Superman vs Rulk Fist to Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I'm Bran
No fly, who wins?

Wei Phoenix
Superman

Enyalus
If Rulk doesn't overheat (PIS), then he wins.

Otherwise, Superman.

carver9
I agree, if rulk doesnt over heat he takes this 10/10, if he does superman takes this 10/10 due to his durability and being able to last a while.

xJLxKing
Can't Superman just use his HV and overheat his as$

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Can't Superman just use his HV and overheat his as$

What does "Fist to Fist" mean to you?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Enyalus
What does "Fist to Fist" mean to you?

OWNED!!!

Grinning Goku
Rulk, if he doesn't do that gay 'get hot' thing. He shouldn't be able to touch Superman, though.

carver9
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Rulk, if he doesn't do that gay 'get hot' thing. He shouldn't be able to touch Superman, though.

Why cant rulk touch superman when batman, solomon grundy, konvikt, darkseid, deathstroke, lex luthor (in suit), the general, despero, titus, along with a thousand others has touched him.

That is something that I'll never understand. confused

psycho gundam
superman rocks him.

rulk is clear headed, super strong, durable, and a decent tactician, but he'll most likely over heat long before he can defeat superman. then kal plays tee-ball with his chin.

imo the only hulk that can beat superman is wwh since he's apparently like rulk personality wise, just with more power and no weaknesses.

Harbinger
Clark.

ultimatethor
I dont think rulk is anywhere near WWH level so i doubt he is stronger than clark.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by carver9
Why cant rulk touch superman when batman, solomon grundy, konvikt, darkseid, deathstroke, lex luthor (in suit), the general, despero, titus, along with a thousand others has touched him.

That is something that I'll never understand. confused

Well, can't have a comic where Clark tears through Batman or Lex, can you?

I'm Bran
People forget that Rulk was fighting for multiple issues straight before he overheated...

carver9
Well, can't have a comic where Clark tears through Batman or Lex, can you?

They do it for flash, the only time flash get touched is by a plot device or someone out thinking him. They also do it for quicksilver, speed demon, impulse, etc... unless you can show me a scan of someone going fist to fist with the above characters that I named. So again why cant they do this for superman. confused

I'm going to say it like this, wolverine is one of the best fighters in marvel u, does he show it while battling, if your answer is no I want you to think about why he dont show it.

carver9
Originally posted by ultimatethor
I dont think rulk is anywhere near WWH level so i doubt he is stronger than clark.

I somewhat agree with this statement. I think that wwh IS stronger then rulk by a large majority and I also think that wwh is stronger then superman by huge margin also. When it comes to strength hulk is on a totally different level, example, wwh>war hulk, war hulk one handed a pyramid with ease but superman strained to pick one up.

leonidas
supes HAS shown the ability to be almost unhittable at times. i remember mongul's son (a great h2h combatant and warrior) was embarrassed--badly. there are many other examples. why isn't he always that way?

cuz . . . it would be boring? it's a comic? confused

anyway, in a non-pis/cis battle rulk would never touch him. if he COULD touch him he'd get some licks in but supes takes him in the end.

guy222
Rulk

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas
supes HAS shown the ability to be almost unhittable at times. i remember mongul's son (a great h2h combatant and warrior) was embarrassed--badly. there are many other examples. why isn't he always that way?

cuz . . . it would be boring? it's a comic? confused

anyway, in a non-pis/cis battle rulk would never touch him. if he COULD touch him he'd get some licks in but supes takes him in the end.

I'm not saying that superman dont have speed but he should be able to get hit alot. If youre using things like that then you can say that hulk wont be able to land a lick on wolverine due to wolverine moving, dodging at super speed, creating after images, etc.... The reason I know hulk can hit wolverine is due to wolverine being hit by characters of hulks caliber.

TheBadguy
Rulk for 6 or 7.

and I want to see this Superman being 'unhittable' by someone with speed.

Allankles
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Rulk for 6 or 7.

and I want to see this Superman being 'unhittable' by someone with speed.

He's blitzed Wonder Woman in one arc and she was using a magic sword too, dodged every swing before casually back handing her.

They do it for flash, the only time flash get touched is by a plot device or someone out thinking him. They also do it for quicksilver, speed demon, impulse, etc... unless you can show me a scan of someone going fist to fist with the above characters that I named. So again why cant they do this for superman. confused

And the reason why Flash, Impulse and Quicksilver don't get hit in fist to fist is because they don't have Clark's durability so authors just can't write them brawling.

And speed is just about their only power so how could you write their fights without them using speed?

In the recent New Krypton arc a couple of kryptonians were getting killed by golden kryptonite and the authors never showed them reacting or moving at super speed, so when it comes to Supes the authors have the leeway to be inconsistent because of durability.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
He's blitzed Wonder Woman in one arc and she was using a magic sword too, dodged every swing before casually back handing her.

He didn't blitz her. It wasn't a magic sword. And I don't think he was dodging it, I think he was blocking it.

carver9

And the reason why Flash, Impulse and Quicksilver don't get hit in fist to fist is because they don't have Clark's durability so authors just can't write them brawling.

