silver surfer simulation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
ok, first question:

can silver surfer simulate the powers of some of our favorite characters using the power cosmic? (i think so but i want to give it to the board)

and the more important question is: can he beat those individuals with that same simulated power solely using that power? (of coarse backed by his power reserve)

for example, magneto's control over the electromagnetic spectrum can (imo) be simulated by norrin, but whom else can he imitate and beat?

Leobama
This would be tough. I feel like he could imitate Wonderman's ionic energy use. He could use telepathic abilities like a number of characters. Could he use gamma or solar energy to increase his strength? Maybe. This is tough because to me, he's so powerful that it would be kind of hard for me to think of him just limiting himself to just one ability. Well, he could probably beat firestorm at his own game.

Ambient
I think he could duplicate everyone cept ones that control/manipulate reality, magic is another and in terms of skills he falls short against seasoned/veterans telepaths like say Emma, Prof. X, Exodus... Course this just Marvel Earth am based..

Leobama
Originally posted by Ambient
I think he could duplicate everyone cept ones that control/manipulate reality, magic is another and in terms of skills he falls short against seasoned/veterans telepaths like say Emma, Prof. X, Exodus... Course this just Marvel Earth am based.. I agree

SoulDevourer
SS can "imitate" a few basic powrs maybe but true power mimicray aint one of his skillz (he's not like say, the impossible man)

Enyalus
Originally posted by Leobama
Could he use gamma or solar energy to increase his strength? Maybe.

He's drained gamma radiation out of the Hulk before. And used solar absorption from the sun to increase his strength by a helluva lot (although it drove him a bit crazy). So yes.

ultimatethor
Surfer can use the PC to have nearly any power he wants.

The Great Galen
Except MA talent or the ability to defend agaisnt a armbar...maybe GSP should show him the ropes.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Except MA talent or the ability to defend agaisnt a armbar...maybe GSP should show him the ropes.

facepalm

Bada's Palin
He doesn't "simulate" these powers any more than he simulates super strength, speed, energy blasts and so on. It's all part of the power cosmic deluxe package.

rotiart
Originally posted by Enyalus
He's drained gamma radiation out of the Hulk before. And used solar absorption from the sun to increase his strength by a helluva lot (although it drove him a bit crazy). So yes.

The solar absorption feat is out I context I think.. You refer to infinity wars?
Suffers power comes from the stars themselves... He limits what he absorbs... In that issue he tried to max out his body.... Filling the cup to the brim so to speak.. Guy basically overclocked his CPU

As far as power imitation??? I don't know... He's shown control over radiation waves... Absorbing and releasing. But say copying simeones power? I don't know that he's done that... Per se

I mean he has fire blasts from his eyes but that doesn't make him cyclops.. Ya know?

Enyalus
Originally posted by rotiart
The solar absorption feat is out I context I think.. You refer to infinity wars?
Suffers power comes from the stars themselves... He limits what he absorbs... In that issue he tried to max out his body.... Filling the cup to the brim so to speak.. Guy basically overclocked his CPU

That's still solar absorption.

rotiart
That's still solar absorption.

but it didn't make him stronger did it. he just explored his limits

Enyalus
but it didn't make him stronger did it. he just explored his limits

He practically looked like the Hulk. I got the impression he was vastly stronger...

?

rotiart
He practically looked like the Hulk. I got the impression he was vastly stronger...

?

the comic didn't say anything about his physical strength increasing. it did speak of him acting as a solar battery so he could unleash an incredible cosmic blast thought

Enyalus
the comic didn't say anything about his physical strength increasing.

I know. I just...I dunno. Generally when someone's muscle mass triples you'd think their strength had increased. stick out tongue

Leobama

? Do you have a scan of this?

Mindship
Based on the overwhelming number of times Soarin' Norrin has tumbled from the sky when knocked off his board, it would seem that the Silver Simulator can mimic just about any power except unassisted flight.

This, along with the Hulk's pants, remain one of the great mysteries of the MU.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Surfer can use the PC to have nearly any power he wants.

Except the ability to punch at lightspeed, right?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Except the ability to punch at lightspeed, right?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

lulz.

Enyalus
Do you have a scan of this?

Maybe if you're nice, when I get home, I'll find it in the infinite kindness of my heart to post it.

kgkg
Do you have a scan of this?
IC #4

kgkg
Just to point out that BULKY does not always mean a strength increase.

Surfer has had massive Strength increase without being this bulk or any physical difference. It's more energy outflow than any thing

Enyalus
Originally posted by kgkg
Just to point out that BULKY does not always mean a strength increase.

Surfer has had massive Strength increase without being this bulk or any physical difference. It's more energy outflow than any thing

Thanks for the scan. (Kinda looks like Tyrant at that point.) That's even bulkier than I remember. And while I know the two don't always correlate - it seems to strongly imply it. Especially with the dialogue going on prior to that point and the reasoning for absorbing the sun's energy in the first place.

Leobama
Originally posted by kgkg
IC #4 Dang! What did Norrin do with all that energy?

kgkg
Dang! What did Norrin do with all that energy?
This

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4808/81263096ez9.th.jpghttp://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7641/26518250qw2.th.jpghttp://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9924/76200644df1.th.jpg

kgkg
Thanks for the scan. (Kinda looks like Tyrant at that point.) That's even bulkier than I remember. And while I know the two don't always correlate - it seems to strongly imply it. Especially with the dialogue going on prior to that point and the reasoning for absorbing the sun's energy in the first place. True but he was drawn a bit differently here

Leobama
wow. I don't know what to say about all of that. From what I read all that energy drove him mad. Is that what's going on in these pics?

ultimatethor
wow. I don't know what to say about all of that. From what I read all that energy drove him mad. Is that what's going on in these pics?

Yeah surfer was going a little crazy. however IMO the amount of energy he can contain now is much more than then. now he casually creates blackholes as a direct result of his energy discharges

rotiart
I think be had an upgrade recently during annihilation didn't he?

Btw... Darn you kgkg I was gonna look for an post those :-)

Enyalus
I think be had an upgrade recently during annihilation didn't he?

Yes. And probably (though not conclusively) another upgrade several years prior to that (the Blackbody powerup.)

rotiart
Ah you reference the unilord... I loved that series growing up. And I'm not 100 that he was powered up though... Still my childhood ahhhhhh....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.