Wolverine (w/o Adamantium) Vs The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rhinoceros
It has been agreed on that Wolverine with adamantium takes Thing for a majority, but how does he fare against Thing with out his metal skeleton?

Current Thing vs Current Wolverine without his adamantium. Both blood lusted at a neutral arena.

Wei Phoenix
If this is Bone Claw Wolverine then Thing should stomp him seeing as I don't think his bones can even hurt his rock skin. I may be wrong though, I'm no Wolverine or Thing expert.

Enyalus
Blone claw Wolverine > TOAA >>>> Thing.

rotiart
Thing breaks wolverines claws and then wolverine has no way to hurt thing

Raoul
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
It has been agreed on that Wolverine with adamantium takes Thing for a majority

it has?

Rhinoceros
Originally posted by Raoul
it has?

I guess you missed the last Wolverine vs Thing thread. I recall almost everyone admitted that Wolverine would take the majority over Thing.

namorsubby
thing smashes

Raoul
I guess you missed the last Wolverine vs Thing thread. I recall almost everyone admitted that Wolverine would take the majority over Thing.

hmm...

Rhinoceros
hmm...

Do you disagree? Please share your opinion on both scenarios (with Adamantium and without it) smile

rotiart
With the claws, wolverine takes it. His adamantium/healing factor lets him go toe to toe. He'll keep chipping away until thing goes down. However Thing couldn't put down wolverine, unless he bfrs... and cis per forums states that doesn't happen.

Without claws... at best, wolverine stalemates. he could tire ben, and stay ahead of his blows pretty much forever. plus his adamantium skeleton plus healing factor means he'll stay around for most of the hits. Whereas on the other hand, pressure point attacks won't work on the thing, wolvering doesn't have the strength alone to break the things durability. And thing easily has the durability and strength to break wolverines claws to be useless against him.

That's how i see it anyways.

AlmightyKfish
W/o Adamantium Thing tears Wolverine in half.

Rhinoceros
Ah, I meant that Wolverine still has his claws, it's just that he doesn't have adamantium in the claws or in his skeleton.

carver9
With adamantium wolverine takes thing 9/10 and without adamantium didnt wolverine pierce thing before with his bone claws. I honestly give wolverine the edge against thing, his healing factor could take almost anything thing could dish out, his speed would allow him to circle around almost any attack thing could dish out.

Wolverine is built to fight people like ben and a stab to the eye should end this quickly.

Rhinoceros
Any opinions on this?

carver9
yes; wolverine 7/10

Juk3n
stab in the eye > bludgeoning all day

im not saying im absolutley right, but on this particular point, anyone who disagrees is filthy infidel scum ;-)

stick out tongue

X-Logan
with adamantium Wolverine would kill Thing, but without the metal bones Thing would take this.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by jinzin

=========
Skrull-Thing
=========
Bone-Claw Wolverine takes on a Skrull version of Thing and still manages to settle for a draw after a decent drop:
1. http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5770/thingwolviezy0.jpg

shifty

There's no logic in Bone Claw Wolvie. He's faster and has even more insane healing factor, I can understand that. But, how the hell he could penetrate through Onslaught's forcefields, cut Thanos&Hulk, defeat Immortal Hercules, Lobo, Ms. Marvel, Vision... that's beyond me. I mean, bone claws are supposed to be less durable than adamantium ones, right? confused

Anyway, Ben has problems with tagging Logan with adamantium. Without it, he's much faster. Like carver9 said, stab in the eye for the win.

Rhinoceros
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
shifty

There's no logic in Bone Claw Wolvie. He's faster and has even more insane healing factor, I can understand that. But, how the hell he could penetrate through Onslaught's forcefields, cut Thanos&Hulk, defeat Immortal Hercules, Lobo, Ms. Marvel, Vision... that's beyond me. I mean, bone claws are supposed to be less durable than adamantium ones, right? confused

Anyway, Ben has problems with tagging Logan with adamantium. Without it, he's much faster. Like carver9 said, stab in the eye for the win.