And speed is just about their only power so how could you write their fights without them using speed?

In the recent New Krypton arc a couple of kryptonians were getting killed by golden kryptonite and the authors never showed them reacting or moving at super speed, so when it comes to Supes the authors have the leeway to be inconsistent because of durability.

Good post or superman could just be use to his other powers which gave him a handicap in being able to use his ability like, lets say, quicksilver. I understand that they're not as durable as superman but hey still dont fight people in supermans caliber so they can take a punch from the people that they do fight or they could easily just role with the punch since they have the speed to do this.

I agree, superman does have some amazing speed but he dont use it like you all hope that he does which involves him running circles around bricks because if thats the case the same rule applies to wolverine and spiderman. Both have created after images, both has hung with speedsters, both has moved there hands at amazing speed knocking bullets out of the way creating mutiples of hand images. You cant apply one thing to one character and not give it to others. Lets not forget that captain america can see bullets in slow motion so I guess that mean that hulk would be a statue to him also.

The Pict
Superman

Allankles
He didn't blitz her. It wasn't a magic sword. And I don't think he was dodging it, I think he was blocking it.

Actually he dodges a series of swings before breaking the sword.

EDIT: Actually might be right about him blocking the swings but it does classify as Superman using speed against another speedy character.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/1894/supermanvswwry2.jpg

Mindset
Actually he dodges a series of swings before breaking the sword.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/1894/supermanvswwry2.jpg Looks like he's blocking it.

Allankles

I agree, superman does have some amazing speed but he dont use it like you all hope that he does which involves him running circles around bricks because if thats the case the same rule applies to wolverine and spiderman. Both have created after images, both has hung with speedsters, both has moved there hands at amazing speed knocking bullets out of the way creating mutiples of hand images. You cant apply one thing to one character and not give it to others. Lets not forget that captain america can see bullets in slow motion so I guess that mean that hulk would be a statue to him also.

He actually has run circles around his opponents. Once he outsped DS's disintergration beams, another time the Elites using his speed to create air vaccums that suffocated one of the Elites (Hat).

Enyalus
EDIT: Actually might be right about him blocking the swings but it does classify as Superman using speed against another speedy character.

For sure.

The Great Galen
Well physically there both fairly even, but what really seals it is supes superior speed advantage. He would literally run circles agaisnt rulk and if he fights smart I dont envision rulk landing a single blow. supes FTW.

Anti-Monitor
Clark kicks his ass.

carver9
He actually has run circles around his opponents. Once he outsped DS's disintergration beams, another time the Elites using his speed to create air vaccums that suffocated one of the Elites (Hat).

Wolverine after images:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8915/sabesab5.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8189/speedblitze2si8.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7895/x235go7.png

Wolverine keeping up with speed demon
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1830/strategyte6.jpg

Wolverine running at super speed and also slapping bullets out of the air.
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5402/kwls2pg18lowresnc4.jpg

So the question again, with all of wolverine speed feats should hulk be able to hit him and if he can please explain why since wolverine DOES possess super speed.

Kento
Could it be because Hulk has a degree of super speed himself maybe carver?

Anyway Rulk is powerful, and could likely take a lot of punishment from Superman..But he won't be able to get any stronger which is his downfall. Superman has a lot more durability than the others he fought and without the ability to overcome Superman's durability, and without the speed to hit him multiple times in a row I think he'll be the one to eventually fall.

shokosugi
Supes can take 2 Rulks

Kris Blaze
Wolverine after images:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8915/sabesab5.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8189/speedblitze2si8.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7895/x235go7.png

Wolverine keeping up with speed demon
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1830/strategyte6.jpg

Wolverine running at super speed and also slapping bullets out of the air.
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5402/kwls2pg18lowresnc4.jpg

So the question again, with all of wolverine speed feats should hulk be able to hit him and if he can please explain why since wolverine DOES possess super speed.

Let's see

- That's Sabretooth
- That's not Marvel 616
- It's x-23 attacking

- He didn't keep up with Speed Demon in the speed department, he simply took a lot of attacks and hit him once.

- He is not slapping bullets out of the air, he's being hit by them.

Knowsbleed33
Rulk punches his head off.

Anti-Monitor
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Rulk punches his head off.

Nope...

Stoic
Without a cooling unit (an adamantium vest with freon) Superman wins this pretty easily.

Stoic
Originally posted by shokosugi
Supes can take 2 Rulks

No.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by Stoic
Without a cooling unit (an adamantium vest with freon) Superman wins this pretty easily. It took him multiple issues of straight fighting and other things to finally make him overheat.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
Nope...

Yep...

jalek moye
Originally posted by I'm Bran
It took him multiple issues of straight fighting and other things to finally make him overheat.

but he was winnin the other easily so he wasnt getting mad. When he was losing he got mad and overheated fast

I'm Bran
Fudge it then, no overheating.

Enyalus
No overheating = Rulk FTW.

Stoic
No overheating? Ok let's put all of the chips on the table and be honest, Rulk probably is stronger than Superman, but Superman has enough power and speed to make Rulk feel every punch. Superman just has so much speed.

