Gladiator/w the Shi'ar empire on the line vs Superman/w Earth on the line

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
All or nothing. Nothing more dear to them then their homes.

Juntai
Superman.

Lord Feron
Glads
eek!

I-Drop
Does Glads go into this thinking he's gonna beat the shit outta Supes?

golem370
They are both going into it thinking nothing going to stop them from winning.

Galan007
Superman.

Enyalus
Gladiator.

Nihilist
superman

Harbinger
Kallark dies.

Lord Feron
NEVAR!! Glads Snap's supes neck like a twig!

Eel O'Brien
Supes

HueyFreeman
glad will give supes a run for his money but it wouldn't last.

complexbrother
Gladiator has all of the Shi'ar Empire behind him ??? He wins. too much on his side.

Juntai
Originally posted by complexbrother
Gladiator has all of the Shi'ar Empire behind him ??? He wins. too much on his side. No, it's 1 on 1 for the fate of their homes. Try again.

Galan007
Originally posted by complexbrother
Gladiator has all of the Shi'ar Empire behind him ??? He wins. too much on his side. g_serious

Juntai
That face cracks me up.

guy222
supes

I-Drop
Originally posted by golem370
They are both going into it thinking nothing going to stop them from winning. Then Gladiator kills him and burns his body.

shokosugi
let me see... a Superman-ripoff versus Superman....i'd go with Superman.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by shokosugi

Even if the rip-off has on panel faster flight and h2h speed? greater application of strength? Does not need the sun? Can amp himself simply by believing?

Lastly why does it matter that Glads has similar powers to Supes? ..i'll give you a hint: It doesn't wink

quanchi112
Superman wins.

xJLxKing
Superman, definately. Didn't anyone see how mad he was when Lois' live was on the line. Didn't anyone see how mad he got at DS, or even Imperiax?

iceman24567
Superman wins

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman, definately. Didn't anyone see how mad he was when Lois' live was on the line. Didn't anyone see how mad he got at DS, or even Imperiax?

When Gladiator is mad, he punches apart planets and flies through million mile wide stars.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Even if the rip-off has on panel faster flight and h2h speed? greater application of strength? Does not need the sun? Can amp himself simply by believing?

Lastly why does it matter that Glads has similar powers to Supes? ..i'll give you a hint: It doesn't wink
Except gladiator doesn't have faster flight speed,never showed faster hand to hand speed,superman matches and has surpassed like every single strength feat of gladiators,sun doesn't matter since its not like its all the sudden going to be gone and the only time he has amped himself into believing anything was against a weak piece of crap like vulcan.

Nestical
vulcan is weak now?retard. fully confident glads stomps

vlaaad12345
Yes vulcan is weak retard,superman pulls gladiators head off.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by Nestical
vulcan is weak now?retard. fully confident glads stomps You showed him!

I'm Bran
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Yes vulcan is weak retard,superman pulls gladiators head off. And then you come back and show him up!

Outstanding.

Enyalus
Except gladiator doesn't have faster flight speed

Show me Superman flying at speeds exceeding 100 times light speed, on panel.

never showed faster hand to hand speed

Gladiator's handspeed was 'nearly invisible' to Reed Richards and his computers. So at the very least they're even. That's being generous.

superman matches and has surpassed like every single strength feat of gladiators

Pushing planets out of their orbit, three shotting a planet, crushing a star with his bare hands? No.

the only time he has amped himself into believing anything was against a weak piece of crap like vulcan.

That 'weak piece of crap' made the X-Men look like rookies and easily defeated the rest of the Imperial Guard...

Naija boy
Gladiator puts up a fight but loses

iceman24567
Glads won't stomp Superman thats for sure and compared to Superman Vulcan is a weak piece of crap.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Enyalus

Show me Superman flying at speeds exceeding 100 times light speed, on panel.

Gladiator's handspeed was 'nearly invisible' to Reed Richards and his computers. So at the very least they're even. That's being generous.

Pushing planets out of their orbit, three shotting a planet, crushing a star with his bare hands? No.

That 'weak piece of crap' made the X-Men look like rookies and easily defeated the rest of the Imperial Guard...
You have already been shown on panel several times of him flying light years in seconds and flying to rao at about 500 thousand times the speed of light,superman years ago can easily vibrate hypersonic and was creating sonic booms with his hand speed and that wasn't a superman who is going all out not even close,superman can shatter planets,hes held a black hole from expanding into a solar system sized black hole,moved the wheels of a solar system sized monster among many other strength feats and all those never happened with him going all out and were before his current upgrades he has,the x-men are a bunch of rookies and its not like the imperiel guard is a top level team or anything.

quanchi112
Superman, definately. Didn't anyone see how mad he was when Lois' live was on the line. Didn't anyone see how mad he got at DS, or even Imperiax? Its close.