Now we're talking! It doesn't look like Wolverine can penetrate Skrull-Thing's skin there. If I recall correctly, those copies were way worse than the originals.

StiltmanFTW
Now we're talking! It doesn't look like Wolverine can penetrate Skrull-Thing's skin there. If I recall correctly, those copies were way worse than the originals.

To me it looks like Logan scratched him a bit. And yeah, Skrull copies are almost always worse than the originals, can't deny that. Just look at Skrull-WWH.

Rhinoceros
To me it looks like Logan scratched him a bit. And yeah, Skrull copies are almost always worse than the originals, can't deny that. Just look at Skrull-WWH.
His claws didn't make any real damage, that's my point.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but just in case I'll mention that during the same arc Colossus about one shotted Skrulk, Gambit owned bunch of Avengers (Thor?) Wolverine killed Skrullverine in a single hit. Etc. smile

batdude123
it has?

Yes.

tkitna
I personally dont think Wolverine has any business taking any kind of majority against Ben, but I suppose he is Marvels wet dream.

Without Adamantium, Thing clobbers.

StiltmanFTW
His claws didn't make any real damage, that's my point.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but just in case I'll mention that during the same arc Colossus about one shotted Skrulk, Gambit owned bunch of Avengers (Thor?) Wolverine killed Skrullverine in a single hit. Etc. smile

No, I wasn't sarcastic. SkrullWWH was killed by Ms. Marvel (oh, and that Skrull had Cyclop's powers, too). Skrulls = cannon fodder. Just like ninjas.

Still, I think that was pretty impressive that Logan managed to knock down SkrullThing. He did that to real Ben, too (X4). Knock down gives him an opportunity to deliver a kill blow. He didn't do that to Skrull 'cause they fell. And in X4 he just wanted to teach Ben some manners.

This is a serious fight, so I can see Logan stabbing Grimm in the eye.

Rhinoceros
Yeah, well Skrullbolt did fare rather well against WWh, unless that was retconned.

Thing's prepared for Wolverine here, and bloodlusted. Wolverine needs to get really close to Thing before he can stab his eyes. He can also cause minor earthquakes and make thunderclaps that will make Wolverine's job harder. If it comes to it, he can also just shield his eyes with his own gigantic hand.

I'm not much of a Thing fan, but I don't think Wolverine really can beat him here.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, well Skrullbolt did fare rather well against WWh, unless that was retconned.

Thing's prepared for Wolverine here, and bloodlusted. Wolverine needs to get really close to Thing before he can stab his eyes. He can also cause minor earthquakes and make thunderclaps that will make Wolverine's job harder. If it comes to it, he can also just shield his eyes with his own gigantic hand.

I'm not much of a Thing fan, but I don't think Wolverine really can beat him here.

I would agree, but...

Credit for the scans goes to jinzin.

Like I said, BC Wolverine defies logic.

Mindset
Scans like that make me dislike Wolverine.

snoopdogg

Like I said, BC Wolverine defies logic. Any incarnation of Logan defies logic imo.

geshien
Thunderclap, ftw.

Slaanesh
thing punch wolverine in the head and knock him out like hulk did..

Battlehammer
Thing wins, Logan only option would be to go for the eye's.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Any incarnation of Logan defies logic imo.
yea like colossus or blade are logical in the least.............

Battlehammer
Originally posted by geshien
Thunderclap, ftw.
would not work and has proven not to work.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Thing wins, Logan only option would be to go for the eye's.

Not the only option. He could shove his arm in Ben's mouth, with claws out.

BUSTER1
I would agree, but...

The story where bone claw Wolvie slashes up Hulk takes place when Hulk and Banner are separated (post Onslaught) and as a result, Hulk's durability is messed up.
I say Thing ftw

Accel
would not work and has proven not to work.
It's not so much proven not to work on Logan rather than its effects were just simply ignored by one writer.

A thunderclap should still affect him as much as it should for any one else.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Accel
It's not so much proven not to work on Logan rather than its effects were just simply ignored by one writer.

