Superman vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
I've seen people pitting Thanos against Superman 1 Million as if to say that the regular Superman would stand no chance against Thanos, but I have something to say to the contrary.

Superman has beaten Darkseid who seems every bit as powerful as Thanos.

Superman is faster than Thanos in nearly every way.

Superman is "arguably" as durable if not moreso.

Superman has just as many exotic abilities as Thanos, if not a little more.

In this scenario Superman is on his way back to Earth from doing a routine sweep of the solar system. On his way back he suddenly sees what appears to be a large explosion. In an effort to get get back faster, he decides that he must fly through the sun.

As he bursts from the raging inferno, he sees his worse nightmare... the Earth is no longer blue but is now a desolate wasteland, and all of it's inhabitants have been killed including Lois Lane. On careful inspection he sees one large figure, larger than a man walking towards what appears to be a chair much like Metron's Mobius chair.

Enraged he flies to intercept this mystery being at near light speeds and finds himself face to face with the large humanoid who introduces himself as Thanos.

Thanos asks him how he survived when everyone else on the pitiful planet had died. Thanos tells Superman that the Earth now belongs to his beloved Death, and that soon he will be a new addition!

Without warning Superman attacks Thanos with a fury that he has never known before.

Who wins?

Anti-Monitor
Been done b4...

Thanos still kicks his ass.

cloud102
Superman one-shots.

Stoic
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
Been done b4...

Thanos still kicks his ass.

I checked and it was not there so this is the first time that regular Superman faces Thanos in a discussion. It says new thread if you check.

So why do you think that Thanos would beat a blood lusted Superman?

Harbinger
This thread needs quan and Avlon.

Anti-Monitor
Originally posted by Harbinger
This thread needs quan and Avlon.

Yeah, just for entertainment or else it will be dead.

Juntai
Superman can beat Thanos, not everyone feels he'll get majority. But his showings certainly show that a character like Thanos isn't beyond him at all.

Bouboumaster
Thanos kick his ass. Superman is maybe faster that Thanos, but Thanos have a lot of reaction times.

And when it comes h2h, just see what Thanos did to Surfer to see what it would happen to Sups.

starlock
Originally posted by Juntai
Superman can beat Thanos, not everyone feels he'll get majority. But his showings certainly show that a character like Thanos isn't beyond him at all.

I tend to agree here....without knowledge of supermans weakness,i see a better fight than thanos vs surfer....and under these circumstances..i can see superman win some matches....i just feel supermans dependance on solar energy is his downfall

Juntai
Actually, I didn't read the entirety of the original post, thinking I was just reading about what he thought of the fight, not that there was a scenario involved..

In this scenario, Thanos doesn't a chance in hell.

If he sundips, and finds Earth gone and Lois dead, Thanos won't last long.

Anti-Monitor
Does Thanos have cosmic awareness?

"He decides that he must fly through the sun" how long is this dip? at his fastest speed, he dips for less than a second. Thats not enough IMO.

Nihilist
thanos for heavy majority

ultimatethor
lulz at superman being more durable than thanos or being more versatile.

thanos wins regardless.

Juntai
Originally posted by ultimatethor
lulz at superman being more durable than thanos or being more versatile.

thanos wins regardless. lulz @ thanos actually having feats that compare to Supermans. Let alone the one in this scenario.

ultimatethor
lulz @ thanos actually having feats that compare to Supermans. Let alone the one in this scenario.

As a matter of fact he does of superior feats to superman hence the reason he is a a few tiers above him.

Juntai
As a matter of fact he does of superior feats to superman hence the reason he is a a few tiers above him. What was the biggest blast he's ever survived unaided?

Superman survived the anti-sun exploding, that would have wiped half a galaxy.
He also survived a point blank 700 lightyear explosion. While almost powerless.
He's also survived a black hole unaided.
In the Phantom Zone, Superman was bombarded with entropy, and then simply willed himself back, reconstituting his body.

Superman, when he's not toning it down for the sake of others, is more outright powerful than Thanos is. His durability is greater, his speed is greater, his strength is greater. All the cards are on his table.

Juntai
What's his best speed feat?
His best strength feat?

I can do this all day.

Juntai
While I'm on the topic, who was the last skyfather or universal level being Thanos toppled on his own without prep or IG or some such? I bet his record against truly powerful opponents is nothing compared to Superman. And no getting smashed by Odin and running from Tyrant aren't examples of real winning.

Feat for feat, Superman is better than Thanos on his own straight up in personal combat. And Thanos > Surfer > Superman doesn't cut it, because that can be done both ways. Easily.

Many of Surfers fans even think Surfer mostly gets through a fight by technicality, that he's 'suited to do it', while Thanos isn't in the same fashion. Especially not in this scenario.

Anti-Monitor
Superman is way too powerful now, DS and Thanos should be higher than him. But for the last little bit he normaly beats DS, which is crap. Supes should lose to DS and Thanos.

People biitch when Logan is beating people higher than him but its ok when Superman does it? BS...

ultimatethor
What was the biggest blast he's ever survived unaided?

In the Phantom Zone, Superman was bombarded with entropy, and then simply willed himself back, reconstituting his body.

Superman, when he's not toning it down for the sake of others, is more outright powerful than Thanos is. His durability is greater, his speed is greater, his strength is greater. All the cards are on his table.

That exploding anti sun didnt superman absorb it? I believe he did, if he absorbed it then he certainly didnt take the full force of the blast. Thanos straight up tanked blast from an angry Odin using gungir and has taken similar blasts from tyrant and the maker.

Speaking of energy absorbtion Thanos has absorbed enough energy to make the entire universe scream

Thanos was able to ko the maker who is skyfather level+ send galactus flying, has shields that have easily withstood attacks from the likes of Omega and which galactus has even admitted there strength. Thanos is on another level from supes

Kris Blaze
Juntai's droppin' bitches left and right

ultimatethor
What's his best speed feat?
His best strength feat?

I can do this all day.

