Gouken vs Heihachi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KN7JL3
The two share a number of similarities (although I think human Jinpachi resembles Gouken more) but out of the two who would win? Heihachi's T5 feats unnallowed. Use T1-4 (Not Terminator stick out tongue).

occultdestroyer
I don't see how Heihachi would win, considering the fact that Gouken has a multitude of ranged attacks

Sado22
hadouken only feels like being hit by a kick/punch. nothing ol' hachi can't handle. Heihachi shitestomps Gouken and shows the SF baddies (bison and akuma) how you really kill a person! besides gouken has zero feats and is a ripoff of Jinpachi. he gets no love from me. at all.

Man of Violence
Gouken is pretty much brand new. I'll wait to see what he can do before I make a decision.

KN7JL3
Originally posted by Sado22
hadouken only feels like being hit by a kick/punch. nothing ol' hachi can't handle. Heihachi shitestomps Gouken and shows the SF baddies (bison and akuma) how you really kill a person! besides gouken has zero feats and is a ripoff of Jinpachi. he gets no love from me. at all. I feel like attacking this post...but I won't. Also I'm pretty sure Jinpachi came in 2004/5. Gouken maybe a decade earlier.

Sado22
your welcome to. i know my stuff, dude. gouken came a decade earlier and looked NOTHING like what he looks now. go to the "respect gouken" thread and see for yourself.

~Sado

KN7JL3
I know that. I'm just saying he came earlier, and old karate-like dudes are bald and have beards...and Jinpachi's beard is way different. Perhaps the new look may have been inspired but it's not a fact.

Sado22
of course Capcom won't say "yea, we totally ripped off gouken from jinpachi".
You should go and see the pics on the gouken respect thread. gouken was totally different from when he first appeared. even his second look was nothing like the current version.

i'm getting tired of the excuses people are cooking up for SF characters.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Man of Violence
Gouken is pretty much brand new..

I suppose he is new being as playabale character in a Street Fighter game.....

Dark-Jaxx
hadouken only feels like being hit by a kick/punch. nothing ol' hachi can't handle. Heihachi shitestomps Gouken and shows the SF baddies (bison and akuma) how you really kill a person! besides gouken has zero feats and is a ripoff of Jinpachi. he gets no love from me. at all. How? With a bald face and beard? You mean the generic old martial artist master look?

Seriously, Jinpachi and Gouken's only similarities are so generic you can't really claim any is a rip-off, it would be like me claiming Jinpachi is a rip-off of Master Roshi.

And Ryu's normal Hadouken feels like a kick.

Now, Gouken has no feats so he loses, but I like to nit-pick.

Wei Phoenix
They do look a little similar and they have the same stance pretty much. Thats all I'm saying. I could careless if he is a ripoff or not.

Sado22
dude, just go to gouken respect thread, look at his old pics and then look at his latest pics.

Dark-Jaxx
Why would I do that?

I know how he looked/looks.

Point is, the old, bad, bearded martial artist look is so generic that he cannot be claimed to be a rip-off.

Like I said, I guess that makes Jinpachi a rip-off of Master Roshi.

Sado22
..............stfu and go to that thread or i'll kick you so hard you grandchildren will have busted prostates sick

Dark-Jaxx
..............stfu and go to that thread or i'll kick you so hard you grandchildren will have busted prostates sick I already have, and saw your reasons.

Because both are buff, bald, bearded, dark-skinned martial artists he MUST be a rip-off right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Both are buff because they are trained warriors, hell, every Anstatsuken fighter is buff, both are dark-skinned because...They're Asian. And the bald bearded bullshit is generic and cliche', it is almost mandatory for the old martial arts master.

And besides, as far as facially and what they wear, they are near NOTHING alike.

Not to mention Jinpachi's beard and clearly different.

Gouken is not "ripping off" from Jinpachi, no matter how bad you want it to be.

Hell, if they were going to rip-off someone, why the hell would it be Jinpachi, a character only a select few(you) could give a shit about?

Sado22
no that's not my reason. Gouken looked NOTHING like present Gouken. in the past he had those anal beads like Akumas, wore a reddish gi, looked like Chang Koehan if he lost weight and his hair were black.

the second version, his hir changed to white and his gi was made gray.

present day Goupachi isn't wearing a karate gi, his ponytail has grown longer like Jinpachi's, he's wearing those classic japanese pajamas that are baggy all the way till below the knees and tied there (which looks pretty stupid btw), and his top covers only one side of his shirt. his face has been further changed, his beard has been made longer, his hair style is literally just like Jinpachi's and they even lengthened his ponytail but instead of it being held open, its just tied like Terry Bogard's. on top of that, the increased his body size to the EXACT SAME type as Jinpachi's while before it was relatively buff but like akuma's who is buff but not huge. when all this isn't bad enough, they even gave him similar stances and pics as Jinpachi.

