aquaman vs namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sharky137
both in water...... also if they fought on land who would win in the long run?

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by sharky137
both in water...... also if they fought on land who would win in the long run?

namor on both accounts.

UKR
This must have been done before.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by UKR
This must have been done before.

it has been done many times and btw aquaman with ease because of his tp...he mind rapes namor in both fights

namorsubby
namor has some of the strongest willpower out there and therefore an extremely high resistance to telepathy. he beats aquaman into a watery grave.

iceman24567
Namor can't beat Aquaman for a majority I say thee nay no expression

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by namorsubby
namor has some of the strongest willpower out there and therefore an extremely high resistance to telepathy. he beats aquaman into a watery grave.

ummm i really dont think he would...i will admit aquman would lose in h2h but aquman has searched mm's mind and mm didn't even kno he did....mm's a pretty strong mind power guy lol

but either way h2h namor wins but im still not convinced he wins against aquamans tp

namorsubby
he has resisted puppetmaster's control so avidly that he actually became completely immune to it.

and aquaman admitted MM was 10 times the telepath he was in that scene.

BlackZero30x
he has resisted puppetmaster's control so avidly that he actually became completely immune to it.

agree'ed he did and im not saying aquaman is any stronger...im simply saying for him to do that to somsone of mm's caliber he has to be a pretty srtong with his telepathy aswell

namorsubby
agreed.

still, i think namor's willpower coupled with superior physicality, experience, and skill will grant him the win.

fascistcrusader
Namor takes it due to greater strength, speed, and resistance to telepathy.

iceman24567
Experience and skill is a no bro yeah Namor is stronger but not by alot.

namorsubby
namor has been fighting for about 8 or 9 decades and is ranked as a 3rd tier or highly skilled fighter.

BTW, namor is almost herc strong. he is stronger than aquaman by a good margin, especially how aquaman is most often displayed.he's also faster/more agile

BentonGrey
This has been done several times. Aquaman may not be able to match Namor's strength, but Namor is DEFINITELY not faster and more agile than Arthur. Aquaman is much faster, plus, when written properly, he has the most powerful mind on the planet. After all, he controls the denizens of 75% of its surface with pure willpower. Aquaman's marine telepathy would make this a short bout, if he just truned Namor's brain off. Going strictly hand to hand it would me much tougher, but it would by no means be hopeless.

lawest9
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Namor takes it due to greater strength, speed, and resistance to telepathy. Has everyone forgotten what happen in the jla/avengers crossover that both companies have acknowledged as canon??!! aquaman telepathily shut down both attuma and his army and even namor admitted that his head was pounding from the experience.....but namor is superior physically however.

Miscalculation
In terms of hand to hand, Namor by far.
Otherwise; ie. strategy or tactical ways of going about it, Aquaman would win.

namorsubby
Originally posted by BentonGrey
This has been done several times. Aquaman may not be able to match Namor's strength, but Namor is DEFINITELY not faster and more agile than Arthur. Aquaman is much faster, plus, when written properly, he has the most powerful mind on the planet. After all, he controls the denizens of 75% of its surface with pure willpower. Aquaman's marine telepathy would make this a short bout, if he just truned Namor's brain off. Going strictly hand to hand it would me much tougher, but it would by no means be hopeless. namor is faster and more agile by feats. aquaman has a few select high-end feats that always get thrown around. namor is consistently potrayed as physically superior to aquaman in everyway. and he has more skill and experience. and his TP resistance is top of the line. i say he comfortably takes the victory over orin.

btw, i've only seen orin use TP on an actual human once.

iceman24567
Orins skill level is being underrated here and so is his speed. Aquaman would break Namor down with tp and Namor needs more than will power to defend against Orins high level tp. Namor may have strength but AC has just about everything else.

Philosophía

Being 10 times weaker than MM is still an exceptional level.

namorsubby
namor's willpoer has overcome more proven persons than aquaman. like i said, he has only used TP on one human who isn't superhumanly resistant to TP like namor.

if orin is more skilled than explain how? he is trained, but he is no 3rd tier fighter.

how can you say aquaman will break down namor with the TP? has he ever even taken down someone with near his level of resistance? he's not high TP either. like i said, he stated himself that a high TP like MM is 10 times the telepath he is.

namor is way stronger. namor is faster/more agile. he definitely is more durability. he has superior skill and experience. and he has a great defense against orin's only real threat.