Enyalus
No, his speed was never stated on panel.

Plenty of people go from one galaxy to another in a few panels. Dumb Drax even did similar. Nova (herald), too. That's just something the writers do to move the plot along. Its absolutely no indication of speed.

vlaaad12345
Its obviously no indication of speed when we have the exact things needed to measure speed which is time(less then a day) and distance(2.3million lightyears) or time less then a minute and distance 25 light years..sorry but no its a valid speed feat hell when he delivered the entropy bomb into a sun eater that was lightyears across he was weakened by red sun radiation and still made it there and out before 3 hours was up,hes faster then 100x the speed of light deal with it.

Enyalus
And its stated on panel so you can show me, right?

I'm Bran
sorry but no its a valid speed feat hell when he delivered the entropy bomb into a sun eater that was lightyears across he was weakened by red sun radiation and still made it there and out before 3 hours was up,hes faster then 100x the speed of light deal with it. Wasn't Pa wondering if Superman was faster than the speed of light in that instance, and even said he wasn't because he was tired?

I'm not saying he isn't, and I'm not saying he is... but you can't use a scan that questions if Superman is faster than light to try and show him traveling many x's the speed of light. erm

Mr. Funktastic
Originally posted by shokosugi

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Wasn't Pa wondering if Superman was faster than the speed of light in that instance, and even said he wasn't because he was tired?

I'm not saying he isn't, and I'm not saying he is... but you can't use a scan that questions if Superman is faster than light to try and show him traveling many x's the speed of light. erm
What he was wondering has nothing to do with the on panel evidence of him traveling multi light years in under 3 hours,and of course hes wondering if hes ftl considering he has been tanking planet rending red sun blasts for an extended amount of time and was getting weaker and weaker the closer he got to the things core,so he traveled a minimum of 2+light years in under 3 hours while drastically weakened which puts him at around 400 times the speed of light and thats one of his worse speed feats,he of course has the whole I flew 25 light years in a couple sentences feat and the I flew over 500 thousand times the speeed of light to put prime through rao feat,if we have a time and a distance there is no reason we can't calculate a speed.

Allankles
And its stated on panel so you can show me, right?

In Superman #153 Supes makes a roundtrip from Saturn to the Sun in a few seconds this puts his speed in excess of 1000X the speed of light over 10 times faster than Glads top speed.

xJLxKing
Not everything has to be stated in he panel. If it was that way, it going to be a damn Novel. Somet things are commen sense

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
In Superman #153 Supes makes a roundtrip from Saturn to the Sun in a few seconds this puts his speed in excess of 1000X the speed of light over 10 times faster than Glads top speed.

And Nova in SS #88 flew from somewhere beyond our solar system to Earth, grabbed Drax and flew back in the span of about three sentences.

Shit like that means nothing. It happens all the time.

Galan007
I wouldn't say it means 'nothing.'

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
I wouldn't say it means 'nothing.' But you'd think it.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
I wouldn't say it means 'nothing.'

I exaggerate, because I've already made my point and now my patience is a bit stretched.

On panel, Glads is 100x faster than light. Plenty of people have traveled across galaxies and universes before. I think Thor's even done it. Titan spacecrafts have done so. Ronan did it. I'm sure you can think of examples in DC where characters do so.

It's not that big of a deal. Writers don't pay attention to specifics a lot of times. Hell, I posted scans of Blue Supes flying Cyborg to the sun in a panel. You'd think that was multiple times FTL, but in fact he states he's going just under the speed of light.

Unless its stated, it doesn't mean much.

I'm Bran
What he was wondering has nothing to do with the on panel evidence of him traveling multi light years in under 3 hours,and of course hes wondering if hes ftl considering he has been tanking planet rending red sun blasts for an extended amount of time and was getting weaker and weaker the closer he got to the things core,so he traveled a minimum of 2+light years in under 3 hours while drastically weakened which puts him at around 400 times the speed of light. Oh right... we take what we can make of a feat, rather than what was said on panel...

"I don't know if the boy's usually faster than light, but that day he was tired. He wasn't going to make it."

Allankles
And Nova in SS #88 flew from somewhere beyond our solar system to Earth, grabbed Drax and flew back in the span of about three sentences.

