light ray vs. silver surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Light ray of the new gods who i don't know too much about but heard he was uber powerful vs SS.

The Great Galen
If it was insane, Id say LR takes it 7/10.

Enyalus
SS smacks his shit either way.

The Great Galen
Nah, insane lightray is probably lower trans if anything. He created a sun under his own power and was stated as fighting 10 times the speed of light lol....now thats combat speed.

beast1234
silver surfer is much more powerful then he was before

The Great Galen
You mean that upgrade he got during the unilord thing, im not sure if he actually kept it though..i think he's still failr similar to how he always was.

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Nah, insane lightray is probably lower trans if anything. He created a sun under his own power and was stated as fighting 10 times the speed of light lol....now thats combat speed.

I think it was eight. And he and Takion were moving that fast. Not punching that fast.

Enyalus
You mean that upgrade he got during the unilord thing, im not sure if he actually kept it though..i think he's still failr similar to how he always was.

He means Annihilation.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Enyalus
I think it was eight. And he and Takion were moving that fast. Not punching that fast.

Possibly, although the narrative was very specific to mention"fighting"at that speed...the art probably just failed to depict the action which does tend to happen a lot of the time in comics.

Enyalus
Possibly, although the narrative was very specific to mention"fighting"at that speed...

no

darthgoober
Possibly, although the narrative was very specific to mention"fighting"at that speed...the art probably just failed to depict the action which does tend to happen a lot of the time in comics.
alright

The Great Galen
Originally posted by darthgoober
alright

The narrative explains that Takion and him were fighting at 10 times FTL, the art didnt showcase speed lines or after images like they would with flash/supes or even QS but if the narrative states it....it really isnt up for debate. The comet hulk smashed which was "twice the size of earth"didn't come off looking any bigger then a small rock....yet another example of the art not following the narrative.

darthgoober
The narrative explains that Takion and him were fighting at 10 times FTL, the art didnt showcase speed lines or after images like they would with flash/supes or even QS but if the narrative states it....it really isnt up for debate. The comet hulk smashed which was "twice the size of earth"didn't come off looking any bigger then a small rock....yet another example of the art not following the narrative.
I've seen the scan, the narrative explains no such thing. All it talks about is their reaching the Sun at 8 times lightspeed, that's not combat speed.

Enyalus
Originally posted by darthgoober
I've seen the scan, the narrative explains no such thing. All it talks about is their reaching the Sun at 8 times lightspeed, that's not combat speed.

Co-signed.

Mindset
The narrative explains that Takion and him were fighting at 10 times FTL, the art didnt showcase speed lines or after images like they would with flash/supes or even QS but if the narrative states it....it really isnt up for debate. The comet hulk smashed which was "twice the size of earth"didn't come off looking any bigger then a small rock....yet another example of the art not following the narrative. confused

leonidas
i'd need some crazy feats from LR to give him a chance in this fight . . .

ultimatethor
lulz does that guy even read ANY comics before he makes comments on them?

Anyways surfer wins.

Slaanesh
surfer

The Great Galen
Originally posted by ultimatewhore
lulz does that guy even read ANY comics before he makes comments on them?

Anyways surfer wins.

So he didnt fight at FTL...........

psycho gundam
Nah, insane lightray is probably lower trans if anything. He created a sun under his own power and was stated as fighting 10 times the speed of light lol....now thats combat speed. it's not insane light ray, just normal.

The Great Galen
I know,I was just stating insane lightray would win. Anyhow agaisnt a normal LR SS would take it 6/10.

Mindset
y only 6/10?

The Great Galen
Lightray is a elite matter manip who has stood up againt top tiers before, SS has more feats to his name so IMO he takes him.

Mindset
So in your opinion SS is barely better than Lightray?

