Coolest city in lotr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lethal Rogue
Which city do you think is the coolest in lord of the rings?

Final Blaxican
Minas Tirith for sure, imo.

percept
I voted for Minas Tirith .The Lord of the Rings book describes the city of Minas Tirith is being built as seven levels. It is located on the mountainous region with open grassland. I am sure that Minas Tirith is the coolest city for Lord of the Rings.

Lethal Rogue
I love Minis Tirith, it is awesome. But I also like Rivendell and Helms Deep.

coolmovies
Minas Tirith the city of kings as said by gandlf i love it

SpaceMonkey
I voted for Edoras, I like the entire Rohan culture. However, is Helm's Deep considered a city?

vanice
Caras Galadhon in Lothlorien or possibly Lake-Town

Heretic Smellin
I don't think Helms Deep, Rivendell and Isengard can really be called cities.

bogen
I don't think helms deep or Isengard qualify.

Both are bastions of strength to the people who built them although nether posess the capacity to carry large amount of people for extended periods.

Also, i voted Minas Tirith

Originally posted by Heretic Smellin
I don't think Helms Deep, Rivendell and Isengard can really be called cities.

You would say Rivendell, it was built for the purpose of a city.
The movie depicts a fairly empty place.

Lethal Rogue
wut wuld u call them then?

nimbus006
My favorite location from the list above has to be Rivendell.

However, they are all awesome as described by Tolkien and realized by Peter Jackson.

lebowski32
Gotta go with Minas Tirith as well. Imagine the glory of the place when it was still a "living, breathing city"

Disturbed Angel
Hmmm, Lothlorien doesn't count, does it...? mhmm Rivendell then. mmm

Dagarkin
Minis Tirith had that awesome ass design to it. I really liked the white tree being in the center.

siriuswriter
Edoras. All the cities sort of explore a different kind of time period or culture. I see Rohan as a sort of very honorable, self-dependent place. I love the colors fo Rohan - rust red, golden yellow, forest green. A place where a woman like Eowyn can rule, a calm, you reap what you sow place.

I dunno, it's my favorite kind of terrain next to the terrain of lothlorien, but that's not listed. Warm foresty. You can just picture bonfires and elders telling stories -- it reminds me of a place in celtic or gaelic myth - thor, freyrs, frei...

Incanus
I voted other........ Fornost and Carn Dum are best cant decide which one.

Lord Lucien
Gondolin. Enclosed by mountains, protected by the head god's giant eagles, seven gates lining the secret entrance in to the valley, strolling fields going for miles ending in forests with a pearl white city of towers topped with gold and silver sitting a crest an insurmountable mesa? Beauty, elegance, protection, and power. F*ckin-A.

Type in Gondolin in Wikipedia, and a picture of that^ comes up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.