Shit like that means nothing. It happens all the time.

The feat I posted had nothing to do with sentences but a measure of time. Supes made the round trip in literally a matter of seconds.

Back to this fight it reminds me of the Emperor Joker story arch where Joker smashes Supes around (with myx's powers) even removes his heart and Supes still keeps on fighting. The guy operates on sheer will power when the chips are down he'd handle Glads.

Allankles
I exaggerate, because I've already made my point and now my patience is a bit stretched.

On panel, Glads is 100x faster than light. Plenty of people have traveled across galaxies and universes before. I think Thor's even done it. Titan spacecrafts have done so. Ronan did it. I'm sure you can think of examples in DC where characters do so.

It's not that big of a deal. Writers don't pay attention to specifics a lot of times. Hell, I posted scans of Blue Supes flying Cyborg to the sun in a panel. You'd think that was multiple times FTL, but in fact he states he's going just under the speed of light.

Unless its stated, it doesn't mean much.

To each his own I've seen Supes move at speeds well in excess of 100xlight speed when he's needed to.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
The guy operates on sheer will power

...so does Gladiator...

Stoic
Stalemate

vlaaad12345
Oh right... we take what we can make of a feat, rather than what was said on panel...

"I don't know if the boy's usually faster than light, but that day he was tired. He wasn't going to make it."
Cause pa is the exact expert on supes right?what was said on panel is that superman traveled several lightyears in under 3 hours while weakened there is no arguing it at all not even a little,again we have a distance we have a time we can make a calculation and that calculation says superman shits on gladiators speed im sorry that hurts your feelings,flying to different galaxies in no time at all is a speed feat,flying from vega to earth in under a minute is a speed feat.

Lord Feron
I'm not saying Vulcan is really great or anything and far from even being better than Supes. I just want to say, he was able to affect any type of energy on any wavelength or spectrum. That is his power set.

But when Glads became serious Vulcan should have been able to at least slow him down. Hit him with something, Not like Glads dodged anything or whatever. He simple believed that he couldn't be effected by him and Vulcan, he didn't say "Dman how did you get so strong!" we was more confused. As if he had no powers whatsever. I thought that was amazing... I hope you understand what i'm saying. Glads was able to completely nullify vulcan's powers on him.

Also if you want to talk about will power and psioic induced strength, glads got that in spades over Supes. Yeah his is determined but That is essentially the source of Glad's powers.

vlaaad12345
Superman when determined was unstoppable as well,and people seem to be forgetting t-vo here....

Lord Feron
Cause pa is the exact expert on supes right?what was said on panel is that superman traveled several lightyears in under 3 hours while weakened there is no arguing it at all not even a little,again we have a distance we have a time we can make a calculation and that calculation says superman shits on gladiators speed im sorry that hurts your feelings,flying to different galaxies in no time at all is a speed feat,flying from vega to earth in under a minute is a speed feat.

You know trying to apply real and exact math to comics is a terrible idea, right? embarrasment

Didn't we go over this in that "Flash thread"

Writers sometimes have no idea the speed or strength they are allowing their characters exemplify.

vlaaad12345
Its doesn't really matter on panel visiuals show it happening,we have seen it several times superman has traveled measurable distances in measurable time,hell im using dialogue for one of supermans feats and that dialogue has him crossing a nebula in under 3 hours while drained from red sun...again>>>>>>>>>>>100x the speed of light.

illadelph12
Hmm...

I'd actually say Gladiator as he tends to be more ruthless, and doesn't have any immediate weaknesses for Supes to exploit beyond his confidence which isn't a large factor in this match due to the stakes. It's pretty much a draw in terms of overall power. If combat moves anywhere near a red sun Supes is in big trouble because Gladiator won't be effected.

However, I also admittedly hate Superman.

I'm Bran
Cause pa is the exact expert on supes right?what was said on panel is that superman traveled several lightyears in under 3 hours while weakened there is no arguing it at all not even a little,again we have a distance we have a time we can make a calculation and that calculation says superman shits on gladiators speed im sorry that hurts your feelings,flying to different galaxies in no time at all is a speed feat,flying from vega to earth in under a minute is a speed feat. He's the narrator of the story. He's what the writer intended, but from the viewpoint of a comic character. In fact, Pa knows how far it is away, and yet he still questions how fast Superman can travel...
Writer's intention>what fans make of it.
No matter how much the scene makes sense or not.

