Great Darkness Saga Darkseid Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
GDS Darkseid from the LOSH arc vs Thanos. Who wins?

Silent Guardian
Thanos

cloud102
Reason?

Silent Guardian
I feel Thanos's energy and matter manipulation as well as teleportation powers, put him over the edge. He is too much for Darkside. Even with the magical power Darkside has Thanos owns him.

EDIT: Okay I forgot about his powers over time. So I guess with that Darkside wins, but that is just cheap. If he did not have the control over time Thanos would win.

vlaaad12345
GDS DS with one casual blast put pc mon-el into a coma....really don't see thanos standing up to him for long.

cloud102
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
I feel Thanos's energy and matter manipulation as well as teleportation powers, put him over the edge. He is too much for Darkside. Even with the magical power Darkside has Thanos owns him.

EDIT: Okay I forgot about his powers over time. So I guess with that Darkside wins, but that is just cheap. If he did not have the control over time Thanos would win.

Dude, Darkseid teleported a planet with his MIND.

Silent Guardian
okay, okay. Still I want to pick Thanos for the sake of arguments. You know this match up is so unfair. How can you even argue for Thanos against GDS Darkside. But I like to play Devils Advocate, since I figured everyone else would pick Darkside.

joesdabest1
Thanos wins this. Too much for Darkseid.

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by joesdabest1
Thanos wins this. Too much for Darkseid. yay Happy Dance

cloud102
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
okay, okay. Still I want to pick Thanos for the sake of arguments. You know this match up is so unfair. How can you even argue for Thanos against GDS Darkside. But I like to play Devils Advocate, since I figured everyone else would pick Darkside.

Hahah! Fair enough, but GDS makes Thanos look like a wimp.

Galan007
DS. Easily.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
DS. Easily.

Ditto.

And this is really, really unfair. DS during that arc had the powers of Time Trapper and Mordru. The arc where he mind raped billions of Daxamites. No way Thanos takes this.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
Ditto.

And this is really, really unfair. DS during that arc had the powers of Time Trapper and Mordru. The arc where he mind raped billions of Daxamites. No way Thanos takes this. When DS transported Daxam across the universe by momentarily holding it within his mind:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1034212_ds1.jpg

.... Was quite a feat, indeed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Stacking the odds against thanos in a arc where Darkseid actually had extra powers he doesn't normally have is amusing and typical

Allankles
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Stacking the odds against thanos in a arc where Darkseid actually had extra powers he doesn't normally have is amusing and typical

Irony is DS was supposedly weaker than he was in the past and that is what motivated him to try and siphon the powers of Mordu and Time Trapper but even with their powers he was supposedly not quite as powerful as he once was.

guy222
GDSD

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

guy222
Darkseid this time, good friend

Philosophía
Darkseid, easily.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.

surprised it took THAT LONG for this to posted.....

Tazer

Priest
Originally posted by Galan007
When DS transported Daxam across the universe by momentarily holding it within his mind:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1034212_ds1.jpg

.... Was quite a feat, indeed.
I would give DS props if he teleported the the yellow Star to Daxam. 13

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
Darkseid this time, good friend Gotta disagree good buddy. Thanos is too durable for Darkseid.Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

surprised it took THAT LONG for this to posted.....

Tazer Why does Thanos lose?

cloud102
Darkseid this time, good friend

the Darkone
I like Thanos, but he is not beating GDS Darkseid who manhandles Pc characters like they where children. Control a race of PC superman like characters is feat on itself, punking Pc Modru that also. PC Darkseid in on another level.

guy222
thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by the Darkone
I like Thanos, but he is not beating GDS Darkseid who manhandles Pc characters like they where children. Control a race of PC superman like characters is feat on itself, punking Pc Modru that also. PC Darkseid in on another level. Mordru didnt know who he was and he didnt hammer Orion who was less than he was in this form. Thanos takes on characters like Odin and Tyrant who are both above GDS Darkseid imo.

cloud102
thumb up

Thumbs up to you, bud!

Galan007
Originally posted by Priest
I would give DS props if he teleported the the yellow Star to Daxam. 13 If Darkseid had done that, the yellow sun would've had to share space with a red sun This means Darkseid would have had to transport the red sun somewhere else as well. It was just far easier, and faster, to transport the planet somewhere else, as he did. stick out tongue

Good job Darky! thumb up

skyfather
so this is ds with two major power ups vs a reg thanosmhmm

cloud102
Originally posted by skyfather
so this is ds with two major power ups vs a reg thanosmhmm

I didn't say which Thanos. Usually I want the one who can compete the most.

Bada's Palin
GDS Darkseid was supposedly weaker than his old self wasn't he?

Doesn't matter which Darkseid, he takes it anyway

batdude123
Thanos wins.

crylaugh

Red Hulk
Originally posted by batdude123
crylaugh thumb up

quanchi112
crylaugh He does. Care to tell me why he loses?

batdude123
He does. Care to tell me why he loses?

