Storm vs Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Blood-lust on.

Fight near the ruins of Ancient Greek temples.

Who wins?

Bouboumaster
How Hercules could loose this one?

psy_blade
Storm bfrs herc.

SoulDevourer
lol
ends pretty much like Storm vs Thor big grin

wannabe
Storm could suffocate Herc. It would not kill him permanently, but it would knock him out for some time.
Major down for Herc is his lack of long range attacks, so i don' see him doing anything useful against Storm.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by wannabe
Storm could suffocate Herc. It would not kill him permanently, but it would knock him out for some time.
Major down for Herc is his lack of long range attacks, so i don' see him doing anything useful against Storm.

Except chuck huge pillars and statues at her. Or leaping at her and knocking her out. The guy fights Skrull gods and Ikarus. Storm is a chump compared.

guy222
Herc

wannabe
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Except chuck huge pillars and statues at her. Or leaping at her and knocking her out. The guy fights Skrull gods and Ikarus. Storm is a chump compared.
It's not so much about general power and might, but about particular powers in a particular fight. With fitting power matches, a mere mortal might be successful where a god failed. Ofcourse Storm is no Kly'bn (hope the spelling is right) or Ikaris, but one big advantage of her's in this particular fight is, that Herc's only way of getting her is throwing something or jumping through exactly the element she controls best and with which she proved being able to perform "godly" effects. Once the thrown object leaves Herc's hands or Herc leaves solid ground there's no further force directing the path but aircurrents and gravity, so ...

WhiteWitchKing
It's not so much about general power and might, but about particular powers in a particular fight. With fitting power matches, a mere mortal might be successful where a god failed. Ofcourse Storm is no Kly'bn (hope the spelling is right) or Ikaris, but one big advantage of her's in this particular fight is, that Herc's only way of getting her is throwing something or jumping through exactly the element she controls best and with which she proved being able to perform "godly" effects. Once the thrown object leaves Herc's hands or Herc leaves solid ground there's no further force directing the path but aircurrents and gravity, so ...

Between her and Herc, I highly doubt she'll put him down for a KO. Eventually she'll get tired and Herc would move it for the kill. He needs to land one shot at her for a fatal one wound to occur.

tkitna
I'm having a hard time seeing Hercules winning this.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by tkitna
I'm having a hard time seeing Hercules winning this.

Yeah, me too...

HueyFreeman

Major down for Herc is his lack of long range attacks, so i don' see him doing anything useful against Storm. thunderclap?

SupremeMan
Between her and Herc, I highly doubt she'll put him down for a KO. Eventually she'll get tired and Herc would move it for the kill. He needs to land one shot at her for a fatal one wound to occur.

thumb up That's the post I was looking for that sums it up. She can drag it out by flying but she's got nothing that will put him down for the count. Sooner or later, he'll hit her or just barely graze her and its over.

wannabe
Well, fact is he can be suffocated, he cant fly and he's no energy based ranged attacks. Suffocating him is rather easy for her to perform, so even if it takes hours it won't tire her enough to fail.
The question as i see it is: Can Herc do something to Storm easier than she can do something to him? Since her powerset (played out reasonably) is pretty close to a worst case (non cosmic) scenario for a brick like Herc, i'd give this win to Storm. Man, she just has to levitate him and he'd be practically helpless ... like any breathing brick would/should be.

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
thunderclap?
An attack that is pretty much nothing but a front of compressed air ... against Storm ... brilliant Idea! wink
Don't get me wrong, in a comic it might work for whatever dubious reasons, but if she's written reasonably to her full capacity i don't see a thunderclap do anything to her.

rotiart
Hercules throws a mountain at her.

HueyFreeman

Don't get me wrong, in a comic it might work for whatever dubious reasons, but if she's written reasonably to her full capacity i don't see a thunderclap do anything to her. I see it just like her getting hit with thors lighting. A clap from a demi gods who specializes in power.

WhiteWitchKing
Well, fact is he can be suffocated, he cant fly and he's no energy based ranged attacks. Suffocating him is rather easy for her to perform, so even if it takes hours it won't tire her enough to fail.
The question as i see it is: Can Herc do something to Storm easier than she can do something to him? Since her powerset (played out reasonably) is pretty close to a worst case (non cosmic) scenario for a brick like Herc, i'd give this win to Storm. Man, she just has to levitate him and he'd be practically helpless ... like any breathing brick would/should be.

An attack that is pretty much nothing but a front of compressed air ... against Storm ... brilliant Idea! wink
Don't get me wrong, in a comic it might work for whatever dubious reasons, but if she's written reasonably to her full capacity i don't see a thunderclap do anything to her.

How is she going to suffocate him? If this is a closed arena fight I could see something like that but then again in that environment, it gives him a good chance of catching her with several leaps.