Asians don't have dark-skin, you idiot. why are americans so goddamn ignorant?!

okay, so by that token Ryo is no ripoff of Ryu.
ryu:
-brown hair
-middle parted short
-shorter
-white karate gi
-no t-shirt underneath
-calm and quiet

Ryo:
-blonde
-spikey, long
-tall
-orange karate gi
-black t-shirt underneath
-cocky and brash

~Sado

KN7JL3
Gouken being a ripoff isn't a fact and thus an opinion, but if Ryo being Ryu's ripoff is a fact then it makes the former a fact as well (since there's no evidence of either). Ryo was somewhat based because if I'm not mistaken those who made Ryo are the same as/worked with Ryu's creators, and being based isn't a bad thing...no one talks crap about Fei long or Law being based on Bruce Lee.

I don't think Gouken is based on you know who because Capcom has very little shit to do with Tekken's characters, but there is a possibility they got an idea from it. Also, some Asians (like Kazuya) are darker to create a fiercer look.

Am I the only one who thinks Paul is somewhat like Chuck Norris/Triple H? haermm Fighting style/"No pain no gain?"

Sado22
why not? capcom has worked with namco before. tekken is also the biggest selling fighting videogame franchise to date and it has inspired several other features in games. T5 set the standards for all games.
capcom have rippedoff Terry Bogard before and have ripped off COUNTLESS things from AoF series. why not Namco then?

what i mean by ripoff is that gouken latest design is inspired from Jinpachis because IMO the likeness is undeniable. as for darker features, meh, kazuya don't look dark to me.

~Sado

I-Drop
laughing out loud The only die-hard still going on about this. While there may be some extremely small similarities it's not nearly enuff to call Gouken a ripoff. This is the 2nd time you tried to pull this kinda shit. 1st Gouki/Takuma & now this. You keep trying & you keep FAILing. Wookies don't learn. The only reason you hate SF is because they made you love them so much you feel guilty about it big grin

I'm thinking Gouken but I'm not sure. How's 'Hachi fared against ranged attacks b4?

Sado22
over here some dude also claimed that perhaps he might be inspired from jinpachi. oly clarified his position, kriz thinks the same as me and most of the boys bailed on you the moment they saw the pics. his face, beard, ponytail, outfit, and poses all are the same as Jinpachi. to make matters worse, he ripped of marco's special and does tatsumakisenpuukyaku like ryo and even does the haoduken with one hand like ryo.
btw, you can stop those lame "i know what you're thinking" shite right about now cuz that would mean that i can continue with the fact taht you were flaming ryo in the gouken thread. to paraphrase you back to you: don't go on pretending that you know shite you can't prove. quit the double standards. "move on" laughing out loud

why? cuz he has no feats and nearly got pwned twice one which was against pre-Alpha bison? don't worry about ol' hachi now, he can duke out punches that shatter giant robots to bits and from what we've seen he can take worse things than a projectile that feels like a kick.

~Sado

I-Drop
over here some dude also claimed that perhaps he might be inspired from jinpachi. He's also went on to say more than once that he's not a ripoff. Once again you only see what you wanna see. Originally posted by Sado22
oly clarified his position, kriz thinks the same as me and most of the boys bailed on you the moment they saw the pics. his face, beard, ponytail, outfit, and poses all are the same as Jinpachi. to make matters worse, he ripped of marco's special and does tatsumakisenpuukyaku like ryo and even does the haoduken with one hand like ryo.
btw, you can stop those lame "i know what you're thinking" shite right about now cuz that would mean that i can continue with the fact taht you were flaming ryo in the gouken thread. to paraphrase you back to you: don't go on pretending that you know shite you can't prove. quit the double standards. "move on" laughing out loud
I made a joke about you loving SF. Where's the "I know what you're thinking part"? Yep. Another dumb misunderstanding from Tardo big grin No one bailed on anything, they just didn't get caught up in a stupid argument w/you like I did. No one mentioned rehash in the Gouken thread until you did. What's the point of bringing that up again? You still bitter over that? You like to restart old fires? Oly's position is that Gouken ain't a rip. If Kriz thiks that he's a rip, he ain't said it yet. You should stick to the debate about the fights because you suck @this ripoff shit. You're 0 & 2 so far. Cut your losses & keep it moving smile

Sado22
didn't seem like a joke....especially since you've been going "flame on" for a while now. never seen that many swear words since he 52string f-words in undisputed.

when some dude makes a statement and then somebody else shows a proof of sorts and he don't respond........it means you're bailing. at least where i come from. don't know how good ol' americans do it though.
i'm not the one who brings ancient history and uses it against other people.

oly's position is that he thinks gouken is too f'ing similar to jinpachi. seems like "rehash/ripoff"?

