Ryu vs. Master Chief

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SmashBro
Ryu walks around and...ends up running into Master Chief and challenges him. lol

Does Ryu have what it takes to beat Master Chief? Or will the big bad Spartan prove to be too much for the Wandering Warrior?

And no weapons. Just pure hand-to-hand kombat.

Nemesis X
For some reason, I feel really annoyed right now.

NonSensi-Klown
Pure hand to hand?

Dunno. What's Ryu's best strength and durability feats? I know shit about Street Fighter.

Dark-Jaxx
Pure H2H?

Ryu would fare alot better than Kang or Scorpion(which we all know is the reason you made this), actually being able to tank MC's hits, and being able to avoid them, but I am not sure if his speed is quite up to par with MC's(both can dodge bullets, but only MC has been shown to see them in "slow motion"wink, and he has not shown to be as strong, though he is more skilled.

So I would say MC more times than not would win.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Pure H2H?

Ryu would fare alot better than Kang or Scorpion(which we all know is the reason you made this), actually being able to tank MC's hits, and being able to avoid them,

And I kind of knew you'd make stuff up just to make Ryu look better than Liu Kang and Scorpion too.

but I am not sure if his speed is quite up to par with MC's(both can dodge bullets, but only MC has been shown to see them in "slow motion"wink, and he has not shown to be as strong, though he is more skilled.

So I would say MC more times than not would win.

You should have just said that from the start (referring to the last part).

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by SmashBro
And I kind of knew you'd make stuff up just to make Ryu look better than Liu Kang and Scorpion too.

How is it "making stuff up" if neither Kang nor Scorpion can't dodge nor tank any of MC's hits? He'd kill either of them in one or two hits, and moves faster than both of them. According to even you, Scorpion would only have a chance if he basked in the nether realm's energy for god knows how long.

SmashBro
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
How is it "making stuff up" if neither Kang nor Scorpion can't dodge nor tank any of MC's hits? He'd kill either of them in one or two hits, and moves faster than both of them. According to even you, Scorpion would only have a chance if he basked in the nether realm's energy for god knows how long.

It's "making stuff up" when someone claims that Ryu can somehow take and avoid hits from Cheif. You see, I got no problem admitting that Liu Kang and Scorpion would lose to Chief but I can also admit that Ryu won't fare any better and that's something any honest person would admit. We know darn well that even if Ryu can dodge bullets, Cheif is still faster, based on what Jaxx said. Now saying all of that other stuff, you need COLD HARD proof for that...and no excuses this time.

NonSensi-Klown
Well, I don't know Ryu's feats, so I can' t comment on that.

KN7JL3
Ryu's best strength feat was lifting a boulder which is believed to be about as heavy as a tank for hours (though I personally believe it averaged about 100 tons, according to something I read/saw). If I'm not mistaken Chief can flip tanks without too much effort. Ryu's durability feats are bleeding by glass bottles from Street Fighter Alpha the movie (although that probably shouldn't count as a feat stick out tongue). That's a bit on Ryu's strength/durability as someone politely asked. Master Chief survived entrance into the Earth's atmosphere, and has a somewhat better reaction feat. I say he wins.

Man of Violence
...Ryu, it MIGHT be a good fight tho.

Man, do i love killin' peeps wit my bare hads in Halo tho. Sneak up behind'im and....WATAH!!!! laughing

NonSensi-Klown
Ryu wins, based upon... what?

Man of Violence
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Ryu wins, based upon... what? He can lift boulders that weigh several tons. He can dodge bullets. His Hadoukens when going all out can vape people and wreck sky scrappers but it's foolish of me to make a sure comment, I've never played a single campaign. I just play the hell outta Halo wit my buds when I get the chance. So MC could be better, does he have any feats?

Zack Fair
WTF no way Ryu was holding 100 tons with that boulder.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by KN7JL3
(though I personally believe it averaged about 100 tons, according to something I read/saw). Huh? no expression

*Ignores Smashbro's fanboyish rant about how much he suxxorz compared to me*

Oh and Blax, Ryu in canon has tanked punches from Gouki, who is at least in MC's lifting range level and his superior in strike force.

So yeah, he can take some of MC's punches.

But due to being most likely slower, not as strong(unless what this guy just said is true...In which case he is stronger), and still not conclusively more durable, I would say MC wins.

Ya see Smashbro, I can accept it when a character I like loses. smile

And MoV, MC can flip tanks, putting him at least class 60, he sees bullets in slow motion, and survived fairly easily falling from lower orbit.

Nemesis X
Chief won't even feel any of Ryu's punches because he fell from orbit and didn't feel any pain at all when he crash landed. Seriously, how is Ryu gonna hurt this guy?

Dark-Jaxx
When KN7JL3 gets back I'll tell you...

If it was really confirmed that Ryu lifted 100 tons by Capcom...Then he lifted 100 tons. Which would make him stronger than Chief.

