Superboy prime vs Genis vell (insane)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
who wins?

The Great Galen
Prime

Endrict Nuul
Gen

HueyFreeman
It would probably end the same way the fight with Monarch went.

skyfather
genis

Enyalus
Genis, 9/10.

Mindset
Originally posted by Enyalus
Genis, 9/10.

The Great Galen
Nah, blitz FTW prime takes it for the majority.

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Nah, blitz FTW prime takes it for the majority.

I suggest at least reading one Captain Marvel issue before you say such a stupid thing. He has travel superspeed, as evidenced by him zipping around the universe in seconds. And has combat superspeed, as evidenced by a lot of his fights.

The Great Galen
Genis has superspeed h2h.........

The Great Galen
I suggest at least reading one Captain Marvel issue before you say such a stupid thing. He has travel superspeed, as evidenced by him zipping around the universe in seconds. And has combat superspeed, as evidenced by a lot of his fights.

Supes travel speed has him instantly moving planets without the inhabitants noticing and managing to handling 3 flashes at once in a h2h situation.

Enyalus
Supes travel speed has him instantly moving planets without the inhabitants noticing and managing to handling 3 flashes at once in a h2h situation.

I'm aware. He was actually moving the planets at light speed, IIRC. Quite impressive.

The Great Galen
Genis beat king thor which isn't to bad, was it when Thor had the runes.

Endrict Nuul
SMP > RKT laughing

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
SMP > RKT laughing

Who said that?

Red Hulk
Genis beat king thor which isn't to bad, was it when Thor had the runes. Eh?

How do you even hear from anyone that Genis beat King Thor? I don't even know where you would get such an answer.
All they did was exchange blasts.

Enyalus
Genis beat king thor which isn't to bad, was it when Thor had the runes.

It was very brief, and it looked a lot like a stalemate. Thor didn't have the runes but did have the full Odinforce. He also one-shot killed the first Storm Giant (born from Surtur & Fenris) - who the Asgardians couldn't stop. He flew his brother into outer space before he could even react. He's vaporized demons with casual ease after he was done toying with them. He can fold space so that he disappears completely and reappear in another area of space entirely, instantaneously. And he controls starlight and photonic energy - which means he can blast Prime with a red solar radiation dose powerful enough to take down skyfather level beings already.

Oh. And he's got powerful shielding. Gotta be capable of holding off at least a few of Prime's hits.

The Great Galen
Perhaps, red solar energy doesn't really affect prime to the same degree it would as supes...who even then as good resistance. Anyhow genis is good, ill probably change it to 6/1- in favor of prime now.

Enyalus
Perhaps, red solar energy doesn't really affect prime to the same degree it would as supes...

Um, again - Prime was depowered instantly when he went through a red sun.

Zack Fair
Red Sun radiation didn't phase Prime in the original crisis. However since his return in Infinite Crisis it IS the one and pretty much only weakness he has.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Red Sun radiation didn't phase Prime in the original crisis. However since his return in Infinite Crisis it IS the one and pretty much only weakness he has.

It didn't affect any Kryptonians from Earth-Two either, did it? (I know Prime isn't from there, just wanted specification.) Something about those Kryptonians generating their own power internally, not from solar absorption.

xJLxKing
It didn't affect any Kryptonians from Earth-Two either, did it? (I know Prime isn't from there, just wanted specification.) Something about those Kryptonians generating their own power internally, not from solar absorption.
Bottom line is that they didn't get affected. I didn't see the last Infiniti So I don't much about it

iceman24567
I give prime the slight majority.

Mindset
Genis could bfr Prime pretty easily.

The Great Galen
Nah, prime 6/10

Red Hulk
Nah, prime 6/10 He couldn't BFR Prime easily?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Red Hulk
He couldn't BFR Prime easily?

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

The Great Galen
Man the fact that the argument is even brought is sad...

Red Hulk
Man the fact that the argument is even brought is sad... What argument?

Enyalus
Man the fact that the argument is even brought is sad...

He doesn't need to BFR him to win. That's just the quickest way. He can fold dimensional space, etc, to teleport. Can make light-generated duplicates to fool Prime, time travel at will, and shielding powerful enough hold off with one hand someone who punched Phyla-Vell into orbit. Prime would be lucky to touch him.

The Great Galen
Nah, prime's stats are enough to secure the victory IMO. Hey Genis is a good fight for sure, just don't see him taking the majority.

Enyalus
Nah, prime's stats are enough to secure the victory IMO. Hey Genis is a good fight for sure, just don't see him taking the majority.

Genis has killed the entire armadas of the Kree, Skrull, and Shi'ar by simply thinking really hard while he was insane. He's also killed Entropy, who is obviously abstract-level.

The Great Galen
Dude I know lol,and im not taking anything away from Genis by any means. I just don't see genis as being beyond the scope of what prime could handle.

