Whoah! Alternate endings!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
So last night my friend (whom owns a PS3) invited me to see Conquest of the Planet of the Apes on Blu-ray. I seen this film numerous times...but this time it was different. I got to see the infamous "Dark" ending which I won't give away details.... you must see it for yourself.

I was quite shocked to see that ending. All my life I've seen the ending of the apes conquering humans and living as equals. This one was waaaay different.

Anywhoo....This isn't the first time I been affected by an Alternate ending. Case in point the film Il Grand Silencio (The Great Silence) have always had a very dark ending...but there is an alternative ending in which the good guys win...so I was like WTF?

Well, the point of this thread is about alternate endings that you think are quite better than the original you've seen before. So give us some of your reactions.

Robtard
If anyone wants to save time and not get this on bluray, you can read-up on the alt (original, really) ending here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conquest_of_the_Planet_of_the_Apes

-

I liked the alt ending of First Blood better, the one where he shoots himself.

Dr Will Hatch
The Richard Donner ending to Superman II was awful. It's like all his problems are solved by simply turning back time.

ragesRemorse
yeah, you could have just watched the alternate ending on the internet.

The only recent movies that i can remember where the alternate endings fit better with the movies were, Dreamcatcher and 16 blocks. I remember when se7en first came out on special edition dvd. I bought that damn thing just for the alternate ending and the alternate ending was EXACTLY the same, unless you wanted to watch the story board alt but that is just gay. Atleast with the punisher, they animated the alternate opening, which helped that movie a great deal. I can't rightly think of any other movie's where the alternate endings stand out. I'd say, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven and Aliens have the best directors cuts though...,if that counts erm

Selphie
I found the alternative ending to Clerks, extremely depressing.

I'm really glad they kept the one in the final production.

That's one example for now.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
yeah, you could have just watched the alternate ending on the internet.

The only recent movies that i can remember where the alternate endings fit better with the movies were, Dreamcatcher and 16 blocks. I remember when se7en first came out on special edition dvd. I bought that damn thing just for the alternate ending and the alternate ending was EXACTLY the same, unless you wanted to watch the story board alt but that is just gay. Atleast with the punisher, they animated the alternate opening, which helped that movie a great deal. I can't rightly think of any other movie's where the alternate endings stand out. I'd say, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven and Aliens have the best directors cuts though...,if that counts erm I forgot Kingdom of Heaven. The Directors cut is far and away amazing.

Impediment
I much prefer the alternate ending of Natural Born Killers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.