It should be fairly obvious to those who have a brain and don't sleep with a Thanos doll at night.

Since you fall into neither category, I'm not going to waste my time explaining something that should be common sense.

kgkg
It should be fairly obvious to those who have a brain and don't sleep with a Thanos doll at night. sick

quanchi112
It should be fairly obvious to those who have a brain and don't sleep with a Thanos doll at night.

Since you fall into neither category, I'm not going to waste my time explaining something that should be common sense. Thanos was durable enough to take Odin shots for around 6 pages. It wasnt a short fight by any means and Thanos still was chomping at the bit to fight on. This was before his final upgrade. He didnt use any shields in this battle anyways.

Thanos wins this as he is more durable,has shields that can tax the mighty Galactus to break,and actually enjoys close encounters than darkseid here.

Thanos wins.

Enyalus
I want a Thanos doll.

For real.

quanchi112
I want a Thanos doll.

For real. A doll or a toy?

Enyalus
A doll or a toy?

...You're right. An action figure would be cooler. Could have him kick the shit out of my battle-damaged Super Saiyan Vegeta toy.

quanchi112
...You're right. An action figure would be cooler. Could have him kick the shit out of my battle-damaged Super Saiyan Vegeta toy. I have a Thanos toy. A doll would be way too creepy.

Enyalus
I have a Thanos toy. A doll would be way too creepy.

LOL. A Thanos plush toy. Or beanie-baby...

Geez. That's a great image.

quanchi112
LOL. A Thanos plush toy. Or beanie-baby...

Geez. That's a great image. Its still in the box. Its an action figure.

Enyalus
Its still in the box. Its an action figure.

thumb up Wurd.

cloud102
Quanchi with a Thanos toy? Why am I not surprised?

quanchi112
Originally posted by cloud102
Quanchi with a Thanos toy? Why am I not surprised? You telling me you dont have any action figures of any dc characters?

cloud102
I don't have any action figures, period! The closest thing is some X-Men posters. Along with some Spider-Man underwear. The girls love that!

quanchi112
I don't have any action figures, period! The closest thing is some X-Men posters. Along with some Spider-Man underwear. The girls love that! Most girls dont love comics though.

cloud102
I know. It's not supposed to be taken seriously. With all these comic movies on the rise, they think it's cute. That reminds me, I just met a couple of girls who like reading comics. They used to work at a book store with me, so I think it's becoming more popular with the ladies.

quanchi112
I know. It's not supposed to be taken seriously. With all these comic movies on the rise, they think it's cute. That reminds me, I just met a couple of girls who like reading comics. They used to work at a book store with me, so I think it's becoming more popular with the ladies. Some do. The majority doesnt or hasnt come around yet imo.

cloud102
Manga is the females personal choice, though. Not super-hero bullshit.

the Darkone
GDS Darkseid is just too much, mind control a whole PC Superman level beings and putting Mon-el who is stronger than Pc Superman in a coma with one hit,sorry Thanos is not beating GDS Darkseid or PC Darkseid.

kevdude
Who do ppl consider more powerful GDS Darkseid or PC Darkseid?

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by kevdude

GDS has greater feats I think, but was supposedly weaker than the original one.

Zack Fair
Do you have Thanos PJs Quanchi tongue

The Great Galen
This DS was a monster, trully leagues above what Thanos can hope to accomplish.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Allankles
Irony is DS was supposedly weaker than he was in the past and that is what motivated him to try and siphon the powers of Mordu and Time Trapper but even with their powers he was supposedly not quite as powerful as he once was.

I'm surprised how often that is overlooked, technically shouldn't all of the GDS feats be applicable to PC DS?

occultdestroyer
PC Darksied

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Great Galen
I'm surprised how often that is overlooked, technically shouldn't all of the GDS feats be applicable to PC DS?

Technically none of GDS's feats should be applicable to PC DS. Because it takes place in the future. And the forum rules say that's a no-no.

But this thread specifically stated this version of DS, so it's fine.

quanchi112
Who do ppl consider more powerful GDS Darkseid or PC Darkseid? GDS,regardless of him being mentioned as weaker.Originally posted by the Darkone
GDS Darkseid is just too much, mind control a whole PC Superman level beings and putting Mon-el who is stronger than Pc Superman in a coma with one hit,sorry Thanos is not beating GDS Darkseid or PC Darkseid. Thanos took on Odin who beats out any of these guys by a decent amount. Power gem thor would also beat these characters imo.Originally posted by Zack Fair
Do you have Thanos PJs Quanchi tongue Nope.Originally posted by The Great Galen
This DS was a monster, trully leagues above what Thanos can hope to accomplish. He had impressive feats but Thanos has moreso.

vlaaad12345
GDS darkseid casually put mon el into a coma with one attack,pc kryptonians amped by highfather still weren't doing too much to actually harm him,he created freaking validus the guy who is 12x superboy strength...no thanos is not above pc darkseid or gds darkseid no matter how much you want him to be.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
GDS darkseid casually put mon el into a coma with one attack,pc kryptonians amped by highfather still weren't doing too much to actually harm him,he created freaking validus the guy who is 12x superboy strength...no thanos is not above pc darkseid or gds darkseid no matter how much you want him to be.