You're an idiot if you think I care about all around speed... in fact, I said I don't care in my first post that I quoted you in (apparently you're comprehension is as bad as your posts). All I'm saying is that that particular scene wasn't supposed to be Superman traveling at an uber ridiculous flight speed.

That's neat. I don't care about the other feats, as I said before.

vlaaad12345
T-vo says superman doesn't even have to fight him physically...or he can make illusions and blind side gladiator,except that scene you keep talking about is after he was nearly all the way depowered and im talking about when he originally flew there so again you have no argument,and my posts are just fine.

Enyalus
Yup. In case anyone forgot, Superman is a mutiversal-level reality warper.

vlaaad12345
Yep I said that word for word.

Enyalus
Yep I said that word for word.

Hasn't Erads beaten Supes while both used T-Vo?

I'm Bran
except that scene you keep talking about is after he was nearly all the way depowered and im talking about when he originally flew there so again you have no argument,and my posts are just fine. Originally posted by Character meant to be writer's intention

and my posts are just fine. Really?
T-vo says superman doesn't even have to fight him physically...or he can make illusions and blind side gladiator,except that scene you keep talking about is after he was nearly all the way depowered and im talking about when he originally flew there so again you have no argument,and my posts are just fine. No, I disagree.

vlaaad12345
He says I don't know so we must automatically assume hes not ftl,we will ignore other instances of ftl travel we will also ignore superman flying several light years in under 3 hours(several hundred times the speed of light)right again my posts are just fine and you have no point at all,he flew the size of a nebula(several hundred light years)while weakened and in under 3 hours the end no arguing no debating it happened period.

Mrblonde
I say Gladiator his confidence would be through the roof and he would be near impervious to Superman's attacks..By the way what the **** is T-VO

Mindset
He says I don't know so we must automatically assume hes not ftl,we will ignore other instances of ftl travel we will also ignore superman flying several light years in under 3 hours(several hundred times the speed of light)right again my posts are just fine and you have no point at all,he flew the size of a nebula(several hundred light years)while weakened and in under 3 hours the end no arguing no debating it happened period. bla bla bla

vlaaad12345
A vaguely defined mental power of Superman's that allows him to have psychic powers,dispel magic,tk...pretty much anything the plot can call for I believe this is about the best explanation I could find for ithttp://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman585jk0.jpg
on the previous page superman says the universe notes our will and responds to it...so it could be like reality warping I don't know,yeah bla bla bla stfu mindset good to see you have nothing useful to say as usual.

I'm Bran
He says I don't know so we must automatically assume hes not ftl,we will ignore other instances of ftl travel we will also ignore superman flying several light years in under 3 hours(several hundred times the speed of light)right again my posts are just fine and you have no point at all,he flew the size of a nebula(several hundred light years)while weakened and in under 3 hours the end no arguing no debating it happened period. The big run on sentence says that your posts are awesome!

You do realize that he knew he was light years away, and yet he still says that he doesn't know if Superman is above light speed, don't you?

We do ignore other scenes, because you're trying to validate the scene to me, not validate his travel speed. Otherwise, you wouldn't have continued this discussion after I told you many times that I was only talking about that particular scene.

The Sun Eater was the size of a Nebula, it doesn't mean he was anywhere close to it... or that he flew that distance.

Also, it isn't several hundred times the speed of light if you want to get technical, it's several thousand and more at the very least. erm
If you're flying let's say two light yearz in three hours, that means you're traveling in three hours the distance that it would take light two years to reach.

vlaaad12345
The big run on sentence says that your posts are awesome!

You do realize that he knew he was light years away, and yet he still says that he doesn't know if Superman is above light speed, don't you?

We do ignore other scenes, because you're trying to validate the scene to me, not validate his travel speed. Otherwise, you wouldn't have continued this discussion after I told you many times that I was only talking about that particular scene.

The Sun Eater was the size of a Nebula, it doesn't mean he was anywhere close to it... or that he flew that distance.

Also, it isn't several hundred times the speed of light if you want to get technical, it's several thousand and more at the very least. erm
And again thats after superman is nearly powerless after his powers were evaporating like morning dew after he has takin multiple red sun shots from a freaking sun eater and its also just pa kents opinion.

During that instance at the end he probably wasn't ftl considering he had lost so much power merely going inside the the thing...and he had to go inside it to deliver the bomb..............so yes he flew that distance and yes he was close to it as in inside the freaking thing jesus I give up if you want to believe he wasn't ftl then be my guest its a retarded thing to believe but go for it.