A thunderclap should still affect him as much as it should for any one else.
Not at all. It has been shown not to work one three occassions. His healing factor heals the damage as soon as it done making it uneffective.

nope becuases unlike most people they can't heal the damage done to there ear's as soon as it made.

X-Logan
I would agree, but...

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1449/marvelfanfarevol5tg6.jpg
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3310/marvelfanfarevol6yk8.jpg
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3348/marvelfanfarevol7fl4.jpg

Which issue those scans came from?

Accel
That still means it's taking its toll though. I mean, yeah, Wolverine can take it better than most due to his healing factor, but he can still be slowed down and his HF can still be taxed depending on how much of it he takes in.

Rhinoceros
Not at all. It has been shown not to work one three occassions. His healing factor heals the damage as soon as it done making it uneffective.

nope becuases unlike most people they can't heal the damage done to there ear's as soon as it made.

You don't really understand how a thunderclap works, do you?

Battlehammer
That still means it's taking its toll though. I mean, yeah, Wolverine can take it better than most due to his healing factor, but he can still be slowed down and his HF can still be taxed depending on how much of it he takes in.
he have to be hit numerous times before it showed any real effect. so it rather pointless in this debate, becuases thing won't be doing it and logan could easily close the gap. Not that it matters sinces wolverine can't pierce thing with bone claws.

but yes you are correct it could overtime take it toll, but it take a long while.

Battlehammer
You don't really understand how a thunderclap works, do you?
oh I understand how it works perfectly though I don't think you do.

Accel
Except thunderclaps are more than just loud noises. Each one also brings about a shockwave that can easily knock other people off of their feet.

Logan wouldn't be able to easily close any gap if he was constantly knocked backwards by that.

Kris Blaze
If the thing clapped his hand together really hard on Wolverine's head, he could probably crush his skull.

Battlehammer
Except thunderclaps are more than just loud noises. Each one also brings about a shockwave that can easily knock other people off of their feet.

Logan wouldn't be able to easily close any gap if he was constantly knocked backwards by that.
epct logan could move inbetween the claps closing the distances depending on how far he was away of courses.

though I mean it so ion character for thing to sit there repeatedly thunder claping right?

Accel
epct logan could move inbetween the claps closing the distances depending on how far he was away of courses.

I'm aware you mentioned that before, which is why I brought up that he'd be knocked back every time it happened.
though I mean it so ion character for thing to sit there repeatedly thunder claping right?
No, but then again I wouldn't consider it necessary for him to do so. The idea that he'd need to use it over and over and over again just start wearing Logan down is ludicrous in itself.

Battlehammer
I'm aware you mentioned that before, which is why I brought up that he'd be knocked back every time it happened.

No, but then again I wouldn't consider it necessary for him to do so. The idea that he'd need to use it over and over and over again just start wearing Logan down is ludicrous in itself.
ecpt the fact it proven not to KO wolverine. It been proven that wolverine is pritty ineffected by the attack. The attack aint puting wolverine down nor is it in character for thing to repeatedly uses it. also it range aint that great. Logan could deffiently get to thing before he could clap again. also Logan fought much faster beinging then thing using a similar attack and was victorious.

Accel
Riight...

Kris Blaze
http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/wolverinethunderclap.jpg

Battlehammer
yup and I can provide 3 scans of it having zero effect, but even still joe fixit>thing in speed and still Logan dodge the attack.

Battlehammer
Riight...
yea it is right/ thats why I said it.

Kris Blaze
yup and I can provide 3 scans of it having zero effect, but even still joe fixit>thing in speed and still Logan dodge the attack.

How's he gonna dodge the attack.

Notice the part about "almost lethal" ?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
How's he gonna dodge the attack.

Notice the part about "almost lethal" ?
that prior to his healing factor being upgraded. so do I really need to show three scans of it having zero effected? or does now one scan have presidences over three?