SmashBro
Huh? no expression

*Ignores Smashbro's fanboyish rant about how much he suxxorz compared to me*

Yeah sure, ignore the very post that ask for proof.no expression

Oh and Blax, Ryu in canon has tanked punches from Gouki, who is at least in MC's lifting range level and his superior in strike force.

So yeah, he can take some of MC's punches.

huh...That didn't really prove anything, Jaxx.

But due to being most likely slower, not as strong(unless what this guy just said is true...In which case he is stronger), and still not conclusively more durable, I would say MC wins.

Ya see Smashbro, I can accept it when a character I like loses. smile

Right. You just don't accept that they don't have a chance.

Man of Violence

And MoV, MC can flip tanks, putting him at least class 60, he sees bullets in slow motion, and survived fairly easily falling from lower orbit. WTF?! 99% of this forum said MC would lose to Samus in H2H, how the phuck will he lose wit showins like that?

He's good enough to beat Ryu wit stuff like that.

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah sure, ignore the very post that ask for proof.no expression

That didn't really prove anything, Jaxx. no expression

Right. You just don't accept that they don't have a chance. 1. Proof for what? You want me to prove Ryu lifted a boulder and fought Gouki? Seriously?

2. Gouki lifted a sunken ship while leaping 1,000 meters, and did so while on the bottom of the ocean and leaped above the surface, and destroyed an island with a punch(but I will concede that he may not have been hitting Ryu with that much force)...What the hell do you want me to prove?

3. Difference is Ryu is far stronger than Scorpion or Liu Kang, and actually has some feats to suggest he can last longer than them, but probably not win.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Man of Violence
WTF?! 99% of this forum said MC would lose to Samus in H2H, how the phuck will he lose wit showins like that?

He's good enough to beat Ryu wit stuff like that. Well I wasn't even aware people said that...What has she done in H2H to rival that?

SmashBro
1. Proof for what? You want me to prove Ryu lifted a boulder and fought Gouki? Seriously?

2. Gouki lifted a sunken ship while leaping 1,000 meters, and did so while on the bottom of the ocean and leaped above the surface, and destroyed an island with a punch(but I will concede that he may not have been hitting Ryu with that much force)...What the hell do you want me to prove?

3. Difference is Ryu is far stronger than Scorpion or Liu Kang, and actually has some feats to suggest he can last longer than them, but probably not win.

1. You said Ryu can take Cheif's hits yet you provided no proof of such a thing. That's obviously what I was referring to.

2. This isn't about Gouki, this is about Ryu and you just admitted that you're not too sure how strong those punches were...so I guess I was right.

3. Umm...Scorpion is stronger than Ryu. As matter of fact, out of the three, Scorpion has actually to have more of chance of damaging Chief.

Nemesis X
Ryu is stronger than Scorpion? What the f**k?

Dark-Jaxx
1. You said Ryu can take Cheif's hits yet you provided no proof of such a thing. That's obviously what I was referring to.

2. This isn't about Gouki, this is about Ryu and you just admitted that you're not too sure how strong those punches were...so I guess I was right.

3. Umm...Scorpion is stronger than Ryu. As matter of fact, out of the three, Scorpion has actually to have more of chance of damaging Chief. 1. He took Gouki's hits. Who hits harder than Chief. Now, did he hit him with an island buster punch? No, he may not of hit him that hard. But Chief cannot hit with 1/100 that much force. Now, I personally believe that there is no proof at all that Gouki held back...Considering he was stalemated.

2. About what? That Ryu would be KOed in one punch? No, you were not, oh, and you are basically admitting this is a spite thread. I should report this. Idiot.

3. O RLY? Any evidence for this? Show me a comparable lifting feat of Scorpion's comparable to Ryu's to prove he is as strong then. smile

Or are you basing it off the Onaga bullshit where Scorpion was amped by the Elder Gods? You know, the event that never happened?

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Ryu is stronger than Scorpion? What the f**k? Ryu could physically man-handle Goro by feats. smile

Zack Fair
When KN7JL3 gets back I'll tell you...

If it was really confirmed that Ryu lifted 100 tons by Capcom...Then he lifted 100 tons. Which would make him stronger than Chief.

I will lose faith in humanity if they make Ryu a class 100.

SmashBro
1. He took Gouki's hits. Who hits harder than Chief. Now, did he hit him with an island buster punch? No, he may not of hit him that hard. But Chief cannot hit with 1/100 that much force. Now, I personally believe that there is no proof at all that Gouki held back...Considering he was stalemated.

2. About what? That Ryu would be KOed in one punch? No, you were not, oh, and you are basically admitting this is a spite thread. I should report this. Idiot.

3. O RLY? Any evidence for this? Show me a comparable lifting feat of Scorpion's comparable to Ryu's to prove he is as strong then. smile

Or are you basing it off the Onaga bullshit where Scorpion was amped by the Elder Gods? You know, the event that never happened?