Zack Fair
Kal-El

I'm Bran
And again thats after superman is nearly powerless after his powers were evaporating like morning dew after he has takin multiple red sun shots from a freaking sun eater and its also just pa kents opinion.

During that instance at the end he probably wasn't ftl considering he had lost so much power merely going inside the the thing...and he had to go inside it to deliver the bomb..............so yes he flew that distance and yes he was close to it as in inside the freaking thing jesus I give up if you want to believe he wasn't ftl getting then be my guest its a retarded thing to believe but go for it. Did you miss 'usually'?
It's just his opinion, yet he's the writer's intended narrator... Hell, following that logic, we don't know if the Sun Eater was the size of a nebula, nor do we know he was light years away... it was merely opinions. Great logic. erm

How do we know he wasn't going FTL since that was only Pa's opinion? smile

I was only following what you were saying.
Either way, just because the Sun Eater was a Nebula in size, it doesn't mean Superman traveled that distance.

OK, I'll believe what I want.

psycho gundam
http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman585jk0.jpg
torquasm-rao (not t-vo which was requested) sounds a lot like the power cosmic.

vlaaad12345
Except we know he travelled light years in under 3 hours,we know that the suneater was light years away,we know he went inside of it to deliver the bomb and we know that it is lightyears across.

I'm Bran
Except we know he travelled light years in under 3 hours,we know that the suneater was light years away,we know he went inside of it to deliver the bomb and we know that it is lightyears across. Originally posted by vlaaad12345
jesus I give up

No we don't. We only know that he went inside it. The rest are opinions (the Nebula one was Superman's opinion).
and its also just pa kents opinion.

Or are we supposed to exclude one thing to fit our needs?

vlaaad12345
Yes we do know it was light years away,superman has super sight and can see what size something is from far away,we know he flew inside it.

Theres a difference between the guy who has no super powers and doesn't know how fast superman travels and the hard math and supermans own comments using his super powers if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you,but im not sure why we are arguing this because even when we take what pa kent says IT ONLY SAYS I DON'T KNOW it doesn't say he doesn't go at the speed of light or anything like that,he crossed light years in under 3 hours fact that puts him at over 100x the speed of light fact there is no more arguing fact.

I'm Bran
Yes we do know it was light years away,superman has super sight and can see what size something is from far away,we know he flew inside it.

Theres a difference between the guy who has no super powers and doesn't know how fast superman travels and the hard math and supermans own comments using his super powers if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you,but im not sure why we are arguing this because even when we take what pa kent says IT ONLY SAYS I DON'T KNOW it doesn't say he doesn't go at the speed of light or anything like that,he crossed light years in under 3 hours fact that puts him at over 100x the speed of light fact there is no more arguing fact.
Pa said he was light years away. smile

The same guy said that he was light years away, and that he didn't know if Superman can travel faster than light.

He says he doesn't know if he usually travels faster than light (indicating that he wasn't traveling that speed in the issue).
What it does tell us though, is the writer intended to not make him traveling at such a ridiculous speed that you can bust your rocks off to later. He questions if Superman can travel faster than light, and yet he would know how far Clark has traveled. Which means that even though it doesn't make sense, it means he wasn't traveling at thousands of times the speed of light, and it means he wasn't traveling faster than the speed of light in that issue.

xJLxKing
Superman CAN travel faster then SOL outside of earths atmosphere. However, I don't think an actualy number is given. My guess is Superman can go about 5x speed of light(SOL). He has broken through a Black hole which requires the speed to be higher then SOL. He has taken DS to the Sun in a few seconds. He even traveled from earth to Saturn in 4 minutes(I forgot the exact time).

I'm Bran
Superman CAN travel faster then SOL outside of earths atmosphere. ...

Anyway, I highly doubt that Earth's atmosphere would slow him down... he just doesn't need to ever go such speed on the planet.

xJLxKing

Anyway, I highly doubt that Earth's atmosphere would slow him down... he just doesn't need to ever go such speed on the planet.
It's not about slowing him down. If I remember correctly, it was stated that it would create something like a black hole, or just make a huge amount of damage, so he avoids hitting SOL

I'm Bran
It's not about slowing him down. If I remember correctly, it was stated that it would create something like a black hole, or just make a huge amount of damage, so he avoids hitting SOL That too, but it still means he can hit the speed.

xJLxKing
Well yeah!

Eel O'Brien
Glads may be 100x FTL but his battle feats put him roughly even with Thor and Hyperion; which is right around where Supes would fall.