Kris Blaze
that prior to his healing factor being upgraded. so do I really need to show three scans of it having zero effected? or does now one scan have presidences over three?

Bring the scans.

Also, bring the scans regarding his upgraded healing factor as well. You made the claim, now back it up.

Raoul
Do you disagree? Please share your opinion on both scenarios (with Adamantium and without it) smile

i think give logan's healing factor being what it is now, someone like ben could take him down... all depends on his damage soak, and how well he reacts to being stabbed...

i could see logan taking him, as ben's skin seems weak against logan...

even split with adamantium, imo...

without? not sure...

also, guys, if you're making a claim, please back it up with at least an issue number or a scan...

Battlehammer
Bring the scans.

Also, bring the scans regarding his upgraded healing factor as well. You made the claim, now back it up.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=486007&pagenumber=1

look under thunder clap which is about the middle of the page.

I have to send you the healing factor being upgraded later im not on my computer I left it at school which I be getting thursday.

Battlehammer
also this has been done before.......

Kris Blaze
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=486007&pagenumber=1

look under thunder clap which is about the middle of the page.

I have to send you the healing factor being upgraded later im not on my computer I left it at school which I be getting thursday.

Those do not prove that he would be unaffected at all.

In one he's nearly killed, in the other he's sent back and in the first one Ben seems pretty far away. Mister Fantastic wasn't affected either.....

The last scan? looks bogus, but even if it is canon it's still 1 scan vs 2 incidents where he has been affected. Healing them doesn't mean he's unaffected by them.

Badabing
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-9.jpg

biscuits

Sin I AM
lmao

Knowsbleed33
Thing in any event. I'm sick of Marvel wankin Wolverine like he's something special.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by X-Logan
Which issue those scans came from?

Marvel Fanfare #2 .

Rhinoceros
oh I understand how it works perfectly though I don't think you do.

"no u!" A great comeback indeed! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thunderclaps make a loud noise, but that's not the only part of the attack. When a character with super strength and big hands does a thunderclap, he makes a sonic boom but also the air between his hands escapes at ridiculous speeds and rushes forward. The shockwave generated by the clap can easily throw people around.

Like here http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3904/00021515yh1.jpg
Notice how Wolverine and co. are sent flying.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Thing in any event. I'm sick of Marvel wankin Wolverine like he's something special.

He is something special except when it comes to these more stronger characters, Thing, Hulk and whatever other ones.

Rhinoceros
Who's more durable, Thing or Rogue?

srankmissingnin
Wolverine with Adamantium vs. Thing is like a game of Rock Paper Scissors, where Scissors instantly regenerates from being crushed and cuts Rock as easily as it does Paper.

With out Adamantium, Thing takes the win after lengthy battle.

Knowsbleed33
What would make the battle lengthy?

srankmissingnin
What would make the battle lengthy?

confused

Wolverine's healing factor?

Knowsbleed33
That doesn't prevent him from getting KO'd.

Harbinger
Logan gets mauled. Absolutely mauled.

srankmissingnin
That doesn't prevent him from getting KO'd.

No it sure doesn't. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
No it sure doesn't. roll eyes (sarcastic) How has Wolverine without adamantium stood up to 100+ tons of force blows?

Knowsbleed33
No it sure doesn't. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your one line responses and exasperated smiley's have cut me to the quip.

I concede.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
How has Wolverine without adamantium stood up to 100+ tons of force blows?

Bone claw Wolverine has taken blows from the Hulk.

Your one line responses and exasperated smiley's have cut me to the quip.

I concede.

A one line response to a one line statement... and you are lucky you got that considering how stupid the statement was in the first place.

Mindset
Bone claw Wolverine has taken blows from the Hulk. Of course he has taken them, but how much damage did they do?

Knowsbleed33
A one line response to a one line statement... and you are lucky you got that considering how stupid the statement was in the first place.

You're going to suggest that Wolverine with no adamantium can take a hit from a 100 tonner and not get KO'd?