...Oh yeah!?

Well, well...Thanos flicked his wrist and knocked The Thing out. stick out tongue Something Champion w/ Power Gem couldn't do.

*hides now*

vlaaad12345
You make it sound like champion is worth anything laughing

Enyalus
You make it sound like champion is worth anything laughing

Aw, don't knock Champion, man. The guy took down Thor, Hulk, Wonder Man, Sasquatch, Thing, SS, BRB, Drax, Gladiator, Warlock, She-Hulk...and I'm sure I'm leaving a few people out.

He's a beast with the gem. stick out tongue

The Great Galen
GDS,regardless of him being mentioned as weaker. Thanos took on Odin who beats out any of these guys by a decent amount. Power gem thor would also beat these characters imo. Nope. He had impressive feats but Thanos has moreso.

I don't know why im asking....which ubber feats does Thanos have?

Enyalus
I don't know why im asking....which ubber feats does Thanos have?

'Uber.' It's German. It means Super.

For future reference. Lol. It was bugging me. stick out tongue

The Great Galen
Technically none of GDS's feats should be applicable to PC DS. Because it takes place in the future. And the forum rules say that's a no-no.

But this thread specifically stated this version of DS, so it's fine.

PC DS>GDS however, what we saw from him during that arc should easily be duplicated by PC DS.

quanchi112
GDS darkseid casually put mon el into a coma with one attack,pc kryptonians amped by highfather still weren't doing too much to actually harm him,he created freaking validus the guy who is 12x superboy strength...no thanos is not above pc darkseid or gds darkseid no matter how much you want him to be. He struggles with a weaker version of Orion.Originally posted by The Great Galen
I don't know why im asking....which ubber feats does Thanos have? Odin battle,Thor with the power gem battle,Maker owning,launching Galactus a few hundred yards,depleting Galactus energies after he broke through 1 forcefield,etc.

Need I go on?

Enyalus
PC DS>GDS however

According to statements. And that was before he absorbed Time Trapper and Mordru's powers. He was probably greater than PC DS we should assume, after that.

Enyalus
He struggles with a weaker version of Orion. Odin battle,Thor with the power gem battle,Maker owning,launching Galactus a few hundred yards,depleting Galactus energies after he broke through 1 forcefield,etc.

Need I go on?

You can add bitchslapping the Eternity-killing Rot when he decides to unleash the Power Cosmic - something he normally holds back because it drives him insane. smile

quanchi112
According to statements. And that was before he absorbed Time Trapper and Mordru's powers. He was probably greater than PC DS we should assume, after that. Agree. Most also agree that his feats in gds trump anything done by pc Darkseid.

The Great Galen
He struggles with a weaker version of Orion. Odin battle,Thor with the power gem battle,Maker owning,launching Galactus a few hundred yards,depleting Galactus energies after he broke through 1 forcefield,etc.

Need I go on?

So let's see....the odin battle and thor fight were both losing ones and he caused no serious injury to galen...and then bagged like a little ***** so that he wouldn't get hit lol. Maker is a featless wonder and galactus broke through Thanos shields with generic blast...and was hardly depleted.

quanchi112
So let's see....the odin battle and thor fight were both losing ones and he caused no serious injury to galen...and then bagged like a little ***** so that he wouldn't get hit lol. Maker is a featless wonder and galactus broke through Thanos shields with generic blast...and was hardly depleted. He defeated Thor and fought with him only because it invigorated him.

He didnt lose against Odin. A guy who has affected the mutilverse in a battle with Seth who he owned soon as his full powers returned.

Maker had infinte power and was a reality warper who Thanos injured physically then dominated her mind. He didnt seriously injure Galactus,but I havent seen many launch him that far.

Galactus was depleted and stated it on panel. The scan has been up multiple times.

skyfather
So let's see....the odin battle and thor fight were both losing ones and he caused no serious injury to galen...and then bagged like a little ***** so that he wouldn't get hit lol. Maker is a featless wonder and galactus broke through Thanos shields with generic blast...and was hardly depleted. lol at this baiting troll

Enyalus
She caused no serious injury to galen...and then bagged like a little ***** so that he wouldn't get hit lol.

Most of your post was wrong, but I'll focus on this especially: he didn't beg to not be hit. He begged for Galactus to listen to him, for the sake of the universe. The Hunger tampered with his instrumentation. Thanos knew it. Galen didn't. Thanos was attempting to inform him and spare the 616 reality a dimension-eating threat. It had nothing to do with Thanos being scared of Galactus.

quanchi112
Most of your post was wrong, but I'll focus on this especially: he didn't beg to not be hit. He begged for Galactus to listen to him, for the sake of the universe. The Hunger tampered with his instrumentation. Thanos knew it. Galen didn't. Thanos was attempting to inform him and spare the 616 reality a dimension-eating threat. It had nothing to do with Thanos being scared of Galactus. Its Galan not galen. stick out tongue

The Great Galen
He defeated Thor and fought with him only because it invigorated him.

