Silver Surfer vs Thor: Melee Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No energy attacks, matter or energy manipulation. Everything else goes (ie Surfer can amp).

Both fighters are blood-lusted.

Surfer gets his board and Thor gets his hammer.

Wei Phoenix
I thought a slugfest was with hands only.

ultimatethor
Thor.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I thought a slugfest was with hands only. well maybe as its common usage...I just use slugfest for battles that only involve physical attacks

darthgoober
With his hammer Thor would win. In a fight with no hammer though, I see Surfer's durability/speed giving him more of an edge than Thor's strength.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Starscream M
well maybe as its common usage...I just use slugfest for battles that only involve physical attacks

Oh I would've said Melee only then to fight confusion.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Oh I would've said Melee only then to fight confusion. ok, I'll take that into consideration for future threads I make. I can't change thread title.

DigiMark007
Thor for the stomp. Even sans hammer, once he gets a hold of Surfer, which he would eventually, it's likely over for him.

Enyalus
With the hammer, Thor.

Afterall, SS is weak to magic. shifty

Starscream M
Originally posted by darthgoober
With his hammer Thor would win. In a fight with no hammer though, I see Surfer's durability/speed giving him more of an edge than Thor's strength. surfer could use his board offensively as well though

darthgoober
ok, I'll take that into consideration for future threads I make. I can't change thread title.
Yes you can. Hit "Edit" on the opening post and select "Advanced Options". Then just change the title when it brings up your post. Not saying you have to do that here, just letting you know it's an option...

Starscream M
Yes you can. Hit "Edit" on the opening post and select "Advanced Options". Then just change the title when it brings up your post. Not saying you have to do that here, just letting you know it's an option... ah cool...didn't know about advanced option

thanks

darthgoober
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Thor for the stomp. Even sans hammer, once he gets a hold of Surfer, which he would eventually, it's likely over for him.
I have to disagree in regards to Thor without the hammer. Surfer can shake off punches on Thor's level without to much trouble(as he's done against Hulk and Wonder Man), it's that damn hammer that allows him to take it to Surfer. Take away the hammer and I see Surfer's durability and speed giving him the win after a lengthy fight.

surfer could use his board offensively as well though
Doesn't pack nearly as much wallop. He could get in some good shots with it and it'd be useful as a shield, but it's not anywhere near the Offensive Marvel that Thor's hammer is...

Starscream M

Doesn't pack nearly as much wallop. He could get in some good shots with it and it'd be useful as a shield, but it's not anywhere near the Offensive Marvel that Thor's hammer is... right...I understand it isn't nearly as powerful an offensive tool as thor's hammer

but as you said, it would surve as a pretty effective shield

plus Surfer has mental command over it and can use it during the fight to constantly distract thor (ramming it in thor's back while they fight)

darthgoober
right...I understand it isn't nearly as powerful an offensive tool as thor's hammer

but as you said, it would surve as a pretty effective shield

plus Surfer has mental command over it and can use it during the fight to constantly distract thor (ramming it in thor's back while they fight)
Oh I definitely think Surfer could win a couple/few if he plays it smart with his board, I just can't see him doing it for the majority.

SoulDevourer
SS is more durable (notch above Superman & Capt. Marvel etc.) and also has superspeed. he has the advantage
(plus he's not vulnerable to magic...???)

Thor would try to get in a few hits with the hammer but SS is too fast

kgkg
Ok so this is SS pretty much trying to win only via H2H?

So pretty much Handicap SS vs Thor

Thor for the easy win

ultimatethor
When u consider the things that thor has smashed with his hammer, SS is in serious trouble.

kgkg
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
SS is more durable (notch above Superman & Capt. Marvel etc.) and also has superspeed. he has the advantage
(plus he's not vulnerable to magic...???)

Thor would try to get in a few hits with the hammer but SS is too fast Surfer is durable but he will not last that long when Thor is pounding him with Mjolnir.

Surfer does have an speed advantage but what good is speed when he can not use energy blasts.

Surfer will get in few hits but Mjolnir is to powerful.

Bada's Palin
If Surfer pours all his energy into amplifying himself, odds are he could knock out Thor. I'd give Thor a nod in the long run, but what if Surfer put ALL his energy into a single punch?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
If Surfer pours all his energy into amplifying himself, odds are he could knock out Thor. I'd give Thor a nod in the long run, but what if Surfer put ALL his energy into a single punch?
Hard to say. I don't even know if it's possible for Surfer to put all his energy into a single punch, I mean we're talking about a LOT of power. But Surfer's said that he can increase his strength to virtually any degree so it's theoretically possible.