Battlehammer

Battlehammer
You're going to suggest that Wolverine with no adamantium can take a hit from a 100 tonner and not get KO'd?
Yes thats what he saying. Logan done it repeatedly in the past.

Kris Blaze
Using scans of Wolverine being able to get up after being thunderclapped is just stupid. They still affect him even if he's able to survive them....

Battlehammer
Using scans of Wolverine being able to get up after being thunderclapped is just stupid. They still affect him even if he's able to survive them....
it had no lasting affect, he was complete fine. Gettijng blast back wards means nothing if he dident damage him or the damage was healed so fast it does not matter.

Not liek the wave is the dangerous part, it what it does to ones ears. which was my hole point. His ears heal the damage as soon as it done making rather ineffective against him. Thing not using it as a way to KO wolverine it just won't work, hell it won't slow him down, at best it just blast him back.

Battlehammer
also why are we tlaking about thunder claps, it be out of character for Thing to just sit there thunder clapping. I always persoanlly though thudner claps were stupid.

StiltmanFTW
Not to mention that Thing's thunderclaps suck.

Silent Guardian
Regardless, without adamantium Wolvie would lose, unless he got Thing in the eyes and blinded him. Other than that I do not see how Wolverine could hurt him with normal bones

jinzin
Using scans of Wolverine being able to get up after being thunderclapped is just stupid. They still affect him even if he's able to survive them.... I don't see how it's "stupid" when it's relative to the conversation of Thing thunderclapping Wolverine ftw. erm Then again you ARE a Kisame fan jk.
Anyways;
Sure he can do it, but it's not guaranteed to work, and considering all evidence (Wolverine standing up to thunderclaps, Banshee screams, and Syren) isn't likely to anyhow. And that's all considering he did it which isn't likely to happen either.

Look, we really don't know if Wolverine's bone claws can pierce through Thing's hyde. From the evidence he was able to do so not only against a skrull-Thing, but to characters who are either as durable or more durable than Thing anyhow. Even if one's to assume that he couldn't draw a win by stabbing or cutting through Thing's skin, he still has Thing's mouth and eyes as an in to win. Given the fact that he's been able to draw on exploiting those exact same vulnerabilities against the likes of the Hulk, Cyber, and Crusader amongst others there's really not much to dispute that he could do so with the Thing.

I'm inclined to think Thing would pull the majority in this fight, mostly because of the fact that we don't know how much damage he could/would inflict on Things skin with bone claws, but it's not unthinkable to imagine he would pull off some wins either.

Rhinoceros
I'd say that's a pretty low feat for Cyclops. He has impressed Wolverine before with his optic blasts by clearing a room full of soldiers in an instant. Wolverine even remarked something like "I hope I wasn't in the way"

Then again, Storm has dodged Cyke's blasts and she doesn't have superhuman speed/reflexes.

He's definitely not keeping up with SpeedDemon. The fight would have been over instantly if he could have kept up with Demon. He himself even states that he pretty much guesses where he's gonna attack next.

Vs Darkness? Is that canon? I don't think crossovers usually are canon.

Granted, but he expected it and knew where exactly he was going to strike.

Those are not bullets. They appear to be some kinds of darts propelled by compressed air.

Evidence that this Cyborg has above average reflexes?

Not really impressive.. Storm really wasn't that quick back then.. Especially not indoors.

Look how far away the Thing is when he does the clap, of course it doesn't affect him because he's far away. Besides Mr. Fantastic is covering his right ear when Thing claps. Btw, it doesn't look like he's really putting any effort into the clap either.

To be fair, that wasn't a combat situation. That same Hulk got Koed when he slid down a slope.

I don't think skills are going to come into the play here. Fancy martial arts really wont make a difference really. It's speed that counts, as it doesn't really matter where Wolverine hits. He needs to hit the torso or head, I don't think hitting his massive hands really would do much. (as in a single hit KO/kill)

I do agree that Wolverine takes the majority though. If he has adamantium.
---------
Wolverine's claws broke on Rogue's skin, something makes me think Thing's more durable than Rogue. Even skrull Thing (which was based on a silver age Thing, and wasn't good as the original) wasn't really damaged by bone claws.