He didnt lose against Odin. A guy who has affected the mutilverse in a battle with Seth who he owned soon as his full powers returned.

Maker had infinte power and was a reality warper who Thanos injured physically then dominated her mind. He didnt seriously injure Galactus,but I havent seen many launch him that far.

Galactus was depleted and stated it on panel. The scan has been up multiple times.

Odin was not at the power he was when he fought seth, what feats does maker have...cause the whole"infinite powerset"hyperbole is getting old. Everything else was a losing battle...if he had won it would be a different story.

quanchi112
Odin was not at the power he was when he fought seth, what feats does maker have...cause the whole"infinite powerset"hyperbole is getting old. Everything else was a losing battle...if he had won it would be a different story. Yes,he was. Did you read the story?

I have been over this a million times and put up scans. Maker was powerful and infinite power means infinite power. It was at the beginning of the book. He exhausted Galactus with one shield. Id say Darkseid is in for it. Thanos defeated Thor wit the power gem while he annihilated the IWatch,etc.

The Great Galen
Most of your post was wrong, but I'll focus on this especially: he didn't beg to not be hit. He begged for Galactus to listen to him, for the sake of the universe. The Hunger tampered with his instrumentation. Thanos knew it. Galen didn't. Thanos was attempting to inform him and spare the 616 reality a dimension-eating threat. It had nothing to do with Thanos being scared of Galactus.

Coming from the guy who thinks Supes isn't FTL lolm right...Thanos was not scared of galactus which is why he had his shields up..I suppose that makes sense. Point is he was in a losing battle agaisnt Thor and odin so dont make it sound like they are peers. Maker is featless so why bother bringing her in?

The Great Galen
Yes,he was. Did you read the story?

I have been over this a million times and put up scans. Maker was powerful and infinite power means infinite power. It was at the beginning of the book. He exhausted Galactus with one shield. Id say Darkseid is in for it. Thanos defeated Thor wit the power gem while he annihilated the IWatch,etc.

Thanos did not defeat Thor, he used tech to imprision him which is not the same as a defeat. Galactus broke through Thanos shield with 2 generic blast and didn't look the least bit strained. Odin vs Thanos was onesided, Odin has no visable injury while Thanos was on the ground most of the time...which fight were u reading?

quanchi112
Thanos did not defeat Thor, he used tech to imprision him which is not the same as a defeat. Galactus broke through Thanos shield with 2 generic blast and didn't look the least bit strained. Odin vs Thanos was onesided, Odin has no visable injury while Thanos was on the ground most of the time...which fight were u reading? Thanos defeated Thor. Unless you think he wanted to be trapped in force block.

Galactus stated how impressive his shield was and later stated he needed to feed because of this encounter. Have you read it?

Thanos showed off his durability wit no shields against a being who can affect the multiverse.

Thanos wins as these characters are simply more powerful than the pc guys darkseid went thru.

The Great Galen
Thanos defeated Thor. Unless you think he wanted to be trapped in force block.

Galactus stated how impressive his shield was and later stated he needed to feed because of this encounter. Have you read it?

Thanos showed off his durability wit no shields against a being who can affect the multiverse.

Thanos wins as these characters are simply more powerful than the pc guys darkseid went thru.

rolling on floor laughing

Enyalus
Coming from the guy who thinks Supes isn't FTL lolm right...Thanos was not scared of galactus which is why he had his shields up..I suppose that makes sense. Point is he was in a losing battle agaisnt Thor and odin so dont make it sound like they are peers. Maker is featless so why bother bringing her in?

Thanos beat Thor. He didn't conclusively lose to Odin. Maker has infinite power and was easily stronger than The Fallen One, Skreet, Gladiator, and everyone else in that prison.

And no, he wasn't scared of Galactus. Having your shields up when Galactus blasts you is called common damn sense. Something you lack.

quanchi112
rolling on floor laughing Concession accepted.Originally posted by Enyalus
Thanos beat Thor. He didn't conclusively lose to Odin. Maker has infinite power and was easily stronger than The Fallen One, Skreet, Gladiator, and everyone else in that prison.

And no, he wasn't scared of Galactus. Having your shields up when Galactus blasts you is called common damn sense. Something you lack. laughing out loud

The Great Galen

And no, he wasn't scared of Galactus. Having your shields up when Galactus blasts you is called common damn sense. Something you lack.

Again, maker is featless so why she is being brought up is beyond me. Thanos beat thor via plot device, wasn't anything under his own power. So he wasn't scared of galactus yet he had his shields up and was in a damn hurry to get what he needed before Galactus arrived and literally pwn'ed the shit outta him....he was huddled in his shield hoping it wouldn't break.