On the other hand if Superman doesn't fight him with the intention of aiming for the back of his head, Rulk is going to plant him the way Konvikt could have if he didn't stop from his initial take down of Supes.

Superman wins if he's out for blood, and goes for the 20 high impact punch routine.

Rulk wins this if Superman decides to stand there and trade blow for blow with him.

jalek moye
No overheating? Ok let's put all of the chips on the table and be honest, Rulk probably is stronger than Superman, but Superman has enough power and speed to make Rulk feel every punch. Superman just has so much speed.

On the other hand if Superman doesn't fight him with the intention of aiming for the back of his head, Rulk is going to plant him the way Konvikt could have if he didn't stop from his initial take down of Supes.

Superman wins if he's out for blood, and goes for the 20 high impact punch routine.

Rulk wins this if Superman decides to stand there and trade blow for blow with him.
what make syou think that he's sronger then supes. all the chars he beat are weaker then supes

Anti-Monitor
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Yep...

Nope...

carver9
Originally posted by jalek moye
what make syou think that he's sronger then supes. all the chars he beat are weaker then supes

Prove that superman is stronger then savage hulk, I can give you two feats of savage hulk and I want you to tell me something that superman has done that makes him stronger:

1. Hulk has punched through a time stream.
2. Hulk lifted a 150 billion ton mountain without straining.

Lets not forget that rulk physically punked this version of hulk. I honestly dont think that there are any beings out there that is as strong as the hulk but I do think that gladiator is his equal due to his strength amping abilities.

Priest
Lets not forget that Rulk was talking shots from the Mjinor without getting phased..
Thor was only able to beat him when he started using his lighting.

carver9
and mjolnir>>any amount of damage that superman could dish out.

Kris Blaze
Prove that superman is stronger then savage hulk, I can give you two feats of savage hulk and I want you to tell me something that superman has done that makes him stronger:

1. Hulk has punched through a time stream.

Lets not forget that rulk physically punked this version of hulk. I honestly dont think that there are any beings out there that is as strong as the hulk but I do think that gladiator is his equal due to his strength amping abilities.

Without straining? he was about to die.

Doesn't matter though, Superman lifts pyramids easily.

carver9
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Without straining? he was about to die.

Doesn't matter though, Superman lifts pyramids easily.

Superman didnt lift a pyramid easily, he strained and then he had the aid of the gls to carry it.

Wei Phoenix

Without straining? It looked like he was straining and didn't Reed have to piss him off to keep his strength rising?

vlaaad12345
Mageddon,mini black hole,hes pulled a small planetoid like way back in the day,thrown giant space ships far far away to name a few.

Wei Phoenix
and mjolnir>>any amount of damage that superman could dish out.

Wouldn't say that now. An insanely sun amped Superman can dish out more damage than Mjolnir.

quanchi112
Rulk, if he doesn't do that gay 'get hot' thing. He shouldn't be able to touch Superman, though. Originally posted by carver9

That is something that I'll never understand. confused Great counter. Originally posted by ultimatethor
I dont think rulk is anywhere near WWH level so i doubt he is stronger than clark. He doesnt have to be as strong as WW Hulk to beat Superman imo.

carver9
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Without straining? It looked like he was straining and didn't Reed have to piss him off to keep his strength rising?

He lifted it before reed said anything, reed boosted his anger up so that he wouldnt fatigue.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
Clark kicks his ass. Based on what?Originally posted by shokosugi
Supes can take 2 Rulks Just like he beat up Kalibak and Mantis. laughing out loud

vlaaad12345
In a non pis fight rulk won't hit superman ever its just that simple.

Mindset
It wasn't Savage Hulk that held the mountain.

Wei Phoenix
He lifted it before reed said anything, reed boosted his anger up so that he wouldnt fatigue.

Yeah he lifted it before saying anything but it was Reeds taunts that helped keep them alive. He didn't effortlessly lift that mountain.

Superman wins.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by quanchi112
He doesnt have to be as strong as WW Hulk to beat Superman imo.

Maybe not but i dont think rulk is even close to WWH strength wise. He got beaten by savage hulk who is not close to WWH strengthwise either.

Wei Phoenix
Maybe not but i dont think rulk is even close to WWH strength wise. He got beaten by savage hulk who is not close to WWH strengthwise either.

Also got beat by She-Hulk, Valkyrie and some other chick all who are lower than Superman.

carver9
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Mageddon,mini black hole,hes pulled a small planetoid like way back in the day,thrown giant space ships far far away to name a few.

Look at the scan, you'll see human also pulling the chains. The feat is impressive but I can see martian manhunter, wonder woman, orion, etc.... doing the same thing. Hell hulk might could one hand that feat since human slaves aided superman with it.

More of a durability feat and I still wasnt impressed, he almost got killed.

Flight strength, hell rogue moved the xmansion while flying but he base strength is 50 tons. Rogue stopped a train in mid track by flying into it but again her base strength is 50 tons.

