A Chinese guy's top 10 American movie list

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

frankie fu
hey i am a chinese guy and i love to watch movies, esp. american movies;

here is my top 10 list:

the legend of fall;
once upon america;
thelma&louise;
house of sand and fog;
Patton;
Golden pond;
the god father 1, 2, 3
the company;
dances with wolves;
the day after tommorrow;

i have seen maybe 150-200 moives, and this list was picked up from all the movies i have seen, i have watched these listed for a long time and now i can still remember them;

any comments on my list?

Rogue Jedi
It blows.

frankie fu
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
It blows.

embarrasment

deathbycorn
Not much in there that I like, but good on you for liking American films.

Do you also like Chinese films? Which ones do you like?

Do you like Horror?

Bardock42
Originally posted by frankie fu

any comments on my list?

It's a Top 12 list.

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh

Anti-Monitor
shit

Anti-Monitor
And Bada is from Africa.

Quincy
See better movies?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quincy
See better movies?

MildPossession
Only seen 150-200 films in your life?

thelma and louise
the god father 1, 2
dances with wolves

Those are the only three I really like in your list, good choices.

deathbycorn
I love it how this Rogue Jedi carries on like he is a mad **** but really he likes shit movies too, because his avatar is Hot Fuzz. Seriously, have a think before you talk again.

MildPossession
Hot Fuzz isn't a shit film, it's bloody brilliant!

Bardock42
Yeah, Hot Fuzz is pretty damn hilarious.

jaden101
Originally posted by deathbycorn
I love it how this Rogue Jedi carries on like he is a mad **** but really he likes shit movies too, because his avatar is Hot Fuzz. Seriously, have a think before you talk again.

i was gonna attack you for your dvd collection link but you have blood in, blood out....so i cant laughing

i haven't seen that film in years...vatos locos ese.

frankie fu
Not much in there that I like, but good on you for liking American films.

Do you also like Chinese films? Which ones do you like?

Do you like Horror?

quite honestly, most of the chinese movies are lack of imagination, it is partly because there are too many restrictions from the gov. when the movies are lack of imagination, it's boring.

but some Chinese films are funny, i like The Crazy Stones and the other one Togather (he ni zai yi qi) but i guess there is no english version,

and the HongKong movies are much better, there's a long list i like, esp. the movie of Stephen Chow;

i hate Horror movies, coz i live alone, it would scare me

frankie fu
Originally posted by MildPossession
Only seen 150-200 films in your life?

thelma and louise
the god father 1, 2
dances with wolves

Those are the only three I really like in your list, good choices.

i think for american movies, maybe around 200, and i have also seen a lot of chinese, Korean, Janpanese, and Hongkong movies;

don't understand why no body here say they like the other two, Patton and The legend of fall, i really love these two.

Dr Will Hatch
I like some of the films on your list. Patton is one of my favorite movies too. What are some good Chinese films besides Hong Kong films and Raise the red lantern?

frankie fu
Originally posted by Bardock42
It's a Top 12 list.

haha, since i reckon God father 1,2,3 are actually one long movie.

Rogue Jedi
I love it how this Rogue Jedi carries on like he is a mad **** but really he likes shit movies too, because his avatar is Hot Fuzz. Seriously, have a think before you talk again. I never said thr films I like are the best in American cinema, they are what I like, that's all. "I dont know art, but I know what I like."....

Here's a quick top 10 for you, off the top of my head....

1. Scarface: I like
2. No Country for old men: I like
3. Forrest Gump: Was OK
4. Pulp Fiction: I like
5. Gladiator: Loved it
6. Raging Bull: EPIC
7. Jaws: Loved it
8. Taxi Driver: Very weird
9. Platoon: Best war movie EVER
10. Fargo: Kooky but good

Maybe YOU should think before you talk.....Just saying. And Hot Fuzz is a great flick, as others here agree.

Impediment

How about you calm down and quit talking shit about other members? Sound reasonable? Okay. Good.

I'm done with other people talking bad about one another in here. This goes for everyone. Next time is a warning.

Rogue Jedi
Well I just returned the favor, so I'll heed that warning too.

Impediment
Please do, sir. I appreciate it.

Dr Will Hatch
No flame wars? Aww. sad

Rogue Jedi
And I'd appreciate if you stop by and pick up your wife.

ninja Dude you know I am kidding.

No really, she aint here...........

Stop pointing that gun at me.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment

I'm done with other people talking bad about one another in here. This goes for everyone. Next time is a warning.

"Boozing, bitching and butt****ing."

deathbycorn
Seriously Impediment, whats the point in Rogue Jedi saying the guys list blows and see better movies. Everyone can watch and like what like want. Its a free world.

Rogue Jedi
Seriously Impediment, whats the point in Rogue Jedi saying the guys list blows and see better movies. Everyone can watch and like what like want. Its a free world. Exactly, it's a free world and to each their own. He can like what he likes, and I can like what I like and you can like what you like. And I can say your movie likes are shit, and you mine, and he your's, and he mine, etc;

No need to tell me to "Stop and think." I DID stop and think, then I posted what I posted.

frankie fu
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
I like some of the films on your list. Patton is one of my favorite movies too. What are some good Chinese films besides Hong Kong films and Raise the red lantern?

many of Chinese don't like Raise the red lantern....

and don't know if you like Kong-fu movies, Swordmen type,

the Hero,
Battle of Wits,
House of Flying Daggers;

but i heard some foreingers say wirefools to such kind of movies, the ators were hang on the wire and swing their swords....

most of the chinese movies can't make people think deep, well, the gov. does not like the people have their own independent thinking....

Rogue Jedi

the Hero,
Battle of Wits,
House of Flying Daggers;

but i heard some foreingers say wirefools to such kind of movies, the ators were hang on the wire and swing their swords....

most of the chinese movies can't make people think deep, well, the gov. does not like the people have their own independent thinking.... House of Flying Daggers PWNS.

Impediment
Stop. It. Now.

I probably ought to close this thread to avoid any potential shit.

Impediment
Originally posted by Robtard
"Boozing, bitching and butt****ing."

The first and the latter are quite okay, sir.

Dr Will Hatch

the Hero,
Battle of Wits,
House of Flying Daggers;

most of the chinese movies can't make people think deep, well, the gov. does not like the people have their own independent thinking.... I like a lot of kung fu and Samurai films. I know he wasn't Chinese, but there was afilm based on Mas Oyamas life that I remember seeing and really liking.

I agree with you about Chinese cinema in general, although there is a lot I like, like "The World" which was in 2005 I think.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Exactly, it's a free world and to each their own. He can like what he likes, and I can like what I like and you can like what you like. And I can say your movie likes are shit, and you mine, and he your's, and he mine, etc;

No need to tell me to "Stop and think." I DID stop and think, then I posted what I posted.

That's a circular argument, friend. But really, you did start the shit flinging by telling the Oriental fellow his list blows (which it does, imo).

frankie fu
Originally posted by Impediment
Stop. It. Now.

I probably ought to close this thread to avoid any potential shit.

close this thread? you won't close my first thread on this forum, will you?

poor me sad

Impediment
Dude, **** this. Thread closed. I want to avoid the storm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.