The Conduit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd51/MauriLink/the_conduit_interview_011.jpg

Rejoice Wii-fans!

From wikipedia:

The Conduit is a futuristic first-person shooter game under development by High Voltage Software for the Wii console. The Conduit was first revealed by IGN on April 17, 2008, and on October 29, 2008 the developer announced that Sega had signed on to be the game's official publisher. The developer has confirmed that the game is set to be released in North America sometime in March 2009.

Development of The Conduit began in October 2007. The game makes use of the Quantum3 engine, a game engine designed by High Voltage Software specifically for the Wii. The engine allows effects such as bump mapping, reflection and refraction, and gloss and detail mapping to be implemented in the game. High Voltage Software created the engine to make The Conduit a comparable experience visually to games on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 despite the Wii's hardware limitations.

The storyline focuses on an alien invasion of Washington, D.C. in the near future. The alien race uses the eponymous Conduits, which are portal-like devices, to deploy their forces throughout the city. An organization called the Trust sends Mr. Ford, a newly inducted agent, into the area to discover the reasons for the attack. The online multiplayer feature of the game includes several game modes such as Deathmatch and will have voice chat capability through the Wii Speak peripheral.

---------------------------------------------------------

So It sounds like we'll have a definitive wii-online shooter, with great graphics!

Ushgarak
I'm afraid if you have only just heard of this you are a fair way behind the times... and lordy, something better than a wiki reference is always nice.

occultdestroyer
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/2/24/Orly_verbose.jpg

Quincy
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I'm afraid if you have only just heard of this you are a fair way behind the times... and lordy, something betetr than a wiki reference is always nice.

Wikipedia is just fine for a basic overview.

Anyways, since everyone apparentely already knows all about this game, what's everyone think of that "All-seeing-Eye" thing?

And Occult, I think the graphics do look pretty nice and polished, but trying to push the graphic qualities of the wii to look like the 360 is a pretty heavy statement for these guys to make.

Ushgarak
No, Wiki is not a good source, to wit that nonsense claim about comparing visually with the 360. The developers have said it will look good on the Wii but no-one has claimed that far. There is no need to use Wiki when there is a whole host of offical previews from gaming sites out there.

Quincy
No, Wikipedia is solid.

Well if it wasn't explicitly stated that that's what the developers goal was, it's easy to tell that's what they are really hoping to pull off. I mean, that's alot of people's problem with the wii: the graphics are "sub-par" and there are no really fun online titles comparable to the xboxlive experience.

And I really hope they succeed with that goal. I own a wii, and would like to have a solid game like that.

Ushgarak
You are factually wrong to say wikipedia is solid, that's just how it is. Please use proper sources when reporting news in future.

And no, it is not what they are trying to pull off at all, because it;s not possible. It AS possible to pudh the limits on the Wii hardware, which is what they are trying, but that is a whole different thing.

Quincy
Bro you really hate wikipedia. That's cool man. It's solid though. You should use it more.

That doesn't make sense man. They want to push the limitations of the wii, creating a game with better quality graphics, and more polished gameplay. Hopefully, their use of the Quantum3 engine will make their game look as better than most people think the wii is capable of, and possibly even draw similarities to the graphics of some 360 titles.

General Kaliero
Anyone can edit a wiki article. The site operates on the assumption that only those knowledgeable on a subject will contribute, and that they will only contribute in a positive fashion.

However, the fact that this is not so is well-known. Many colleges will automatically fail a paper if Wikipedia is used as the source. It's unreliable and unprofessional.

On the other front here, pushing the limitations of the Wii is a good thing. And no one is denying that that is what they're doing. However, not even the developers have claimed that they're trying to match the 360 and PS3 visually, because it's impossible. Normal mapping and special lighting techniques can do amazing things with a low level of polys, but the simple fact is the Wii does not have the processing power to match the other two consoles visually.

The Conduit will look great. It will not look like a modern 360 game.

Peach
Wiki is not a reliable nor official source and we close threads here that use it as their only news source.

http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14248157.html
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/theconduit/index.html?tag=result;title;0

Looks pretty cool, doesn't appear to really be my thing though.

(and also, it's waaaaay old news)

Quincy
Originally posted by Peach
Wiki is not a reliable nor official source and we close threads here that use it as their only news source.

You should add that to the rule thread to eliminate any further confusion in the future.

I'll re-iterate this again: Wikipedia is Solid.
Originally posted by Peach
(and also, it's waaaaay old news)

Well there's no thread for it so....

Game play looks pretty interesting at least.

C5EhfHNPA8g

Peach
Wikipedia is not ever considered a reliable source, end of. And actually, there is a thread for it already!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=493152&highlight=title%3Aconduit+forumid%3A66

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.