1. It's common knowledge that he holds back all the time, that's why he wasn't Shin Akuma. no expression

2. No I didn't say that, idiot. Stop making up stuff I never said. I never said it was a stomp. If this really was a spite thread, I wouldn't be asking for proof.

3. *Putting on a Dark Jaxx act* But it shows canon abilities. laughing

And the only reason it didn't happen is because Scorpion never got to fight Onaga. It wasn't contradicted by what actually happened in the storyline either.

Dark-Jaxx
1. It's common knowledge that he holds back all the time, that's why he wasn't Shin Akuma. no expression

2. No I didn't, idiot. And stop making up stuff I never said. I never said it was a stomp. If this really was a spite thread, I wouldn't be asking for proof.

3. *Putting on a Dark Jaxx act* But it shows canon abilities. laughing

And the only reason it didn't happen is because Scorpion never got to fight him. It wasn't contradict by what actually happened in the storyline either. 1. He wasn't Shin when he destroyed the island either, I was saying that I don't know why it should be assumed he pulled his punches.

2. "Right. You just don't accept that they don't have a chance."

A blatant implication that you made this thread under the thought that Ryu had no chance, and then...

"And I kind of knew you'd make stuff up just to make Ryu look better than Liu Kang and Scorpion too"

Another blatant implication that you made this thread in response to the similar threads with Kang and Scorpion, and were hoping for a response from me.

Now you can man-up and admit that this is a spite thread, or you can deny it like a filthy maggot. Your choice.

3. Not when the character has an amp it does not.

Not to mention, Onaga has never shown considerable blunt-force durability.

SmashBro
1. He wasn't Shin when he destroyed the island either, I was saying that I don't know why it should be assumed he pulled his punches.

2. "Right. You just don't accept that they don't have a chance."

A blatant implication that you made this thread under the thought that Ryu had no chance, and then...

"And I kind of knew you'd make stuff up just to make Ryu look better than Liu Kang and Scorpion too"

Another blatant implication that you made this thread in response to the similar threads with Kang and Scorpion, and were hoping for a response from me.

Now you can man-up and admit that this is a spite thread, or you can deny it like a filthy maggot. Your choice.

3. Not when the character has an amp it does not.

Not to mention, Onaga has never shown considerable blunt-force durability.

1. Because he's not Shin. And he didn't use any of his death moves on Ryu either.

2. That was said after the list of feats were given and after I asked for proof. At that time (and still is), none of the feats for Ryu were shown to be more impressive than Chief.

As for the second quote, I wasn't "hoping" for a response from you but knew that if you did, you'd be the first to mention Scorpion and Liu Kang to make Ryu look better (which you got a habit of doing quite often with SF characters). They weren't brought up until you mentioned them.

You think I'm a filthy maggot for denying your false accusations? Crazy dude.

3. Yes it does.

Why the heck should it matter if he took blunt force when he's took a huge explosion?

bloodlust247
Ryu wins.. he got the dark ha-doe (however you spell it).. and he's lasted a few rounds with Akuma.. who's feats include splitting an entire island in half

SmashBro
Originally posted by bloodlust247
Ryu wins.. he got the dark ha-doe (however you spell it).. and he's lasted a few rounds with Akuma.. who's feats include splitting an entire island in half

You gotta do better than that. Simply lasting a few rounds against someone who is holding back or having an evil version (with no feats other than scarring someone) is not enough.

KN7JL3
Someone (Classic NES) posted a real-life picture of a boulder averaging 300 tons, and by the looks of it it seemed double the size of Ryu's, so that is why I came to the conclusion a boulder the size of Ryu's is roughly about 100 tons (it could be more, or less) and as usual, no specifics are given.

Demolishing skyscrapers is something Ryu using the Dark Hadou did. Does thread mention Evil Ryu? I think not. Akuma never punched Ryu with as much force he used to demolish his island because as said before, Ryu bled by a bottle. Most SF supporters claim SFA the movie show canon traits so, let's use it.

7:272GJGJnvnx9M

And in case I hear this later on, Ryu being weary doesn't make him less durable.

Sado22
and look at 2:22 where teh godly hadouken barely does any damage to the ground laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

KN7JL3
It was shot as a single ball not a beam...but I'm not sure if Ansatsuken warriors can canonically shoot beams. I think they can. Secondly Ryu wasn't charging it for long, and most of the time there are inconsistencies in fiction, but this you probably already know.

Sado22
for one, the SFA anime depicts how they would fight (that being the anti-gravity totally fake BS that they are pulling off). canonically, according to Capcom themselves, ryu's hadouken feels like being by a well placed kick. that's the canon depiction and UDON comics show just that. also the amount of charging he did is about as much as he does normally. it was a regular hadouken. period.
second, you are right: they can't do beam attacks something confirmed by Tiamat himself after Saiki conducted an interview with Capcom.
third, hadouken can't vaporize people. according to Capcom the strongest hadouken is Ryu's and that feels like being hit by a kick.