Neither character will be outclassed here. Glads punches won't be 1000x faster than Supes and Supes isn't going to T-VO Glads out of existence. This will just be a straight up hard fight.

I think Supes would win, as he has more examples of going to the mat when there's a lot at stake. Of course, my opinion may be a little biased...

xJLxKing
Superman battle speed is better Imo

stormultt
i wanna say gladiator because hes hot and blue or pruple confused ..seriously i think glads could take it but if their near any star(which i know they will be) then superman beats tha supercrap out of gladiator

iceman24567
Originally posted by stormultt
i wanna say gladiator because hes hot and blue or pruple confused ..seriously i think glads could take it but if their near any star(which i know they will be) then superman beats tha supercrap out of gladiator Well Glads would kick all the stars nearby to another Galaxy before Superman can absorb any energy duh I thought you heard Glads is suppose to be Marves version of Pc Superman no expression

stormultt
Originally posted by iceman24567
Well Glads would kick all the stars nearby to another Galaxy before Superman can absorb any energy duh I thought you heard Glads is suppose to be Marves version of Pc Superman no expression

well theres so damn many of them theres sentry, gladiator some others!!lol but yea id say gladiator in a heartbeat because he make my heart skip a beat confused

supes lose sad

psycho gundam
he technically is.

he was created long before the conflict of infinite earths, and has not been rebooted.

anyway, stalemate. after a long deadlock, they'd realize that beating each other would only result in the other's civilization (or just earth in supes case) being decimated. i bet superman would be the first to yield since superman would have to answer to cosmic entities if he allowed a whole galaxy's worth of beings die just for one planet.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he technically is.

he was created long before the conflict of infinite earths, and has not been rebooted.

anyway, stalemate. after a long deadlock, they'd realize that beating each other would only result in the other's civilization (or just earth in supes case) being decimated. i bet superman would be the first to yield since superman would have to answer to cosmic entities if he allowed a whole galaxy's worth of beings die just for one planet.

Interesting POV.

Eel O'Brien
he technically is.

This is good. It defies the OP, but it does seem more in line with Supes' character.

He wouldn't be willing to accept any deaths and would do all he could to find a solution where everyone lives.

kudos psycho gundam.

The Great Galen
Supes when motivate wouldn't give a shit, why not just fire a HV blast the size of planet with super nova towering heat and just burn the shi'ar into dust.

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Supes when motivate wouldn't give a shit, why not just fire a HV blast the size of planet with super nova towering heat and just burn the shi'ar into dust.

Because the Shi'ar empire is in a different galaxy?

Mindset
Because the Shi'ar empire is in a different galaxy? lol

The Pict
Superman ftw

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by The Great Galen

Which Superman are you reading?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Which Superman are you reading? he just looks at the respect thread without knowing the context.

The Great Galen
Nah, I just credit characters with feats they have performed and follow the full capcity forum rules.

Raoul
Superman won't wipe out innocent shi'ar civilians. He won't even destroy their starships if he knows that the people on board would be killed.

disable? sure. exterminate? not a chance.

full capacity doesn't make him evil.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Raoul
Superman won't wipe out innocent shi'ar civilians. He won't even destroy their starships if he knows that the people on board would be killed.

disable? sure. exterminate? not a chance.

full capacity doesn't make him evil. that's the beauty of superman, he'd rather forfeit his home and loved ones for the greater good no matter what.

if the threat is from some guy saying he's going to destroy earth/the shi'ar galaxy, trust that kal and....kal will be gunning for them instead of fighting each other.

that should be a crossover comic, you'd all buy it.

Enyalus
that should be a crossover comic, you'd all buy it.

Yes I would. Especially if they shook hands at the end, like in Thanos #10.

*looks for porn now after that thought*

I-Drop
that's the beauty of superman, he'd rather forfeit his home and loved ones for the greater good no matter what.

if the threat is from some guy saying he's going to destroy earth/the shi'ar galaxy, trust that kal and....kal will be gunning for them instead of fighting each other.

that should be a crossover comic, you'd all buy it. Only if Superman dies @the end

Raoul
that's the beauty of superman, he'd rather forfeit his home and loved ones for the greater good no matter what.

no he wouldn't.

I-Drop
He wouldn't?

Raoul
Originally posted by I-Drop
He wouldn't?

superman believes all life is sacred. he'd never trade one life for another. or one for a thousand.

Mindset
He wouldn't trade Lex life for Lois' if he had no other choice?

I-Drop
So what if he had to make a choice? He'd let errbody die?