This is just ridiculous. Thanos doesnt have superspeed in the same vein as superman, i could ask as well, whats superman best matter manip feat? And oh thanos doesnt have too many strength feats but he has been able to physically match warrior mad thor with the PG so he is certainly on supermans level strengthwise.

skyfather
What was the biggest blast he's ever survived unaided?

thanos survived being inside the HOTU,which more than anything supes has ever had to contend with.

as supes speed...what good is that when he doesnt have enough power(versitility wise) to put thanos physicaly,even thor w/power couldnt do that,in direct combat supes often gets knocked around..konvict for example,whilst thanos beats down herlad guys,like surfer who he nearly killed in 6 punches,hulk,thor drax.and thats not even taking into consideration his energy,matter,tp powers

ultimatethor
While I'm on the topic, who was the last skyfather or universal level being Thanos toppled on his own without prep or IG or some such? I bet his record against truly powerful opponents is nothing compared to Superman. And no getting smashed by Odin and running from Tyrant aren't examples of real winning.

Feat for feat, Superman is better than Thanos on his own straight up in personal combat. And Thanos > Surfer > Superman doesn't cut it, because that can be done both ways. Easily.

Many of Surfers fans even think Surfer mostly gets through a fight by technicality, that he's 'suited to do it', while Thanos isn't in the same fashion. Especially not in this scenario.

Thanos took out the maker relatively easily. Which skyfather level or above beings has superman taken out by straight up overpowering without outside circumstances coming into play? Regardless it would be ABC logic at best because because thanos is probably an entirely different character from those supes fought.

And no many surfer fans believe surfer beats superman because he is straight up superior not due to any technicality.

Raoul
Thanos took out the maker relatively easily. Which skyfather level or above beings has superman taken out by straight up overpowering without outside circumstances coming into play? Regardless it would be ABC logic at best because because thanos is probably an entirely different character from those supes fought.

And no many surfer fans believe surfer beats superman because he is straight up superior not due to any technicality.

what about those who are fans of both? nothing wrong with thinking norrin wins because of his energy manipulation...

ultimatethor
edit

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by skyfather
thanos survived being inside the HOTU,which more than anything supes has ever had to contend with.

as supes speed...what good is that when he doesnt have enough power(versitility wise) to put thanos physicaly,even thor w/power couldnt do that,in direct combat supes often gets knocked around..konvict for example,whilst thanos beats down herlad guys,like surfer who he nearly killed in 6 punches,hulk,thor drax.and thats not even taking into consideration his energy,matter,tp powers

When was Thor ever as strong as Superman?

Raoul
I didnt presume anything. He is the one who made the first assumption that most surfer fans believe he wins just because of a technicality. I disagree with that and think it is false. I was not considering fans of both characters.

i misread your post, and edited accordingly...

iceman24567
I give this one to Superman

Nihilist
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
When was Thor ever as strong as Superman?

so you think thor drawing from the power gem wasnt as combat strong as superman.just because he didnt lift a building or something

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Raoul
what about those who are fans of both? nothing wrong with thinking norrin wins because of his energy manipulation...

I woudnt consider one of his most prominent abilities (energy manipulation) as a "technicality". Even then it can still be debated but everyone is entitled to there opinion.

Raoul
I woudnt consider one of his most prominent abilities (energy manipulation) as a "technicality". Even then it can still be debated but everyone is entitled to there opinion.

it's not just the energy manipulation, its the often used 'cosmic awareness' combined with said manipulation...

though whether its a technicality or not, i don't know...

*doesn't mean to derail thread*

Enyalus
I don't get what Juntai is saying about Surfer beating Supes because he's suited to it due to his energy manipulation abilities.

Thanos has energy manipulation abilities, too. And matter manipulation abilities. And telepathic abilities. And T-Vo-esque abilities. And strength at bare minimum on par with Supes, prior to amping himself at all. And energy output that dwarfs Superman's. And durability to make Superman jealous.

And that anti-sun didn't explode. Superman intentionally absorbed -maybe some, maybe all - of it before it could destroy Earth. Not really a durability feat, but certainly a nice absorption feat.

Nonetheless, with a brief sundip I can see him taking one or two wins here, but Thanos still pulls a vast majority.

psycho gundam
meh, thanos can only be killed by drax's proximity aura. kronos created drax to counter thanos' eternal life force and all his defenses.

superman would give him hell but at the end of the day, beating thanos isn't a job for superman.

Juntai
TP isn't going to help Thanos here, I don't know why you guys keep trying to mention it.

He'll never be able to mind rape Superman, as some people would like to think, as others have nearly outright stated he would.

1) Brainiac 13: B 13 threw the fear of Earth's entire population into Superman's head -- Superman broke free of the attack within a panel or so. (Superman: Endgame TPB)

2) Despero: Despero had taken control of most of the JLA. He overtook both Aquaman and J'onn Jonzz at the same time, but could not take Superman at all. (Pre-IC JLA issue)

3) Union: Union was the sum of billions of beings' mental strengths. He attacked Superman and Superman shrugged off his attack within a few panels and then beat down Union. (Superman in exile arc)

4) Neron: While in Hell, Neron attacked Superman's mind; Superman overcame it within a few panels. (Tie in to the Day of Judgment arc)

5) J'onn J'onzz: Superman throws J'onn J'onzz out of Superman's head. (Superman: King of the World). Mere contact with Superman's mind sends J'onn for a loop. (Superman: Where is Thy Sting) J'onn Jonzz states that his telepathy can not detect Superman if Superman does not wish to be detected.

6) Manchester Black: Black, a telepath so strong that not even J'onn could overcome the protection Black placed around Lex Luthor, had Superman believe that Lois was dead and that Superman had killed Black. Superman saw through the ruse and overcame Black's telepathic illusions. (Ending Battle)

7) The Fatal Five: Superman is attacked by the telepath of the Fatal Five. He resists her attack, pushing it back on her and taking her out.

8) Eclipso: Superman allows Eclipso into his head and then forces Eclipso out, just to see if he is strong enough mentally to do so. He then explains that, over the years, he has built up "a resistance to telepathy."