The Great Galen
Concession accepted. laughing out loud

Quan u did say u believe Thanos would Odin again in a rematch so...is there any point in arguing lol.

quanchi112
Again, maker is featless so why she is being brought up is beyond me. Thanos beat thor via plot device, wasn't anything under his own power. So he wasn't scared of galactus yet he had his shields up and was in a damn hurry to get what he needed before Galactus arrived and literally pwn'ed the shit outta him....he was huddled in his shield hoping it wouldn't break. So,because a character doesnt have all kinds of feats we ignore the power level and everything else and judge solely on feats?

Thanos added this into his own personal tech. Its a part of his arsenal now.

Could darkseid stand up to Galactus for long?

Enyalus
Again, maker is featless so why she is being brought up is beyond me. Thanos beat thor via plot device, wasn't anything under his own power. So he wasn't scared of galactus yet he had his shields up and was in a damn hurry to get what he needed before Galactus arrived and literally pwn'ed the shit outta him....he was huddled in his shield hoping it wouldn't break.

1) Maker has feats in that very arc. Read it or be quiet.

2) Thanos beat Thor via a Force Block. Which is something under his own power and not a plot device. He's used his Force Block numerous times before.

3) Thanos put his shields up when it was clear Galactus wasn't going to listen to him. He says, "all shields up." Read the arc or be quiet.

4) Thanos didn't come there to fight Galactus. He came there to warn him that his stupidity was endangering everyone in the 616 reality. He wanted to speak with Galactus. He didn't need to "hurry" up and get anything.

The Great Galen
So,because a character doesnt have all kinds of feats we ignore the power level and everything else and judge solely on feats?

Thanos added this into his own personal tech. Its a part of his arsenal now.

Could darkseid stand up to Galactus for long?

According to the cross-over he can...and much better then thanos has ever been depicted. We need feats to judge becayse sometimes"implied power" is never enough. Thor is currently supposed to be more powerful then his classic iteration yet the feats don't support, without any concrete feats we having nothing to gauge on.

The Great Galen
1) Maker has feats in that very arc. Read it or be quiet.

2) Thanos beat Thor via a Force Block. Which is something under his own power and not a plot device. He's used his Force Block numerous times before.

3) Thanos put his shields up when it was clear Galactus wasn't going to listen to him. He says, "all shields up." Read the arc or be quiet.

4) Thanos didn't come there to fight Galactus. He came there to warn him that his stupidity was endangering everyone in the 616 reality. He wanted to speak with Galactus. He didn't need to "hurry" up and get anything.

1. No

2. Used a gun read the arc

3. No

4. ........and once again no

quanchi112
According to the cross-over he can...and much better then thanos has ever been depicted. We need feats to judge becayse sometimes"implied power" is never enough. Thor is currently supposed to be more powerful then his classic iteration yet the feats don't support, without any concrete feats we having nothing to gauge on. Galactus was weaker than he had ever been in that arc. he took on his entire planet with the Surfer. Darkseid's omega beams did nothing while Thanos actually inflicted damage on Galactus. laughing out loud

Thor is as powerful as his classic version. He isnt Odin level imo.

Read the arc. You continue to be ignorant and Im sick and tired of putting the same scans up over and over again.

quanchi112
1. No

3. No

4. ........and once again no 1.What did the Maker do in the arc then?

2.Later added the tech to his person and tried it on Odin.

3and 4. Tell us what happened then. Prove you read it.

Enyalus
1. No

3. No

4. ........and once again no

Wrong. And of course you don't have proof to back up your wild assertions either. You've been warned for that before. It's trolling.

Nihilist
According to the cross-over he can...and much better then thanos has ever been depicted. We need feats to judge becayse sometimes"implied power" is never enough. Thor is currently supposed to be more powerful then his classic iteration yet the feats don't support, without any concrete feats we having nothing to gauge on. according to the cross over!!!the oe did jack against galactus,it didnt even register with him.

thanos sent him flying and got him pissed,ds might as well hit him with a feather.

The Great Galen
Galactus was weaker than he had ever been in that arc. he took on his entire planet with the Surfer. Darkseid's omega beams did nothing while Thanos actually inflicted damage on Galactus. laughing out loud

Thor is as powerful as his classic version. He isnt Odin level imo.

Read the arc. You continue to be ignorant and Im sick and tired of putting the same scans up over and over again.

DS's creations were actually putting the beating on Galactus there...things from which he created under his own power lol. On that note didn't Kyle state that supes was physically stronger then Thanos in the same arc and we all know this version of DS bitched the hell outta supes. I read the arc, ur obviosuly fabricating it to ur own design.

The Great Galen
Wrong. And of course you don't have proof to back up your wild assertions either. You've been warned for that before. It's trolling.

Im not the one claiming Thanos beat Odin,Thor and making the maker into something she obviously is not. Exactly what is Thanos going to do to DS here?

Enyalus
Im not the one claiming Thanos beat Odin,Thor and making the maker into something she obviously is not. Exactly what is Thanos going to do to DS here?