Raoul
Originally posted by Mindset
He wouldn't trade Lex life for Lois' if he had no other choice?

no, he wouldn't. he believes it would cheapen the value of lois' life. she'd be alive because he let somebody else die.

So what if he had to make a choice? He'd let errbody die?

of course not. he'd do his best to make sure there was as little life lost as possible. but it would be through his own failure to protect rather than him actually saying 'yeah kill those ones instead'

Mindset
Well, he's a horrible husband.

Raoul
Well, he's a horrible husband.

she's a horrible wife, so they're even.

Mindset
All wives are horrible, that's no excuse.

I-Drop
Well, he's a horrible husband. Ditto. It would be funny if it turned out to be a test & Lois divorced him afterward.Originally posted by Raoul
of course not. he'd do his best to make sure there was as little life lost as possible. but it would be through his own failure to protect rather than him actually saying 'yeah kill those ones instead' laughing out loud he don't have to say it. Just point @them or turn his back to them or nod in their direction

Silent Guardian
okay no way Superman would choose Luthor over Lois. If he had to choose one life and there was no other way to save both of them, he would choose Lois.

Wei Phoenix
no, he wouldn't. he believes it would cheapen the value of lois' life. she'd be alive because he let somebody else die.

of course not. he'd do his best to make sure there was as little life lost as possible. but it would be through his own failure to protect rather than him actually saying 'yeah kill those ones instead'

Oh yeah, like you know anything about Superman......hehehehe, aren't I cute?

I-Drop
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
okay no way Superman would choose Luthor over Lois. If he had to choose one life and there was no other way to save both of them, he would choose Lois. I think you're probably right. If not, I dislike Supes even more(didn't think that was possible) because he's a dickhead that don't love his wife enough to choose her over a criminal.

Raoul
All wives are horrible, that's no excuse.

laughing out loud

laughing out loud he don't have to say it. Just point @them or turn his back to them or nod in their direction

not even that...

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Oh yeah, like you know anything about Superman......hehehehe, aren't I cute?

just a little.

Originally posted by Silent Guardian
okay no way Superman would choose Luthor over Lois. If he had to choose one life and there was no other way to save both of them, he would choose Lois.

I think you're probably right. If not, I dislike Supes even more(didn't think that was possible) because he's a dickhead that don't love his wife enough to choose her over a criminal.

he's superman. he'd believe he could save both. it's not about choosing lois over lex. he just genuinely believes that if he wants to save someone, he can.

I-Drop
I'm talking about a situation where he knows he can't.

Raoul
I'm talking about a situation where he knows he's cant.

he's superman. he's the definition of the word optimism. he's not going to believe he can't...

also, meant to post this earlier, to illustrate why he won't trade lives:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/ac825_js_21.jpg

xJLxKing
Truly great!

I-Drop
In that example, who were the other lives?

Raoul

he could have saved his parents too, iirc.

guy222
supes

Enyalus

Lois, Martha and John Kent, and really the fate of the entire world. Action Comics 825, where Gog pretty much owns everyone but Doomsday.

Raoul
Lois, Martha and John Kent, and really the fate of the entire world. Action Comics 825, where Gog pretty much owns everyone but Doomsday.

Gogs

plural. stick out tongue

a kryptonite poisoned, heart attack suffering superman walked through plenty of them before being put down.

I-Drop
So he had a choice between saving his friends & family or saving the rest of the world?

Enyalus
a kryptonite poisoned, heart attack suffering superman walked through plenty of them before being put down.

Walked through them while they were all clinging to him like babies before bringing him down, yeah.

erm That was kinda lame.

TheBadguy
wait...what? Supes can shoot planet sized heat vision? Or is this from the sun amped thing?

Enyalus
Originally posted by TheBadguy
wait...what? Supes can shoot planet sized heat vision? Or is this from the sun amped thing?

The latter.

Zack Fair
Supes wouldn't kill. Not even for Lois. I remember Superman being extremely desperate to save Lois's life after the Joker poisoned her. The Joker told him that the only way to save Lois was killing him. Supes didn't and Lois was healthy next morning. All Joker wanted was to break Supes down by having him kill.

Raoul
So he had a choice between saving his friends & family or saving the rest of the world?

no. the people of metropolis, iirc.

Walked through them while they were all clinging to him like babies before bringing him down, yeah.

erm That was kinda lame.

hater.

no, he can do it easily enough... gimme a sec and ill get the scan...

vlaaad12345
That was a superman from like 10 years ago( a lot weaker)and last I checked the sun still exists.