As for the guy saying Thanos can do Torqasm Vo?
lmao.

Juntai
Originally posted by Enyalus

Thanos has energy manipulation abilities, too. And matter manipulation abilities. And telepathic abilities. And T-Vo-esque abilities. And strength at bare minimum on par with Supes, prior to amping himself at all. And energy output that dwarfs Superman's. And durability to make Superman jealous.
He does, but he isn't as ready to use them, more uses fists and blasts. TP won't help him, see above examples. lol@T-Vo. Strength, correcting you here, is at MOST on par with Superman, but certainly NOT CLOSE after Superman A) Sundips, B) See's that Lois is dead Earth is gone. Thanos' durability at times is perhaps at better, at others, it's not even close. I've given examples already.

Enyalus
TP isn't going to help Thanos here, I don't know why you guys keep trying to mention it.

*skip*

All that, and Max Lord was able to screw him over.

As for the guy saying Thanos can do Torqasm Vo?
lmao.

I have evidence if you'd like. I believe it's in Iron Man #55, but I can check and post the scans once I get home.

Anti-Monitor
All this Superman is TP immunity or uber high resistance is just crap, he should never have this ability.

Juntai

All that, and Max Lord was able to screw him over. According to the story, Max Lord started mentally attacking Superman when he helped rebuild the JLA. This was in 1989. It wasn't a sudden telepathic attack. And Superman wasn't really given a chance to defeat it, like he normally would be. This is why Max Lord took this route, and is the reason the story pretty much explained it this way..
However Maxwell Lord, also shown in the Booster Gold story, couldn't COMPLETELY dominate Superman, even after 16 years of working at it.
And to say it's a different reality is false, Booster isn't visiting -different- timelines, he just changed the current one, then changed it back. So it's still a factual statement. Also, both stories, the Booster, and Infinite Crisis, were done by Geoff Johns.

Thanos won't have this luxury.
Try again.

Juntai
All this Superman is TP immunity or uber high resistance is just BS, he should never have this ability. He does, I just showed you.

iceman24567

All that, and Max Lord was able to screw him over.

I have evidence if you'd like. I believe it's in Iron Man #55, but I can check and post the scans once I get home. It took a long time, effort and planning for Maxwell Lord to mind control him yeah leave out context.

Juntai
I have evidence if you'd like. I believe it's in Iron Man #55, but I can check and post the scans once I get home. Find me the scans of Thanos being able to survive stronger blasts, taking more punishment, being faster, or stronger, or anything than REGULAR Superman, let alone a sun dipped one that watched his wife and Earth die. Those are the scans you need most.

Juntai
Originally posted by iceman24567
It took a long time, effort and planning for Maxwell Lord to mind control him yeah leave out context. Already covered bro. wink

iceman24567
Already covered bro. wink Yeah well you do it better anyways.

Anti-Monitor
Again....Superman Sun dips for less than a second, thats not enough time.

skyfather
thanos shut down the maker/beyonders mind with ease,and its said he cant shut down superman.....what a joke

iceman24567
The Maker has no resistance feats near Superman and the Maker had mental issues if i recall please the two don't compare and the bias continues.

Enyalus
Juntai, I appreciate you explaining the Max Lord thing, because I apparently missed that context, even reading the story.

However, you posted other instances of him overcoming elite telepaths. They still screwed him up for several panels or pages most times. What is stopping Thanos from killing him via another method during that period?

But meh, he doesn't need to resort to the telepathic route. Red sun energy blasts like Amazo or Ruin produced would do the trick, even briefly sundipped.

And I would agree, there strength is probably comparable.

Enyalus
The Maker has no resistance feats near Superman and the Maker had mental issues if i recall please the two don't compare and the bias continues.

He nearly overtook Galactus' mind. He beat Moondragon in a psychic duel on the astral plane, and easily broke a Priest of Pama's mind - who was conditioned to human psychological perfection. He also mind raped an intelligent Drax into unconsciousness.

Just a few TP feats from Thanos.

Anti-Monitor
What no Quan???

iceman24567
He nearly overtook Galactus' mind. He beat Moondragon in a psychic duel on the astral plane, and easily broke a Priest of Pama's mind - who was conditioned to human psychological perfection. He also mind raped an intelligent Drax into unconsciousness.

Just a few TP feats from Thanos. Yeah i know all that but Superman actually has resistance to telepathic assaults and that Galactus feat is a bad example he got pwned once Galactus figured out what was going on.

Enyalus
Yeah i know all that but Superman actually has resistance to telepathic assaults and that Galactus feat is a bad example he got pwned once Galactus figured out what was going on.

I get that he has resistance. I will admit that he would not be completely overtaken by Thanos' TP, and that eventually he would fight it off.

But how long would that take? My guess would be anywhere from 20 seconds to a few minutes, based on the few panels and pages it has taken him to shake it off previously.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Juntai how can you even compare superman durability with Thanos... Thanos doesn't get KO'd by once punch top tiers like Konvict. He's never been killed or physically dominated in a h2h fight the way Superman has vs. DD. I won't even bring up gas stations lol. Fact is Thanos doesn't get KO'd the way supes does throughout their histories. Furthermore, your strength feats are pointless. Of course superman has strength feats because usually for the sack of the story they will have him lifting or moving 200000000000000 tons to save earth or somebody. He's a hero genius so of course he has to move ridiculous stuff to save things or absorb explosions to save things. It's context. One is a hero and one is a villian so they aren't going to have the same feats. As far as strength goes when somebody physcially dominates characters like Thor, Thing, Surfer, Herc and Hulk often at the same time. Those are his strength feats because those are top tier strength characters who he doesn't lose to like supes does.

Furthermore, did somebody say superman is more versatile Thanos... Now I've heard it all.... Superman doesn't have near the versatility that Thanos has. Are you arguing supes is more versatile. Show me supes using matter manipulation and turning a character into stone. Show me his mind rape showings as Thanos has against top tier that thanos has. Show me supes firing the energy blasts that thanos routinely does. Thanos also has magical abilities as well as stated by Marvel which supes doesn't have. I would also say Thanos is the better MA as he's studied them for thousands of years. Supes more versatile and durable LOL LOL.