I already gave GDS DS the win over Thanos. You should read more carefully.

I also didn't claim he beat Odin. But he did beat Thor. And the Maker - who has infinite power and was far stronger than everyone else in Kyln.

Bada's Palin
I already gave GDS DS the win over Thanos. You should read more carefully.

I also didn't claim he beat Odin. But he did beat Thor. And the Maker - who has infinite power and was far stronger than everyone else in Kyln.

Doesn't matter how infinite the Maker's power is, he/she's weak to telepathy.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Doesn't matter how infinite the Maker's power is, he/she's weak to telepathy.

Thanos overpowered her blast with his own. The same one that left an enormous crator and killed everyone else within that blast radius. Her blast also easily overpowered Skreet, who has vast cosmic power.

quanchi112
DS's creations were actually putting the beating on Galactus there...things from which he created under his own power lol. On that note didn't Kyle state that supes was physically stronger then Thanos in the same arc and we all know this version of DS bitched the hell outta supes. I read the arc, ur obviosuly fabricating it to ur own design. He was weaker than ever. he had a whole planet backing him up. It wasnt darkseid.

When was that stated? What are you talking about?

Who was talking about Superman and darkseid here?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Doesn't matter how infinite the Maker's power is, he/she's weak to telepathy. Thanos hurt her physically.

quanchi112
Im not the one claiming Thanos beat Odin,Thor and making the maker into something she obviously is not. Exactly what is Thanos going to do to DS here? Beat his head in. His shielding makes Darkseid go down hard here.

The Great Galen
He was weaker than ever. he had a whole planet backing him up. It wasnt darkseid.

When was that stated? What are you talking about?

Who was talking about Superman and darkseid here?

Im just using the same ABC logic as u, because Thanos beat a featless wonder and a plot device to beat Thor...somehow he beats GDS DS laughing

The Great Galen
Beat his head in. His shielding makes Darkseid go down hard here.

Except physically DS>PC Supes which is>>>>DS...unless u can prove Thanos physical superiority over PC supes.

quanchi112
Im just using the same ABC logic as u, because Thanos beat a featless wonder and a plot device to beat Thor...somehow he beats GDS DS laughing You keep saying the same thing while providing no contradictory proof whatsoever.

he added that plot device to his own tech. Its a viable option for him. You are trying so hard to downplay Thanos here.

The Great Galen
You keep saying the same thing while providing no contradictory proof whatsoever.

he added that plot device to his own tech. Its a viable option for him. You are trying so hard to downplay Thanos here.

This DS has the powers of Mordu and Time Trapper in addition to his power...even if u believe Thanos>DS u can't honestly believe Thanos>3 beings whom are all easily skyfather beings.

quanchi112
This DS has the powers of Mordu and Time Trapper in addition to his power...even if u believe Thanos>DS u can't honestly believe Thanos>3 beings whom are all easily skyfather beings. Thanos doesnt have to take on these beings. He has to take on Darkseid here who wasnt displaying sorcery on par with Mordru here just for an example.

The Great Galen
Dude...he had there powers as stating on-panel. You know just because he didn't show it doesn't mean it is not there, remember when doom had galactus power and said reality was warping with just his thoughts....has galactus ever really shown ubber reality warping before either.

quanchi112
Dude...he had there powers as stating on-panel. You know just because he didn't show it doesn't mean it is not there, remember when doom had galactus power and said reality was warping with just his thoughts....has galactus ever really shown ubber reality warping before either. You cant say he has those powers when he didnt demonstrate them on panel.

When did I ever argue for Galactus reality warping for the win?

Allankles
You cant say he has those powers when he didnt demonstrate them on panel.

When did I ever argue for Galactus reality warping for the win?

He had their raw power whether he could spam spells like Mordu is irrelevant the point is he drew power from Mordu and his realm as well as Time Trapper. Beyond that his TP and his esoteric powers in general were clearly above Thanos level.

quanchi112
He had their raw power whether he could spam spells like Mordu is irrelevant the point is he drew power from Mordu and his realm as well as Time Trapper. Beyond that his TP and his esoteric powers in general were clearly above Thanos level. He was still much weaker than these three characters combined. I disagree that he was above Thanos level. Most agree he is below Odin and we saw how a preupgraded Thanos fared against him. Thanos is too much here and with his shields its in the bag. He took on Odin without his shields even and was still hanging tough.

Allankles
He was still much weaker than these three characters combined. I disagree that he was above Thanos level. Most agree he is below Odin and we saw how a preupgraded Thanos fared against him. Thanos is too much here and with his shields its in the bag. He took on Odin without his shields even and was still hanging tough.

Your using Odin as a qualifier? Personally I think DS has the raw power to take Odin. Darkseid generally fares well against magical type beings. In FC he pretty much shut down all the Earth gods.

quanchi112
Your using Odin as a qualifier? Personally I think DS has the raw power to take Odin. Darkseid generally fares well against magical type beings. In FC he pretty much shut down all the Earth gods. This isnt fc Darkseid. Huge difference there friend.