~Sado

I-Drop
didn't seem like a joke....especially since you've been going "flame on" for a while now. never seen that many swear words since he 52string f-words in undisputed.I put a big grin after it and as far as the cussing goes it's because you were honestly being a hateful @sshole in the wrong threads. I'm willing to be done w/it as long as this ain't brought up again. YOU are the only one who's called Gouken a rip so far.Originally posted by Sado22
when some dude makes a statement and then somebody else shows a proof of sorts and he don't respond........it means you're bailing. at least where i come from. don't know how good ol' americans do it though.
i'm not the one who brings ancient history and uses it against other people.I honestly wish I hadn't responded. I wouldn't have been bailing. I would have been avoiding a very very stupid flame war. YOUR history has an annoying way of repeating itself.

oly's position is that he thinks gouken is too f'ing similar to jinpachi. seems like "rehash/ripoff"?

~Sado No fool. He thinks they LOOK similar. Oly himself has said not to call someone a rip based on design alone. Oly already told his position. *In whiney Tardo voice imitation* Stop speaking for him. smile

Kirikaze Fuuma
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/kensaburo/another%20photos/Jinpachi-1.jpg http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/kensaburo/another%20photos/sf4-goukenart.jpg

they are very similar... really, what are capcom thinking right now?

Dark-Jaxx
no that's not my reason. Gouken looked NOTHING like present Gouken. in the past he had those anal beads like Akumas, wore a reddish gi, looked like Chang Koehan if he lost weight and his hair were black.

the second version, his hir changed to white and his gi was made gray.

present day Goupachi isn't wearing a karate gi, his ponytail has grown longer like Jinpachi's, he's wearing those classic japanese pajamas that are baggy all the way till below the knees and tied there (which looks pretty stupid btw), and his top covers only one side of his shirt. his face has been further changed, his beard has been made longer, his hair style is literally just like Jinpachi's and they even lengthened his ponytail but instead of it being held open, its just tied like Terry Bogard's. on top of that, the increased his body size to the EXACT SAME type as Jinpachi's while before it was relatively buff but like akuma's who is buff but not huge. when all this isn't bad enough, they even gave him similar stances and pics as Jinpachi.

Asians don't have dark-skin, you idiot. why are americans so goddamn ignorant?!

okay, so by that token Ryo is no ripoff of Ryu.
ryu:
-brown hair
-middle parted short
-shorter
-white karate gi
-no t-shirt underneath
-calm and quiet

Ryo:
-blonde
-spikey, long
-tall
-orange karate gi
-black t-shirt underneath
-cocky and brash

~Sado 1. Gee, who would have thought that in over a decade, Gouken's appearance would change?

White is basically the grey in SF, look at Gen. He's as old as the sun, and has white, not grey hair.

So having long ponytails, and baggy lower garments, and the fact that he shows chest(seriously dude, come on), and some of the changes you mentioned, are not even similar in appearance to Jinpachi, at all. And, Gouken, and Ryu, Ken, Gouki, and most SF characters for that matter, are buffer than Hinpachi from what I can recall. That's just the way the SF art is.

Yes, they do, relatively at least, compared to the likes of Ken(who is very fair skinned, bein American), and hell, his brother, Gouki, is also dark skinned, why wouldn't Gouken also be dark-skinned? And yeah, some Asians are dark in skin-tone, SOME, not ALL.

And please stop the flaming, I have not flamed you once, you are only presenting yourself as immature and impulsive. smile

Can you bring up a single time I have ever called Ryo a rip-off?

Seriously, do you just believe what you want to believe? It seems like every post you direct towards me, you bring up some shit I never even said.

Wtf?

And going by the pics, they are very different.

Clothes are totally different, face is not similar at all, beards look nothing alike, all they share is dark skin, buffness, and from the looks of it, that is it.

KN7JL3
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/kensaburo/another%20photos/Jinpachi-1.jpg http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/kensaburo/another%20photos/sf4-goukenart.jpg

they are very similar... really, what are capcom thinking right now? .......HOLY F***ING S***! LOOOOOL

Yeah...similar...but as I said so is Fei Long/Marshall but no one says Marshall is a ripoff.