Enyalus
Question for Juntai or Avlon:

Discarding the infinite pages book feat, the holding the Earth in orbit feat, the lifting Spectre's body feat, and the Mageddon Wheel feat(because they're all either shared feats with an unverifiable quantity or the turning of a gear, which is designed to help with the overwhelming weight), what high strength feats does Superman have?

That's a genuine question. I'd like to know so I have a rough comparison between the two.

iceman24567
eh you seriously need more feats? I doubt anything from post Crisis Supes would top those.

Enyalus
eh you seriously need more feats? I doubt anything from post Crisis Supes would top those.

I don't need them to be topped. I just need something...else. Like I said, all of those are either shared feats (invalid in a forum battle) or the turning of something...which doesn't translate into lifting strength or punching strength.

EDIT: For instance, I think AOS 600 has Superman lifting a large ship out of the ocean with one hand. That's damn impressive.

(I'm probably wrong about the issue #...I just know that I have it.)

Juntai
Juntai, I appreciate you explaining the Max Lord thing, because I apparently missed that context, even reading the story.

However, you posted other instances of him overcoming elite telepaths. They still screwed him up for several panels or pages most times. What is stopping Thanos from killing him via another method during that period?

But meh, he doesn't need to resort to the telepathic route. Red sun energy blasts like Amazo or Ruin produced would do the trick, even briefly sundipped.

And I would agree, there strength is probably comparable. Basic Knowledge
Each side receives basic knowledge of the other. A good measure of this would be what the general population of the character's homeworld knows.

Red sun isn't a commonly known weakness, among the general population like say . . Kryptonite is.

Amazo has not only encountered the JLA and fought them countless times to know weaknesses, but he was also programmed with them. Professor Hamilton on the other hand, both A) Was one of Superman's closest allies and one of the worlds foremost experts on Superman, but also B) Worked for Lex Luthor, who probably knows more than anyone about Superman's physiology.

Do you have an example of Thanos suddenly discovering a biological weakness as such?

And just the same, in case you try to change your blast to Kryptonite, how does he suddenly know the composition of a kryptonite blast?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Superman indeed has lifting feats no doubt and certainly more then Thanos. However, it's all about context as supes has to do those things to save earth or somebody while thanos is a villian and so he won't have those same feats. That is exactly why Hulk has feats like that because he's usually doing them to save something. However, what good did all those lifting feats do the hulk, thor or the thing when they were physically dominated by Thanos. Thanos doesn't need lifting feats his vs. matches against lifting beasts proves the point. Not to mention the context of him being a villian

KuRuPT Thanosi
Superman more durable and versatile LOL I can't get over that

Enyalus
Do you have an example of Thanos suddenly discovering a biological weakness as such?

And just the same, in case you try to change your blast to Kryptonite, how does he suddenly know the composition of a kryptonite blast?

No, no, I wouldn't go so far as to say he'd switch to K-nite. And you're right about the red sun weakness.

I'll concede that train of thought.

iceman24567
What no Quan??? Thank the Lord

psycho gundam
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Juntai how can you even compare superman durability with Thanos... Thanos doesn't get KO'd by once punch top tiers like Konvict. He's never been killed or physically dominated in a h2h fight the way Superman has vs. DD. I won't even bring up gas stations lol. Fact is Thanos doesn't get KO'd the way supes does throughout their histories. Furthermore, your strength feats are pointless. Of course superman has strength feats because usually for the sack of the story they will have him lifting or moving 200000000000000 tons to save earth or somebody. He's a hero genius so of course he has to move ridiculous stuff to save things or absorb explosions to save things. It's context. One is a hero and one is a villian so they aren't going to have the same feats. As far as strength goes when somebody physcially dominates characters like Thor, Thing, Surfer, Herc and Hulk often at the same time. Those are his strength feats because those are top tier strength characters who he doesn't lose to like supes does.

Furthermore, did somebody say superman is more versatile Thanos... Now I've heard it all.... Superman doesn't have near the versatility that Thanos has. Are you arguing supes is more versatile. Show me supes using matter manipulation and turning a character into stone. Show me his mind rape showings as Thanos has against top tier that thanos has. Show me supes firing the energy blasts that thanos routinely does. Thanos also has magical abilities as well as stated by Marvel which supes doesn't have. I would also say Thanos is the better MA as he's studied them for thousands of years. Supes more versatile and durable LOL LOL. nah bro, thanos is indeed going to get blitzed, just like he was by the runner who was also bent on putting an end to thanos.

I just believe that thanos would 1) be expecting intervention from...you know, somebody who is mad that their planet was decimated. he has his throne with him and that alone is a difficult obstacle to overcome, superman would destroy it but then again thanos would then be ready for battle.

and 2) thanos, the REAL thanos imo can take a pissed off and sun dipped superman beating and survive to return fire.

The Great Galen
Supes 7/10

Anti-Monitor
Originally posted by psycho gundam
nah bro, thanos is indeed going to get blitzed, just like he was by the runner who was also bent on putting an end to thanos.

I just believe that thanos would 1) be expecting intervention from...you know, somebody who is mad that their planet was decimated. he has his throne with him and that alone is a difficult obstacle to overcome, superman would destroy it but then again thanos would then be ready for battle.

and 2) thanos, the REAL thanos imo can take a pissed off and sun dipped superman beating and survive to return fire.

Thats also what I am thinking, Thanos is a Master at tactics so knowing Supes is coming at him he will be prepared.

Juntai
I don't need them to be topped. I just need something...else. Like I said, all of those are either shared feats (invalid in a forum battle) or the turning of something...which doesn't translate into lifting strength or punching strength.

EDIT: For instance, I think AOS 600 has Superman lifting a large ship out of the ocean with one hand. That's damn impressive.