Are you referring to the space ship that he threw in space where there is zero gravity. You do know that colossus lifted a sub marine under water, do you count that as him being over his strength class. confused

carver9

But look at how he got beat by savage hulk, it wasnt like savage hulk over powered him, he lost to a weakness that he didnt even know about. Without overheating he would have whipped savage hulk ass. Jst that plane and simple even though I agree he's not close to wwh strength but superman isnt either.

carver9
In a non pis fight rulk won't hit superman ever its just that simple.

but other people in hulks caliber has tagged that ass. I agree, if it was flash then hulk might not land a lick since he is well versed at using his speed and basically without plots he never get touched in comics but superman doesnt have that same luxury.

Without rulk overheating he gets the majority.

Raoul
superman doesnt have that same luxury.

he does. superman just knows he can take a punch if he has to. flash has no such luxury.

quanchi112
Maybe not but i dont think rulk is even close to WWH strength wise. He got beaten by savage hulk who is not close to WWH strengthwise either. He also was overheating after Hulk fought him,then Thor interfered,then he overheated some more when Hulk fought him again. It wasnt just a one on one fight. They were all there for Rulk.

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset
It wasn't Savage Hulk that held the mountain.

What hulk do you think it was because it sure as hell wasnt mindless because if it was every hero and villian out there would have been dead and it wasnt professor hulk either or grey hulk

carver9
Originally posted by Raoul
he does. superman just knows he can take a punch if he has to. flash has no such luxury.

Half of the people that flash fight, he can take a punch from them and could easily role with the blow.

Raoul
Half of the people that flash fight, he can take a punch from them and could easily role with the blow.

flash doesn't fight doomsday, darkseid or brainiac.

quanchi112
flash doesn't fight doomsday, darkseid or brainiac. Not yet. shifty

vlaaad12345
Look at the scan, you'll see human also pulling the chains. The feat is impressive but I can see martian manhunter, wonder woman, orion, etc.... doing the same thing. Hell hulk might could one hand that feat since human slaves aided superman with it.

More of a durability feat and I still wasnt impressed, he almost got killed.

Flight strength, hell rogue moved the xmansion while flying but he base strength is 50 tons. Rogue stopped a train in mid track by flying into it but again her base strength is 50 tons.

Are you referring to the space ship that he threw in space where there is zero gravity. You do know that colossus lifted a sub marine under water, do you count that as him being over his strength class. confused
Not sure why you feel the need to lie so much,there were no humans inside mageddon there were humanoids constructs that were obviously superhuman and they were never ever shown pulling the chains and wheels of maggedon,superman contained the black hole just fine he was having seriously problems moving it across the solar system to get rid of it but he held it just fine understandable considering the black hole was going to consume the star system,I know you don't like superman still don't think hes ftl or that he can destroy planets but he can tough shit hulk loses superman is too fast.

carver9
flash doesn't fight doomsday, darkseid or brainiac.

Thats why I said half. Majority of flash villains has human durability, strength, and speed and darksied, doomsday, and brainiac is superman villians not flashes.

Raoul
Not yet. shifty

laughing out loud

Not sure why you feel the need to lie so much,there were no humans inside mageddon there were humanoids constructs that were obviously superhuman and they were never ever shown pulling the chains and wheels of maggedon,superman contained the black hole just fine he was having seriously problems moving it across the solar system to get rid of it but he held it just fine understandable considering the black hole was going to consume the star system,I know you don't like superman still don't think hes ftl or that he can destroy planets but he can tough shit hulk loses superman is too fast.

no offence, but you're wasting your time...

quanchi112
laughing out loud

no offence, but you're wasting your time... Didnt the flash fight Doomsday in dos and get his ass kicked?

Wei Phoenix

Exactly.

But look at how he got beat by savage hulk, it wasnt like savage hulk over powered him, he lost to a weakness that he didnt even know about. Without overheating he would have whipped savage hulk ass. Jst that plane and simple even though I agree he's not close to wwh strength but superman isnt either.

Rulk can't increase his strength, he only gets hotter. Heat won't hurt Superman, and Rulk's strength isn't high enough to even hurt him. Rulk has no experience fighting fast characters, the fastest he fought was Thor and Thor isn't as fast as Superman. Hell Rulk couldn't even adapt to Thor's suprise blitz attack.

Raoul
Thats why I said half. Majority of flash villains has human durability, strength, and speed and darksied, doomsday, and brainiac is superman villians not flashes.

that's sort of the point. superman can take a punch from almost anyone and still be fine. flash can't.

Raoul
shit, double post...

Didnt the flash fight Doomsday in dos and get his ass kicked?

not in DOS, but he did fight doomsday/brainiac and lose.

DOS was booster, blue beetle, bloodwynd, fire and ice...

carver9

This doesnt have anything to do with me liking superman or not. Gladiator has flown across the solar system at 100 times the speed of light but I also think that hulk could land a series of punches. Wonder woman has deflected bullets but I think that hulk could over whelm her also. Mimic has flown 93000 miles per second and out raced quicksilver but I also think that hulk would crush him. The people that I have named dont use there speed like the flash for example.

I know superman is powerful, hell of powerful and I get shocked by everything that he does but just because I dont think that he can beat everyone dont make me hate the character. I own every one of his movies and turned my head on superman return when lex stabbed him.