Enyalus
Dude I know lol,and im not taking anything away from Genis by any means. I just don't see genis as being beyond the scope of what prime could handle.

I've got one:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_v4CM20-0021.jpg

Manipulation of any type of energy. In this case, heat. Bust Prime into a million pieces.

Endrict Nuul
I've got one:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_v4CM20-0021.jpg

Manipulation of any type of energy. In this case, heat. Bust Prime into a million pieces.

What comic is that from?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
What comic is that from?

Captain Marvel #20

Mrblonde
Genis

Galan007
Genis beat king thor No. He didn't. ermm

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
No. He didn't. ermm You must not have read the extended edition director's cut.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
You must not have read the extended edition director's cut. Been meaning to pick that up. thumb up

Ohh, and btw.... lulz @ this:Originally posted by Enyalus
He's also killed Entropy, who is obviously abstract-level.

Enyalus
Ohh, and btw.... lulz @ this:

Excuse you good sir!?

xJLxKing
They are both quite strong. I would give Durability, and strenght to SBP, but Speed, and versitility to Genis. I am gonna go with SMP if he is amped, if not the either a stalemate, or...

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
They are both quite strong. I would give Durability, and strenght to SBP, but Speed, and versitility to Genis. I am gonna go with SMP if he is amped, if not the either a stalemate, or...

Oh my god! A reasonable opinion from you!? I'm going to faint.

Mindset
ouch

Slaanesh
if Genis really did kill Entropy like people say he did..then i give this to Genis..if not..Prime take this..

xJLxKing
Oh my god! A reasonable opinion from you!? I'm going to faint.
...this means war tomcat

Enyalus
Originally posted by Slaanesh
if Genis really did kill Entropy like people say he did..then i give this to Genis..if not..Prime take this..

I posted the scans in a different thread. You can decide:

Everything happened exactly how I said it happened except for the 'accidentally' part. I misspoke. I meant that they were surprised by it. It didn't seem like any of them were expecting Entropy to become his father.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_CaptainMarvelI061.jpghttp://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_CaptainMarvel062.jpghttp://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_CaptainMarvel063.jpghttp://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_CaptainMarvel064.jpghttp://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_CaptainMarvel065.jpg

iceman24567
Prime wins

Galan007
Had Entropy not been willing to die, a mere blast from Genis' blaster simply would not have been sufficient to 'do the deed'. Hell, the only reason he and Entropy were able to destroy Eternity, is because Eternity wanted to die so...

I still think it's a cool feat. Just think it's been hyped up a bit too much.

Mindset
Well he said that couldn't have bound him had he not wanted them to. I doubt him not caring if he was destroyed lowered his durability.

Galan007
I doubt him not caring if he was destroyed lowered his durability. Eternity was already dying, iirc. Genis/Entropy merely exacerbated the process. It was like killing a child with cancer. none

Enyalus
Had Entropy not been willing to die, a mere blast from Genis' blaster simply would not have been sufficient to 'do the deed'.

You can't prove that one...But also, Entropy never, ever talks about wanting to die or dying at all. I don't know where that idea came from, but I've seen it alot on KMC. A lot like the hype surrounding him destroying the universe (which I agree, was overblown.)

iceman24567
All I learned from this thread is that Genis has no morals no expression

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
All I learned from this thread is that Genis has no morals no expression

'Course not. Hell, he offers to kill a kid at one point. Then he screws his Captain's mistress and tells him about it and that he'll never be able to satisfy her again after being with Genis, and offers to kill her, too.

He does a bunch of other WTF? things, too, but hey - I can't think right now.

Oh yeah - he gives a convicted serial killer and sociopath (killed 17 people) cosmic powers. What a prick.

Galan007
You can't prove that one...But also, Entropy never, ever talks about wanting to die or dying at all. I don't know where that idea came from, but I've seen it alot on KMC. You're misinterpreting my use of the word 'die'. I, of course, meant that Entropy allowed Genis to shoot him in the head for the sake of creation. In so doing, Genis didn't kill Entropy per se - he merely transformed it into a new concept .

Mindset
Eternity was already dying, iirc. Genis/Entropy merely exacerbated the process. It was like killing a child with cancer. none lmao sure thing Galan

So I guess any schmuck could kill Eternity because he is already dying...

iceman24567
Yeah Genis is fairly entertaining what an ass.

Enyalus
You're misinterpreting my use of the word 'die'. I, of course, meant that Entropy allowed Genis to shoot him in the head for the sake of creation. In so doing, Genis didn't kill Entropy per se - he merely transformed it into a new concept .

Entropy doesn't understand how to become another concept. It seems he is taken by surprise when Genis shoots him. And it is still Genis' power which one-shots him. Entropy also didn't know he'd become Eternity. I don't think Epiphany knew, either.

