is good

Arcluce
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
that one is good

Thank you

I updated it, here it is..

Arcluce
Also I made this for a friend..

Arcluce
Killzone Background:

Tell me what you think of it..

Gannon
I would suggest never using our glow, bevel, etc for text. Simple, well placed text is usually the most effective.

Here's a good site for tutorials. This should help you gain some skills.

http://planetrenders.net/forums/index.php?showforum=81

Good luck. smile

Arcluce
Originally posted by Gannon
I would suggest never using our glow, bevel, etc for text. Simple, well placed text is usually the most effective.

Here's a good site for tutorials. This should help you gain some skills.

http://planetrenders.net/forums/index.php?showforum=81

Good luck. smile

I don't use tutorials, but thanks anyways..

Arcluce
New sig.. It was going to say The Countdown Has Begun.. But it felt out of place..http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/fanbladesuicide/Signatures/KnightSignaturenew.jpg

Arcluce
Replaced the text.. I felt that the text I had before hand felt off for some reason, but I don't know.. You Decide...

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/fanbladesuicide/Signatures/KnightSignaturenew-1.jpg

Arcluce
New sig, tell me what you think..

Arcluce
Fixed the issue with this sig.. Thanks for the advice Gannon, it does help to keep the text plain..

Arcluce
Moved and Added some text...

Marvelknight
I've been looking at your work, very nice indeed. Keep it coming.

starlock
Nice worksmile

I see great potential, want my advice?..... be it glowing text....bevelled..whatever...do want you want to do...just get better at it!,keep trying to improve...whatever method or style you are interested in...just keep practicing! ...make sigs the way you want to wink

Arcluce
Originally posted by Marvelknight
I've been looking at your work, very nice indeed. Keep it coming.

Thanks and I shall..

Originally posted by starlock
Nice worksmile

I see great potential, want my advice?..... be it glowing text....bevelled..whatever...do want you want to do...just get better at it!,keep trying to improve...whatever method or style you are interested in...just keep practicing! ...make sigs the way you want to wink

Thank you... I do agree with you, especially if the text blends in and goes with the sig by using any of those methods..

Arcluce
New background:

Arcluce
New signature.. Although I Altered the blade a long time ago..

Arcluce
Here is the final version

Arcluce
Here is another version..

DigiMark007
I don't use tutorials, but thanks anyways.

You should. Over time, they're the difference between average or mediocre do-it-yourself-ers and those who can approach professional levels. There's a certain plateau you'll never surpass otherwise. I'm not trying to be critical, just offer my advice. But your stuff is fairly good for being self taught.

Arcluce
Originally posted by DigiMark007
You should. Over time, they're the difference between average or mediocre do-it-yourself-ers and those who can approach professional levels. There's a certain plateau you'll never surpass otherwise. I'm not trying to be critical, just offer my advice. But your stuff is fairly good for being self taught.

Using tutorials is not original no matter how you put it.. Even if you mix a bunch of tutorials together in a way it's still not your own work.. No matter how much you say it is.. Unless you are the one who created the tutorial in the first place... There is a difference between good artists and great... Over a period of time my work will stand out from the rest, even if everything is self taught...

Here would be an example.. I take any computer business's pc, buy it, then I change a few things and call it my own..

Arcluce
New signature

DigiMark007
Using tutorials is not original no matter how you put it.. Even if you mix a bunch of tutorials together in a way it's still not your own work.. No matter how much you say it is.. Unless you are the one who created the tutorial in the first place... There is a difference between good artists and great... Over a period of time my work will stand out from the rest, even if everything is self taught...

But you didn't make Photoshop, or whatever program you use. You didn't make the images you use, or even parts of the backgrounds.

Where draw the line?

You don't have to come up with everything on your own to be original, and to find your own style. And you're handicapping yourself by not allowing yourself to be taught by those who have already gone through the same processes that you are. You might be able to envision something that is original, but lack the skills to do it. That's what tuts help with.

So would you never take a design class? An art or music class? I shudder to think what the greatest artists and musicians in history would have become (or not become) had they lacked instructional tools....usually in the form of teachers. Their work was their own, yes, but it was initially guided by those who could help them release their potential.

Marvelknight
I too, do not feel the need to use them. I only started making sigs, a little after I first joined KMC. It's was also the first time I really got to use PS. But When I first made this sig.....

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=10674593

I used a tutorial for the first and last time. I to tell the truth, it does help. But I too also feel that doing it your way and your style is the best way to do it. Keep it up, Arcluce. Maybe we can have a sig duel. smile

Arcluce
Originally posted by DigiMark007
But you didn't make Photoshop, or whatever program you use. You didn't make the images you use, or even parts of the backgrounds.

Where draw the line?

You don't have to come up with everything on your own to be original, and to find your own style. And you're handicapping yourself by not allowing yourself to be taught by those who have already gone through the same processes that you are. You might be able to envision something that is original, but lack the skills to do it. That's what tuts help with.

So would you never take a design class? An art or music class? I shudder to think what the greatest artists and musicians in history would have become (or not become) had they lacked instructional tools....usually in the form of teachers. Their work was their own, yes, but it was initially guided by those who could help them release their potential.

By the way, what do you mean that I don't create parts of the background?... I need examples.. For one I don't see what adobe photoshop has to do with this, it's just a program. First you must think of what makes a signature.. There needs to be a focal, sure I could make it myself, but what is the point.. Also, I still don't see how taking a class is even relevant. The class just gives you the basics and a tutorial is not the basics, it's basically taking someone elses work, changing a few things, with it and calling it your own.

Arcluce
Forget what I said....... lol Do whatever floats your boat... It depends on the tutorial per se... Some individuals will write a tutorial but it will only incorporate their style and it will have nothing to do with how to use the program, but how to create a signature like them. These are the tutorials that I refrain from, because if you used them it would not be your own work. So it all depends on what type of tutorial you are using or who's..

Arcluce
Then again in my opinion using any tutorial is still not your own work.. Maybe you are talking about Bill Gates the true artist, lmao... As I will say, using a program and following a tutorial are two different things. The tutorial explains how they did it... Taking that method and transforming it into something else is still not your own work. Being taught how to use a program or an instrument is entirely different then using a tutorial, because that tutorial is showing what they did.. It's like this you are taught how to play a song on an instrument and you keep on playing that song and calling it your own.. You can't do that, you didn't create the song.. The basics are the notes, not the song..

Maybe I should say my backgrounds are original and that's one of the reasons individuals use tutorials, because they want to enhance their background.. Hell, I will tell you that the render(s) and text that I use are not original..

Arcluce
Sorry for my triple + posting... I must add this.. using a tutorial showing how to operate or use a program is different then using a tutorial that shows how they created the image and or design..

I might have contradicted myself a million times, but I don't give a sh**, lol.. It happens...

P.S. I need to get my cards straight lol... Currently they are all in a large pile..lmao

Arcluce
New signature..

starlock
New signature..

Great sig...if i am right...also a great movie smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.