Watchmen: The End is Nigh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
That's right folks.

A downloadable Watchmen game will make its way to xbox live. It's a beat-em-up based where you can play as either Rorschach or Nite-Owl.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/BlueBats/Watchmen.jpg

I know it won't be as super in-depth as a stand-alone title, but it's still exciting to see the watchmen in a videogame.

jalek moye
when is gonna be released

Quincy
Its being released in March of next year, and will be released in 6 chapters. Jackie Earl Haley, and Patrick Wilson will provide motion capture as well as lend their voices to their characters respectfully.

Digi
Press release? Link to a gaming site covering the story? I'd like to find out a bit more about this before forming an opinion.

Alpha Centauri
For the love of anything that's good.

Why?

-AC

jalek moye
heres some info
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3168969

and heres some footage

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56383

Quincy
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Why?

-AC

I know man. But hey, it could be worse.

Digi

Why?

-AC

Indeed. Alan Moore's gonna cut a b*tch.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Digi
Indeed. Alan Moore's gonna cut a b*tch.

i think he gave up on it along time ago

H. S. 6

Why?

-AC

$.

Kovacs86

Why?

-AC

Seconded. I thought Snyder loved the comic. Evidently, he doesn't quite understand what it is that he loves, or else he's just a typical Hollywood whore...

WrathfulDwarf
Oh, whatever..Watchmen is a friggin comic book not a religious article. It is intended to make money.

Looking forward to the game. If it sucks...it sucks. No biggie....

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Oh, whatever..Watchmen is a friggin comic book not a religious article. It is intended to make money.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

You might just be the most unintentionally hilarious person in this world.

Alpha Centauri

Looking forward to the game. If it sucks...it sucks. No biggie....

Hence the difference between fans and not fans.

I do agree with Bardock, though.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Yep! it's intended to make money.

So what is this game? RPG? Figthing? FPS?

jalek moye
its a beat em up action game. game like ninja gaiden and games like that.

it will be relased in chapters over xbox live

the gameplay vid looked interesting

Peach
Right, I'll just state right now that I'm not going to tolerate any arguing over who's a fan, who isn't, or any of that stuff, got it?

Bardock42
Yep! it's intended to make money.

So what is this game? RPG? Figthing? FPS? I agree with that, the funny thing is that you said that it's opposed to a religious article...which is pretty funny.

Watchmen was actually not really made to make money by the artist, but I do look forward to seeing how this game plays out...not much hope for it being good though.Originally posted by Peach
Right, I'll just state right now that I'm not going to tolerate any arguing over who's a fan, who isn't, or any of that stuff, got it? Yeah, you better freaking leave that to the actual Watchmen thread mad

stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by jalek moye

Ooohhh! I like Ninja Gaiden! Now I'm more interested.

Alpha Centauri
This is the Happy Meal for Watchmen wannabes.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing people justify it to seem cool.

-AC

jalek moye
it does seem fun though

MIŠT
This is the Happy Meal for Watchmen wannabes.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing people justify it to seem cool.

-AC

Will you play it?

Darth Jello
they should have made a game more similar to the early 90's arcade beat em ups. now that would have been awesome

Alpha Centauri

Bardock42
Why on Earth would I do that?

-AC To know that the people justifying it to seem cool do it, indeed, to seem cool, rather than because it is actually a good game?

MIŠT
Why on Earth would I do that?

-AC

Might be a fun game. srug

jalek moye
Originally posted by Bardock42
To know that the people justifying it to seem cool do it, indeed, to seem cool, rather than because it is actually a good game?

he thinks anything about watchmen besides the actual comic will be crap just because he wants it to stay a comic book. he wont even watch the film or play the game but says we arnt fans because we do

Bardock42
That's actually not exactly what he says.

jalek moye
it is in the film thread

Alpha Centauri
No, it's not, really.

See, the key is; reading. It's surprising how many people on a text-based messageboard don't/can't/won't read.

My new rule is; if I have to explain a clear point more than once to anybody over 18, you are an idiot.

I think that's fair.

To know that the people justifying it to seem cool do it, indeed, to seem cool, rather than because it is actually a good game?

You and I both know the kind of person I'm talking about, and thus, you and I both know that this kind of person has already decided that they will say the movie and game are excellent, just to spite people like me.

I have no interest in a Watchmen game because it's a disgrace, in my opinion. However, I'm not saying EVERYONE is going to say they like it to be cool, I just already know who will.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf

Alpha Centauri
To point isn't about anything coming to an end.