Nihilist
aquaman in both

namorsubby

namorsubby
all orin has is the TP. Namor stomps h2h, and still wins otherwise. especially in the water, where he is stronger than the strongest base non-cosmic/uber out there, hercules

Philosophía
MM is not the highest level TP out there, being ten times worse certainly doesn't make orin high-level TP.

He is one of the highest.

And I don't really care about the Aquaman's telepathy vs Namor's resistence match, since I don't know enough about Namor's, I was just making a statement.

MM being only 10 times the telepath you are isn't really degrading for a person, considering how good he is.

BentonGrey
I do believe that Aquaman was being self deprecating, and I doubt that we should take his statement of '10 times' as being an accurate measurement. Come on. Ha, anyway, Aquaman took control of Superman when he was unconscious, using him as a puppet. He took control of Commander Steel, he's influenced Vixen, he took control of Green Lantern's ring from, like, twenty yards away with PURE WILLPOWER. He completely shamed a White Martian (who are themselves telepaths of not inconsiderable strength) and gave him seizures by shutting down part of his brain. He did something similar to Power Ring if my memory serves me correctly (I'm not sure about it though). Aquaman has a LONG history of his telepathy affecting non marine life. Heck, at one point in the Bearded-Loser-Look run, he reached into the minds of EVERY ATLANTIAN at the same time, did some funky stuff, and forced them to stop whatever it was they were doing. Tearing Namor's thoughts apart would be child's play to Aquaman if he wanted to.

Now, about all of these speed feats of Namor...can we see some scans? I know I've read TONS of examples of Aquaman moving at incredible speeds.

iceman24567
Aquaman pwned Kyle under water no expression. Hes a Herald level character by the way.

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
Aquaman pwned Kyle under water no expression. Hes a Herald level character by the way. Must have been a low showing for Kyle.

namorsubby
i've seen a multitude of feats from orin. he has a few very high end feats and many many more low showings. on average, he barely approaches namor physically.

namor's resistance:

1. namor is completely immune to the control of puppetmaster after having used his willpower to break free of his hold.

2. namor is completely immune to hypnosis

3. namor once cast dr.strange astral form from his body through pure willpower while strange was trying to control him.

4. namor has broken out of an illusion created by adam destine

5.symbiotic man was unable to control namor.

6.doctor doom states that namor willpower is one of the greatest ever.

7.namor has broken out of an illusion that even hulk's legendary willpower couldn't get through. silver surfer also failed.

iceman24567
Kyle has no low showings smile

namorsubby
batman and deathstroke have beaten aquaman. and joker.

BentonGrey
Not really, it is just another example of Aquaman fighting smart. He taunts Kyle, who pursues him to incredible depths. They have a running fight, but finally Kyle begins to be effected by the pressure. He eventually blacked out and Aquaman rescued him.

Mindset
Low showing for Kyle.

iceman24567
Illusions are sensory no? Aquaman gets into the heads of beings its hard to shake somebody out your head I don't see your examples as solid proof.

Philosophía
Not really, it is just another example of Aquaman fighting smart. He taunts Kyle, who pursues him to incredible depths. They have a running fight, but finally Kyle begins to be effected by the pressure. He eventually blacked out and Aquaman rescued him.

no expression

Fail.

namorsubby
aquaman is not a proven TP. he's never went up against someone like namor with TP.

so him overwhelming doctor strange isn't proof. what about symbiotic man? and puppetmaster?

BTW, illusions are mental.they affect your senses. ever had a hallucination? it's all in your head. so the feats stand.

BentonGrey
batman and deathstroke have beaten aquaman. and joker.

Well, Deathstroke also got his butt handed to him by a blinded Aquaman whom his best blows couldn't hurt. In the same issue he managed to get away from Green Lantern, but couldn't take Aquaman out. As for Batman and Joker, well, I am sure that we could find plenty of low showings for Namor if we wanted. I imagine if we looked hard enough we could probably find an instance of him losing to Squirrel Girl.

Mindset
Losing to Squirrel Girl isn't a low showing...

namorsubby
his lowest are wolverine and spidey. gross contradictions to his rich track record.

vs hulk: about 16 stalemates, 2 wins

vs thor: about 4

vs captain marvel: 1 win, 1 stalemate

vs herc: 6 stalemates

vs beta ray bill: 1 win

vs silver surfer: 2 or 3 stalemates

vs doctor doom: 1 win, 1 or 2 stalemates

these are just off the top of my head.

iceman24567
Aquaman has his water hand....the end no expression

snoopdogg
Aquaman already beat Namor.