The comment on the black hole incident is that superman was getting sucked into it and he almost died. Its a great feat but again its more on his durability then anything.

The mag feat, if you put up the scan you'll see humans pulling the chains also and I would love for you to prove that it was humanoids. Again its a nice feat but not as nice as you want it to be.

vlaaad12345
This doesnt have anything to do with me liking superman or not. Gladiator has flown across the solar system at 100 times the speed of light but I also think that hulk could land a series of punches. Wonder woman has deflected bullets but I think that hulk could over whelm her also. Mimic has flown 93000 miles per second and out raced quicksilver but I also think that hulk would crush him. The people that I have named dont use there speed like the flash for example.

I know superman is powerful, hell of powerful and I get shocked by everything that he does but just because I dont think that he can beat everyone dont make me hate the character. I own every one of his movies and turned my head on superman return when lex stabbed him.

The comment on the black hole incident is that superman was getting sucked into it and he almost died. Its a great feat but again its more on his durability then anything.

The mag feat, if you put up the scan you'll see humans pulling the chains also and I would love for you to prove that it was humanoids. Again its a nice feat but not as nice as you want it to be.
I just re read the whole damn mageddon arc there are ZERO HUMANS there are humanoid looking constructs that took shots from superhumans and again THEY NEVER TOUCHED THE FREAKING CHAINS OR THE GEARS THEY WERE NEVER SHOWN DOING ANYTHING LIKE WHAT SUPERMAN WAS DOING,and no superman was not getting pulled in...jesus your lack of knowledge about a character you supposedly know about is horendous,the black hole was getting released it was going to consume the whole star system superman grabs it his hand strength is keeping it contained the end he never got sucked in he never almost died he struggled and that was a superman a lot weaker then current superman.

Wei Phoenix

Didn't he survive a double black hole easily?

Philosophía
but just because I dont think that he can beat everyone dont make me hate the character. I own every one of his movies and turned my head on superman return when lex stabbed him.

facepalm

.. and one more thing ..

facepalm

carver9
that's sort of the point. superman can take a punch from almost anyone and still be fine. flash can't.

But that argument is kind of pointless since flash can take punches from his entire rogue but still doesnt get touched.

I disagree with superman being able to take punches from anyone. Superman got one shotted by despero on there 1st encounter and during the second time they fought he still was getting mauled even though he knew in his mind that despero had enough strength to one shot him.

Konvikt one shotted him and he knew that konvikt had enough strength to knock him out again but yet konvikt was still tagging him. Superman know how strong general zod is and he should try to avoid as many punches from zod as he can but he ended up getting his jaw broke.

I agree, superman can take a punch but from some people he should try to avoid being hit at all cost, especially against someone like doomsday who hasnt shown a speed feat since his 1st appearance.

Raoul

carver9
I just re read the whole damn mageddon arc there are ZERO HUMANS there are humanoid looking constructs that took shots from superhumans and again THEY NEVER TOUCHED THE FREAKING CHAINS OR THE GEARS THEY WERE NEVER SHOWN DOING ANYTHING LIKE WHAT SUPERMAN WAS DOING,and no superman was not getting pulled in...jesus your lack of knowledge about a character you supposedly know about is horendous,the black hole was getting released it was going to consume the whole star system superman grabs it his hand strength is keeping it contained the end he never got sucked in he never almost died he struggled and that was a superman a lot weaker then current superman.

Im not going to debate about the black hole feat again because I honestly think that me and you are talking about to different times.

I want to ask this though, how can a guy that needed wonder woman and martian manhunter to aid him at moving the earth and the moon pull something that has the weight of a galaxy/solar system. How can a guy that needed the aid of the gls to move a pyramid move a galaxy/solar system. confused

carver9
you just flat out lied and twisted on panel feats to suit your argument. and when i say twisted, i mean really twisted.

you want to lowball superman? be my guest, but don't expect people to buy what you're selling.

What did I lie about?

Raoul
What did I lie about?

seriously?

Wei Phoenix
Im not going to debate about the black hole feat again because I honestly think that me and you are talking about to different times.

I want to ask this though, how can a guy that needed wonder woman and martian manhunter to aid him at moving the earth and the moon pull something that has the weight of a galaxy/solar system. How can a guy that needed the aid of the gls to move a pyramid move a galaxy/solar system. confused

Easy, its the oldest answer in the book. Because he's Superman.

carver9
seriously?

Raoul, I know I give you a hard time but I seriously want to know what I lied about.

carver9
Easy, its the oldest answer in the book. Because he's Superman.

But that doesnt make sense though. I know you can give me a better answer then that.

carver9
Didn't he survive a double black hole easily?

and what does that have to do with strength? If I had super strength but human durability can I survive a black hole?

vlaaad12345

Theres only one blackhole holding feat I know of so I doubt it..that earth moving incident was back in 98ish...superman was still rather weak around then and it takes a lot more effort to move a planet then to crack one theres also the fact that superman generally gets toned down in jla books so other people don't get outshined...superman picked up the pyramid just fine the gls just helped him move it across space again they don't like superman shining too much in a jla book,its not negating the fact that superman clearly can move a planet,clearly can crack a planet has had upgrades over the years and recently besides being knocked out was utterly fine from a supernova,current superman is a different beast then superman from 10 years ago.

