Can Cyberdefender prevent viruses from stealing ID information?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jill8beans2
I put Cyberdefender anti-virus about a year ago, and it has worked well in the sense that it seems to have prevented 2 virus infections and seems to clean out a trojan or malware once a week from my system. I got tired of the pop-ups telling me the features I would have if I got the paid version so I did and have been happy.

Now, I read that some viruses and trojans that you get, can accually find confidential personal ID information on you computer like SSN or credit card info, and send it to scammer who then can rip you off?

Is this true?

If so, is Cyberdefender enough protection?

Darth Jello
I don't think this belongs in this forum. but yeah, they can. I use AVG, Spybot, and a couple of other things. The main things you should do are not using personal information, ie paying bills on public computers, use WAP encryption for your wireless router (even if it does **** with your nintendo ds), use a firewall, and don't sign up for any kind of information sharing where a company tracks your internet use as part of "market research" to improve their products, especially if its windows vista.

occultdestroyer
I dunno. Looks like rogue-ware to me.

You're better off uninstalling Cyberdefender and look for other antivirus with a reputable name.

AVG, Avast or Antivir offer free versions. Any of them are good choices.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.