Wei Phoenix
Namor beat Thor?

BentonGrey
i've seen a multitude of feats from orin. he has a few very high end feats and many many more low showings. on average, he barely approaches namor physically.

Have you read the Aquaman respect thread? There are an AWFUL lot of examples there to say that he has more low showings on average. Anyway, I once again state that Aquaman is not as strong as Namor (while being more than strong enough to hurt him), but he is easily faster, so I hardly see how "he barely approaches Namor physically." His telepathy is certainly a proven quantity. Just read the respect thread, the good people who contributed to it spent a great deal of time and energy documenting just such proof.

If he did beat Thor that is just terrible writing. Anyway, I can remember plenty of times where Herc has beat him, or at least had the better of the fight before it was stopped. However, it is not a matter of pure fisticuffs, (though, if it were Aquaman's greater speed would allow him to make it interesting, if not win outright) and this is where your examples are falling short of the mark. This fight doesn't even have to come to a single blow. Aquaman's telepathy is more than capable of taking Namor out. Even if he doesn't use it in the way that he is proven capable of using it, he can easily employ it to give him the edge in a brawl.

namorsubby
that was fan voted, and not canon. besides it's a crossover. not too many even know who namor is among the general populace.

water hand or not, orin loses.

snoopdogg
that was fan voted, and not canon. besides it's a crossover. not too many even know who namor is among the general populace.

water hand or not, orin loses. Are you calling us fans morons?

namorsubby
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Namor beat Thor? no, but he stalemated him, 5 times. that alone warrants a victory here. not to mention his 2 wins vs savage hulk and his gajillion stalemates with him.

namorsubby
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Are you calling us fans morons? not exactly.

if you mean orin fans, then certainly no. i am one. and yes i've been to the orin respect thread here and on herochat more times than you can count.

snoopdogg
not exactly.

if you mean orin fans, then certainly no. i am one. and yes i've been to the orin respect thread here and on herochat more times than you can count. Try and do some research. Not all fights in Mavel vs DC were fan voted.....

iceman24567
So a hand that can leave Namor completely powerless doesnt matter now? I love the Invaders but seriously....

namorsubby
Have you read the Aquaman respect thread? There are an AWFUL lot of examples there to say that he has more low showings on average. Anyway, I once again state that Aquaman is not as strong as Namor (while being more than strong enough to hurt him), but he is easily faster, so I hardly see how "he barely approaches Namor physically." His telepathy is certainly a proven quantity. Just read the respect thread, the good people who contributed to it spent a great deal of time and energy documenting just such proof.

If he did beat Thor that is just terrible writing. Anyway, I can remember plenty of times where Herc has beat him, or at least had the better of the fight before it was stopped. However, it is not a matter of pure fisticuffs, (though, if it were Aquaman's greater speed would allow him to make it interesting, if not win outright) and this is where your examples are falling short of the mark. This fight doesn't even have to come to a single blow. Aquaman's telepathy is more than capable of taking Namor out. Even if he doesn't use it in the way that he is proven capable of using it, he can easily employ it to give him the edge in a brawl. herc has never beaten namor and i've been to the thread many many times before.

namorsubby
So a hand that can leave Namor completely powerless doesnt matter now? I love the Invaders but seriously.... what exactly does that mean?

namorsubby
Try and do some research. Not all fights in Mavel vs DC were fan voted..... so that one wasn't?

either way it was garbage. orin crushed namor with an 8 ton killer whale. that's so ridiculous. namor should have barely felt that.

Wei Phoenix
no, but he stalemated him, 5 times. that alone warrants a victory here. not to mention his 2 wins vs savage hulk and his gajillion stalemates with him.

That is impressive. I have a newfound respect for Namor now. Has Thor ever beat him?

Starscream M

either way it was garbage. you don't like it so its garbage huh?

namorsubby
no, just 5 stalemates.

he has 6 vs herc. 3 vs silver surfer. 1 vs beta ray bill(sorry, i called it a win last time). 2 vs blackbolt.......the list goes on and on.