Some of us just feel that "It's for the money." isn't a suitable reason to accept the milking of a great name.

Obviously this point is lost on you, not the end of the world. If you don't get it, you don't get it, why keep on about why you don't see a problem?

-AC

S_D_J
Dear god....

what will it be about?: beating up generic criminals, driving the Nite Owl ship to burning buildings or to chase a criminal escaping... Beating up Moloch... and the beating up protestants when the police strike happens... and that's about it... erm

.... I think I'd download the demo, though ... just to see what's up big grin

jalek moye
Originally posted by S_D_J
Dear god....

what will it be about?: beating up generic criminals, driving the Nite Owl ship to buring buildings or to chase a criminal escaping... Beating up Mordoc... and the beating up protestants when the police strike happens... and that's about it... erm

.... I think I'd download the demo, though ... just to see what's up

its only gonna be be like 10 dollars

S_D_J
its only gonna be be like 10 dollars

a demo is cheaper... like free.... but then again if I like it, I might unlock the full episode...

Kazenji

Watchmen was actually not really made to make money by the artist,

I think you mean the Writer because the artist Dave Gibbons is all for the movie.

StyleTime

Well, the formal elements of Ninja Gaiden are really more consistent with the generic conventions of action in the broad sense. A better example of an actual beat 'em up action game is Double Dragon for the original nintendo.

Is this important to know? You betcha.

Quincy
Dude what Watchmen fan hasn't wanted to throw down as Rorschach?

Neo Darkhalen
I heard this game will be released in episodic installments.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I heard this game will be released in episodic installments.
it will. they are planning for 6 episodes

Darth Jello
heh, I have the power. Minutemen online beat em up game in the style of double dragon is now playable on the watchmen movie site.

Scythe
Originally posted by Darth Jello
heh, I have the power. Minutemen online beat em up game in the style of double dragon is now playable on the watchmen movie site.

That was neat. It killed 5 mins of time.

Doctor-Alvis
I played the demo for this today. I have to say, I enjoyed the crap out of playing as Rorschach with his clumsy, improvised moves. Sad news though is it really took the wind out of Nite Owl's sails because I played him second and he had a more standard technique to his fighting.

TricksterPriest
http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2009/03/06

However bad the game is, it can't be worse than this.............Even as a parody, this is painful........over

jinXed by JaNx
I bet Alan Moore would appreciate that cartoon.

I know id watch it

jalek moye
i like it like a modern day streets of rage. I hope the next episode adds something deeper though.

jinXed by JaNx
The graphics are stellar for an Xbox live arcade game and the character animations actually move with a sense of realism but this game is by no means worth $20.

This game does more things wrong than it does right. For $20 i should atleast have the ability to run and jump. This may sound like a trivial complaint but as you play the game you are constantly wishing for a run and jump button. Perhaps the most debilitating aspect of this game is the darkness. this game is DARK. The darkness may work well with the art design but because you spend the entire game doing nothing but fighting endless hordes of enemies you end up blindly mashing buttons because you can't see who you're attacking or who is attacking you. You see only a mash of enemies on you This may not have been much of a problem but the combo sets require you to chain together attacks in precisely timed button presses. Because it is so dark you will rarely be able to see if your enemy is blocking your attack so you will quickly abandon relying on the combos and soon employ the tactic of mashing the counter attack function while throwing in a few punches and kicks. This is a shame because the attacks are visceral and satisfying when you are able to pull off a string of combos and counters on several enemies.

I may sound harsh on my review but for 1600 microsoft points, people should be critical on their reviews of this game. The game offers some enjoyment but the enjoyment quickly fizzles out within ten to twenty minutes. The game can be beaten in just over an hour and with no unlockables or online co-op there is no replay value what so ever. This game is not worth buying, play the demo and get your fill. The demo may tease you into investing $20 but don't be fooled because the game doesnt get any more deep or satisfying. With the addition of a jump and run button, Online co-op and a few lighting issues this really could have been a great little game.

Scythe
Can anyone post like a youtube vid of this game in action, please?

Impediment
I downloaded the demo on PSN, and it was, without a doubt, one of the stupidest games I've ever played. 20 minutes of repetitive button mashing with a horrible camera and running from point A to B. Repeat.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Impediment
I downloaded the demo on PSN, and it was, without a doubt, one of the stupidest games I've ever played. 20 minutes of repetitive button mashing with a horrible camera and running from point A to B. Repeat.
eh I liked it all right. With Rorschach anyway. Nite owl sucked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.