Zack Fair
Didn't he warm a planet or something like that with his HV?

xJLxKing
Yes he did

Raoul
ok, here it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_AOS620-4.jpg

also, at one point gog offered him the ability to go back and save krypton, all he had to do was sacrifice one life. he refused.

Avlon
Supes stomps.

Kris Blaze
ok, here it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_AOS620-4.jpg

also, at one point gog offered him the ability to go back and save krypton, all he had to do was sacrifice one life. he refused.

Sounds like Superman is a dumbass.

If he was a regular person and a foreign army threatened to take over his land, rape his woman and enslave his kids I guess he wouldn't kill anyone.....because it would lessen the value of their lives?? Taking another life to protect one doesn't decrease its value, it increases it.

Mindset
Superman is French.

Raoul
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

If he was a regular person and a foreign army threatened to take over his land, rape his woman and enslave his kids I guess he wouldn't kill anyone.....because it would lessen the value of their lives?? Taking another life to protect one doesn't decrease its value, it increases it.

he's a hero. heroes save lives. he refuses to put his personal feelings and wants above those of others.

fact is, he's not a normal person. he doesn't have to kill to win a war.

I-Drop
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

If he was a regular person and a foreign army threatened to take over his land, rape his woman and enslave his kids I guess he wouldn't kill anyone.....because it would lessen the value of their lives?? Taking another life to protect one doesn't decrease its value, it increases it. Ditto. & these situations are still different from choosing to save a good life or that of a criminal like Lex. & doing all that tuff guy shit while being poisoned w/K and having a heart attack is one of the reasons people hate Supes. That's the dumbest feat I've ever heard of. The writer should be placed in a stock.

Avlon
he's a hero. heroes save lives. he refuses to put his personal feelings and wants above those of others.

Superman fought and even led the Asgardian army and even helped them win the war against Hades without taking a single life.

wink

TheBadguy
So was Supes sun amped or not? He looks yellow and that can't be super nova heat.

Superman is French.

lmao

Raoul
Ditto. & these situations are still different from choosing to save a good life or that of a criminal like Lex. & doing all that tuff guy shit while being poisoned w/K and having a heart attack is one of the reasons people hate Supes. That's the dumbest feat I've ever heard of. The writer should be placed in a stock.

a person can't be good and then be tough when they have to be?

Originally posted by Avlon
Superman fought and even led the Asgardian army and even helped them win the war against Hades without taking a single life.

wink

yup.

So was Supes sun amped or not? He looks yellow and that can't be super nova heat.

lmao

he was up in space, but it wasnt any sort of special sun amp...

TheBadguy
Im thinking stalemate

I-Drop
a person can't be good and then be tough when they have to be? laughing out loud Are you ignoring the poisoned by K & having a heart attack part?

Not choosing to sacrifice good people is cool. Having good cats die 'cuz you won't sacrifice evil = stupid.

Silent Guardian
Batman solos

Raoul
laughing out loud Are you ignoring the poisoned by K & having a heart attack part?

Not choosing to sacrifice good people is cool. Having good cats die 'cuz you won't sacrifice evil = stupid.

you mean that because he was weaker, he shouldn't have been able to keep going?

what good cats?

Zack Fair
I think Superman believes has no right to decide who to live or die.

Raoul
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I think Superman believes has no right to decide who to live or die.

pretty much.

I-Drop
I should have said people. Letting Lois die 'cuz you won't sacrifice Lex is stupid.

Raoul
I should have said people. Letting Lois die 'cuz you won't sacrifice Lex is stupid.

but thats the point. he won't let lois die. he'd offer himself, or he'd stop whoever was threatening him.

Kris Blaze

Wolverine's a hero too.

It's not a matter of personal feelings, but 1 life versus an entire planet? common....

I-Drop
Okay. Here's the sitrep. Mxy shows up & he mad as hell(he just read about Superman doing all that tuff stuff while being poisoned & having a heart attack smile ). Now he's more eviler than Skeletor. He fuks Superman up something fierce & then magically takes all of Supes powers. He then presents Lois & Lex and says "who do you want to live? You can't save both & not choosing any results in the death of both. & I might just kill everybody else 'cuz you wouldn't play ball. The only person who I won't kill is you". WW busts thru the window and puts the lasso on Mxy. Mxy then says "I ain't playin'. I'ma kill errbody if you don't choose & can't nobody stop me! This is not a game" He then sends WW to another dimension. What does Superman do?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>