Assuming that it is, I could see that punch outright killing anyone short of Skyfather level, and I could see quite a few Skyfathers getting KO'd or at the very least knocked flat on their asses. Most people think of the Blackhole when measuring Surfer's energy, but they forget that Surfer created that thing with ease, there was no sign of his being tired from the effort. Since we're talking about Surfer using ALL of his power on one concentrated effect then that's the kind of thing we have to look at in his history.

Here Surfer is going to put all his power into healing a dying planet in an effort to kill himself. He brings back life in the oceans, restores the soil, and heals the population... but then he loses control of his power and ends up evolving the planet and everything on billions of years in a matter of moments and the entire planet dies...

...not to sound like too much of a Surfer fanboy but if a punch containing all that power connected squarely, I could honestly see a headless Thor as the result. And that was Pre-Annihilation...

Starscream M

...not to sound like too much of a Surfer fanboy but if a punch containing all that power connected squarely, I could honestly see a headless Thor as the result. And that was Pre-Annihilation... thats assuming power to evolve could translate to physical attack power

I'm not convinced that's the case

kgkg
thats assuming power to evolve could translate to physical attack power

I'm not convinced that's the case He can amp his physical strength etc

but i think people are getting to excited laughing out loud

Red Hulk

I'm not convinced that's the case All of Surfer's power(s) comes from the same energy source...

darthgoober

I'm not convinced that's the case
What Bran said(with kg's scan for proof)...

Starscream M
well I know he can amp his strength

my point was that using a feat such as "creating a blackhole" or "evolving a planet" gives us no quantifiable measure as to how much he can amp up

I certainly don't believe that he can amp himself beyond a couple multiples max...saying he can infinitely get stronger is ridiculous imo (he certainly should've amped himself against Tyrant or Thanos if his amping abilities were so great)

darthgoober
well I know he can amp his strength

my point was that using a feat such as "creating a blackhole" or "evolving a planet" gives us no quantifiable measure as to how much he can amp up

I certainly don't believe that he can amp himself beyond a couple multiples max...saying he can infinitely get stronger is ridiculous imo (he certainly should've amped himself against Tyrant or Thanos if his amping abilities were so great)
I didn't say that he could increase his strength infinitely, in fact I questioned whether or not he could even put all his power into pure strength. My assessment was openly theoretical and based on the assumption that the totality of Surfer's energy reserves could be used to that effect. As an example of how far Surfer can take a single ability with the totality of his energy I showed an example of him doing so. His Healing Powers are still back by his power reserves, as made evident by his stating that he's going to "use up the stores of his power" in the 3rd panel of the 1st scan.

ultimatethor
Theoretically surfer shouldnt be able to amp himself infinitely unless he contains infinite energy. He shud only be able to amp himself to the level of energy he has wiithin himself( still thats a whole lot of energy). Though im not sure how u wud determine the energy strength ratio.

Starscream M
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Theoretically surfer shouldnt be able to amp himself infinitely. He should be able to amp himself unless he contains infinite energy. He shud only be able to amp himself to the level of energy he has wiithin himself( still thats a whole lot of energy) I would guess that Surfer could amp himself to be 2 to 3 times stronger at most...which is still pretty damn powerful but would still put him below Thanos

darthgoober
I would guess that Surfer could amp himself to be 2 to 3 times stronger at most...which is still pretty damn powerful but would still put him below Thanos
Surfer briefly matched Thanos's power output in Annihilation...

Starscream M
Surfer briefly matched Thanos's power output in Annihilation... how is that strength?

darthgoober
how is that strength?
Do you really think that Thanos's strength is that much higher than his blast potential?

Starscream M
Do you really think that Thanos's strength is that much higher than his blast potential? I think its apples and oranges and therefore cannot be quantifiably compared.

Enyalus
Surfer briefly matched Thanos's power output in Annihilation...

Wha?

darthgoober
I think its apples and oranges and therefore cannot be quantifiably compared.
Sure it can. His punch utilizes kinetic energy, just like his blast utilize cosmic energy. Which do you think delivers more energy overall and by how much?

kgkg
I think its apples and oranges and therefore cannot be quantifiably compared. what about bananas

Starscream M
And I do think that Thano's blast output at average is maybe 3-4x more powerful than Surfer's average blast

whereas I think Thanos strength is at 7-8x Surfer's level

so Surfer can much better match Thano's blast output than the titan's strength

darthgoober
And I do think that Thano's blast output at average is maybe 3-4x more powerful than Surfer's average blast

whereas I think Thanos strength is at 7-8x Surfer's level

so Surfer can much better match Thano's blast output than the titan's strength
Which do you think carries more power, a punch from Thanos or a blast from Thanos?

