kurse vs konvict

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
who wins?

Enyalus
Kurse.

Galan007
Konvikt.

Bada's Palin
Kurse, it's a hard one though.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Kurse, it's a hard one though.

I don't think so. After Superman woke up, he seemed to have the edge against Konvikt. And there's no way that Supes is anywhere near four times as strong as Thor.

That, and Konvikt is too freakin' dumb to exploit any iron weakness.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
I don't think so. After Superman woke up, he seemed to have the edge against Konvikt. And there's no way that Supes is anywhere near four times as strong as Thor.

That, and Konvikt is too freakin' dumb to exploit any iron weakness. I could potentially see Konvikt as a 'revamped' Doomsday, myself.

But more on topic, what the hell do you know anyway? ermmgrin

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
I could potentially see Konvikt as a 'revamped' Doomsday, myself.

Has he made a more recent appearance in Trinity? I'm behind by like ten issues.

But more on topic, what the hell do you know anyway? ermmgrin

I'm omniscient. Like The Presence.

Galan007
Has he made a more recent appearance in Trinity? I'm behind by like ten issues. He's been in the last few issues. It seems like he will play a bigger part than I first thought.

I'm omniscient. You swing both ways?

Niiiiiiice!!

bansex

Enyalus
He's been in the last few issues. It seems like he will play a bigger part than I first thought.

Bleh. I'm going to have to spend more money, then.....after finals.

You swing both ways?

Niiiiiiice!!

Only for you and Red Hulk, baby. wink

Galan007
Bleh. I'm going to have to spend more money, then.....after finals.Meh, I'd hold off unless something spectacular happens, because as of now it's been mediocre.... At best.

Only for you and Red Hulk, baby. wink I'll share. 313wank

Enyalus
Sharing is caring.

cloud102
Eventually Konvikt will win. He can adapt on the spot.

skyfather
kurse one shots

vlaaad12345
IF diana can knock the crap out of konvikt with a gut shot kurse would maul him,konvikt could potentially reach a level to fight at kurses level but that wouldn't be fast enough.

cloud102
Er, wasn't that because they used a special gas? Plot device. Konvikt took down damn near all the JLA. I don't see Kurse doing that.

guy222
kurse

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by cloud102
Er, wasn't that because they used a special gas? Plot device. Konvikt took down damn near all the JLA. I don't see Kurse doing that.

I do.

In fact, I don't even see how Konvikt is going to match the collective output of Mjolnir and Stormbreaker. The Beyonder noted on how both hammers were completely useless after they had been drained of all magic and focused into a single blast. And that blast only knocked him out.

Hyperion Prime
Kurse wins!!! He then adopts that little thing that rides on Konvicts shoulder.

cloud102
I do.

In fact, I don't even see how Konvikt is going to match the collective output of Mjolnir and Stormbreaker. The Beyonder noted on how both hammers were completely useless after they had been drained of all magic and focused into a single blast. And that blast only knocked him out.

And? The JLA were completely useless against Konvikt. He kept on getting stronger and stronger, untlil Batman found his weaknesses. And, IIRC, this is an EXTENDED JLA lineup. Are you saying Thor and BRB can take down all of those JLA members? Nothing has shown to take out Konvikt physically. And Superman was hitting him with enough force to destroy small planets, yet NOTHING.

Konvikt would just adapt.

Bada's Palin
And? The JLA were completely useless against Konvikt. He kept on getting stronger and stronger, untlil Batman found his weaknesses. And, IIRC, this is an EXTENDED JLA lineup. Are you saying Thor and BRB can take down all of those JLA members? Nothing has shown to take out Konvikt physically. And Superman was hitting him with enough force to destroy small planets, yet NOTHING.

Konvikt would just adapt.

You obviously didn't read the Kurse fights. He wasn't defeated by Thor and BRB. And if you think that sufficient force to destroy small planets is remotely comparable to the collective magical energy housed within Mjolnir and Stormbreaker, then you're sadly mistaken friend.