Raoul
Raoul, I know I give you a hard time but I seriously want to know what I lied about.

konvict one shotting him. being knocked down is not knocked out. and why shouldn't konvict knock him down? he did the same to the rest of the league, including the flash and wonder woman...

mageddon, the black hole etc etc...

carver9
Theres only one blackhole holding feat I know of so I doubt it..that earth moving incident was back in 98ish...superman was still rather weak around then and it takes a lot more effort to move a planet then to crack one theres also the fact that superman generally gets toned down in jla books so other people don't get outshined...superman picked up the pyramid just fine the gls just helped him move it across space again they don't like superman shining too much in a jla book,its not negating the fact that superman clearly can move a planet,clearly can crack a planet has had upgrades over the years and recently besides being knocked out was utterly fine from a supernova,current superman is a different beast then superman from 10 years ago.

Got a question for you, didnt the mag feat happen in a jla book, didnt the holding a black hole feat happen in a jla book. With that said you cant discredit one and accept the other.

I agree though, superman has been upgraded along with others but you cant say someone is a planet buster or planet pusher unless they have the feats to prove it. Someone like prime has those feats to his credit but he is a much stronger version of superman.

carver9
konvict one shotting him. being knocked down is not knocked out. and why shouldn't konvict knock him down? he did the same to the rest of the league, including the flash and wonder woman...

Superman eyes was closed when konvikt punched him so its considered a knockout, no matter how fast superman recovered but I guess we see it different so I'm not going to argue about that because you could be right.

I also agree that he did do that to the rest of the league but theres no proof that konvikt is superior to hulk or even red hulk in any fashion. If anything hulk>>konvikt if we go by feats.

What did I lie about with the mag feat, one dumb pointed what I said out months ago, I just didnt see it when I read the book years ago.

Again, what did I lie about with the black hole feat. I'm not trying to make you all mad but if I make mistakes I would like for you all to correct me. I dont mind being shown my errors.

Allankles

Yeah he took the Konvikt punch and was up a panel later. Not to mention that that was the only punch Konvikt landed and that was because Supes let him land it.

So where is Carver getting the idea that Konvikt landed repeatedly? Superman man-handled him the rest of the fight.

Raoul
Superman eyes was closed when konvikt punched him so its considered a knockout

because his eyes were closed he was knocked out? seriously?

Yeah he took the Konvikt punch and was up a panel later. Not to mention that that was the only punch Konvikt landed and that was because Supes let him land it.

So where is Carver getting the idea that Konvikt landed repeatedly? Superman man-handled him the rest of the fight.

he did indeed.

carver9
because his eyes were closed he was knocked out? seriously?

he did indeed.

What is a knock out to you and yes I agree, I just reread the book and konvikt didnt land not another punch but I dont think superman LET konvikt punch him, especially since superman could have easily looked around and seen the kind of threat konvikt was since kovikt did take out the entire jla. confused

Wei Phoenix
I never heard of a 1 second KO.

Allankles
What is a knock out to you and yes I agree, I just reread the book and konvikt didnt land not another punch but I dont think superman LET konvikt punch him, especially since superman could have easily looked around and seen the kind of threat konvikt was since kovikt did take out the entire jla. confused

Superman let him hit him. He told Konvikt to throw his best shot, that he wanted to know how powerful he was.

quanchi112

mageddon, the black hole etc etc... Superman still needed help to recover and it was a team victory.

Raoul
Superman still needed help to recover and it was a team victory.

help to recover? no. he got back up. help to beat konvict? sure. the guy was being hit with enough force to smash planets, and was still standing.

and we still don't know what would have happened had superman stayed instead of going off to see batman...

guy222
Rulk

quanchi112
help to recover? no. he got back up. help to beat konvict? sure. the guy was being hit with enough force to smash planets, and was still standing.

and we still don't know what would have happened had superman stayed instead of going off to see batman... My point is he needed help to defeat Konvikt.

Badabing
Carver, it hasn't gone unnoticed that you either low ball feats or don't factor in context.

Superman gave Konvikt the shot. Had he been there to fight right away and not talk it would have been different. Superman and the JLA were worried about people getting hurt and moving the fight away from the city. Superman had Konvikt when Batman called him away. Wonderwoman was holding her own with Konvikt.

I've also seen this sort of thing with other people regarding Superman and Atlas. Read the entire arc and the follow up comics where it's stated that there was an outside source attacking Superman's powers and that Atlas was receiving an amp.

This sort of "debating" will stop one way or another. The reports, PMs and complaints I get for people missing the context, misunderstanding the situation or just low balling is getting ridiculous considering we're debating comics. Looking at scans does nothing without reading the comic.

It's pathetic to read through this forum and see people are actually biased for one company over another. DC and Marvel fanboys ruin the forum for everybody else.