~Sado

KN7JL3
Well this shows Ryu destroyed some dude's arms and they can shoot beams after all...therefore something contradicts.

1:00MGm6ZReVC7YOriginally posted by bloodlust247
Ryu wins.. he got the dark ha-doe (however you spell it).. and he's lasted a few rounds with Akuma.. who's feats include splitting an entire island in half I don't think Ryu can use dark hadou this time around.

As for the fight between the two, it's mysterious, so it doesn't matter how far up Akuma is.

Sado22
...........the fact that SFA anime is NONcanon. duh.

Kirikaze Fuuma
I can't understand why so many people says SFA shows canon ability since hadouken's effects was looks exaggerated and I can't found any sources in google about this anime shows canon ability.

Sado22
cuz it doesn't. the direct interview said that SFA shows how they would fight without in-game mechanics. it said nothing about disintegrating hadoukens. it was talkling about ryu and the other guys defying gravity and all that bullshite that they were pulling off. UDON comics are canonical in depiction and there the hadouken barely knocks people off their feet....which is what it canonically can do.

~Sado

Kirikaze Fuuma
so, SF characters such as Ryu can "defy gravity"?! blink

whatever. finally capcom shows how they really fight with their SF trailer. I can use that as my source right now.

bloodlust247
Originally posted by Sado22
cuz it doesn't. the direct interview said that SFA shows how they would fight without in-game mechanics. it said nothing about disintegrating hadoukens. it was talkling about ryu and the other guys defying gravity and all that bullshite that they were pulling off. UDON comics are canonical in depiction and there the hadouken barely knocks people off their feet....which is what it canonically can do.

~Sado

the UDON comics are not canon

Dark-Jaxx
They show canon capabilities of the characters, as confirmed by UDON and supported by Capcom.

Dark-Jaxx
1. Because he's not Shin. And he didn't use any of his death moves on Ryu either.

2. That was said after the list of feats were given and after I asked for proof. At that time (and still is), none of the feats for Ryu were shown to be more impressive than Chief.

As for the second quote, I wasn't "hoping" for a response from you but knew that if you did, you'd be the first to mention Scorpion and Liu Kang to make Ryu look better (which you got a habit of doing quite often with SF characters). They weren't brought up until you mentioned them.

You think I'm a filthy maggot for denying your false accusations? Crazy dude.

3. Yes it does.

Why the heck should it matter if he took blunt force when he's took a huge explosion? 1. You didn't actually read what I said, did you? I said Gouki was not Shin when fighting Ryu, now this is true. It is also true that he was not Shin when he destroyed the island. Why assume that Gouki did not hit Ryu as hard as he did the island? And Gouki didn't use death moves? Based on what? And he did not have alot of death moves at that point.

2. I listed the feats, but once again, what do you want me to prove? That Ryu fought Gouki and has been punched by him? I mean really dude.

Oh yeah, you totally made this thread because you thought it was a good fight and not because in the similar Kang and Scorpion fights almost everyone agreed that Kang and Scorpion lose, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Who the hell are you kidding dude?

Yeah, I would say you are a filthy maggot. smile

3. Lul wut? So even thought Scorpion for that ending was AMPED, we should take it as a feat for normal Scorpion? erm

Because they are different.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by KN7JL3
Someone (Classic NES) posted a real-life picture of a boulder averaging 300 tons, and by the looks of it it seemed double the size of Ryu's, so that is why I came to the conclusion a boulder the size of Ryu's is roughly about 100 tons (it could be more, or less) and as usual, no specifics are given.

Demolishing skyscrapers is something Ryu using the Dark Hadou did. Does thread mention Evil Ryu? I think not. Akuma never punched Ryu with as much force he used to demolish his island because as said before, Ryu bled by a bottle. Most SF supporters claim SFA the movie show canon traits so, let's use it.

7:272GJGJnvnx9M

And in case I hear this later on, Ryu being weary doesn't make him less durable. Under what basis is said anime canon, and that is not blunt force damage, but piercing damage, and as gay as this is, a great example is Wonderwoman, who can take a punch from Superman, but who is injured by bullets.

Well actually, about the boulder, wasn't it confirmed to be as heavy as a tank?

bloodlust247
They show canon capabilities of the characters, as confirmed by UDON and supported by Capcom.
actually the writer's have said that they tried following Capcom's canon and mixing it with their own story lines.. and Capcom stated that what's more impressive is that the stories are even influencing Capcom canon.. that doesn't mean that they are in any way 100% or even 85% canon

Dark-Jaxx
UDON stated that both personality and ability-wise they are canon.