Nihilist
konvict gets smashed

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Nihilist
konvict gets smashed

cloud102
I know Kurse wasn't defeated. And I'm not comparing planet destroying punches to Mjolnir. What I'm saying is that Kurse took the best from the JLA and nothing. We don't know how far he can adapt and how strong he can get.

We haven't even seen Konvikt's full potential yet. And he took on the combined force of Flash, Firestorm, Lightning, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc...

Nihilist
I know Kurse wasn't defeated. And I'm not comparing planet destroying punches to Mjolnir. What I'm saying is that Kurse took the best from the JLA and nothing. We don't know how far he can adapt and how strong he can get.

We haven't even seen Konvikt's full potential yet. And he took on the combined force of Flash, Firestorm, Lightning, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc... none of them would do a thing to kurse

cloud102
sigh, has Kurse faced an opponent who can adapt on the spot? Kurse will only get Konvikt stronger.

Bada's Palin
sigh, has Kurse faced an opponent who can adapt on the spot? Kurse will only get Konvikt stronger.

Not likely.

Kurse would drop him with a couple of punches.

cloud102
Not likely as Konvikt adapts. See, works both ways! smile

Nihilist
sigh, has Kurse faced an opponent who can adapt on the spot? Kurse will only get Konvikt stronger. wouldnt have time to adapt,he'd be sparko by then

cloud102
wouldnt have time to adapt,he'd be sparko by then

And your evidence for this? Konvikt adapts with no problem.

Bada's Palin
Not likely as Konvikt adapts. See, works both ways! smile

The speed Konvikt "adapts" with is debatable as he was still affected by punches.

Nihilist
And your evidence for this? Konvikt adapts with no problem. kurse is a least 4x stronger than thor,thats more power than any the justice guys dissed out,he cant handle that kind of power

cloud102
Then you're not entirely sure if he can adapt to Kurse? He was hardly effected by those punches and even developed armor, IIRC. I think it's entirely possible for Konvikt to adapt as he has shown before.

Nihilist
Then you're not entirely sure if he can adapt to Kurse? He was hardly effected by those punches and even developed armor, IIRC. I think it's entirely possible for Konvikt to adapt as he has shown before. kurse punches a lot harder than anyone he faced.

Bada's Palin
Then you're not entirely sure if he can adapt to Kurse? He was hardly effected by those punches and even developed armor, IIRC. I think it's entirely possible for Konvikt to adapt as he has shown before.

Kurse hit BRB about two times and nearly killed him. BRB has survived planet busting attacks with little trouble.

cloud102
And Konvikt KO'd out Superman with ONE punch. Superman > BRB.

cloud102
kurse punches a lot harder than anyone he faced.

How do you know? We know very little from Konvikt and he took on the combined strength of WW and Superman and adapted on the spot.

Enyalus

We haven't even seen Konvikt's full potential yet. And he took on the combined force of Flash, Firestorm, Lightning, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc...

Why when I attempt to use Konvikt's battle against the JLA it turns into, "Oh but the JLA fought like idiots and it was a PIS fest." Yet when you want to use it, it's fine. Firestorm was knocked out by a piece of concrete. Flash got dropped via a stomp near him. I don't even recall Black Lightning being there. John (Lantern) had some wacky techno organic thing going on with his ring. Superman got one-shotted unexpectedly. Got up a few minutes later (Wonder Woman held him off by herself) and did fairly well against him.

And he doesn't adapt on the fly. He has two forms that I know of - base, and armored. And armored is far stronger, yes. However, Superman was getting the better of him as their battle dragged on.

The majority of the people here are right. Kurse nearly killed BRB in two hits and it took everything the hammer brothers had to knock him out.

Konvikt isn't winning.

Nihilist
How do you know? We know very little from Konvikt and he took on the combined strength of WW and Superman and adapted on the spot. facepalmyou think supes or ww would out punch kurse in fight

cloud102
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. And Superman stated he was getting better, but those were just words. He wasn't doing anything remotely close in taking him down. And Konvikt took on the combined strength of WW and Superman. Not yet Kurse level, but strength isn't a big factor and not a huge gap, IMO. I say it's a tossup or edge to Konvikt. We'll know more as Trinity moves on.

cloud102
facepalmyou think supes or ww would out punch kurse in fight

Did I say that? Stop putting words in my mouth.