Rhinoceros

You are clueless, so if you blink in a fight you're KOed? Ask your mother to hit you in the face/stomach, let's see if you shut your eyes for a second there. It's a reflex caused usually by pain, you know. wink

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Badabing
Carver, it hasn't gone unnoticed that you either low ball feats or don't factor in context.

Superman gave Konvikt the shot. Had he been there to fight right away and not talk it would have been different. Superman and the JLA were worried about people getting hurt and moving the fight away from the city. Superman had Konvikt when Batman called him away. Wonderwoman was holding her own with Konvikt.

I've also seen this sort of thing with other people regarding Superman and Atlas. Read the entire arc and the follow up comics where it's stated that there was an outside source attacking Superman's powers and that Atlas was receiving an amp.

This sort of "debating" will stop one way or another. The reports, PMs and complaints I get for people missing the context, misunderstanding the situation or just low balling is getting ridiculous considering we're debating comics. Looking at scans does nothing without reading the comic.

It's pathetic to read through this forum and see people are actually biased for one company over another. DC and Marvel fanboys ruin the forum for everybody else.

I agree, you between caver/quan/ultimatethor and eny I just dont know what the point is in debating here....to many bias oppinions with little to no suppor backing them up.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by The Great Galen
I agree, you between caver/quan/ultimatethor and eny I just dont know what the point is in debating here....to many bias oppinions with little to no suppor backing them up. Well that's... ironic.

lulz

Nihilist
Well that's... ironic.

lulz thumb up

The Great Galen
Why is that, I dont go around cussing BS like the shithead above me does or the guys I mentioned.

ultimatethor
I agree, you between caver/quan/ultimatethor and eny I just dont know what the point is in debating here....to many bias oppinions with little to no suppor backing them up.

lulz.
laughing out loud

and also reported for baiting.

I'm Bran
Why is that, I dont go around cussing BS like the shithead above me does or the guys I mentioned. Because you do... slash, are doing right now...

Anyway, enough of this off-topicness.

The main problem I see here, is Rulk's big damage soak. The guy seemed like a sponge in his earlier appearances. Plus, he apparently has super speed as well...

ultimatethor
Why is that, I dont go around cussing BS like the shithead above me does or the guys I mentioned.

lulz again

laughing out loud

and reported again. keep going with a bit of luck u will get urself banned again

Nihilist
Why is that, I dont go around cussing BS like the shithead above me does or the guys I mentioned. no bs from me i just agreed with someone's sound opinion.
you love to accuse people and name drop all the time about how people are basied fanboys because they dont agree with your views,i mean it could be just as easy for soemone to call you a baiting bias hater

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Nihilist
no bs from me i just agreed with someone's sound opinion.
you love to accuse people and name drop all the time about how people are basied fanboys because they dont agree with your views,i mean it could be just as easy for soemone to call you a baiting bias hater

I support my claims don't derail with off-topic nonsense which has forced me to once again report u, ultimate and now brian. The onyl reason u don't agree with my opinion is because u don't read comics base everything off the respect threads and scans other people have posted smile .

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Nihilist
no bs from me i just agreed with someone's sound opinion.

lulz at him calling me biased when i even claimed superman would win this fight. However, ive learned that its best not to take him seriously. He is alwas trying to derail threads.

Anti-Monitor
However, ive learned that its best not to take him seriously. He is alwas trying to derail threads.

thumb up Just put him on ignore, its better that way.

Kris Blaze

*ermm laughing sideways*

Nihilist
I support my claims don't derail with off-topic nonsense which has forced me to once again report u, ultimate and now brian. The onyl reason u don't agree with my opinion is because u don't read comics base everything off the respect threads and scans other people have posted smile . facepalmJUST.........facepalm

I'm Bran
Sweet.

Hopefully the next page stops with the derailing.

Wei Phoenix
Sweet.

Hopefully the next page stops with the derailing.

So does anyone know what Rulk's base strength is?

ultimatethor
So does anyone know what Rulk's base strength is?

Well we shoudnt really call it base strength should we? Cuz Rulks strength doesnt even increase with anger or anything like that.

I'm Bran
So does anyone know what Rulk's base strength is? He seemed a lot stronger than Savage Hulk

Wei Phoenix
Well we shoudnt really call it base strength should we? Cuz Rulks strength doesnt even increase with anger or anything like that.

Yeah I'm retarded. I even stated myself that he doesn't increase in strength. So uh...yeah what's his level of strength?

ultimatethor
Yeah I'm retarded. I even stated myself that he doesn't increase in strength. So uh...yeah what's his level of strength?

Should be pretty high actually, he did beat wendigo, he seemed alot stronger than Savage hulk and stronger than even thor as well. Probably upper tier class 100.

TheBadguy
Yeah he definitely seemed physically stronger than Thor and Savage Hulk.

lol at page 6, I don't know if that was delusion or trolling.

iceman24567
If a bunch of housewives can whomp him so can Superman.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Yeah he definitely seemed physically stronger than Thor and Savage Hulk.

lol at page 6, I don't know if that was delusion or trolling.

Ask the **** who derailed it, anyhow Rulk would be a good fight but supes should win.