(I'm probably wrong about the issue #...I just know that I have it.) In JLA 80 Page Giant 2, he held up the moon.

What kind of stuff are you looking for?

Philosophía
Superman.

Enyalus
In JLA 80 Page Giant 2, he held up the moon.

What kind of stuff are you looking for?

Any lifting feat on his own under his own power (preferrably not amped, ala no OWAW). Or physically overpowering someone who are themselves incredibly strong (like DD or Despero or DS or Konvikt), etc.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why do you need lifting feats for superman? Of course he has more then Thanos as I already explained why he would have more. He's a hero and thanos is a villian. Thanos show of strength feats comes from physically dominating top tier strength characters like Hulk, Surfer, Thor Herc, Thing etc. That plus thanos versatility and intelligence equals game over. Supes would blitz and punch thanos around some but thanos reaction speed, strength, energy manipulation and durability would win him this fight and pretty easily.

Juntai
Some clarification, so you understand Sundipped Superman a little better. He did a similar manner to this in OWAW.

Imperiex, at the conclusion of the story arc, had absorbed suffcient power to destroy the universe --and chain react the destruction of the multiverse. Imperiex, as Our Worlds at War Secret Files and Origins showed, was like god's cosmic agent of universal creation and destruction -- Imperiex was the Big Bang, essentially.

Brainiac had this power trapped inside himself; Imperiex chose the sundipped Superman to break Imperiex out of Brainiac's cell. Later, Superman outmuscled the Imperiex-powered B-13.

That should tell you just how powerful sundipped Superman was in that arc -- SUPERMAN was powerful enough to break a cell that a BIG BANG LEVEL ENERGY/FORCE could NOT; Superman was powerful enough to outmuscle B-13 using this same force in "full counter thrusters!"

skyfather
lol at the dc brigade saying supes wins because he lifts "heavier things"suppose supes is immune to matter manipulation as well.i mean is supes can get koed by one dimesional bricks like konvict and no marks like kalibak/mantis and orion,he aint no threat to the titan

KuRuPT Thanosi
THey were also saying supes is more versatile and durable LOL.

Anti-Monitor
So let me guess.....Supes KOs Thanos before he gets turned into stone or a spoon? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Enyalus
Some clarification, so you understand Sundipped Superman a little better. He did a similar manner to this in OWAW.

I have the arc. smile

Wasn't Superman sundipped for several minutes? As opposed to perhaps a few seconds as he is here?

I would liken this version of Supes to the Supes who defeated Darkseid in Superman/Batman #13.

The Great Galen
Supes has resisted matter manip from skyfathers before, IMO Thanos puts up a fight but loses at the end.

skyfather
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Supes has resisted matter manip from skyfathers before, IMO Thanos puts up a fight but loses at the end. lulz, he could'nt put diana down going all out.

iceman24567
Lulz at the Marvel Brigade saying Superman gets mind raped even though that arguement gets pwned everytime its brought up lulz at that no expression

Eel O'Brien

(I'm probably wrong about the issue #...I just know that I have it.)

In FC: Superman Beyond, Superman stops, then carries that big destroyer ship. It was 70 miles long and traveling with enough force to crack the planet open.

To catch it, Supes had to counter that force.

skyfather
Lulz at the Marvel Brigade saying Superman gets mind raped even though that arguement gets pwned everytime its brought up lulz at that no expression its never been pwned,is just dc bias fanboyism views that supes never loses to a marvel guy

Juntai
lol at the dc brigade saying supes wins because he lifts "heavier things"suppose supes is immune to matter manipulation as well.i mean is supes can get koed by one dimesional bricks like konvict and no marks like kalibak/mantis and orion,he aint no threat to the titan Superman is exponentially stronger here than his normal self. So your lowballing doesn't cut it here. Run along.

Anti-Monitor
And all of these extra powers make Supes kinda a crap character. Hes way to powerful. Hes supposed to be a fast flying, strong, durable, with HV, ice breath guy who is an Alien. Now hes a Silver Surfer guy, utter crap.

psycho gundam
bait threads always turn to bickering. shame really.

The Great Galen
lulz, he could'nt put diana down going all out.

Sigh, it was going all out since he was battling illusions at the time at the time....not to mention any other cirumstance in which he is in his right mind he is always depicted>>>WW so yeah. On the other hand Thanos didnt even lay a finger on gamora and has had problems hitting guys like CA before.

TheBadguy
Supes speedblitz and hits Thanos with 1000 earthshattering punches in a second

/endsarcasm

The Great Galen
Originally posted by TheBadguy

/endsarcasm

Probably.

psycho gundam
he never said that would ko him. wink

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by TheBadguy

Which does nothing because of Thanos durability and then pimp slap for the victory lol.

/endsarcasm

TheBadguy
lol

iceman24567
its never been pwned,is just dc bias fanboyism views that supes never loses to a marvel guy edit

iceman24567
its never been pwned,is just dc bias fanboyism views that supes never loses to a marvel guy Right....

Anti-Monitor
its never been pwned,is just dc bias fanboyism views that supes never loses to a marvel guy

thumb up

Juntai
thumb up What are you thumbs upping that for? You saw the mountain of evidence on page 2 debunking a mind-rape option here, and even complained about it. Then he says it's never been debunked, and you give him the thumb? lol.

iceman24567
Kmc has Marvel fanboys doing the same get over it.

Raoul
its never been pwned,is just dc bias fanboyism views that supes never loses to a marvel guy

because your credibility is sooo high right now.

*reads rest of thread*

i love how its not enough for people to say they think superman loses, they have to be asses about it too...

Anti-Monitor
What are you thumbs upping that for? You saw the mountain of evidence on page 2 debunking a mind-rape option here, and even complained about it. Then he says it's never been debunked, and you give him the thumb? lol.

just dc bias fanboyism views that supes never loses to a marvel guy

This part....

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Stoic
I've seen people pitting Thanos against Superman 1 Million as if to say that the regular Superman would stand no chance against Thanos, but I have something to say to the contrary.