Red Hulk
Thanos wouldn't create a machine that makes him exert himself to use. He'd create one that would be able to be used from his most basic level possible.

Still above many beings.

Starscream M
Which do you think carries more power, a punch from Thanos or a blast from Thanos? a blast

kgkg
a blast Just curious, what are you basing this on? any particular feat that stands out?

Starscream M
Originally posted by kgkg
Just curious, what are you basing this on? any particular feat that stands out? purely my opinion...I just figured a blast is more damaging than his punch

I mean his blast has sent Galactus flying (that may be a high outlier) but still it was impressive

I don't see his punch being able to do nearly the same to Galactus

darthgoober
a blast
Well if Surfer can match a blast and we're talking about even more energy than that being channeled into physical strength then why don't see Surfer as being Thanos's equal in strength here? Unless I'm mistaken UT was also addressing the theoretical topic of Surfer channeling all of his power reserves into a single punch.

Keep in mind that I'm not talking about Thanos's max strength because he can also amp, I'm talking about his "normal" strength level.

Starscream M
Well if Surfer can match a blast and we're talking about even more energy than that being channeled into physical strength then why don't see Surfer as being Thanos's equal in strength here? Unless I'm mistaken UT was also addressing the theoretical topic of Surfer channeling all of his power reserves into a single punch.

Keep in mind that I'm not talking about Thanos's max strength because he can also amp, I'm talking about his "normal" strength level. a discussion of theoreticals and hypotheticals isn't really fruitful

we could all conjecture about what surfer could potentially amp his strength to and come with vastly different conclusions

or we could go by his actual amping of his strength in onpanel demonstrations to determine realistic levels of amp

darthgoober
a discussion of theoretical and hypotheticals isn't really fruitful

we could all conjecture about what surfer could potentially amp his strength to and come with vastly different conclusions

or we could go by his actual amping of his strength in onpanel demonstrations to determine realistic levels of amp
And that's a reasonable standard to keep to in a typical debate, but I've been discussing an openly theoretical scenario. I was under the impression that you were still on the scenario we were talking about earlier, I didn't realize that the discussion at hand had changed.

I've already given my opinion of the outcome without getting into theoreticals...
With his hammer Thor would win. In a fight with no hammer though, I see Surfer's durability/speed giving him more of an edge than Thor's strength.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by kgkg
Surfer is durable but he will not last that long when Thor is pounding him with Mjolnir.

Surfer does have an speed advantage but what good is speed when he can not use energy blasts.

Surfer will get in few hits but Mjolnir is to powerful. "what good is speed" ? uh it kinda helps to dodge for example (it's very useful when the other guy doesn't have superspeed)

mjolnir is powerful but so is the surfer board. all of these things are up there in the 1337 ultrahard near-indestructible class along with Cap's shield etc

Enyalus
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
"what good is speed" ? uh it kinda helps to dodge for example (it's very useful when the other guy doesn't have superspeed)

mjolnir is powerful but so is the surfer board. all of these things are up there in the 1337 ultrahard near-indestructible class along with Cap's shield etc

Except that Surfer's board was shattered by God-Cable.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

zeel
this thread cracks me up. Its amazing how many people think surfer will fall to thor but superman will stop thor.

this fight can go either way but id give the edge to thor.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by zeel
this thread cracks me up. Its amazing how many people think surfer will fall to thor but superman will stop thor.

Well this thread is just hand to hand and not overall power. Also thor gets his hamer. Most people agree that surfer>>>supes overall

Avlon
Originally posted by Enyalus
Except that Surfer's board was shattered by God-Cable.

Damn, you got to this first.

I don't see God Cable shattering Mjolnir...or could he? shifty

kgkg
Originally posted by zeel

so your saying superman should not beat thor? because "people" say surfer will fall to thor wink ?

Mighty Saxon
thor's legendary melee/fighting skills against a cosmic?.. psh... Thor tears him to shreds

Stoic
Thor should win this with his hammer, but if there was no hammer I don't see him being able to hurt the Surfer. Let's look at this from another angle, if Thor fought the Hulk without his hammer it is common belief that the Hulk would maul him, yet the Hulk has yet to prove that he can hurt the Surfer with his fists.

Mindship
Surfer brought the Hulk to his hands and knees with one boardswipe to the back of the head. I would think Thor would fare less well.

Still, the Surfer is more dependent on energy attacks than Thor, so I'm inclined to give this to Goldilocks. But I could see it going either way.

Priest
Thor winz

Enyalus
Originally posted by Avlon
Damn, you got to this first.

I don't see God Cable shattering Mjolnir...or could he? shifty

Don't underestimate Jesus. He rose from the dead. He can do a lot of impossible things. shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.