So anyway, Heihachi has no probs with long range attacks especially if they feel like kicks. He got slammed through a brick wall and got up like it was time for breakfast in T3.

Darkstorm Zero
I remember seeing Gouken's design LOOONG before Jinpachi was even thought of....

Where was it?

Oh yeah! Gouki's Alpha 1 ending...

Sado22
I think you're really understanding the difference between ripoff and homage. for one, fei, dragon and the laws are actually paying HOMAGE to Bruce Lee. there is a difference between homage and ripping off somebody. the bruceleeclones aren't called ripoff because they are clearly paying respect to THE greatest martial arts legend of all time. they are based on a REAL person. that's the difference. on the other hand, Crimson Viper is a blatant RIPOFF of Vanessa from SNk because not only does she have red hair, but is wearing virtually the same clothes with same color schemes.
Law, fei long and dragon=homage to a real person and its too obvious anyway.
Crimson viper and goupachi=ripoffs

putting a smiley don't mean squat after you're flaming somebody like hell in another thread. stop being stupid. resorting to flames is never the answer........especially over a f'ing videogame characters. get real, dude erm

gee, the fact that his look didn't change for over 10 years and magically alters to present goupachi look right after Tekken5.

ponytail, beard (seriously, just spike it), face structure and body size and shape is similar and so are the clothes. and heck, jinpachi was supposed to be killed by the main baddy (hachi) but came back decades later and the same has happened with Goupachi. as for buffness, every artist has his own style of drawing. going by most recent official arts and game endings, ryu ken or even akuma aren't that buff at all. they are muscular but not inflated like goupachi is.

i just said you're being an idiot with that asians are darkskinned comment......which you were big grin

it was "you" in the broad sense. not you you.

~Sado

Sado22
yeah very clever, darkoroll eyes (sarcastic)
now tell me how the f0ck you're gonna use that and suggest that he aint a jinpachi ripoff even though we can't see him clearly and can only see his face....and that's not even that clear.

Darkstorm Zero
Because he's also been in official artworks before and since then.

In fact, otyher than the beard than the fact that he's old, how do you conclude that he's a ripoff, even though he's already been designed and drawn well and truly before the guy he's supposed to be ripping off? confused

It's an entirely different kettle of fish. Dan is a Spoof, Ryo may well be a ripoff, although he has enough differences to distance himself from Ryu in my book (I know I-Drop'll disagree with me there) but Gouken a 'pachi rip? There's nothing remotely similar besides beard and advanced age...

KN7JL3
He mentioned other similarities (stance, buffness, clothing and biography), and I think he left out the dark skin too, but Gouken probably had that in the earlier artwork. Can they be posted here?

Fact of the matter is it isn't written on stone that Gouken is a ripoff of anyone. I think it's just his way of saying Capcom got ideas from Namco. Again, not a bad thing, when practically every fighting character is based off of someone (or something). Lei Wulong is a good example (Jackie Chan anyone? big grin)

Darkstorm Zero
Err... Buffness and similar stance?

Yes, Gouken is buff, but his stance is entirely different, it's similar to Akuma's, his brother.

His clothing? Gouken wears a Gi, same as his brother ans students, and wears beads like Akuma... There's nothing similar about them exept for the fact that it's a japanese style of clothing...

Biography was made WAY before Jinpachi's ever was thought of...

And skin color? WTF does that have to do with him being a ripoff?

Face it people, Capcom pioneered many/most of fighting game character designs, right alongside SNK...

Gouken's been 15 years in the making at the very least, while Jinpachi has had a 3rd of that at most..

KN7JL3
Agreed on the stance, but in those two particular pics the stances looks similar. That is all. Not saying 'pachi's was first.

The gi now looks different, it's showing more of his upper body, and the beads are gone. The pants are baggier and show a little more leg sick, similar to 'pachi. Again not ripping off, just a similarity.

I don't think anyone's saying bio was ripped off. Just that there are similarities between the two. Yes we know Gouken's came first.

...that probably has more to do with ripping off than same color of gi/some attire. Does earlier showings show Gouken with that dark color? If not, it was after Tekken 5.

3AGBEN
Forgot to mention Gouken's hair. I originally had it mistaken with the inky stuff in the artwork. laughing out loud

Darkstorm Zero
Some do and some don't have him with darker skin, but remember, it's been a number of years since he was supposedly struck down by Akuma.

Hell, Akuma's skin is neigrolite colors to begin with, hes darker than even Balrog in most instances, although not as dark as DJ is... and if Akuma can go that dark, and Gouken's related, I don't see the problem.

3AGBEN
DJ is pale.