And obviously, based on what you just said, Capcom approves.

bloodlust247
well if UDON is canon ability-wise then according to UDON that would mean that Pyron is the most powerful in the Capcom universe and Morrigan (if not separated) would have evolved passed S class into something similar to him.. which in turn would mean that Pyron is basically beyond S class

Dark-Jaxx
well if UDON is canon ability-wise then according to UDON that would mean that Pyron is the most powerful in the Capcom universe and Morrigan (if not separated) would have evolving passed S class into something similar to him.. which in turn would mean that Pyron is basically beyond S class Funny thing about that is based on feats, he is. Based on what both have done, Pyron's full power is greater than Belial.

Except the Morrigan thing, that was only speculation, and was not really an aspect of her character.

Sado22
read what i typed again no expression
no seriously

bloodlust247
then why were you arguing with me over Demitri being able to destroy Jedah.. Jedah is an S class and we already know that Belial was S+ and could have killed him with one shot.. and Demitri absorbed Pyron who was stronger than or close to Belial in power.. and that's why after defeating him.. it says that Demitri was now confident he could defeat Belial.. so him defeating Jedah doesn't seem very difficult at all

Sado22
confused

Dark-Jaxx
then why were you arguing with me over Demitri being able to destroy Jedah.. Jedah is an S class and we already know that Belial was S+ and could have killed him with one shot.. and Demitri absorbed Pyron who was stronger than or close to Belial in power.. and that's why after defeating him.. it says that Demitri was now confident he could defeat Belial.. so him defeating Jedah doesn't seem very difficult at all Because he never absorbed or fought Pyron at full power.

He did so to a self-weakened mortal form.

Hell, the gap between Jedah and Belial is not as great as some would have you believe either.

And Demitri has been confident he could defeat Belial before.

He was one-shot.

bloodlust247
Because he never absorbed or fought Pyron at full power.

He did so to a self-weakened mortal form.

Hell, the gap between Jedah and Belial is not as great as some would have you believe either.

And Demitri has been confident he could defeat Belial before.

He was one-shot.
nowhere in the canon does it say that Pyron weakened himself or fought in mortal form..

and you can't just make up shit like "Hell, the gap between Jedah and Belial is not as great as some would have you believe either".. where did you get this info from.. because according to the official canon Belial could kill Jedah with one move.. i mean what are you from the Makai.. do you know some special info that we don't

and where does it state Demitri was confident.. all it says is he was an upstart who challenged Belial.. it doesn't tell us anything else about what lead up to it or anything like that..

here's the canon guide.. http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/583725/25007

bloodlust247
that's what i meant in the other thread about you picking and choosing.. the canon is the canon.. if you're not going to use it then don't use it at all.. don't pick what parts you like and try to change the parts you don't

SmashBro
1. You didn't actually read what I said, did you? I said Gouki was not Shin when fighting Ryu, now this is true. It is also true that he was not Shin when he destroyed the island. Why assume that Gouki did not hit Ryu as hard as he did the island? And Gouki didn't use death moves? Based on what? And he did not have alot of death moves at that point.

2. I listed the feats, but once again, what do you want me to prove? That Ryu fought Gouki and has been punched by him? I mean really dude.

Oh yeah, you totally made this thread because you thought it was a good fight and not because in the similar Kang and Scorpion fights almost everyone agreed that Kang and Scorpion lose, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Who the hell are you kidding dude?

Yeah, I would say you are a filthy maggot. smile

3. Lul wut? So even thought Scorpion for that ending was AMPED, we should take it as a feat for normal Scorpion? erm

Because they are different.

1. Gouki could do the Shun Goku Satsu, but did he do that? No he didn't. And it's obvious Gouki wasn't fighting his hardest because he was just testing Ryu and the fact that he's not Shin also shows he was just holding back. Plus, we know he's stronger than Ryu anyway so talking like you know how hard Gouki punched Ryu is BS.

2. I posted this fight because I wanted to see who WOULD win, just like alot of other people do with topics. And the only similarity is that it's Master Chief fighting a fighting game character, that's it.

3. Just like how the Netherrealm powers Scorpion up, the Elder Gods powers him up. I mean, it's not like he got new abilities or something.

Someone who can take an explosion like the one Raiden make must also have high blunt-force durability as well. I know they're different but that doesn't mean his blunt-force durability is extremely low.

KN7JL3
Originally posted by Sado22
...........the fact that SFA anime is NONcanon. duh. But you said it depicts canonical abilities. blink

They show canon capabilities of the characters, as confirmed by UDON and supported by Capcom. Can you post the interview or whatever proof there is of this, for all the eager people to see? I think it's no surprise that for as long as I've been on this site, I haven't seen once, evidence of Udon abilities being genuinely canon. By the way, just want to point out abilities being similar to what they can do isn't genuinely (100%) canon.