I-Drop
Originally posted by Mindset
Scans like that make me dislike Wolverine. It's hard not to. & after seeing the hulk/wendigo thing, I think Marvel should never let kids write OR draw for them. Everything about that book is crap. BC Wolvie should be faster & heal faster than normal Wolvie. That's it. If retards are writing this, Wolvie wins

Silent Guardian
okay. I need someone to explain this to me. Without Adamantium, and just regular bones how does Wolvie, beat the Thing. Besides eye gouging how does he even hurt/scratch him. I feel like everyone is way underrating Things strength. Honestly, I think Thing has a good chance of killing him, by like ripping his head off or something.

(Alright don't go crazy, this is just my opinion, feel free to prove me wrong/argue against)

jinzin
Wolverine's claws broke on Rogue's skin, something makes me think Thing's more durable than Rogue. Even skrull Thing (which was based on a silver age Thing, and wasn't good as the original) wasn't really damaged by bone claws. Yeah I'm not so sure myself. One of Rogues gimmicks is invulnerability. And, Wolverine's bone claws were more/less durable at various points in his career. Surely Thing's hyde isn't much more durable than Wendigo's or Hulk's. If at all.... erm

jinzin
To be fair, that wasn't a combat situation. That same Hulk got Koed when he slid down a slope.

Hulk was stabbed like 20 times on the way down. erm

StiltmanFTW
^That's right. Reading an actual comic (not a digital one), we can see Logan drawing a lot of blood.

Starscream M
Yeah I'm not so sure myself. One of Rogues gimmicks is invulnerability. And, Wolverine's bone claws were more/less durable at various points in his career. Surely Thing's hyde isn't much more durable than Wendigo's or Hulk's. If at all.... erm actually things hide is much more durable than hulk's skin

hulk can be pierced by powerful bullets...thing can't

hulk's skin can be burned...thing can stand in molten lava

etc

StiltmanFTW
^But we often see fragments of rocks coming out of him when he gets hit by heavy hitters...

Starscream M
^But we often see fragments of rocks coming out of him when he gets hit by heavy hitters... nah thats just artistic flair to make the battle more interesting

you'll notice that his skin would be very chipped if he actually lost pieces during a fight since his skin takes very long to heal

StiltmanFTW
Fair enough.

jalek moye
^That's right. Reading an actual comic (not a digital one), we can see Logan drawing a lot of blood.

do digital ones not show blood or somthing?

iceman24567
Originally posted by jalek moye
do digital ones not show blood or somthing? Duh didn't you know digial ones are rated pg while real comics are rated R eek!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by jalek moye
do digital ones not show blood or somthing?

I expressed myself wrong, sorry. embarrasment Of course they do, that wasn't my point. I was thinking about a specific scan. My point is that it's quite difficult to notice drops of blood in this scan:

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4384/savagehulkagain7yz8.jpg
(credit goes to jinzin)

Either way, if you look carefully at the first panel, you can see Logan drawing blood... now count the "snikts" and it's pretty obvious that the avalanche wasn't the only thing that KO'd Hulk.

jalek moye
wow that art is ugly

StiltmanFTW
Didn't like it either.

StiltmanFTW
OK, look here:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9872/wolvhulk02pg08qf1.th.jpg

Hulk's bleeding, no doubt about it. I just wonder how the hell his blood color changes laughing I guess it depends on the writer.

DeathKap
If wolverine can get a shot through the eye with his claw than he wins, but if Thing lands a hit on him with his regular bones than hes dead.

StiltmanFTW
I beg to differ. It would take a lot more than one hit.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/683/bonehfrl4cw6.th.jpg http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4747/bonehf2xv7rp5.th.jpg

Credit goes to jinzin.

jinzin
Originally posted by Starscream M
actually things hide is much more durable than hulk's skin

hulk can be pierced by powerful bullets...thing can't

hulk's skin can be burned...thing can stand in molten lava

etc What? Old school Hulk? When's the last time Green Hulk got pierced with bullets?