Superman has beaten Darkseid who seems every bit as powerful as Thanos.

Superman is faster than Thanos in nearly every way.

Superman is "arguably" as durable if not moreso.

Superman has just as many exotic abilities as Thanos, if not a little more.

In this scenario Superman is on his way back to Earth from doing a routine sweep of the solar system. On his way back he suddenly sees what appears to be a large explosion. In an effort to get get back faster, he decides that he must fly through the sun.

As he bursts from the raging inferno, he sees his worse nightmare... the Earth is no longer blue but is now a desolate wasteland, and all of it's inhabitants have been killed including Lois Lane. On careful inspection he sees one large figure, larger than a man walking towards what appears to be a chair much like Metron's Mobius chair.

Enraged he flies to intercept this mystery being at near light speeds and finds himself face to face with the large humanoid who introduces himself as Thanos.

Thanos asks him how he survived when everyone else on the pitiful planet had died. Thanos tells Superman that the Earth now belongs to his beloved Death, and that soon he will be a new addition!

Without warning Superman attacks Thanos with a fury that he has never known before.

Who wins?

Superman of course!

iceman24567
What are you thumbs upping that for? You saw the mountain of evidence on page 2 debunking a mind-rape option here, and even complained about it. That doesn't matter Thanos pwned the Maker with tp she has unlimited power but no tp resistance feats but thats ok because Thanos is a Marvel character and Superman is a Dc character thats all that matter even if he has really good telepathy resistance but doesn't matter Thanos is a Marvel character he win via Mind rape easily eek! . See i can play the fanboy bias card too i want a thumbs up too sad

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't think Thanos can mind rape supes for the victory. I think he could affect him no doubt and hurt him enough to do other attacks while do that. I also don't believe he could matter manipulate Supes but again supes would have to expend energy to fight it off. What it comes down to is Thanos wins because of his MA, durability, strength, intelligence and versatility. All those equal victory for the Titan

Anti-Monitor
And all of these extra powers make Supes kinda a crap character. Hes way to powerful. Hes supposed to be a fast flying, strong, durable, with HV, ice breath guy who is an Alien. Now hes a Silver Surfer guy, utter crap.

KuRuPT Thanosi
He doesn't have extra powers he's just amped basically

iceman24567
Thanos would be a crappy character aswell the man even has the power cosmic it doesn't get crappier no expression

TheBadguy
The fact that Supes needs to be this pissed and sunamped shows he is not on Thanos' level. I can see him taking some under these circumstances but I don't see how people think he is going to dominate, Thanos is too durable,powerful and versatile.

Anti-Monitor
He doesn't have extra powers he's just amped basically

But stilll....they should roll them back a little, just like Logan was crap when he was God like. But now hes good again...kinda.

AlmightyKfish
Does sun dipping do anything if it's less than a second?

Anyway, Thanos ftw.

Eel O'Brien
Obvoiusly Supes wins this because Thanos is from Marvel.

*ducks*

Juntai
just dc bias fanboyism views that supes never loses to a marvel guy

This part.... I never suggested that, but it's also not the case here.

This isn't regular Superman.

Superman has probably the highest feats of any conventional character in comics, if you leaf through his better showings.

Now sometimes this is offset in people's minds, because Superman lowers his powers to hang around on Earth and not destroy it. This has outright been stated, it's also outright obvious he could.

So you're taking all of these elements away from Superman.

Then you're adding him not only a sundip, but the loss of Earth and Lois to boot.

The loss of Lois and Earth, is going to amp him even more, because as Superman angers or stresses, he draws in and can expell drastically more energy.

This removes the lowballing, which is what people always do when they're backed into the wall with evidence against Superman anyways and can't debate their way out, so we not only thow those out... but also assures us, that this is probaly post COIE Superman, at his absolute strongest-- and then some.

skyfather
because your credibility is sooo high right now.

*reads rest of thread*

i love how its not enough for people to say they think superman loses, they have to be asses about it too... crylaugh0
credibility..who cares,when the vast majority side with whoever thanos(or other marvel guys)are facing,just so they can spite,bait marvel/thanos fanboys i.e quan.. etc

ultimatethor
I don't think Thanos can mind rape supes for the victory. I think he could affect him no doubt and hurt him enough to do other attacks while do that. I also don't believe he could matter manipulate Supes but again supes would have to expend energy to fight it off. What it comes down to is Thanos wins because of his MA, durability, strength, intelligence and versatility. All those equal victory for the Titan

Pretty accurate.

Raoul
crylaugh0
credibility..who cares,when the vast majority side with whoever thanos(or other marvel guys)are facing,just so they can spite,bait marvel/thanos fanboys i.e quan.. etc

yes, because it has nothing to do with people just picking any marvel character over superman...

psycho gundam
this fight reminds me of the last episode of justice league unlimited.

iceman24567
Originally posted by psycho gundam
this fight reminds me of the last episode of justice league unlimited. laughing

Philosophía
Superman went physicall against Dominus, who was manhandling Kismet (DC's version of Eternity).

Helped slow Spectre's body, which is composed of a consciouness that contains Eternity itself. Basically slowing the fall of something that weights as much as Eternity.

In Superman Beyond, he lifted a book containing infinite pages, with the help of Captain Marvel. (along with the other impressive ship-feat).

So I'm pretty sure, that if it came to both sides presenting high-end feats on both sides, Superman would just simply crush Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Juntai
I agree and I don't think anybody is disputing superman has more lifting feats. However, this is in direct relation to him being a hero and saving the day by lifting x object which ways 20000000000000 tons. We all know this but it's the context of him being a hero and thanos a villian that matters. Of course Thanos won't have those same saving feats because he's the bad guy. However, Thanos strength is shown by him directly physically dominating heroes how have similiar strength feats as you described i.e. hulk, thor, surfer, herc, thing etc etc. He physically dominates them proving his strength and what he could do if lifting was his desire. Furthermore, you claim he's physically stronger then so and so yet has been physically dominated by Seid (who has very few lifting feats like Thanos), Orion, Konvict, Kalibak etc etc. No question Superman is strong and has good durability. It's just that Thanos durability has been proven superior. Strength I really don't know it's hard to say they are a good match. The difference here is Thanos is way more versatile and intelligent and durable and a better MA. All those equal supes putting up a good fight and he could take a few but Thanos wins the majority IMO I disagree, amped up as he is in this thread Supes is easily the stronger, faster, more durable, and generally more powerful of the two in this thread, and not by a hair, but by a large margin.