Mindset
Originally posted by Starscream M
you don't like it so its garbage huh? yes

The Great Galen
Aquaman 7/10

snoopdogg
no, just 5 stalemates.

he has 6 vs herc. 3 vs silver surfer. 1 vs beta ray bill(sorry, i called it a win last time). 2 vs blackbolt.......the list goes on and on. How many wins over Wolverine?

OK, that't not funny.

iceman24567
what exactly does that mean? It means Namor will need a couple drinks of water after Orin touches him.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Starscream M
you don't like it so its garbage huh? lol, cute how you did that there.

anyway crushing the class A 100 tonner namor with an 8 ton whale is gabage. he's had a mountain crumbled on him and lifted it away. don't like bad writing is all

namorsubby
It means Namor will need a couple drinks of water after Orin touches him. orin's gonna need a graveplot after namor hits him with a gruesome blow much like the one he KOed savage hulk with.

Starscream M
lol, cute how you did that there.

anyway crushing the class A 100 tonner namor with an 8 ton whale is gabage. he's had a mountain crumbled on him and lifted it away. don't like bad writing is all namor was already worn out from the battle...hence why the killer whale crushed him.

snoopdogg
herc has never beaten namor and i've been to the thread many many times before. Hercules>Namor.

Even underwater.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/HercstrongerthanNamor.jpg

BentonGrey
Actually, I imagine that many people referring to the crossover were referring to the other one, in which Aquaman took down an army of Atlantians with his TP. He wasn't even targeting Namor, but Namor was still almost knocked out. Given Aquaman's demonstrated ability to affect someone who only has a tiny, minuscule connection to marine life (the White Martian), it is logical to assume that he could do much, MUCH more to someone who is HALF marine life.

namorsubby
i have the comic.

namor said right before the whale hit him that he was far from immobilized. they both had just left the water. namor wasn't close to worn out.

really, this guy has shoved a dirt-clog down thor's throat and lived(in good health afterward) to tell about it. he's recently been engaging sentry in the avengers/invaders series. he embarassd ares and wonderman at the same time.orin's outclassed.

iceman24567
The water hand gives Orin an easy win it will simply drain him of h20 Namors will power won't save him from that.

snoopdogg
i have the comic.

namor said right before the whale hit him that he was far from immobilized. they both had just left the water. namor wasn't close to worn out.

really, this guy has shoved a dirt-clog down thor's throat and lived(in good health afterward) to tell about it. he's recently been engaging sentry in the avengers/invaders series. he embarassd ares and wonderman at the same time.orin's outclassed. Well, the DC dials go to 11.

namorsubby
Hercules>Namor.

Even underwater.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/HercstrongerthanNamor.jpg that's a contradiction.

namor was once engaging herc underwater and he stated that he was stronger there. herc said something like "that may be so, but...."

ie, that means namor is stronger underwater.

there's also an instance in the wwh series where namor stated that he is stronger than herc underwater. again herc doesn't disagree and is wary to try him there.

namorsubby
The water hand gives Orin an easy win it will simply drain him of h20 Namors will power won't save him from that. so in other words he'll have to grab the faster/stronger/more skilled namor to dehydrate him?

snoopdogg
that's a contradiction.

namor was once engaging herc underwater and he stated that he was stronger there. herc said something like "that may be so, but...."

ie, that means namor is stronger underwater.

there's also an instance in the wwh series where namor stated that he is stronger than herc underwater. again herc doesn't disagree and is wary to try him there. Well I can say I'm stronger than Mark Henry but that' won't make it true.

BTW you have any scans of this? Mine clearly shows Herc. as the stronger.

iceman24567
so in other words he'll have to grab the faster/stronger/more skilled namor to dehydrate him? So now Aquaman can't touch Namor? So Namor is a uber speedster now? Aquaman has tagged faster people it won't be that hard but I give up nobody can beat Namor I see that now.

comicfan11
I won't get into this fight again and I've come to respect namorsubby a lot with his amazing work on his respect threads (Hammond is sick)

I also give a slight edge to Namor in strength.

But with his speed, telepathy and Water Hand (control over water anyone) it is entirely possible that Orin takes a majority.
Plus I don't think that anyone denies that Orin who has bested class 100 characters before on strength alone can hurt Namor physically.