Stoic
Rulk is most certainly on Supermans level of strength, and his planet threatening punches prove just that, I am refering to the time when he hit A-Bomb and caused a 10 on some unnamed geological scale (presumably the Richter Scale).

This punch was certainly more powerful than the one generated by Konvikt, and as I mentioned in an earlier post, if Konvikt wanted to kill Superman, I was pretty convinced that he could have had he continued his assault after the initial take down.

If Superman fights Rulk the way he fought Konvikt he'd have his ass handed to him, and we would most likely have to prepare for another DOS. Rulk was characterized as a ruthless killer, with enough stamina to take Supermans heaviest punches. We all saw how Thor's first attack did nothing to Rulk... Superman would have to bring it, or die.

The Great Galen
Rulk is most certainly on Supermans level of strength, and his planet threatening punches prove just that, I am refering to the time when he hit A-Bomb and caused a 10 on some unnamed geological scale (presumably the Richter Scale).

This punch was certainly more powerful than the one generated by Konvikt, and as I mentioned in an earlier post, if Konvikt wanted to kill Superman, I was pretty convinced that he could have had he continued his assault after the initial take down.

If Superman fights Rulk the way he fought Konvikt he'd have his ass handed to him, and we would most likely have to prepare for another DOS. Rulk was characterized as a ruthless killer, with enough stamina to take Supermans heaviest punches. We all saw how Thor's first attack did nothing to Rulk... Superman would have to bring it, or die.

Rulk's punch hardly seems at the level of supes durability, although impressive it isn't anythign supes hasn't felt before.

Nihilist
If Rulk doesn't overheat (PIS), then he wins.

Otherwise, Superman.

Stoic
Rulk's punch hardly seems at the level of supes durability, although impressive it isn't anythign supes hasn't felt before.

You're right but we have also seen Superman get hurt by less as well, so a median showing would dictate that Rulk could hurt him. If Superman fought him like a dummy I can see him losing, but if he uses all of his speed to avoid being tagged (which is easy for Kal to do), Superman would wrap this up pretty fast.

Rhinoceros
Superman via BFR smile

carver9

I understand what youre say (except the atlas fight because Superman was depowered through the fight, that was plain and clear. I never commented on that fight.). I just want you to put up the scan of konvikt punching superman, its there in front of you that he was koed. I already agree that superman was giving konvikt a fight during the end so what was I low balling when again that was plain and clear and it came from supermans own mouth that he was gaining an advantage (even though he had a team backing him up.).

I just dont understand that when I say the things that I say about superman in a hulk vs wonder woman, hulk vs gladiator, hulk vs hyperion debate noone go crazy and start reporting people unless its concerning superman.

I have said that hulk would own all of the above due to his durability, rage, and strength but no one complained but when I say the same about superman I hate him. WOW.

sick

carver9

Whos stronger despero or rulk?

The Great Galen
You're right but we have also seen Superman get hurt by less as well, so a median showing would dictate that Rulk could hurt him. If Superman fought him like a dummy I can see him losing, but if he uses all of his speed to avoid being tagged (which is easy for Kal to do), Superman would wrap this up pretty fast.

I tend to think that at full capcity each character will bring there "A game"so personally im under the assumption supes could just roll with rulks punches like he has doen agaisnt other ubber beings, but that isn't to say that Rulk's punches will go completly unnoticed either. Although speed is what will decide this fight, and thusly supes takes it.

Badabing
I understand what youre say (except the atlas fight because Superman was depowered through the fight, that was plain and clear. I never commented on that fight.). I just want you to put up the scan of konvikt punching superman, its there in front of you that he was koed. I already agree that superman was giving konvikt a fight during the end so what was I low balling when again that was plain and clear and it came from supermans own mouth that he was gaining an advantage (even though he had a team backing him up.).

I just dont understand that when I say the things that I say about superman in a hulk vs wonder woman, hulk vs gladiator, hulk vs hyperion debate noone go crazy and start reporting people unless its concerning superman.

I have said that hulk would own all of the above due to his durability, rage, and strength but no one complained but when I say the same about superman I hate him. WOW.

sick Only the first part was for you since I haven't been around to harass you lately. biscuits

The rest was just stuff I wanted too address since a bunch of Superman vs threads have been in the reports.

quanchi112
Ask the **** who derailed it, anyhow Rulk would be a good fight but supes should win. Based on what?

Badabing
Based on what? Feats. You should try using that as a base for your, ahem, "debating". Thanks.

quanchi112
Feats. You should try using that as a base for your, ahem, "debating". Thanks. He does have good feats,but I think Rulk has proven he can manhandle Hulk and has a win over Thor which he won much easier than Supes did against Thor.

The Great Galen
So then blitz punch FTW....Quan you lose.

Badabing
He does have good feats,but I think Rulk has proven he can manhandle Hulk and has a win over Thor which he won much easier than Supes did against Thor. Rulk got wtfpwnd by Thor and then slapped around by Hulk. Rulk is now in the process of getting his box spanked by some ladies.

Superman's feats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rulk's feats. Now stop being a dunderhead. Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.