What you're suggesting MIGHT be more true concerning regular Superman.

But he's certainly not even close to power to a sundipped, "my wife was killed, my home destroyed", Superman.

Enyalus
While Thanos had the orb, he physically stalemated Tyrant. Now, yes he was amped - however, this was before his most recent upgrade. All things considered, I think the orb amp and the upgrade are about equal.

And Tyrant KO'd Gladiator with one elbow, didn't he?

Anti-Monitor
So, Supes sundips for less than a second and nows hes Skyfather/Abstract levels? roll eyes (sarcastic) Some of you guys sound like Hulk fanboys.

Juntai
While Thanos had the orb, he physically stalemated Tyrant. Now, yes he was amped - however, this was before his most recent upgrade. All things considered, I think the orb amp and the upgrade are about equal.

And Tyrant KO'd Gladiator with one elbow, didn't he? Extrapolation, at best. Bring something quantifiable to the table.

ultimatethor
lulz at the idea of high end physical lifting feats being used to determine overall powerlevels of two characters let alone determining who should win in this match.

Enyalus
So Supes sundips for less than a second and nows hes Skyfather/Abstract levels? roll eyes (sarcastic) Some of you guys sound like Hulk fanboys.

Meh, a pissed off no-holding back Supes who is sunamped briefly sounds like the one who broke DS's arm and threw him into the Source Wall in Superman/Batman.

I'd give Supes a small edge in strength (possibly), a definite edge in speed, about equal in MA, and the disadvantage in about everything else.

ultimatethor
So Supes sundips for less than a second and nows hes Skyfather/Abstract levels? roll eyes (sarcastic) Some of you guys sound like Hulk fanboys.

Quite true.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Juntai Superman is laying is the sun. He's flying super fast right through it for what a second? That is hardly a great sun amp. Especially when you consider Thanos energy manipulation. Furthermore, as I said what it come down to is versatility... Thanos can mind rape supes enough to bother him while doing other attacks. I don't think he can beat his mind by any means and supes has shown good resistance to such but he can affect him. Same with matter manipulation.. he can affect him and make him expend energy. What is said is CERTAINLY true for regular supes as he has little chance. With a minor sun amp I think supes could take a few but the majority I disagree.

Philosophía
lulz at the idea of high end physical lifting feats being used to determine overall powerlevels of two characters

Where was this ?

Anti-Monitor
Meh, a pissed off no-holding back Supes who is sunamped briefly sounds like the one who broke DS's arm and threw him into the Source Wall in Superman/Batman.

I'd give Supes a small edge in strength (possibly), a definite edge in speed, about equal in MA, and the disadvantage in about everything else.

Thanos is a way better fighter, more cunning, master at tactics and more durable. Strength is about equal and Clark def has the speed.

Juntai
Juntai Superman is laying is the sun. He's flying super fast right through it for what a second? That is hardly a great sun amp. Especially when you consider Thanos energy manipulation. Furthermore, as I said what it come down to is versatility... Thanos can mind rape supes enough to bother him while doing other attacks. I don't think he can beat his mind by any means and supes has shown good resistance to such but he can affect him. Same with matter manipulation.. he can affect him and make him expend energy. What is said is CERTAINLY true for regular supes as he has little chance. With a minor sun amp I think supes could take a few but the majority I disagree. What you're not understanding is this-- not only did Superman fly through the sun, but his world was destroyed, and Lois was killed.

When Superman is stressed or angry, he DRAWS in energy at vastly accelerated rates. Here, he's doing that quicker than ever before.

Enyalus
In recent memory, Superman's been royally screwed up by Killawog and KO'd by John Stewart. How's he going to handle Thanos' energy barrage?

ultimatethor

Anti-Monitor
What you're not understanding is this-- not only did Superman fly through the sun, but his world was destroyed, and Lois was killed.

When Superman is stressed or angry, he DRAWS in energy at vastly accelerated rates. Here, he's doing that quicker than ever before.

And?

Thanos will be prepared for Supes. Thanos has a better chin than Supes.

Juntai
And?

Thanos will be prepared for Supes. He's not getting prep time here, lol.

Juntai
This seems to be coming down to "Thanos will find a way"...

Interesting, sometimes Superman supporters get told that.

Anti-Monitor
He's not getting prep time here, lol.

Granted, forgot that part but Thanos still has the better chin. And this is still based on Supes KOing him before he gets turned into stone or a spoon?

Raoul
In recent memory, Superman's been royally screwed up by Killawog and KO'd by John Stewart. How's he going to handle Thanos' energy barrage?

if those are the instances i'm thinking of, i don't recall superman exactly wanting to fight the two of them...

Juntai
Granted, forgot that part but Thanos still has the better chin. Not in this thread. Superman both has the better durability feats, and not only is he not afraid of harming people and won't hold back... but...is amped, so as to remove the low showings. wink

Enyalus
if those are the instances i'm thinking of, i don't recall superman exactly wanting to fight the two of them...

He was trying to stop 'Wog, and was flying at Stewart to stop him. I'm showing levels of durability. Thanos' energy blasts are much more powerful.

And showings against the Surfer and Hulk show how physically strong he is. Superman's not nearly as durable as Thanos, and he's going to go down for the majority. I give Supes 2-3 wins out of 10 in this circumstance.

Juntai
Juntai brought up the point of thanos best strength feat early in the thread when trying to establish supes power level. I brought up many aspects, because I know Thanos can't match Supes' better feats, which is exactly the type of beast he'd be up against here- and then some.