And on the low showings part.
I completely accept that.
Aquaman before PAD started writing him was a completely different WEAKER character.
If this is the version of Orin (he wasn't event called Orin before PAD) he has only his superior speed and telepathy to show and Namor can take a majority.

BUT after PAD we are talking an entirely different kind of beast.
Faster, tougher, stronger, far greater telepathy, water hand and two POWER UPS.
From Poseidon and from Lady Of The Lake.
This Aquaman doesn't have that kind of low showings and can take a majority from Namor.

namorsubby
it's not the fact that he says he's stronger. it's that herc acknowledges him.

btw, he had herc in a hold while he was saying it. check in the "namor vs herc section"
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,144124.0.html

really orin just doesn't measure up.on average his showings aren't great anyway. respect threads only show the good, remember that. could he achieve something like a stalemate against thor? or blackbolt? or sentry? can he trade blows with someone like hulk or abomination or herc? can he outmanuever someone like spiderman or venom or wolverine? if i made a match of aquaman against some of the guys namor has beaten and/or stalmated, people would certainly call it spite. that's why namor takes the victory here.

snoopdogg
it's not the fact that he says he's stronger. it's that herc acknowledges him.

btw, he had herc in a hold while he was saying it. check in the "namor vs herc section"
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,144124.0.html

really orin just doesn't measure up.on average his showings aren't great anyway. respect threads only show the good, remember that. could he achieve something like a stalemate against thor? or blackbolt? or sentry? can he trade blows with someone like hulk or abomination or herc? can he outmanuever someone like spiderman or venom or wolverine? if i made a match of aquaman against some of the guys namor has beaten and/or stalmated, people would certainly call it spite. that's why namor takes the victory here. He had Hercules in a hold but Hecules got out of it right after. And iirc that was mortal Hercules.

namorsubby
hercules didn't break free of it by his strength, he broke the ground they were standing on. and herc acknowledged it so that all that matters

snoopdogg
hercules didn't break free of it by his strength, he broke the ground they were standing on. and herc acknowledged it so that all that matters You are sadly mistaken. And wasn't that mortal Hercules?

snoopdogg
hercules didn't break free of it by his strength, he broke the ground they were standing on. and herc acknowledged it so that all that matters OH and BTW in their last encounter Hercules stated he's beaten Namor before and Namor didn't call him on it. So I guess that means Hercules beat Namor.

namorsubby
it didn't say. and what am i "sadly mistaken" about?

1. herc's response was an acknowledgment of namor's statement. just because he didn't say "you're right namor, you are stronger underwater", doesn't mean he wasn't agreeing.

2.herc broke the ground they were standing on to escape his grip. he used his skill to escape because he couldn't break free with strength.he didn't overpower namor because he couldn't.

anywho, i feel it's about that time to put this pup down and agree to disagree. i think namor's superior physicality, experience, and skill grant him the win.not to mention his consistent, superior feats. some say otherwise. either way it's all good.

Namor FTW, in my humble opinion.

edit:

someone said earlier that they respect me and like my work on threads. thanks, sincerely, really. sometimes i feel the work isn't worth it......and then there comes a post such as that.makes me feel all mushy inside. thanks again. big grin

namorsubby
OH and BTW in their last encounter Hercules stated he's beaten Namor before and Namor didn't call him on it. So I guess that means Hercules beat Namor. well i'm just glad that it never happened on panel......doesn't sound like namor though.

anywho

comicfan11
it didn't say. and what am i "sadly mistaken" about?

1. herc's response was an acknowledgment of namor's statement. just because he didn't say "you're right namor, you are stronger underwater", doesn't mean he wasn't agreeing.

2.herc broke the ground they were standing on to escape his grip. he used his skill to escape because he couldn't break free with strength.he didn't overpower namor because he couldn't.

anywho, i feel it's about that time to put this pup down and agree to disagree. i think namor's superior physicality, experience, and skill grant him the win.not to mention his consistent, superior feats. some say otherwise. either way it's all good.

Namor FTW, in my humble opinion.

edit:

someone said earlier that they respect me and like my work on threads. thanks, sincerely, really. sometimes i feel the work isn't worth it......and then there comes a post such as that.makes me feel all mushy inside. thanks again. big grin

Don't even mention it.
And I really mean it, your respect threads kick ass.

I wish I had time to revamp the Aquaman respect thread and maybe do a Dr Mid-night one (stop laughing all of you!!! Dr Cross kicks ass big grin big grin ) but university takes a lot of time.