Under what basis is said anime canonFans who are "always right." no expression

and that is not blunt force damage, but piercing damage, and as gay as this is, a great example is Wonderwoman, who can take a punch from Superman, but who is injured by bullets.Example doesn't apply. Watch it again, it's blunt force damage. They didn't pierce Ryu with broken glass. They wacked him with the bottle. The sound of the bottle breaking is proof of that. Either way, if Ryu can tank island busting hits, a glass bottle, even if sharp, shouldn't do anything.

Well actually, about the boulder, wasn't it confirmed to be as heavy as a tank? By the same who claim SFA anime is canon (or use it in threads), yes.

Sado22
it is said to depict canon abilities. but its not canon i.e the story is not true.

KN7JL3
So if they depict canon abilities, and in it they're shooting beams/disintegrating arms, and someone else is saying Hadouken only feels like a kick, there's a contradiction, something almost every fiction has.

Sado22
....they shot beams in Udon? confused
look man, the SFA anime is not canon and it doesn't show canonical represntation of hadouken. the only canonical representation of hadouken is the SF4 intros and the UDON comics neither of which have incinerating hadoukens or beams.

Darkstorm Zero
Actually sado, the beams fored by Evil Ryu in the SFA Anime would be pretty accurate... Considering at that point he's supposed to be as strong as Akuma, and Akuma has been known to bring down all kinds of stuff with "Simple punches and kicks".

Speaking of which, I once again have to ask where that came from, the only place I've ever even seen that comparison was in Tiamat's guide, and even then he siad he made it up...

Once again, your relying on someone's oppinion as evidence...

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Actually sado, the beams fored by Evil Ryu in the SFA Anime would be pretty accurate... Considering at that point he's supposed to be as strong as Akuma, and Akuma has been known to bring down all kinds of stuff with "Simple punches and kicks".

Speaking of which, I once again have to ask where that came from, the only place I've ever even seen that comparison was in Tiamat's guide, and even then he siad he made it up...

Once again, your relying on someone's oppinion as evidence...

simple punch and kicks? not really.

island busting : kongoukokuretsuzan
ayers rock busting : kongoukokuretsuzan
destroy a sunken ship : tenshou kairiki jin.

it's all moves and technique. not a simple punch and kicks.

KN7JL3
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

Once again, your relying on someone's oppinion as evidence... E. Ryu supposedly being on Akuma's level by itself doesn't mean beams are something Ryu can shoot, not that I remember Akuma shooting beams anyway, besides in MVC. He just mentioned where he's getting the info from. Udon comics and (I think more importantly) from SFIV, which is supposed to be the latest project in the series.

Darkstorm Zero
Which is set a number of years behimd Current Gouki in that actual cronological order of the games.

Not that it matters much, since Akuma holds back in almost every fight he's been in, as for Ryu, well he demolished buildings with a standard Hadouken while all Dark Hadou'ey.

Kirikaze Fuuma
when? SFA anime?

KN7JL3
Right, I forgot that IV was before III (or something like that)

Though Akuma holding back and Ryu demolishing a building doesn't tell me beams are something they can canonically do.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
island busting : kongoukokuretsuzan He managed to use a move ten years before he actually invented it?

I didn't realise that Gouki could travel through time.

Dark-Jaxx
1. Gouki could do the Shun Goku Satsu, but did he do that? No he didn't. And it's obvious Gouki wasn't fighting his hardest because he was just testing Ryu and the fact that he's not Shin also shows he was just holding back. Plus, we know he's stronger than Ryu anyway so talking like you know how hard Gouki punched Ryu is BS.

2. I posted this fight because I wanted to see who WOULD win, just like alot of other people do with topics. And the only similarity is that it's Master Chief fighting a fighting game character, that's it.

3. Just like how the Netherrealm powers Scorpion up, the Elder Gods powers him up. I mean, it's not like he got new abilities or something.

Someone who can take an explosion like the one Raiden make must also have high blunt-force durability as well. I know they're different but that doesn't mean his blunt-force durability is extremely low. 1. No, but that is his only instant death move for anyone at that point. Gouki was not Shin. But was hunched over, as if in pain. And he admitted Ryu was formidable, and was stalemated by him, which excited Gouki as it was the closest anyone has gotten to beating him(although arguably Gouken beat him). He is stronger than Ryu, yeah. But he was stalemated while not Shin. Which is factual. And your basis that Gouki pulled his punches on Ryu is BS. And an island shattering punch at 1% of its power would be better than any of Chief's punching feats.

2. Sure you did. smile

3. Are you intentionally being this dense? The Elder Gods powered him up, in other words, making him MORE POWERFUL, so he could do things he could not do normally. Like beat Onaga.

True, I would agree that he can take a fiar amount of punishment, but inconsistencies such as these happen often in games.

Sado22
laughing out loud
never know....maybe that'd explain what gouken is doing in SF4 when he should be roast turkey confused

Dark-Jaxx
YEAH!