The Great Galen
Yeah sure, well lightray may not be as good but he would give him a good fight.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Mindset
So in your opinion SS is barely better than Lightray?
Considering lightray hangs with herald level characters and can create giant suns under his own power....yeah Im not putting ss THAT far over him.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Considering lightray hangs with herald level characters and can create giant suns under his own power....yeah Im not putting ss THAT far over him.

SS creates black holes.

Black holes eat suns.

big grin SS wins.

vlaaad12345
Depends on the size,I havn't seen ss blackholes eating giant stars wink

The Great Galen
I just remembered that SS didn't even beat quasar all that handily either...

Mindset
Depends on the size,I havn't seen ss blackholes eating giant stars wink You've seen blackholes?

ultimatethor
SS creates black holes.

Black holes eat suns.

big grin SS wins.

Also dont forget that SS created a blackhole as an after effect of a casual energy discharge. The amount of energy needed to do such is immense

Enyalus
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Also dont forget that SS created a blackhole as an after effect of a casual energy discharge. The amount of energy needed to do such is immense

Screw you. I'll forget what I want to, damnit.

psycho gundam
Depends on the size,I havn't seen ss blackholes eating giant stars wink in the very center of our galaxy, there's a giant black hole "eating" the milky way as we speak. wink giant stars are nothing when a whole galaxy is doomed.

The Great Galen

Srry u made a mistake, SS energy discharge was specifically intended for that effect...just thought I'd correct you.

Enyalus
Srry u made a mistake, SS energy discharge was specifically intended for that effect...just thought I'd correct you.

Wrong again.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by psycho gundam
in the very center of our galaxy, there's a giant black hole "eating" the milky way as we speak. wink giant stars are nothing when a whole galaxy is doomed.
And has it instantly eatin stars?also are ss blackholes that big or strong..the answer to both is no,what other blackholes can potentially do is irrelevant the only thing that matters is what ss can do.

The Great Galen
The energy used was specific for that effect, it has already been debunked try agian.

Enyalus
The energy used was specific for that effect, it has already been debunked try agian.

No, and wrong.

The Great Galen
It was debunked, anyhow SS 6/10.

ultimatethor
lulz, Debunked by who? People that have never even seen the comic let alone read it? rolling on floor laughing

Enyalus
It was debunked, anyhow SS 6/10.

Cite your sources then. Give me a link where this discussion happened. Show me scans.

What happened was Surfer blew up a planet. By powering up. The side effect was to create a black hole. There was no specific reason for him creating it, and nothing to be gained by doing it intentionally.

ultimatethor
No, and wrong.

As usual he has no idea what he is talking about. I would love for he or anyone to show me where in the comic that it stated anything of the sort.

Mindset
He has the special edition comic

ultimatethor
He has the special edition comic

He seems to have many of those. he also has the comic were it was "specifically" stated that lightray was fighting at 10 times the speed of light. sad Its quite sad really

The Great Galen
How so, if u claim to read the comic in question then u would know the enrgy SS used had specific properties that created the blackhole, and yest lightray did fight at that speed. If u read comics u would know that but then again u r the most credible poster here on KMC....

Mindset
If u read comics u would know that but then again u r the most credible poster here on KMC.... thumb up

Enyalus
Surfer should take at least 9/10 from Light Ray. Durability too high. Strength too high. Energy output too high. 'Bout the same energy manipulation abilities...

Light Ray is like MGD-64.

The Great Galen
Yeah but then again u did think SS could take supes 1M so I suppose it shoudln't shock me that much heh.

Enyalus
You allergic to staying on topic, Galen?

Mindset
Yeah but then again u did think SS could take supes 1M so I suppose it shoudln't shock me that much heh. And you thought Wonder Woman could oneshot Iceman.

You really want to play this game?

The Great Galen
She could, and my argument had merit which is the difference and u were warned for trolling me.

Mindset
And you still don't get that she couldn't. facepalm

Keep your fail to yourself and stay on topic.

ultimatethor
SIgh. time to make the poster in question look like a buffoon AGAIN

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silversurfercreatesblackholepart1.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silversurfercreatesblackhole.jpg

Notice that the point that our adroit friend mentions in which the specific nature of SS blasts is mentioned: DOES NOT EXIST.

