Why the idea of hell is fail.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
Masochist.

inimalist
1) Why is Hell masochist?

2) Why is masochism fail?

EDIT: for clarification, masochism = sexual gratification from being hurt (some definitions also include humiliation)

Bardock42
Originally posted by lord xyz
Masochist.

I assume you mean "Masochists would enjoy hell". That is faulty, as masochist enjoy certain things, and do not enjoy other things, so hell could still be very unenjoyable to them. And, you operate under the assumption that hell is meant to punish people, many Christians believe it is just being separated from God, and due to demons also being there it is quite unenjoyable for most people.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Masochist.

hell doesn't necessarily have to be inflicting pain- I'm sure other methods would be employed for their punishment....

Symmetric Chaos
Masochist.

Go talk to an actual masochist and then come back. Hell, go look up the word masochist and see if your argument still makes sense.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
EDIT: for clarification, masochism = sexual gratification from being hurt (some definitions also include humiliation)

Even the DSM includes humiliation as part of the things masochists desire, not things they automatically enjoy. Most masochists I've spoken to tend to agree that it requires either "training" or a very practiced partner to enjoy the pain.

Bada's Palin
Ol' Sym and his masochist friends.

WrathfulDwarf
Masochist.

Soooo....Hitler is strap to table while a Jewish Mistress applies the punishment?

Hahahaha!!!! OWN3d!

lord xyz
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Soooo....Hitler is strap to table while a Jewish Mistress applies the punishment?

Hahahaha!!!! OWN3d! Hell is a place where you get tortured for being bad...masochists like torture. So unless all masochists are good, we've got a problem.

Bardock42
Hell is a place where you get tortured for being bad...masochists like torture. So unless all masochists are good, we've got a problem.

Why do you ignore the multiple replies that made your point there look idiotic and very uninformed?

lord xyz
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why do you ignore the multiple replies that made your point there look idiotic and very uninformed? To be honest the thread was just a joke. I ignored them because they didn't get it.

Blinky
I bet XYZ thought he was a shining star with a world-shattering revelation... tsk tsk.

EDIT: Or a remotely rib-tickling joke...

Bardock42
To be honest the thread was just a joke. I ignored them because they didn't get it.

How is it funny?

And even if it was marginally funny. How was the reply to WD funny.Originally posted by Blinky
I bet XYZ thought he was a shining star with a world-shattering revelation... tsk tsk.

EDIT: Or a remotely rib-tickling joke... He tends to think the first, so it's understandable one would expect that.

DigiMark007
To be honest the thread was just a joke. I ignored them because they didn't get it.

Most of us didn't. It was a sh*t joke.

srug

Bardock42
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Most of us didn't. It was a sh*t joke.

srug If it was one at all.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Anyone feel like we are in the presence of a modern Aquinas, a new enlightened Buddha, a prophet greater than Muhammad who has such wonderful theological insights that they shatter the foundations of established religion?

No?

Me neither....

lord xyz
Originally posted by Bardock42
How is it funny?

And even if it was marginally funny. How was the reply to WD funny. He tends to think the first, so it's understandable one would expect that. The fact that it doesn't work?

Pssh, that was hilarious at school.

You just don't get humour.

Bicnarok
Hell is a mistranslation of "Sheol" and "Hades" which both refer to man kinds common gave.

The churches brought the Hell bit into it use fear to gain members and power of the people.

The same way governments are using fear to take freedoms away today.

Wild Shadow
true.. there is no such thing as hell a pit of torture. the torah called it sheol were souls went and slept or rested.. hell is just the absence of god's presence. and isn't so bad since its were all the old testament ppl went wether good or bad.

ragesRemorse
Masochist.

psychological
metaphysical
supernatural

MMMM, I just Owned your theory laughing out loud

Deja~vu
Hell is a place where you get tortured for being bad...masochists like torture. So unless all masochists are good, we've got a problem. But, why would the torturers want to obey god and torture? Why wouldn't they rebel and do as they please? Supposedly the devil and his minions would never want to be as god said, so they would not do as god said they would do...hmm. Problem here.

Jack Daniels
nothing that a beer cant fixbeer

Ushgarak
Please don't open waste of time threads like this.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.