For this fight he does have range attacks. His environment. He can't fly but he can leap pretty high with rocks and pillars in arm and use those as projectiles in the air. He needs but to land one hit and she's dead meat.

KingD19
Herc can leap about a hundred feet straight up, Storm can fly so much higher it's ridiculous. And she can easily suffocate him, surround him in a vortex, which would suck all the air from his lungs. She could also cut him with wind blades, or hit him with enough lightning to fry him.

Wild Shadow
herc would throw a boulder or thunder clap her out of the air.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
Herc can leap about a hundred feet straight up, Storm can fly so much higher it's ridiculous. And she can easily suffocate him, surround him in a vortex, which would suck all the air from his lungs. She could also cut him with wind blades, or hit him with enough lightning to fry him. Cut him with wind blades, seriously?

Who has these wind blades cut before?

Also, Herc is Herc; Storm will end up sleeping with him.

KingD19
She's never done it before, but with the scope of her powers, she can easily conjure a powerful enough winds to rip him apart. Grundy was ripped apart by Red Tornado's winds when he was at his most powerful incarnation, there's no reason why Storm can't do the same thing.

Although she probably will end up in his bed.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Mindset
Cut him with wind blades, seriously?

Who has these wind blades cut before?

Also, Herc is Herc; Storm will end up sleeping with him.

And get AIDS.

Something that is harmless to Herc...

In 20 years, Herc wins!

Mindset
She's never done it before, but with the scope of her powers, she can easily conjure a powerful enough winds to rip him apart. Grundy was ripped apart by Red Tornado's winds when he was at his most powerful incarnation, there's no reason why Storm can't do the same thing.

Although she probably will end up in his bed. 2 separate companies, 2 separate characters.

When did RT rip apart Grundy, you aren't talking recently in JLA, are you?

KingD19
I am, when Grundy came back incredibly smart, and planned to put himself in RT's body, or Amazo's, can't remember. So he could end his reincarnation cycle. He was a team wrecker, he whooped everybody. Then RT found out he wasn't just an android, he was the wind elemental, and he produced F5 winds and tore Grundy apart.

And Storm can cause any weather phenomenon that can happen on the current planet she's on, Earth has produced winds of that magnitude before, and she can concentrate it as well, not just make it an effect on the surrounding area, so it's well within her abilities to do so.

Mindset
I am, when Grundy came back incredibly smart, and planned to put himself in RT's body, or Amazo's, can't remember. So he could end his reincarnation cycle. He was a team wrecker, he whooped everybody. Then RT found out he wasn't just an android, he was the wind elemental, and he produced F5 winds and tore Grundy apart.

And Storm can cause any weather phenomenon that can happen on the current planet she's on, Earth has produced winds of that magnitude before, and she can concentrate it as well, not just make it an effect on the surrounding area, so it's well within her abilities to do so. When did he show he was a team wrecker, I only remember Amazo fighting a team of Supes, etc.

Who did Grundy wreck?

Warlord
Well Herc throws the island of Manhatan at her and wins.... big grin

wannabe
How is she going to suffocate him? If this is a closed arena fight I could see something like that but then again in that environment, it gives him a good chance of catching her with several leaps.
1. She could remove the air molecules around him, thus suffocating him.
2. If Herc should really be dumb enough to leap at her, she could either catch him with her winds and, since he can't fly, never let him go, or as a skilled flier she could simply evade, or she could redirect his "flight path" with her winds or lightning bolts.

For this fight he does have range attacks. His environment. He can't fly but he can leap pretty high with rocks and pillars in arm and use those as projectiles in the air. He needs but to land one hit and she's dead meat.
I agree with you that Herc would only need to land one good hit and Storm would be history. Problem is that i don't see him landing that particular hit.
As i already said:Originally posted by wannabe
... Of course Storm is no Kly'bn (hope the spelling is right) or Ikaris, but one big advantage of her's in this particular fight is, that Herc's only way of getting her is throwing something or jumping through exactly the element she controls best and with which she proved being able to perform "godly" effects. Once the thrown object leaves Herc's hands or Herc leaves solid ground there's no further force directing the path but gravity and aircurrents. Controlling the latter, Storm would have easy play.

stormfront
storm destroys him. in bloodlust... of course she would kill him. he may be able to jump and throw stuff at her but she can evade. with he type of rage she would do everything in her arsenal on him and im pretty sure he cant survive that.

wannabe
Originally posted by stormfront
storm destroys him. in bloodlust... of course she would kill him. he may be able to jump and throw stuff at her but she can evade. with he type of rage she would do everything in her arsenal on him and im pretty sure he cant survive that.
Well, as one could have read i'd give Storm the win too, BUT - killing immortal Hercules? - i don't see it. If she could add some serious magic to her elemental attacks, then maybe, but as we all know she never really fathomed or even developed her mystic powers.
So: win - yes, kill - no ... in book that is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.