And then Gouken explains that he came here to train Ryu to be stronger to defeat Gouki himself, and as Gouken goes back to his time to be killed by Gouki, he reveals one fact to Ryu and friends after finally defeating Gouki, he is in fact Jesus Christ reincarnated to die again as a martyr by Gouki(who is actually the Anti-Christ) in order to have humanity forgiven for all its sins once again.

Kirikaze Fuuma
He managed to use a move ten years before he actually invented it?

I didn't realise that Gouki could travel through time.

I have no other explanation.

their stances are similar and like I said, it's a bull**** if he can sink an island(which you said big) with a simple punch but while he used his super move to bust a mountain. even the mountain didn't crumbled just like the island and the mountain was only split in two.

SmashBro
1. No, but that is his only instant death move for anyone at that point. Gouki was not Shin. But was hunched over, as if in pain. And he admitted Ryu was formidable, and was stalemated by him, which excited Gouki as it was the closest anyone has gotten to beating him(although arguably Gouken beat him). He is stronger than Ryu, yeah. But he was stalemated while not Shin. Which is factual. And your basis that Gouki pulled his punches on Ryu is BS. And an island shattering punch at 1% of its power would be better than any of Chief's punching feats.

2. Sure you did. smile

3. Are you intentionally being this dense? The Elder Gods powered him up, in other words, making him MORE POWERFUL, so he could do things he could not do normally. Like beat Onaga.

True, I would agree that he can take a fiar amount of punishment, but inconsistencies such as these happen often in games.

1. Umm...what?What the f**k? Okay, suppose Gouki was just getting up, which is why he looks hunched over? Or maybe that's because he's just powering (which explains the aura)? Those two are way more likely than him being in pain, as he pretty much implied that that fight was just "child's play" so there's no way Ryu could have been close to beating him. Not only that, the only thing that really interest Gouki was that Ryu had the potential to unlock the Dark Hadou, hence "When the Evil Intent awakens within you, then you will know". The fact that he really wants Ryu to use the Dark Hadou so that they can have a real fight clearly shows that he wasn't serious in this fight. It was just a mere test, that's all.

2. It's true.

3. Well duh! If someone's powered up enough, they can do plenty of things they couldn't normally do. no expression

True but I don't see anything inconsistent about this one though.

Dark-Jaxx
I have no other explanation.

their stances are similar and like I said, it's a bull**** if he can sink an island(which you said big) with a simple punch but while he used his super move to bust a mountain. even the mountain didn't crumbled just like the island and the mountain was only split in two. Dude, how many ways are there to punch the ground?

And the KKSZ is a move that is designed to split in half, and piercing damage is often-times more effective than pure blunt force.

Dark-Jaxx
1. Umm...what?What the f**k? Okay, suppose Gouki was just getting up, which is why he looks hunched over? Or maybe that's because he's just powering (which explains the aura)? Those two are way more likely than him being in pain, as he pretty much implied that that fight was just "child's play" so there's no way Ryu could have been close to beating him. Not only that, the only thing that really interest Gouki was that Ryu had the potential to unlock the Dark Hadou, hence "When the Evil Intent awakens within you, then you will know". The fact that he really wants Ryu to use the Dark Hadou so that they can have a real fight clearly shows that he wasn't serious in this fight. It was just a mere test, that's all.

2. It's true.

3. Well duh! If someone's powered up enough, they can do plenty of things they couldn't normally do. no expression

True but I don't see anything inconsistent about this one though. 1. Why would Gouki be getting up...Did he go to sleep while fighting Ryu? I supposed you're going tell me Ryu tucked him in and read him a bed-time story too? And he has never powered up in such a way before. And he admits Ryu was the closest to ever beating him. He wants Ryu to use the Dark Hadou to have an opponent who he can unleash his full(Shin) power on.

2. K

3. ...Then why are you using it as a feat for NORMAL Scorpion? no expression

Well...Onaga has no other durability feats, but that one. no expression

SmashBro
1. Why would Gouki be getting up...Did he go to sleep while fighting Ryu? I supposed you're going tell me Ryu tucked him in and read him a bed-time story too? And he has never powered up in such a way before. And he admits Ryu was the closest to ever beating him. He wants Ryu to use the Dark Hadou to have an opponent who he can unleash his full(Shin) power on.

2. K

3. ...Then why are you using it as a feat for NORMAL Scorpion? no expression

Well...Onaga has no other durability feats, but that one. no expression

1. It's not like they're never gonna get knocked down or something. I mean, it's a fight, dude. no expression And he didn't say that. He said nothing about Ryu almost beating him. Infact, he implies just the opposite; he considered the fight "child's play" so Ryu couldn't have almost won. I told you this already.

3. What's the difference? It's just simply Scorpion stronger than before. Alot of characters get stronger. Ryu gets stronger, that doesn't mean he's not normal Ryu.

And this suppose to mean...?

Kirikaze Fuuma
Dude, how many ways are there to punch the ground?