Raoul
He was trying to stop 'Wog, and was flying at Stewart to stop him. I'm showing levels of durability. Thanos' energy blasts are much more powerful.

And showings against the Surfer and Hulk show how physically strong he is. Superman's not nearly as durable as Thanos, and he's going to go down for the majority. I give Supes 2-3 wins out of 10 in this circumstance.

i'm not arguing whether he can beat thanos, as i simply don't have any interest in thanos as a character, and have never really read much of his stuff...

john in rebirth? superman was confused, he didn't know what was wrong, and he wasn't exactly trying to hurt one of his friends...

iirc it was the same with wog...

even if you argue durability, superman weighs 225 lbs. he can get smacked around a lot, but he still gets back up most of the time...

ultimatethor
Thanos has quite a durability advantage plus extremey strong shields. Putting him down will be a tough task in itself. Further he is more intelligent and has the versatility advantage. Supes combination of superior speed and comparable strength isnt going to cut it.

Juntai

And showings against the Surfer and Hulk show how physically strong he is. Superman's not nearly as durable as Thanos, and he's going to go down for the majority. I give Supes 2-3 wins out of 10 in this circumstance. Do you have a Thanos durability feat, that is greater than Superman taking a 700 light year explosion point blank, while nearly powerless from red sun? And not only not being KOed, but flying away, outrunning entropy radiation?

Juntai
Thanos has quite a durability advantage plus extremey strong shields. Putting him down will be a tough task in itself. Further he is more intelligent and has the versatility advantage. Supes combination of superior speed and comparable strength isnt going to cut it. Supes strength is vastly superior in this circumstance. His durability is also exponentially amped.

Enyalus
i'm not arguing whether he can beat thanos, as i simply don't have any interest in thanos as a character, and have never really read much of his stuff...

john in rebirth? superman was confused, he didn't know what was wrong, and he wasn't exactly trying to hurt one of his friends...

iirc it was the same with wog...

Ha, those are the instances I was mentioning. You're good.

Although no, I think Supes was genuinely attempting to stop Killawog. Then kinda went bloodlusted himself due to the Blackrock.

Eel O'Brien

Kilowog ambushed Supes from behind. Supes wasn't trying to fight John Stewart (who was infected by Parallax)

KuRuPT Thanosi

QFT.

The sunamp and being bloodlusted I can see supes getting a few wins no doubt. He's a great character with feats to back it up. However, durability wise he's not on the same level as has been proven time and time again with supes getting KO'd. Lets not forget thanos is way more versatile than supes and has many many more ways to affect supes and hurt him. Supes has been physically dominated many a time by lesser characters then thanos or top tiers one could say. Thanos never losses to top tiers physically. Why isn't it possible for thanos to energy manipulation on supes and drain some of his energy or simply soak some of it up himself?

Juntai
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Kilowog ambushed Supes from behind. Supes wasn't trying to fight John Stewart (who was infected by Parallax) And he wasn't amped, and Lois hadn't been killed.

Enyalus
Do you have a Thanos durability feat, that is greater than Superman taking a 700 light year explosion point blank, while nearly powerless from red sun? And not only not being KOed, but flying away, outrunning entropy radiation?

sad I don't even know what feat you're referencing.

Odin's destroyed galaxies, though. Galaxies are roughly 100,000 lightyears across. Thanos has walked right through those blasts, even when Odin was backed by Asgard and focused through Gungir.

He's also survived a blast from a well fed Omega, who is twice as powerful as Galactus.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Stoic
Superman is "arguably" as durable if not moreso.Supe is impervious to blades & bullets

how does Thanos fare against slashing/piercing attacks?

Juntai
QFT.

The sunamp and being bloodlusted I can see supes getting a few wins no doubt. He's a great character with feats to back it up. However, durability wise he's not on the same level as has been proven time and time again with supes getting KO'd. Lets not forget thanos is way more versatile than supes and has many many more ways to affect supes and hurt him. Supes has been physically dominated many a time by lesser characters then thanos or top tiers one could say. Thanos never losses to top tiers physically. Why isn't it possible for thanos to energy manipulation on supes and drain some of his energy or simply soak some of it up himself? You got scans of sundipped Superman getting KOed frequently?

Show and tell.

Raoul
Ha, those are the instances I was mentioning. You're good.

Although no, I think Supes was genuinely attempting to stop Killawog. Then kinda went bloodlusted himself due to the Blackrock.

when you read as much superman and gl as i do, it's hard to miss anything laughing out loud

i havent read the wog one in a while, so i'm going purely by memory... i'd have to double check...

Juntai
sad I don't even know what feat you're referencing.

Odin's destroyed galaxies, though. Galaxies are roughly 100,000 lightyears across. Thanos has walked right through those blasts, even when Odin was backed by Asgard and focused through Gungir.

He's also survived a blast from a well fed Omega, who is twice as powerful as Galactus. Unquantifiable garbage. Try again.

ultimatethor
I brought up many aspects, because I know Thanos can't match Supes' better feats, which is exactly the type of beast he'd be up against here- and then some.

I disagree as i brought up feats sufficient to match and even surpass what u brought up for supes in aspects pertaining to thanos character.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Do you have a Thanos durability feat, that is greater than Superman taking a 700 light year explosion point blank, while nearly powerless from red sun? And not only not being KOed, but flying away, outrunning entropy radiation?

Yet he gets Ko'd by many a character with far less? You have to take the good with the bad in the durability area. Which thanos has consistently shown greater durability. Would that not be fair to say?

Juntai
Yet he gets Ko'd by many a character with far less? You have to take the good with the bad in the durability area. Which thanos has consistently shown greater durability. Would that not be fair to say? This Superman is amped to much higher levels, why would I consider lowballing feats?

Enyalus
Unquantifiable garbage. Try again.

Those should be perfectly valid. Especially the Omega one. Galactus when starved destroys three solar systems like its nothing. Omega was fed. And twice as powerful at his base.

Ditto with the Odin-feat.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>