I-Drop
laughing out loud Originally posted by Sado22
putting a smiley don't mean squat after you're flaming somebody like hell in another thread. stop being stupid. resorting to flames is never the answer........especially over a f'ing videogame characters. get real, dude erm laughing out loud Awww. Someone sounds like their feelings got hurt. You gave me little choice in the flaming by acting like such a shitbag in that other thread. You started the flaming, but I'm sorry if I offended anybody. We should ALL stop w/the name calling. Truce?

@DSZ. I don't call him ripoff anymore. He's rehash now 'cuz he got too much in common w/Ryu&Ken(not just appearance), but I'm not 100% sure on his creation.

Dark-Jaxx
...Seriously, how do you look at those two pics and say "ZOMG THEY ARE EXACTLY ALIKE!"

His beard and hair are competely different, his face is much different, hell, even their STANCES in those two pics are different.

Only similarities are both have a beard and are old. Oh and dark skin. Whoa.

Sado22
originaly goupachi looked like chang koehan if he lost weight, wearing a red gi with those stupid beads.
then they made his hair and beard white, made his gi gray and he stayed more or less that way...even up till UDON comics.
but now he's changed overall to what is NOTHING like what he originally was. too suspicious to be a coincidence. and why is him being a ripoff out of question of Crimson Viper too is a blatant, horrible, sad, pale ripoff of Vanessa? nothing stopped capcom from rippingoff people before.

i could say that a certain overreacting "adult" whose been throwing a tantrum cuz i insulted his precious gouken laughing out loud

i'm up for truce, and its not that flames bother me either. fact of the matter is if i wasn't such a calm and cool person, this could've lead to a big flame war which would've been as nasty as our former ones. that's all. no one needs to see that kinda shite again from both of us since we are stubborn mofos laughing

~Sado

I-Drop
Again, you know how I am about respect threads. You can hate on all of SF until the sun burns out, just keep the hate outta their respective respect threads.Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
...Seriously, how do you look at those two pics and say "ZOMG THEY ARE EXACTLY ALIKE!"

His beard and hair are competely different, his face is much different, hell, even their STANCES in those two pics are different.

Only similarities are both have a beard and are old. Oh and dark skin. Whoa. Ditto

Sado22
hey, i was being a good boy for a while....can't beat your instincts for too long i guess *gives Apollo Creed Rocky4 Speech to I-Drop*
"you see, hatred aint something that you can just turn on or turn off. its something we're born with. and this is us against them"
laughing out loud

I-Drop
I invented hating on vg characters. But there's always a line I ain't willing 2 cross. RTs are sacred. People that defile them need to have their arms cut off big grin

Sado22
fine, fine.
i won't do it again...i promise i'll be good, daddy smile

Darkstorm Zero
Who's yo daddeh!

Sado22
if its you, i'll shoot myself no expression

Darkstorm Zero
I'M YO MO' FO'in DADDEH!!!

Sado22
I lied
*shoots YOUR balls away*
laughing

Darkstorm Zero
Kinda hard to damage balls of iron... even with Buckshot 8 Guage, Sado ol'e buddy...

*Bulls out his Mr.Stabby Combat Knife.*

Now, C'mere, I gots a present that'll make you smile real wide! angel devil

Kirikaze Fuuma
sleep sleep sleep sleep

Sado22
darko, you put your little toothpick away. now no expression

goldjoker
Im go with gouken
remember he has beaten akuma one time.
remember akuma is invincible. I think gouken wins this fight after all he havnt too much training

Sado22
he beat akuma when akuma was not that powerful.

Zack Fair
Heihachi has the feats. Gouken has nothing.

goldjoker
Gouken wins the match
gouken have beaten akuma one time
remember akuma is undefeatable

Sado22
ditto.

Zack Fair
LoL.

If Gouken beat Gouki how is Gouki undefeatable?

Not to mention Gouki was not in "killer intent" mode.

Darkstorm Zero
I think he's joking....

In all honesty, I'm going to have to say Hachi ATM

Gouken's done like absolutely NOTHING besides train Ryu and ken, and spank the ass out of a young Gouki, then get killed a few years later by the same guy.

Until I get some battle feats, Gouken's no stronger than Ryu... and Ryu would struggle with Hachi as bad as Hachi deals with his hemeroids/Devil Gene empwered kin...

Sado22
oh my god..........i think i'm just about to agree with darkstorm?!!!? eek!

Darkstorm Zero
Well I need something more to go on than defeating young gouki, which is unquantifiable because we don't know how strong he was back then, he coulda been weeker than SF1 Ryu for all I know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.