Hulk's skin can be burned by what?

He's stood inside inferno's with virtually no issue.

jinzin
Originally posted by DeathKap
If wolverine can get a shot through the eye with his claw than he wins, but if Thing lands a hit on him with his regular bones than hes dead. What the f**k?

Hulk, Psycho Man, Wendigo, Chod, Kierrok, and Roughouse all failed at putting Logan down with one blow when he was Adamantiumless, perhaps you'd like to elaborate on what Thing brings to the table with his haymakers that these guys do not... no expression

Starscream M
What the f**k?

Hulk, Psycho Man, Wendigo, Chod, Kierrok, and Roughouse all failed at putting Logan down with one blow when he was Adamantiumless, perhaps you'd like to elaborate on what Thing brings to the table with his haymakers that these guys do not... no expression thing is not a jobber like those guys are wink

jinzin
Hulk's a jobber? (winning record vs. Thing)
Wendigo's a jobber? (forcing Hulk to get help every recorded fight)
Psychoman's a jobber? (Wolverine saved THING from psychoman btw)
Chod's a jobber? (beat up elite shiar guards)
Roughouse maybe.
Kierrok? The guy who was ruler over all the N'garai demons and owned every member of the X-men until he met Wolverine?

Pffft.. roll eyes (sarcastic)
EPIC FAIL.

Kris Blaze
What the f**k?

Hulk, Psycho Man, Wendigo, Chod, Kierrok, and Roughouse all failed at putting Logan down with one blow when he was Adamantiumless, perhaps you'd like to elaborate on what Thing brings to the table with his haymakers that these guys do not... no expression

From where are you getting the idea that Ch'od, Kierrok and Roughouse are comparable to Thing? Or Hulk/Wendigo?

If you've mentioned the latter two there shouldn't be any need to bring up the likes of Chod.

jinzin
Because the discussion was about one shotting Logan..... of which the strengthclasses of every character I mentioned are either comparible to or greater than Things. confused You know the issue.
If they all failed at KOing Logan in one shot what gives Thing better odds?

Oh wait! it must be that he has heart! eek!

Why you need that explained to you I have no idea.

StiltmanFTW

laughing

Kris Blaze
Because the discussion was about one shotting Logan..... of which the strengthclasses of every character I mentioned are either comparible to or greater than Things. confused You know the issue.
If they all failed at KOing Logan in one shot what gives Thing better odds?

Why you need that explained to you I have no idea.

Only Roughouse, Chod and kierrok's strength isn't comparable to the Thing.

jinzin
Based on what again?
Wolverine says he thinks Roughouse is nearly as strong as Hulk, Roughouse has the same power level in strength accredited by Marvel that Thing does.
Kierrok? Okay he's not as strong as Thing..... he's STRONGER in all likelyhood by a fair amount.
Pretty obvious when his subordinates can give Hulk a run for his money 1on1 and that Kierrok treated Colossus like a small child to boot.
As for Chod
Are you claiming a guy who two shotted Warstar ( a character that gave Collousus his hands full) isn't in the same league as Thing? erm

Ch'od is practically an amphibian version of thing with similar strength and combat levels and reflective personality traits.. confused

Battlehammer
I'd say that's a pretty low feat for Cyclops. He has impressed Wolverine before with his optic blasts by clearing a room full of soldiers in an instant. Wolverine even remarked something like "I hope I wasn't in the way"

Then again, Storm has dodged Cyke's blasts and she doesn't have superhuman speed/reflexes.

He's definitely not keeping up with SpeedDemon. The fight would have been over instantly if he could have kept up with Demon. He himself even states that he pretty much guesses where he's gonna attack next.

Vs Darkness? Is that canon? I don't think crossovers usually are canon.

Granted, but he expected it and knew where exactly he was going to strike.

Those are not bullets. They appear to be some kinds of darts propelled by compressed air.