I can see what you're saying...but the bottom line is that it was still Genis' power which 'killed' an abstract-level being. With one hit.

Enyalus
lmao sure thing Galan

So I guess any schmuck could kill Eternity because he is already dying...

I totally missed the part where Eternity was ill in the first place - but whatever Galan says, I guess. stick out tongue

Galan007
lmao sure thing Galan

So I guess any schmuck could kill Eternity because he is already dying... Didn't say that. Just said that it's nowhere near as impressive as if, say, Eternity wouldn't have already been weak, and had actively been trying to prevent it's death

Mindset
No one knew Entropy would become Eternity, Entropy didn't know he was going to transform, he merely wanted to create something.

Galan007
I can see what you're saying...but the bottom line is that it was still Genis' power which 'killed' an abstract-level being. With one hit. But it didn't really 'kill' anything, if you think about it. Just transformed it. A process which Entropy was willing to accept.

I totally missed the part where Eternity was ill in the first place - but whatever Galan says, I guess. stick out tongue Read the preceding story . I'm pretty sure Eternity was already dying, or somesuch. Could be wrong.

Mindset
Didn't say that. Just said that it's nowhere near as impressive as if, say, Eternity wouldn't have already been weak, and had actively been trying to prevent it's death Except Eternity wasn't weak and I'm not sure where you are getting that he was.

Him fighting back would have prevented him from being bound by Entropy, that says nothing about them not having the power to destroy him.

Galan007
Except Eternity wasn't weak and I'm not sure where you are getting that he was. Could have sworn Eternity was dying and if he was, we can logically assume he wouldn't have been at full power imo.

Mindset
Could have sworn Eternity was dying and if he was, we can logically assume he wouldn't have been at full power imo. From the time the universe is formed Eternity is dying.

That doesn't mean Eternity was weak when they killed him.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CaptainMarvelIV05p22.jpg

Galan007
From the time the universe is formed Eternity is dying.

That doesn't mean Eternity was weak when they killed him.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CaptainMarvelIV05p22.jpg Meh, post the scans where those 2 actually see Eternity. I think it's mentioned there.

Enyalus
But it didn't really 'kill' anything, if you think about it. Just transformed it. A process which Entropy was willing to accept.

Okay - Genis provided the power to start a new Big Bang. How's that one sound?

Read the preceding story . I'm pretty sure Eternity was already dying, or somesuch. Could be wrong.

I'm not gonna knock you much. smile After all the stuff I don't remember correctly. But no, Eternity was not weakened. Entropy merely tells Genis that eventually the universe will end. And he'd rather do it now. And wants Genis' help.

Before that, though, Genis unleashes a 'Primal Scream' - "They hear his scream everywhere...everywhere. It's a Primal Scream. Happens every now and then when a truly cosmic being gets his knickers in a twist. It killed the dinosaurs, made humanity afraid of the dark, and annihilated half of Europe in the guise of the Black Plague. Cuts to the core of everything that is and was and will be."

So there you have it - Genis at that point was a 'truly cosmic being' ....abstract level?

Mindset
Doesn't say anything besides who Eternity is, but:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CaptainMarvelIV05p22.jpg

Mindset

Okay - Genis provided the power to start a new Big Bang. How's that one sound?

I'm not gonna knock you much. smile After all the stuff I don't remember correctly. But no, Eternity was not weakened. Entropy merely tells Genis that eventually the universe will end. And he'd rather do it now. And wants Genis' help.

Before that, though, Genis unleashes a 'Primal Scream' - "They hear his scream everywhere...everywhere. It's a Primal Scream. Happens every now and then when a truly cosmic being gets his knickers in a twist. It killed the dinosaurs, made humanity afraid of the dark, and annihilated half of Europe in the guise of the Black Plague. Cuts to the core of everything that is and was and will be."

So there you have it - Genis at that point was a 'truly cosmic being' ....abstract level? http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CaptainMarvelIV05p16.jpg cool

Galan007
Okay - Genis provided the power to start a new Big Bang. How's that one sound? Genis' gun = a big bang? lol, okay! thumb up

I'm not gonna knock you much. smile After all the stuff I don't remember correctly. But no, Eternity was not weakened. Entropy merely tells Genis that eventually the universe will end. And he'd rather do it now. And wants Genis' help. Hmm, like I said I could be wrong, I just though there was something about Eternity dying somewhere in there... Meh, I'll look tomorrow if I remember.

So there you have it - Genis at that point was a 'truly cosmic being' ....abstract level? Abstract level? Because he was responsible for a few earth-based scourges throughout time? C'mon. ermm

Enyalus
Abstract level? Because he was responsible for a few earthly scourges throughout time? C'mon. ermm

Uh. It says everywhere. And it 'cuts to the core of everything that is and was and will be.' The fact that it listed stuff that happened on Earth was obviously for reference.