Really this clown is too much eek!

Enyalus

Thanos was drawn downright sexy throughout that whole arc.

The Great Galen

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silversurfercreatesblackholepart1.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silversurfercreatesblackhole.jpg

Notice that the point that our adroit friend mentions in which the specific nature of SS blasts is mentioned: DOES NOT EXIST.

Really this clown is too much eek!

....those scans prove what exactly, as I said the point was debunked so lets no go off topic. Anyhow SS 6/10.

Mindset
http://static.flickr.com/39/105820790_6826be5403.jpg

ultimatethor
lulz. thankfully the ignore button was KMC's gift to sane posters.

ultimatethor
Thanos was drawn downright sexy throughout that whole arc.

Pfft i dont find purple sexy at all.

Enyalus
Pfft i dont find purple sexy at all.

Thanos = sexy.
Gladiator = sexy.
Magus = sexy.

C'mon. Admit it.

ultimatethor
Thanos = sexy.
Gladiator = sexy.
Magus = sexy.

C'mon. Admit it.

sick sick sick rip1

ultimatethor
although the narrative was very specific to mention"fighting"at that speed...

Yup im sure it did in whatever comic u read.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Takion7-12.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Takion7-13.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Takion7-14.jpg

Once again notice that the point where the narration specifically mentions them "fighting at ten times the speed of light"...... DOESNT EXIST
eek!

Enyalus
Doesn't matter. He's not going to admit he's wrong. He'll just keep making up BS that we're supposed to disprove his stance while he does nothing to prove it.

King Kandy
I love how even in the face of the scans themselves he claims the SS feat has been "debunked."

-K-M-
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Takion7-14.jpg

Sort of does in the last scan

ultimatethor
Originally posted by -K-M-
Sort of does in the last scan

It talks about them moving towards the sun at light speed and lightray taking control again and directing them back to the moon. Now if u want to call that battle speed no problems (even though i disagree with it) as thats not even the point. What im pointing out is him saying the comic was very specific and the narration stated they were "fighting" at that speed. No such thing was included in the narration.

Mindset
Sort of does in the last scan Except they aren't really fighting (throwing punches, kicks, etc), they are just struggling against each other while flying at ftl speeds.

-K-M-
*scratches his head*

it says the speed of light would take them 8 minutes to get from the moon to the sun, but they did it in a minute. That would seem to indicate they were moving faster then the speed of light as told by the narration

Except they aren't really fighting (throwing punches, kicks, etc), they are just struggling against each other while flying at ftl speeds.

Ok?

ultimatethor
*scratches his head*

it says the speed of light would take them 8 minutes to get from the moon to the sun, but they did it in a minute. That would seem to indicate they were moving faster then the speed of light as told by the narration

Yes and they certainly were moving faster than light speed i am not disputing that at all. I am however pointing out that nowhere contrary to what Galen mentions does the narration specifically state they were "fighting" at 10 times the speed of light.

Mindset

Ok? Maybe you should read the rest of the thread?

He was using that as proof that Lightray's combat speed is 10x the speed of light.

-K-M-
Yes and they certainly were moving faster than light speed i am not disputing that at all. I am however pointing out that nowhere contrary to what Galen mentions does the narration specifically state they were "fighting" at 10 times the speed of light.

From the scans sort of looks like they were fighting at that speed, regardless it's not like I really care.

Maybe you should read the rest of the thread?

He was using that as proof that Lightray's combat speed is 10x the speed of light.

Yeah I did, and that scan sort of shows that *shrugs*

Nihilist
surfer 8/10

lawest9
How about 5/5.

tdawg14
Wow! Surfer easily takes 9/10 here. Probably 10/10 as he is just on another level than Lightray.

Bouboumaster
I just remembered that SS didn't even beat quasar all that handily either...

... When?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.