Karate kid vs Akuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Avlon
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/163921-39756-karate-kid_super.PNG (US Comics)

vs

http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/akuma.jpg (Current)

Battle on a plain field.

cloud102
Good fight. I'm not sure.

Enyalus
Shouldn't Akuma take this pretty easily? Especially since it's current Val?

cloud102
The pic is Pre-Crisis Val.

Jugglenaut
Originally posted by cloud102
The pic is Pre-Crisis Val.
That's Val drawn by Benes for Countdown 45.
PC Val would stomp Akuma pretty easily.

cloud102
Originally posted by Jugglenaut
That's Val drawn by Benes for Countdown 45.
PC Val would stomp Akuma pretty easily.

Right. The original Val. Not Zero Hour or Waid's Val.

psycho gundam
if anyone ever watched any of the SF animes/movies or read the comics, the haduken (or Go haduken in gouki's case) knows it creates a big explosion when it hits. even a miss can injure the kk.

imo gouki for the win, even if val somehow pushes gouki to the limit......he'll only make gouki stop holding back. shin gouki would kill him easily.

Avlon
The modern Val is still pretty badass...under mind control Bats cheated in order to beat him, and he punked Equus.

Mindset
Originally posted by Avlon
The modern Val is still pretty badass...under mind control Bats cheated in order to beat him, and he punked Equus. How did Batman cheat?

You mean when BL hit Val with lightning?

cloud102
Yeah, Val just came out of a coma and thought he was Trident. And still kept up with Batman, taking his utility belt and caused a hernia.

psycho gundam
i know, but gouki only lost twice in his whole life time( back when he was young he lost to gouken, then lost to gen). and the two people he lost two, he killed them the second go around with the shun goku satsu for the coup de grace after beating them silly, you only get one win off of a young holding back gouki.

gouki has that move where he can seemingly pass through opponents mid strike and get their blind side, a tactic that usually leads to a lethal combo ending the fight.

cloud102
I doubt he can kill Val. Someone who has dodged ftl attacks and energy projectiles. You think this is new to Val? Nope.

Mindset
Yeah, Val just came out of a coma and thought he was Trident. And still kept up with Batman, taking his utility belt and caused a hernia. Val thought he caused a hernia, Batman was just moving so BL could ko him.

psycho gundam
Someone who has dodged ftl attacks and energy projectiles. your going to have to show a scan of that, that's just not right.

cloud102
Originally posted by psycho gundam
your going to have to show a scan of that, that's just not right.

He somehow dodged the lightning in Lightning strikes, I think, dodged Validus's bolts, and even in Zero Hour, tagged a bunch of speedsters that were going near the speed of light. Also managed to tag Mon-El in a sparring match.

cloud102
Very good respect thread for Val. Even showing restraining Pre-Crisis Superboy, who was mind controlled by Mordru.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=69734

Jugglenaut
your going to have to show a scan of that, that's just not right.
Dodging Speed Force enhanced lightning after it's HIT him?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Karate%20Kid/JLA10-17ThePyre-LegionBoy.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Karate%20Kid/JLA10-18ThePyre-LegionBoy.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Karate%20Kid/JLA10-25ThePyre-LegionBoy.jpg

psycho gundam
lightning can't be dodged, if kk is the possitive pole and the super cumulonimbus clouds are the negative...that's the end of that.

he just survived the bolt.

The Great Galen
No he dodged it...anyhow on this particular fight I would go with KK 10/10. Akuma appears merely meta to me, maybe on the low/mid sie of things.

Priest
Gouki wins.

The Great Galen
How exactly, based on what showings exactly?

Priest
He better than current KK.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by The Great Galen
No he dodged it... http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Karate%20Kid/JLA10-18ThePyre-LegionBoy.jpg

I'm Bran
Originally posted by Jugglenaut
Dodging Speed Force enhanced lightning after it's HIT him?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Karate%20Kid/JLA10-17ThePyre-LegionBoy.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Karate%20Kid/JLA10-18ThePyre-LegionBoy.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Karate%20Kid/JLA10-25ThePyre-LegionBoy.jpg lulz...

That doesn't even make sense, as we see it hit him in the midsection, and he's not in the position to duck... or even close.

psycho gundam
I doubt he can kill Val. Someone who has dodged ftl attacks and energy projectiles. You think this is new to Val? Nope. shun goku satsu aka raging demon or instant hell murder would end it.
that move sends your soul to hell....not sure if kk can "duck" that.

cloud102
lightning can't be dodged, if kk is the possitive pole and the super cumulonimbus clouds are the negative...that's the end of that.

he just survived the bolt.

Nah, he dodged it. Even the writer said so. Just like he has dodged lightning before.

psycho gundam
Nah, he dodged it. Even the writer said so. Just like he has dodged lightning before. Originally posted by I'm Bran
lulz...

That doesn't even make sense, as we see it hit him in the midsection, and he's not in the position to duck... or even close.

cloud102
So you fail to recognize that he has dodged energy projectiles, bricks moving at the speed or close to light, and lightning? Gotcha.

psycho gundam
So you fail to recognize that he has dodged energy projectiles, bricks moving at the speed or close to light, and lightning? Gotcha. and you just fail at looking up a few inches......that my friend is EPIC.

cloud102
Still not going to accept Val has dodged super speed attacks and projectiles?