BentonGrey
While pre-PAD Aquaman may have been inconsistent at times, he was far from a weaker (or slower) character on the whole, and there are plenty examples of his other powers that pre-date the more famous examples. Be that as it may, Namor is simply not faster. In fact, he is likely slower than Arthur, which, in my opinion would counteract the strength factor in a fight. That being said, as someone acknowledged, with the water hand he could dehydrate him (and despite his speed advantage, he DOESN'T HAVE to touch him to do so), given his complete control over water. As far as Namor stalemating Thor, well, Aquaman stalemated Ultraman...think about that for a moment. He has also fought gods (and WON) and has fought and bested characters every bit as impressive as Namor's own conquests. In a straight physical match, yes, Arthur has the disadvantage because Namor is stronger and a little tougher (maybe), but given the entirety of his powers, Arthur simply DESTROYS Namor.

namorsubby
lol. i was about to seriously argue that out........until i saw the whole orin destroys namor part.......no there's simply no need to.

BentonGrey
Well, I really think that would be accurate if Aquaman used his telepathy the way he has been demonstrated to before. Perhaps I put it in harsher terms than I should have, but if he is able to simply shut Namor's mind down (and there is every evidence that he should be able to do just that) then I don't see how there can be much of a fight.

namorsubby
aquaman hasn't proven he can go up against that kind of willpower. this guy broke dr.strange's hold on him before. his willpower is such that many types of control he is simply completely immune to(symbiotic man,puppetmaster,any form of hypnosis). who's to say orin will be any different? his willpower has been proven superior to the hulk, who has one of the highest tp resistances out there.

BentonGrey
Well, I think your misunderstand exactly what is going on here. Aquaman doesn't have to try and control a foe (though he HAS proven that he can do so), instead he could do as he did with the White Martian and simply 'turn off' his brain. I don't know that this could be resisted in the same way as someone trying to control Namor's actions. Also, although Aquaman may not have taken control of someone with willpower as great as Namor's (perhaps he has, I simply am not sure) he has demonstrated that he has just about the greatest willpower on DC earth. He can overpower a Green Lantern's ring with his will, and that says quite a bit.

namorsubby
namor's doesn't have TP. i doubt orin's willpower will help him here.

namor's willpower creates mental resistance. physic attack, mind control, possession, illusions.......he's overcome them all.

he has shrugged of mind attacks from that one ironman villian........forgot his name. he floats in the chair and has a big head and what not.lol

cloud102
Namor on average. A good fight, IMO.

BentonGrey
namor's doesn't have TP. i doubt orin's willpower will help him here.

namor's willpower creates mental resistance. physic attack, mind control, possession, illusions.......he's overcome them all.

he has shrugged of mind attacks from that one ironman villian........forgot his name. he floats in the chair and has a big head and what not.lol

I'm afraid I don't understand your first statement there. On your third statement, do you mean Modok? I don't know, has Namor actually withstood telepathic attacks from anyone anywhere near Aquaman's type and level of power? You said that he has resisted possession by Dr. Strange (I'm not entirely sure how that would relate to what Aquaman can do) and hypnosis by Puppetmaster, but I don't believe that either of those prove him to be immune the Arthur's particular flavor of mental attack. Not to mention the fact that we have an in canon crossover in which Namor is OBVIOUSLY very susceptible to just such an attack that isn't even aimed at him.

namorsubby
jla/avengers? yeah i've read it. lol

it all ties into namor's willpower. it gives him protection against more than just tp, but against any mental attack. it's been showcased throughout history.

this is what all that means:
1. strange's astral form possessed him to mentally take control.....he cast him out.

2.he shrugged off mental attacks from modok

3.he overcame puppetmasters control and is immune to hypnosis. PM doesn't use hypnosis. the 2 are unrelated.

physic attacks/mind control is orin's flavor right?he has examples of that too.

BentonGrey
Hmm, I feel that you are overstating your case somewhat, but not being incredibly immersed in Namor lore I cannot prove this suspicion. However, I believe I have something that makes this a moot point. You argue that Namor's willpower makes him highly resistant to telepathic attacks of all types, correct? Well, Aquaman has beaten a foe who was powerful enough to control and manipulate all sealife and all of the inhabitants of Atlantis. Koradx, who's willpower is incredible, and who is also an incredibly accomplished mentalist (something that Namor is not). In their first battle "all that has ever walked or swum or crawled in the ocean depths" suffers agony during their mental conflict.

