Icon Vs Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
Icon from Milestone/DC comics.

Stoic
Icon

Enyalus
Icon was shown up by a '94 Superman.

I think Supreme Power Hyperion would win this. Combat speed at at least Mach 21, strength enough to lift tectonic plates, and durability enough to survive an explosion several hundred times more intense than a nuclear bomb unscathed.

We can also add in bitchslapping Ultimate Thor easily, even taking Mjolnir away.

Eel O'Brien
Hyperion.

The Pict
Originally posted by Enyalus
and durability enough to survive an explosion several hundred times more intense than a nuclear bomb unscathed.

Uh....unscathed? He could have died. He was f*cked up internally. Zarda healed him.
And I don't think it was hundreds times more powerful. It would have destroyed the entire area it went off and killed all the soldiers evacuating the army base. The area of destruction wasn't even that big.

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Pict
Uh....unscathed? He could have died. He was f*cked up internally. Zarda healed him.
And I don't think it was hundreds times more powerful. It would have destroyed the entire area it went off and killed all the soldiers evacuating the army base. The area of destruction wasn't even that big.

That explosion was about 20 times more powerful than an atomic bomb. The explosion I'm referencing was during his brief battle against Nuke, in Supreme Power: Hyperion.

Also...the area of destruction for the explosion you're talking about was huge. And immensely deep. The helicopers and cars next to it looked like specs.

The Pict
That explosion was about 20 times more powerful than an atomic bomb. The explosion I'm referencing was during his brief battle against Nuke, in Supreme Power: Hyperion.

Also...the area of destruction for the explosion you're talking about was huge. And immensely deep. The helicopers and cars next to it looked like specs.

Yeah I was talking about the Daisycutter bomb (IIRC that's what it was called) explosion. That bomb messed him up and the "explosion" generated by Nuke was supposedly more powerful but barely fazed him? That seems like faulty logic.

However to big up your feat I don't think the energy output by Nuke was measured on the scale of nuclear bombs but "as a star collapsing in on itself"

Enyalus
Yeah I was talking about the Daisycutter bomb (IIRC that's what it was called) explosion. That bomb messed him up and the "explosion" generated by Nuke was supposedly more powerful but barely fazed him? That seems like faulty logic.

However to big up your feat I don't think the energy output by Nuke was measured on the scale of nuclear bombs but "as a star collapsing in on itself"

Well, a few things:

I think that Hyperion adapts, much like Doomsday. This can be seen in the two explosions and the difference in damage taken, and also in the two times he fights Dr. Spectrum. The first time Hyp is overpowered and hurt. The second time he absolutely owns him, rips through his shielding, takes the full force of his blast (which pretty much destroys everything in the area), etc. So, that's my view. And evidence supports it.

Secondly, I think it is likened to a star collapsing in on itself. But its also stated that Nuke's power bounces off of his shielding and comes back with much more force, dozens of times, so that it is 'hundreds of times more powerful.'

That's where I got that line of thought from.

Eel O'Brien
So if Hyp has all that, what does Icon have?

Besides being shown up by '94 Superman.

The Pict
Well, a few things:

I think that Hyperion adapts, much like Doomsday. This can be seen in the two explosions and the difference in damage taken, and also in the two times he fights Dr. Spectrum. The first time Hyp is overpowered and hurt. The second time he absolutely owns him, rips through his shielding, takes the full force of his blast (which pretty much destroys everything in the area), etc. So, that's my view. And evidence supports it.

Secondly, I think it is likened to a star collapsing in on itself. But its also stated that Nuke's power bounces off of his shielding and comes back with much more force, dozens of times, so that it is 'hundreds of times more powerful.'

That's where I got that line of thought from.

He fought Spectrum twice? I was buying Supreme Power in Volumes, I have the first 3 (up to where Mark flies into the the Earth causing a quake measuring 10 on the Richter scale) and the Hyperion and NightHawk separate Volumes.
I ask because Hyperion pretty much won the first fight. Spectrum only managed to blast him off after Mark became distracted by touching the crystal on Spectrum's hand. And after Ledger was the one who needed to go and heal. This is the first fight and it's the one that destroys everything around them (the plant and animal life)

I think the feat with Nuke suffers from hyperbole. Emil Burbank mentions the level off power being giving off but it's not like he's measuring it or knows Nuke's power levels/limits etc srug

Also he doesn't adapt like Doomsday. There isn't any evidence to support that at all, I hope you were kidding there. He does however get stronger as time goes on.

Zack Fair
Icon and current Supes might tango. Lets see how it goes.

The Pict
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
So if Hyp has all that, what does Icon have?

Besides being shown up by '94 Superman.

No idea big grin

I just like talking about Supreme Power because it's one of my favourite comics.
Plus it wasn't stated if this is the Hyperion we're talking about. There's other versions.

Enyalus
He fought Spectrum twice?

Uh, I'll check later.

I think the feat with Nuke suffers from hyperbole. Emil Burbank mentions the level off power being giving off but it's not like he's measuring it or knows Nuke's power levels/limits etc srug

Not really Nuke is called Nuke because he carries the radiation equivalent of a nuclear bomb. And Emil is the smartest person on the planet with files on Nuke. He knew exactly what Nuke could do and there's no reason why he wouldn't know how much it bouncing around inside of his forcefield would cause it to increase by.

Also he doesn't adapt like Doomsday. There isn't any evidence to support that at all, I hope you were kidding there. He does however get stronger as time goes on.

I wasn't. And I think he does. But w/e. He still beats Icon.

Decepticon
Icon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.