Odin has affected the multiverse and has greater feats than gds darkseid. So,how can he stack up against someone like this?

Allankles
This isnt fc Darkseid. Huge difference there friend.

Odin has affected the multiverse and has greater feats than gds darkseid. So,how can he stack up against someone like this?

Thing is there's nothing in terms of personal power that Thanos has shown that would make me think he wouldn't get depowered and man handled by DS here.

quanchi112
Thing is there's nothing in terms of personal power that Thanos has shown that would make me think he wouldn't get depowered and man handled by DS here. There is nothing that Darkseid shows me that he could hang with Thanos. Thanos takes on more powerful characters than darkseid.

Allankles
There is nothing that Darkseid shows me that he could hang with Thanos.

Other than being able to depower skyfathers with ease?

Thanos takes on more powerful characters than darkseid.

Yeah like Odin right? Problem with using Odin as the qualifier here is that Thanos didn't win that fight, all he managed to do was survive and keep from getting destroyed. He was the one who got hurt in that fight not Odin.

The difference between DS and Thanos is that DS actually takes out skyfathers with his personal power, not simply takes out but shuts their power down and uses it as his own.

DS has the wins over skyfathers under his personal power Thanos does not. So it's Thanos who hasn't shown anything that demonstrates he can hang with DS.

quanchi112
Other than being able to depower skyfathers with ease? He depowered a clueless Mordru. Thanos has his shields up and wins. We have been over this already and are going to start to repeat ourselves over and over again.

Allankles
He depowered a clueless Mordru. Thanos has his shields up and wins. We have been over this already and are going to start to repeat ourselves over and over again.

How is a force field going to stop DS from depowering him? DS is going to take Thanos' energy how is putting up an energy shield going to mean anything against that?

guy222
DS

quanchi112
How is a force field going to stop DS from depowering him? DS is going to take Thanos' energy how is putting up an energy shield going to mean anything against that? Why didnt Darkseid absorb Superman and the others? He isnt absorbing Thanos. If Galactus has to exert himself to break it Darkseid isnt going to magically bypass it.

cloud102
DS

Allankles
Why didnt Darkseid absorb Superman and the others?

That's irrelevant we're discussing DS in GDS where he was weakened and he depowered and drained some skyfathers to empower himself.

DS in GDS was depowering skyfathers what he hasn't done on other occasions shouldn't matter...

He isnt absorbing Thanos. If Galactus has to exert himself to break it Darkseid isnt going to magically bypass it.

Thanos has a force field its job is to protect him from direct physical attacks if DS is draining all his energy an energy shield isn't going to make a difference.

Besides Darkseid is a true god, he doesn't need to play according to Thanos' limitations.

quanchi112
That's irrelevant we're discussing DS in GDS where he was weakened and he depowered and drained some skyfathers to empower himself.

DS in GDS was depowering skyfathers what he hasn't done on other occasions shouldn't matter...

Thanos has a force field its job is to protect him from direct physical attacks if DS is draining all his energy an energy shield isn't going to make a difference.

Besides Darkseid is a true god, he doesn't need to play according to Thanos' limitations. It actually isnt irrelevant at all. Since he has been powered up by those two then he wont even attempt to drain Thanos since he didnt do it to anyone else.

Prove Darkseid can drain through a forcefield. Its up there to protect you from being hit. Prove he can absorb right through a shield.

Thor is a true god. What does being a true god matter? laughing out loud Thanos pwns true gods.

Juntai
Darkseid.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by quanchi112 Thor is a true god. What does being a true god matter? laughing out loud Thanos pwns true gods.

that arent named Odin...........MAYBE.

Tazer

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

that arent named Odin...........MAYBE.

Tazer Thanos took on Odin who is a lot more powerful than Darkseid. He did alright while everyone else was dropping like flies.

Tazer
Yo.

Your using Odin as a qualifier? Personally I think DS has the raw power to take Odin. Darkseid generally fares well against magical type beings. In FC he pretty much shut down all the Earth gods.

in FC most of the Earth gods have already been long gone by the time DS happens to be reborn.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Thanos took on Odin who is a lot more powerful than Darkseid. He did alright while everyone else was dropping like flies.

he ended up on his knees as I recall, as opposed to Odin who was on his feet.

thats about as far from a pwning as U can get.

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

he ended up on his knees as I recall, as opposed to Odin who was on his feet.

thats about as far from a pwning as U can get.

Tazer Odin saluted him as a great opponent. Thanos was on his feet when the fight stopped refusing to yield. Odin is much more powerful than Darkseid anyways imo.

Tazer
Yo.

PC DS>GDS however, what we saw from him during that arc should easily be duplicated by PC DS.

eh??

PC-DS = GDS-DS, and is prolly the strongest he'd ever been shown to be.

Tazer

iceman24567
Darkseid stomps.