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/1962/aquamandoestelepathicbattle017.jpg

That is POWER. On the other side of the world sea life goes berzerk, and thousands of miles away an Atlantian on the shore almost passes out from the pain. This is something people don't understand about Aquaman, his powers are INCREDIBLE. His mind covers the entire world. As someone once said, his thoughts shape the world. In their second encounter, Aquaman does more than just match Kordax, he overwhelms this creature, whose mental powers are FAR beyond Namor's.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3180/aquamanv525166qh.jpg

Willpower or not...I think Aquaman has the advantage there. It is also worth noting that the water hand increases his power from those levels by a great margin.

namorsubby
okay.

agree to disagree?

BentonGrey
Fair enough. We all have our favorites, after all. smile

namorsubby
huh? implication????

Stoic
Aside from hearing it, can Aquaman actually take control of Namors mind, or make him pass out? Has Namor actually on panel resisted a psi assault from someone with as much power as Aquaman in this respect? What about if it went H2H who would win?

BentonGrey
Namorsubby, I just meant that it is natural to disagree about beloved characters. I think Aquaman would win, you think Namor would win, etc. From your name I would imagine that you are as big a fan of Namor as I am of Aquaman, so, all things being equal, we support our favorites. That is cool.

Stoic: Take control of...MAYBE (he has rendered humans very "suggestive," but not flat out controlled them that I know of. He DID control Superman when the Man of Steel was unconscious, however), make him pass out, definitely, if Namor is, in fact, unable to resist. As for whether Namor has an on panel demonstration of such resistance...I imagine Namorsubby would be the one to ask, but I would doubt he has resisted anyone like Aquaman. As far as PURELY hand to hand, Namor, as I've said before, has the edge in strength by a decent margin, and most likely in toughness, but not by a large margin. Aquaman is faster and more agile, though. If Aquaman fought smart enough, he could probably win a few, but I don't really think he'd be able to take a majority. With all of his abilities...well, I think the odds are DECIDEDLY more in his favor. In fact, given how suited he is to fighting aquaticly based lifeforms because of his telepathy...well, you get the picture.

namorsubby
i didn't really think you were implying such a thing btw. meant to put an "lol" or a laughing face there.

you just don't seem like that kind of poster to me.smile

BentonGrey
Thank you Namor, I try to be friendly. You're quite the cordial debater yourself. To get upset and be rude to people posting on a board about superheroes seems more than a little ridiculous, right?smile

cdtm
Originally posted by lawest9
Has everyone forgotten what happen in the jla/avengers crossover that both companies have acknowledged as canon??!! aquaman telepathily shut down both attuma and his army and even namor admitted that his head was pounding from the experience.....but namor is superior physically however.

Is he though...?

When Dreadnaught and Psi Phon were "stealing" powers from heroes, Dreadnaught had most of Supermans powers including his strength and durability, and Aquaman actually puts up a good showing against him, claiming while he's nowhere near as strong as Supes, his bodies conditioned to withstand the deepest depths of the ocean..

We need an Aquaman respect thread. I'm pretty sure he has a history of pretty decent physical power feats....

BlackZero30x
Aquaman easy....

Warlord
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Aquaman easy....

you mean via telepathy?

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Warlord
you mean via telepathy?

indeed

carver9
Without telepath, Namor would win in a stomp.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by carver9
Without telepath, Namor would win in a stomp.

i agree and disagree with that...depending on the incarnation of aquaman depends on...yes H2H aquaman would lose no doubt but in the water the water bearer aquaman would have a huge advantage because he could not only command the sea life but he could control the environment......also on land his hand makes it so he won dehydrate where Namor would eventually...not to mention his hand increased all of his stats/powers(including his TP's strength) by a lot.....so he could out last him.

xJLxKing
With or without telepathy, Aquaman sill wins.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
i agree and disagree with that...depending on the incarnation of aquaman depends on...yes H2H aquaman would lose no doubt but in the water the water bearer aquaman would have a huge advantage because he could not only command the sea life but he could control the environment......also on land his hand makes it so he wont dehydrate where Namor would eventually...not to mention his hand increased all of his stats/powers(including his TP's strength) by a lot.....so he could out last him.

fixed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.