I'm Bran
Still not going to accept Val has dodged super speed attacks and projectiles? I don't see where he failed to accept anything... the only thing he is talking about is the only thing that has been proven in this thread, and he's bringing up how that scene makes no sense.

Not any other time, but just the one scene.

cloud102
Originally posted by I'm Bran
I don't see where he failed to accept anything... the only thing he is talking about is the only thing that has been proven in this thread, and he's bringing up how that scene makes no sense.

Not any other time, but just the one scene.

Make any sense? It's a damn comic book. Does towing a bunch of planets across the universe make any sense? No, it doesn't, but we all accept it as a feat. As for the issue at hand, the artist was trying to put the readers at suspense, because SOMEONE was supposed to die in that arc. Yet, Val dodged the lightning bolt, just as he has done in the past.

People don't just dodge lightning bolts in real life. Yet, Val can.

EVOLVED human, with amped super speed and strength probably makes it possible.

I'm Bran
Make any sense? It's a damn comic book. Does towing a bunch of planets across the universe make any sense? No, it doesn't, but we all accept it as a feat. As for the issue at hand, the artist was trying to put the readers at suspense, because SOMEONE was supposed to die in that arc. Yet, Val dodged the lightning bolt, just as he has done in the past.

People don't just dodge lightning bolts in real life. Yet, Val can.

EVOLVED human, with amped super speed and strength probably makes it possible. Do you see me doubting people throwing around planets? No, didn't think so. And even in comics, there is a line of logic, and even in comics, what happened there makes no sense.
No one is doubting his past events... in fact, no other feat is in anyway relevant to what happened in that scene. We see the lightning hit him in the mid section, and that's why Val's comments don't make sense... as there's no way he ducked it.

So? That has nothing to do with anything. He could be Aunt May, and that would mean nothing to the scene brought into question.
But since you brought up real world... even an evolved human can't dodge something moving at 1/3 the speed of light... so I don't know why you're bringing up that sort of stuff when you're earlier making the point that 'it's a damn comic book.'.

Anyway, to make a long story short, the scene shown makes no sense, and just because PG is doubting that, it doesn't mean he's doubting KK (although, he has a right to, since no proof has been shown... in either direction I guess).

cloud102
Val's character makes no sense and has no logic. How can you explain someone who has trained in EVERY martial art in the known universe and dodge something that moves just as fast as light? Whether you like it or not, he has dodged it. Even the writer, Meltzer has confirmed this.

I'm Bran
Val's character makes no sense and has no logic. How can you explain someone who has trained in EVERY martial art in the known universe and dodge something that moves just as fast as light? Whether you like it or not, he has dodged it. Even the writer, Meltzer has confirmed this. Heh... ?

That has nothing to do with the scene... again.

What people are having a problem with, is the fact that the lightning is shown to tear through his mid section (yet he says he ducks it, as well as apparently the writer), not with what his powers are.

"Whether you like it or not, he has dodged it."
Did I indicate that I didn't like it? Or that I didn't like KK or something?

cloud102
Yet, nothing was burned on his clothing and no marks on him, IIRC. Something coming from the speed force bolt, you'd expect some damage. But there wasn't any, because he "ducked."

I'm Bran
Yet, nothing was burned on his clothing and no marks on him, IIRC. Something coming from the speed force bolt, you'd expect some damage. But there wasn't any, because he "ducked." **** it.

Apparently you're supposed to have damage for attacks to have hit you, and somehow he ducked it when it's shown hitting his mid-section. Anyway, like I was saying, the scene makes no sense, and with your only argument being 'he ducked it', that farther backs it up.

TheBadguy
Akuma eats his soul...I hate KK he is more retarded than Flash

I'm Bran
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Akuma eats his soul...I hate KK he is more retarded than Flash That's certainly not a bias opinion...

TheBadguy
That's certainly not a bias opinion...

I don't know if I can separate my bias on this one. He is just that stupid of a character

I'm Bran
Originally posted by TheBadguy
I don't know if I can separate my bias on this one. He is just that stupid of a character You could... not post?

cloud102
**** it.

Apparently you're supposed to have damage for attacks to have hit you, and somehow he ducked it when it's shown hitting his mid-section. Anyway, like I was saying, the scene makes no sense, and with your only argument being 'he ducked it', that farther backs it up.

Yeah, for an energy attack that tore up the ground, Val had nothing on him. Oh, and the pic doesn't necessarily show Val being hit. He COULD have been on the other side of the attack.

Warrior18
To be fair I think Val was supposed to have been shown to dodge/duck the attack. Just the artist was mega retarded in the way he tried to show it.

TheBadguy
You could... not post?

laughing out loud

I'm Bran
Yeah, for an energy attack that tore up the ground, Val had nothing on him. Oh, and the pic doesn't necessarily show Val being hit. He COULD have been on the other side of the attack. That doesn't necessarily mean it's going to damage his costume. Costumes are almost invulnerable.

He ducked it though... meaning it went over his head.

Original Smurph
meh... the way Val was drawn, it looked like he was hinting that there was more than just ducking involved, but maybe i'm looking too far into it.

psycho gundam
imo, the joke "ducked" meant that he survived the lightning, but he was not sure how.

iceman24567
Karate kid chops Akuma in half.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by iceman24567
Karate kid chops Akuma in half. he'd see the hand coming down and shoryuken kk in the chin, blowing up his head like a hot pocket in the microwave on high.

cloud102
Val creates an earthquake and performs the soul of no return move, thus kicking the crap out of Akuma.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.