It affected everything.

And - Genis' gun is powered by his energies. stick out tongue He kicked Hemidal's (sp?) ass with it.

Galan007
Uh. It says everywhere. And it 'cuts to the core of everything that is and was and will be.' The fact that it listed stuff that happened on Earth was obviously for reference.

It affected everything. *sighs*

iceman24567
I would not say Genis is abstract level

Enyalus
*sighs*

Look, just admit that 1) Genis is great, and 2) you love me.

We can then move on.

john allerdyce
LMAO @ the genis wankfest.

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
I would not say Genis is abstract level

The period that he is commonly perceived of as Insane, I might be inclined to agree.

I think that Photon was his most powerful incarnation, and when he merges with his older self is his second most powerful. Technically, he's still crazy during those versions, but no one thinks of him that way.

Galan007
Look, just admit that 1) Genis is great, and 2) you love me.

We can then move on. 1) = no
2) = buttpoke

Mindset
Originally posted by john allerdyce
LMAO @ the genis wankfest. Hope this post isn't directed at me you little punk eek!

Red Hulk
pwned!

Mr Master
Eternity was never weak during the Insane arc,
but he did want to die.

Regardless, it still took the power of Genis & Entropy to obliterate all that creation,
because it's not like Eternity assisted them in any way shape or form,
and all that space-time is the entire Marvelverse.

And lastly again, the arc alludes to Genis doing most of the work,
not to mention that out of all the beings in existence,
Entropy only came to Genis for help.

Genis initiated the next Big Bang, (like the spark)
but it was the energies contained within Entropy that actually re-created the Marvelverse.

Knowsbleed33
Most of what is said here I must've missed. I remember Entropy not understanding the concept of creation after Rick Jones suggesting it to him. I never got the impression that no one knew or suspected that Entropy would become Eternity after he recreated everything.

Also, I'm with Mr. M here. Who knows to what extent Genis really played in destroying and then recreating everything. The destroying part is exceptionally vague.

Oh and I'll take insane Genis ftw. He was beastly.

Mindset
Why would anyone think Entropy would become Eternity after Genis shot him in the head?

Knowsbleed33
Because Eternity can't come from no where?

Mindset
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Because Eternity can't come from no where? That doeesn't make sense, none of the abstracts came from no where, they were all created, with that reasoning Entropy could have become Infinity or just stayed as Entropy.

Well anyway, here's the scan, they didn't know until it happened.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CaptainMarvelIV06p16-1.jpg

Knowsbleed33
Ok, where are you getting they didn't know from that scan? It seems Epiphany knew immediately seeing as that was the first scan on the next page after it all happened.

Also, how can they tell that was Entropy just by looking at him?

Mindset
Ok, where are you getting they didn't know from that scan? It seems Epiphany knew immediately seeing as that was the first scan on the next page after it all happened.

Also, how can they tell that was Entropy just by looking at him? Let's see, there were four people, after Genis shot Entropy he was gone and Eternity was there, it was pretty obvious what happened.

I doubt Genis would say he got it if he already knew Etropy would become Eternity.

If you read the comic it's pretty apparent they did not know what was going to happen, Entropy didn't even know what to do after he had killed Eternity.

Knowsbleed33
I didn't say they knew what was going to happen but it was apparent they knew exactly what happened to Entropy.

Mr Master

Also, I'm with Mr. M here.
Who knows to what extent Genis really played in destroying
and then recreating everything. The destroying part is exceptionally vague.
Well, we do know that Genis did most of the work in the destroying part,
(at-least that's what the arc alludes)
as for the creation part, Genis initiated the process by blasting Entropy,
but it was Entropy's energies that did the actual creating.

Ok, where are you getting they didn't know from that scan?
It seems Epiphany knew immediately
seeing as that was the first scan on the next page after it all happened.
Neither Genis, Rick or Epiphany knew Entropy would become Eternity.
They did however obviously realize it after the fact.

Also, how can they tell that was Entropy just by looking at him?
Because it happened right before their eyes.

One moment there's absolute uniformity (only Entropy)
then Genis blasts Entropy,
and now there's chaos & order again, and Entropy is gone.

Also, they did know Entropy would create the next Marvelverse,
but they didn't know Entropy would literally become the next Marvelverse.

Mindset
I didn't say they knew what was going to happen but it was apparent they knew exactly what happened to Entropy.

I never got the impression that no one knew or suspected that Entropy would become Eternity after he recreated everything.

Of course they knew after it had happened, it was staring them right in the face.

Before hand they did not.

Knowsbleed33
Then why, in the next panel, are they saying it's Entropy?

Mindset
Then why, in the next panel, are they saying it's Entropy? Because they were right there when it happened, they were witness to creation.

Also it wasn't the next panel or page.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.