Evidence that this Cyborg has above average reflexes?

Not really impressive.. Storm really wasn't that quick back then.. Especially not indoors.

Look how far away the Thing is when he does the clap, of course it doesn't affect him because he's far away. Besides Mr. Fantastic is covering his right ear when Thing claps. Btw, it doesn't look like he's really putting any effort into the clap either.

I don't think skills are going to come into the play here. Fancy martial arts really wont make a difference really. It's speed that counts, as it doesn't really matter where Wolverine hits. He needs to hit the torso or head, I don't think hitting his massive hands really would do much. (as in a single hit KO/kill)

I do agree that Wolverine takes the majority though. If he has adamantium.
---------
Wolverine's claws broke on Rogue's skin, something makes me think Thing's more durable than Rogue. Even skrull Thing (which was based on a silver age Thing, and wasn't good as the original) wasn't really damaged by bone claws.

.....................what was the relevences of any of your comments? I was saying they were feats that Thing could not do..........are you implying Thing could do any of the feats I mention? If not then your entire psot was pointless, which is why I not even gunan bother responding to most of it.

..........that Rogue was complete invulnerable..........you do realize rogue vulnberability at certian points has been actaully more durable then any other xmen............including colossus.........she was also being back by the power of the brood queen.

.........Skrull Thing was knocked out or even killed by wolverine.......so I ahve no idea what your talking about..........also none of my arguements ahd anything to do with bone claws wolverine...........did you even read my post?

also fancy martial art? None of the feat I provided were fancy martial arts........one was Krav Mega which is like the least fancy style there is..........all the feats of skill I provided were off effective styles with did not uses any fancy attacks..........

I mean your entire post which was in respones to mine made no sense.........and clearly showed you did not read/ comprehend my post........becuases your comments on it had nothing to do with what i was argueing..........

Battlehammer
as usual

Originally posted by Starscream M
thing is not a jobber like those guys are wink

we have masterbruce talking out his back end..........and showing his utter lack of comic kowledge.............

Hulk's a jobber? (winning record vs. Thing)
Wendigo's a jobber? (forcing Hulk to get help every recorded fight)
Psychoman's a jobber? (Wolverine saved THING from psychoman btw)
Chod's a jobber? (beat up elite shiar guards)
Roughouse maybe.
Kierrok? The guy who was ruler over all the N'garai demons and owned every member of the X-men until he met Wolverine?

Pffft.. roll eyes (sarcastic)
EPIC FAIL.

lol thank you Jinzin

Rhinoceros
Yeah I'm not so sure myself. One of Rogues gimmicks is invulnerability. And, Wolverine's bone claws were more/less durable at various points in his career. Surely Thing's hyde isn't much more durable than Wendigo's or Hulk's. If at all.... erm

That's true, the durability of his claws does change between stories.. I also think Rogue has withstood Wolverine's adamantium claws once. It was during the arc where the Weapon x guys have activated some implants and have taken control of Wolverine and made him kill some people. Wolverine's having nightmares, he wakes up and pops his claws. He then slashes at Rogue and pierces rogue shirt. I think Rogue says something like that she would have gotten damaged if it wasn't for her invulnerability. Do you remember the issue? I Think Thing's hide is harder to pierce than calm Hulks, but he definitely can't take blunt force as well as Hulk.

It doesn't seem like Hulk was hurt much, he wasn't really screaming in pain and he did crack jokes ("What's a footsie"wink

rotiart
I think thing has the durability whereas hull has the healing factor... That's why blunt damage appears to affect him less... Also the stronger hull gets the mite durable he is I think

BUSTER1
Originally posted by rotiart
I think thing has the durability whereas hull has the healing factor... That's why blunt damage appears to affect him less... Also the stronger hull gets the mite durable he is I think

the Thing is less durable than the Hulk full stop. He even commented, in one of their fight as they fell off a tall building, that the fall, which wouldn't stop the Hulk would stop the Thing. Against boneclaw Wolverine, though, Ben wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.