Tazer
Yo.

Odin saluted him as a great opponent. Thanos was on his feet when the fight stopped refusing to yield. Odin is much more powerful than Darkseid anyways imo.

who cares if Odin gave him props??

point is Thanos hasnt pwn'd anybody named "Odin":

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2043/attachmentdq7.th.jpg

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/8099/attachmentpp6.th.jpg

Tazer

Allankles
Yo.

in FC most of the Earth gods have already been long gone by the time DS happens to be reborn.

Tazer

Actually the Earth gods have either been killed or are running for their lives.

quanchi112
Yo.

who cares if Odin gave him props??

point is Thanos hasnt pwn'd anybody named "Odin":

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2043/attachmentdq7.th.jpg

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/8099/attachmentpp6.th.jpg

Tazer Thanos hung with a more powerful giy named Odin before his last upgrade. Thanos defeats Darkseid.

Philosophía
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_DarkseidOverthrowingGods.jpg

Allankles
Thanos took on Odin who is a lot more powerful than Darkseid. He did alright while everyone else was dropping like flies.

Since when was Odin a lot more powerful than Darkseid? This is is the same DS who has absorbed other pantheons who has power over oblivion itself through his command of the omega force.

The same DS who is shattering and destroying the DC multiverse. The same god who is the very representation of the dark side of the Source.

C'mon you're reaching here. Skyfathers get depowered by DS, Thanos can only manage at best to survive an encounter with Odin. IMO DS would have fared a lot better than Thanos. He has more power and more esoteric abilities like depowering skyfathers with his own power.

Furthermore DS seems to fair very well against magic oriented types. And the Earth gods, egyptian, olympian seem to fear his power time and again before and during FC.

Also the new gods are somewhat unique as far as pantheons go because of their creation by the Source and because every reality was enclosed within their fourth world.

Allankles
Thanos hung with a more powerful giy named Odin before his last upgrade. Thanos defeats Darkseid.

I have my doubts that Odin's power would bother DS as much as it bothered Thanos. In fact based on the nature of DS himself IMO he's above Odin.

Tazer
Yo.

Actually the Earth gods have either been killed or are running for their lives.

most of which happend b4 DS died.

hell, we know alot of them had left during IC.

Tazer

Allankles
Yo.

most of which happend b4 DS died.

hell, we know alot of them had left during IC.

Tazer

We know they were all overthrown by DS and the few that remain are running for their lives.

Tazer
Yo.

Thanos hung with a more powerful giy named Odin before his last upgrade. Thanos defeats Darkseid.

regular DS, he likely does.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

We know they were all overthrown by DS and the few that remain are running for their lives.

I disagree, since the Titans disappeared long b4 that, and we've no idea wat happend to the Hindu or Egyptian contingent.

also, we saw the Greeks freed during Countdown as I recall.

Tazer

quanchi112
I have my doubts that Odin's power would bother DS as much as it bothered Thanos. In fact based on the nature of DS himself IMO he's above Odin. Based on what?Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

regular DS, he likely does.

Tazer Any Ds.

Allankles
Yo.

I disagree, since the Titans disappeared long b4 that, and we've no idea wat happend to the Hindu or Egyptian contingent.

also, we saw the Greeks freed during Countdown as I recall.

Tazer

Countdown was retconned I thought? If you read FC 4 (i believe) and the checkmate one-shot it says that the gods are either dead and the few remaining have to run to survive. The cheetah I think it was stated that her god is one of the few who survived and he's running for her life.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Now DS is going to beat odin when he can't seem to beat supes on a regular basis and gets killed by orion? Yeah... sure.

quanchi112
Countdown was retconned I thought? If you read FC 4 (i believe) and the checkmate one-shot it says that the gods are either dead and the few remaining have to run to survive. The cheetah I think it was stated that her god is one of the few who survived and he's running for her life. I think it was just inconsistent writing.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Now DS is going to beat odin when he can't seem to beat supes on a regular basis and gets killed by orion? Yeah... sure.
PC DS demolished PC supes with ease,try using your brain I heard it helps.

Allankles
Based on what?

Based on his history with Odin type characters. The Olympian gods, Mordu et al. Furthermore the simple fact that the New god pantheon encloses all other realities in DC.

They are way more vital to the condition of the multiverse than any other pantheon. Also way more powerful in their true forms (where entire realities/universes are miniature to them) than the other gods.

Because they are so powerful the only thing that kept DS from destroying all the other gods was New Genesis once the good gods lost the war in heaven the shackles were off for DS and the other dark gods.

Granny goodness alone is in the process of destroying the guardians of the universe.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Based on what? Any Ds.

not GDS-DS imo

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Countdown was retconned I thought? If you read FC 4 (i believe) and the checkmate one-shot it says that the gods are either dead and the few remaining have to run to survive. The cheetah I think it was stated that her god is one of the few who survived and he's running for her life.

admittedly, where CD stands in validity is questionable....

Tazer

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>