And the KKSZ is a move that is designed to split in half, and piercing damage is often-times more effective than pure blunt force.

actually I don't want to talk about this... but OK.

just look at how he punch a ground while Gouki sank an island and when he bust an ayers rock. the stance is same and the crack is almost same too. and look at when Gouki sank the island. his aura glows. it's not a normal punch.

and please notice about the crack caused by KKZ. it's not split ayers rock in half but it cracks more than one crack. so we can't say it's a slash type attack.

Darkstorm Zero
Ie impact zone on ayers rock wen't 4 ways, but as you go ouy, they probably conjoin back into 2 to form the split. That still makes it a slashing attack, otherwise the rock wouldn't have split in 2, it would have disintegrated in a web of interlacing cracks and crumbled to the ground, much like the island...

Dark-Jaxx
1. It's not like they're never gonna get knocked down or something. I mean, it's a fight, dude. no expression And he didn't say that. He said nothing about Ryu almost beating him. Infact, he implies just the opposite; he considered the fight "child's play" so Ryu couldn't have almost won. I told you this already.

3. What's the difference? It's just simply Scorpion stronger than before. Alot of characters get stronger. Ryu gets stronger, that doesn't mean he's not normal Ryu.

And this suppose to mean...? 1. If he got knocked down, guess Ryu was a more serious opponent than you are attempting to prove. smile And when did he say Ryu was child's play?

3. ...Because Scorpion can do things he would not be normally able to do while at his base form...Not amped...How are you not getting this?

Dark-Jaxx
actually I don't want to talk about this... but OK.

just look at how he punch a ground while Gouki sank an island and when he bust an ayers rock. the stance is same and the crack is almost same too. and look at when Gouki sank the island. his aura glows. it's not a normal punch.

and please notice about the crack caused by KKZ. it's not split ayers rock in half but it cracks more than one crack. so we can't say it's a slash type attack. 1. Like I said, how many ways are there to punch an island? The crack is not the same. The one when he split the island split in many directions. Also, Gouki when using KKZ has to raise his fist to the heavens before-hands to gather the energy. Also, Gouki's aura glows for no reason half the time. Srsly. It does. He does not need to be using a special to have an aura. Now, you COULD argue that he was tapping into the Satsui no Hadou more at the time.

2. Take a buzzsaw to a rock, and I guarantee there will be more than one crack. And as DSZ just said, obviously it is different, as Ayer's rock was split, Gotenkou crumbled.

SmashBro
1. If he got knocked down, guess Ryu was a more serious opponent than you are attempting to prove. smile And when did he say Ryu was child's play?

3. ...Because Scorpion can do things he would not be normally able to do while at his base form...Not amped...How are you not getting this?

1. By serious, you mean...? And Gouki said in the ending that "all these past battles will seem like child's play".

3. Scorpion get stronger regardless, since he be in the Netherrealm. In the end, he get stronger but just from a different power source.

Dark-Jaxx
1. By serious, you mean...? And Gouki said in the ending that "all these past battles will seem like child's play".

3. Scorpion get stronger regardless, since he be in the Netherrealm. In the end, he get stronger but just from a different power source. 1. By serious? Wtf? And how is that referring to Ryu as child's play? It doesn't, he is saying that if they were to both battle with the Dark Hadou, it will be a greater battle than any before.

3. The thought that the Netherrealm can even equal the power of the Elder Gods is laughable at best.

SmashBro
1. By serious? Wtf? And how is that referring to Ryu as child's play? It doesn't, he is saying that if they were to both battle with the Dark Hadou, it will be a greater battle than any before.

3. The thought that the Netherrealm can even equal the power of the Elder Gods is laughable at best.

1. Yeah, explain because that could mean alot of things. And that's not what Gouki was saying. He said "battles", obviously not referring to any of the fights they've been since this is their FIRST fight. He's talking about all the fights Ryu will be in before he unlocks the Dark Hadou, which is what he talking about the whole time.

3. Who said anything about the powers of the Elder Gods? All they simply did was power up Scorpion, not give him their abilities.

Sado22
seriously, anyone who'se arguing with Jaxx is right by default eek!

DarkC
Chief without the benefits of his armor accidentally killed one of his corpsmen (with three punches) during a sparring drill - three combat trainers were also accidentally killed in the same day trying to train the other Spartans. He also lashed out with a straight kick, also without armor, and completely owned another soldier wearing external armor (think Mech, only much smaller) and ruined the exoskeleton in the process.

Chief has been around combat situations and has been registered as a professional soldier (and have been continuously training since) as early as the age of six. He has been trained extensively in numerous forms of close combat since then.

Yeah, Chief wins. By a curbstomp.

DarkC
1. If he got knocked down, guess Ryu was a more serious opponent than you are attempting to prove. smile And when did he say Ryu was child's play?
Even a 10-year old kid can give a world-class boxer a bloody nose if the latter lets his guard down.

That's common sense, DJ.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.