Nihilist
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. And Superman stated he was getting better, but those were just words. He wasn't doing anything remotely close in taking him down. And Konvikt took on the combined strength of WW and Superman. Not yet Kurse level, but strength isn't a big factor and not a huge gap, IMO. I say it's a tossup or edge to Konvikt. We'll know more as Trinity moves on. so come on then, how does he beat kurse.

Enyalus
And Konvikt took on the combined strength of WW and Superman.

For a few seconds...

You've seen the fight, right?

Bada's Palin
And Konvikt KO'd out Superman with ONE punch. Superman > BRB.

So what? It was temporarily and Superman was nowhere NEAR death after that punch.

cloud102
So what? It was temporarily and Superman was nowhere NEAR death after that punch.

And Konvikt wasn't at full force, either. Yet it seemed it didn't bother him when Superman came around. He was more like a gnat and the JLA were completely shocked.

cloud102
Also, Konvikt didn't even want to fight. He was just passing through, IIRC.

Enyalus
And Konvikt wasn't at full force, either. Yet it seemed it didn't bother him when Superman came around. He was more like a gnat and the JLA were completely shocked.

Dude. Where were you when I started my WWH vs. Konvikt thread?

cloud102
For a few seconds...

You've seen the fight, right?

Yes, but I'm going by memory. WW strength or Superman's strength seemed to not really effect koncikt at all.

Bada's Palin

Yeah, and Superman was holding back, go figure.

Didn't you magically forget the part where Superman state that he would've won if they had continued fighting?

Enyalus
Yes, but I'm going by memory. WW strength or Superman's strength seemed to not really effect koncikt at all.

This I agree with. Except when Superman "catches his second wind." Then he's driving Konvikt back and hurting him with HV, etc. In his armored form.

cloud102
Yeah, and Superman was holding back, go figure.

Didn't you magically forget the part where Superman state that he would've won if they had continued fighting?

Holding back? So does Superman always hit people with planet busting punches?

And Superman saying something and actually DOING it are 2 different things. Which is why they had to go plot device to win. Remember, Konvikt didn't want to fight in the first place.

cloud102
This I agree with. Except when Superman "catches his second wind." Then he's driving Konvikt back and hurting him with HV, etc. In his armored form.

Until they came with the special gas. I forgot he did harm him with HV, but it's not like it took him out.

quanchi112
Kurse wins.

Enyalus
And Superman saying something and actually DOING it are 2 different things. Which is why they had to go plot device to win. Remember, Konvikt didn't want to fight in the first place.

He doesn't initially. Then the police men shoot him and he does, for "honor." So yeah - he's actually all-out fighting.

He also ends up shattering Firestorm's titanium bonds. Pretty cool feat.

cloud102
He doesn't initially. Then the police men shoot him and he does, for "honor." So yeah - he's actually all-out fighting.

He also ends up shattering Firestorm's titanium bonds. Pretty cool feat.

Well, we're definitely going to see more of him. And Busiek hinted that he's going to F shit up. So, I can't wait. I really don't know why, he's not that great of a character, but his origin is getting better and better.

Konvikt doesn't even look as cool as Kurse.

Bada's Palin
Kurse kills Malekith at long last. Malekith is a vastly powerful sorceror who took plenty of blows from Thor and lived. Kurse snaps his neck easily.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor%20comics/Thor_1986_367_22.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor%20comics/Thor_1986_367_23.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor%20comics/Thor_1986_367_24.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor%20comics/Thor_1986_368_03.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor%20comics/Thor_1986_368_04.jpg

Kurse also "nearly killed" Loki. Loki is nearly impervious to physical harm, as seen when Balder cut his head off.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor%20comics/Thor_1986_368_06.jpg

Lucky BRB
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor%20comics/SecretWarsII06-17.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor%20comics/Thor_363-07.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor%20comics/Thor_363-08.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.