Only the Dark Lord of the Sith knows of our weakness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin_the_Hutt
Mace says he thinks it's time they inform the Senate that their ability to use the Force has diminished. Do the Jedi have a weakness that prohibits them from using the Force?

Hybris
Not really. Sidious was just clouding their vision of the Force. Just look at what Yoda says in the PT, about the dark side shrouding and clouding their vision...

Anakin_the_Hutt
"If informed the Senate is, multiply our adversaries will."

So Yoda thinks that if they tell the Senate, "The Dark Side is getting stronger because we're getting clouded and blind." that would be a bad thing? Shouldn't they be told?

"A storm's a-comin' - preeeeepaaare." But a serious sh*t storm, the Dark Side is effecting them so much that Mace thinks the Senate should be informed...and the way he says it too, "I think it's time..."

Anakin_the_Hutt
Yoda's like, "No! If whoever's doing this KNOWS we know, then more will join in."

sweersa
Originally posted by Anakin_the_Hutt
Yoda's like, "No! If whoever's doing this KNOWS we know, then more will join in."

He means basically if people know the Jedi's vision is clouded, all of the criminals will be better off making moves and not being detected, if cops lost all of their bullets they wouldn't tell everybody becuase crime would increase.

Congrats on your 100th post by the way.

Anakin_the_Hutt
At the price of saving the galaxy of criminals thinking they get a free pass, the galaxy gets blind-sided by some huge disaster that they've felt coming for awhile.

It's not announcing we're out of bullets. It's announcing the Dark Side is growing hardcore...something is going to go down - be wary...we know cause we weak.

Yoda is a fool. His arrogance blinds him.

Slash_KMC

You liar.

Anakin_the_Hutt
He knows it himself. This is him on arrogance:

"A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Hmm. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones."

Darth Sidious throws it in his face. Blind fools never saw it coming - or if they did - they did nothing.

sweersa

He was being smart. Had he have told the senate the ability to use the Force isn't so hot then people would take advantage of that and try to screw the Jedi over left and right, which is the last thing they need. Of course that doesn't even matter becuase the Sith know and that is the threat that they never saw coming so fast.

Anakin_the_Hutt
So they keep the fact that the Dark Side has gotten so bad that it's affecting their powers to themselves?

Who's side are they on?

Who would be screwing the Jedi left and right? If the Senate knew they were weak because disaster is coming - you don't think they would act or help the Jedi...the keepers of the Peace for the Republic?

Maybe it would cause widespread panic that the Jedi were weak due to incoming doom.

Anakin_the_Hutt
But even then, if you knew a meteor is going to strike the planet - you wouldn't say anything? Just to avoid panic and lawlessness?

Yoda said only the Dark Lord of the Sith knows of their weakness. (Apparently, it's the Dark Side) That their adversaries will multiply if the Senate is informed.

To me, Yoda is like, "If whoever's doing this KNOWS we know, then more will join in." That's not a legitimate reason not to inform the Senate as Mace suggested. He's an old fool.

Ushgarak
This one has already been answered. The Jeid have p;enty of enemies; if they make it public that their powers are diminishing they would have been virtually finished on the spot (in view of the fact they had no army to back themselves with at the point Yoda made the statement).

sweersa
Originally posted by Ushgarak
This one has already been answered. The Jeid have p;enty of enemies; if they make it public that their powers are diminishing they would have been virtually finished on the spot (in view of the fact they had no army to back themselves with at the point Yoda made the statement).

Excatly, basically what I said but better worded. That is the truth man...if you lost your pants and only have your underwear on you are not going to scream that to the world out of your car window. Before you know it a ton of freaks will be trying to pry their way inside.

Anakin_the_Hutt
If you knew losing your pants meant the world is going to end, you'd be more concerned about being exposed and people trying to get at you?

I would think the Jedi would try to make sure the rest of the galaxy had their belts on tighter.

Anakin_the_Hutt
Exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance...Arrogance, defined.

sweersa
If you knew losing your pants meant the world is going to end, you'd be more concerned about being exposed and people trying to get at you?

I would think the Jedi would try to make sure the rest of the galaxy had their belts on tighter.

It is called symbolism my friend, I wasn't being literal.

Why do you double post all of the time?

Jack Daniels
funny death stix make you do that

Jack Daniels
see?

sweersa
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
see?

Hahaha, yes I do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.