Gladiator vs Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Gladiator
http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/1/18/Gladiator442.jpg

vs

Lobo
http://seriewikin.serieframjandet.se/images/1/11/Simon_Bisley_-_Lobo.png

Gladiator is very confident, and Lobo thinks Glads has smashed his last case of beer . who win's ?

Galan007
Lobo.

Juntai
Lobo.

ultimatethor
Gladiator

Lord Feron
Does Lobo get his clones? If so then Glads might lose...

Mrblonde
Lobo wins he doesn't even need the clones

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Mrblonde
Lobo wins he doesn't even need the clones
Not so much...

Enyalus
Lobo has his cloning abilities back last I checked. Meaning he wins.

I'm Bran
Projected Lobo gets stomped.

Real Lobo stomps.

kidthor
gladsicks thecrapout ofhim

StiltmanFTW
Gladiator.

quanchi112
Glads wins.

The Great Galen
Is this the toon Lobo that has all those really cartoony feats...otherwise I'd say Glad takes it.

iceman24567
Lobo can beat Superman, The Sentry and Gladz no problem I am not a fanboys.

stormultt
glads would crush him then give the bike to oracle

oracle=glads forever wink

iceman24567
Gladz can't beat 100's of lobos

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567

If he believes he can he can.

stick out tongue

iceman24567
Nah not this time.

Enyalus
Nah not this time.

I already agreed. stick out tongue

iceman24567
Right I'm just baked.

Enyalus
Right I'm just baked.

You planning to share those cookies? Or did you make a cake?

iceman24567
Haha no cookies for you

Enyalus
Haha no cookies for you

...I need to find a Cookie Monster emoticon.

Silent Guardian
Lobo wins, he is a beast

Stoic
Lobo no longer clones himself.
"At one time, Lobo could grow a copy of himself, possessing all of his skills and powers, out of every drop of his blood that was spilled. This power, however, was removed by Vril Dox, during Lobo's time with L.E.G.I.O.N.".

LOBO'S POWERS AND ABILITIES.
Lobo possesses extraordinary strength of undefined limits. His strength, much like his other powers, varies greatly depending upon different artistic interpretations of various comic book writers. In some instances, he is depicted as being barely stronger than a human while, in others, he demonstrates physical strength on a similar level as Superman. Lobo also possesses superhuman durability, which varies greatly as well. Lobo is depicted, in some situations, as being injured by conventional bullets while, in other situations, he has the physical resiliency to stand toe to toe with Superman, survive unprotected in deep space, and withstand powerful explosive blasts without sustaining injury. He has displayed particular susceptibility to gaseous chemicals.

If Lobo sustains injury, his accelerated healing factor enables him to regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue with superhuman speed and efficiency, and little apparent pain. Lobo also is functionally immortal. He is immune to the effects of aging and disease and he has been banned from entering either Heaven or Hell. As such, even though he can sustain sufficient injury to be out of commission for quite some time, he will apparently heal from any injury, given sufficient time. For instance, Lobo can regenerate out of a pool of his own blood, apparently recycling the cells. At one time, Lobo could grow a copy of himself, possessing all of his skills and powers, out of every drop of his blood that was spilled. This power, however, was removed by Vril Dox, during Lobo's time with L.E.G.I.O.N.

Any writer that displays Lobo as being able to clone himself from drops of his blood are mistaken, and was in error, when was the last time that Lobo was seen cloning himself? Young Justice? This was an error.
Lobo fought a clone of his, and killed the clone... how can I be so sure? Well prior to killing his clone Lobo (the real one) was unable to die, as he was banned from Heaven or Hell.

Stoic
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Does Lobo get his clones? If so then Glads might lose... Originally posted by iceman24567

Lobo does not clone read his bio, or the comic which Vril Dox removes this power. Any writer that displays Lobo having this power were not updated on the history of Lobo.

Oh and Gladiator wins a majority over Lobo.

Silent Guardian
well Lobo still wins he is practically immortal.

Stoic
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
well Lobo still wins he is practically immortal.

Lobo can still be slammed (KO'ed) Superman while being possessed by Eclipso KO'ed Lobo with one punch, while Captain Marvel took multiple hits from an Eclipso possessed Superman a couple years later.

Lobo should lose this if we are going by his non toonish feats.

TricksterPriest
As of current comics, he's got the cloning back. And the reason is, there was a fight between Lobo and a clone. We're not sure who won, but Lobo apparently has his cloning power back.

"Lobo can still be slammed (KO'ed) Superman while being possessed by Eclipso KO'ed Lobo with one punch, while Captain Marvel took multiple hits from an Eclipso possessed Superman a couple years later."

..........Is joke, yes? whatdur An Eclipso possesed Superman is far and above Gladiator by a large margin, so that example fails. And Captain Marvel has magic based invulnerability, not to mention Superman was fighting against Eclipso's control. And CM would ALSO stomp Glads, so that's two mistakes.

Not to mention Lobo is much more ruthless and intelligent. Yes, I said intelligent. Lobo is the very definition of the trope "Genius Bruiser." Did you forget how he killed off his own species? wink

Stoic
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
As of current comics, he's got the cloning back. And the reason is, there was a fight between Lobo and a clone. We're not sure who won, but Lobo apparently has his cloning power back.

"Lobo can still be slammed (KO'ed) Superman while being possessed by Eclipso KO'ed Lobo with one punch, while Captain Marvel took multiple hits from an Eclipso possessed Superman a couple years later."

..........Is joke, yes? whatdur An Eclipso possesed Superman is far and above Gladiator by a large margin, so that example fails. And Captain Marvel has magic based invulnerability, not to mention Superman was fighting against Eclipso's control. And CM would ALSO stomp Glads, so that's two mistakes.

Not to mention Lobo is much more ruthless and intelligent. Yes, I said intelligent. Lobo is the very definition of the trope "Genius Bruiser." Did you forget how he killed off his own species? wink

When was the last time Lobo cloned himself? The reason why Lobo's clone could not have been the one to win that fight was because the original Lobo was already Immortal, the clone wasn't hence why one died while the other lived.... this is not hard to understand.

Lobo also has mystical resistance as he was more than capable of taking hits from Etrigan, he was also able to go toe to toe with Captain Marvel.

Gladiator is more powerful than Captain Marvel, and if they fought it would be Gladiator who would be the last man standing, unless of course you believe that Captain Marvel could beat Supreme, or take as many hits from him as Gladiator did.

Captain Marvel is soft, which is why someone as powerful as Gladiator would beat him, he has a history of being busted open Gladiator would simply wear him out.

Gladiator is Marvels Superman, and has beaten classic Thor easier than Superman did in a canonical cross-over.

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by Stoic
When was the last time Lobo cloned himself? The reason why Lobo's clone could not have been the one to win that fight was because the original Lobo was already Immortal, the clone wasn't hence why one died while the other lived.... this is not hard to understand.

Lobo also has mystical resistance as he was more than capable of taking hits from Etrigan, he was also able to go toe to toe with Captain Marvel.

Gladiator is more powerful than Captain Marvel, and if they fought it would be Gladiator who would be the last man standing, unless of course you believe that Captain Marvel could beat Supreme, or take as many hits from him as Gladiator did.

Captain Marvel is soft, which is why someone as powerful as Gladiator would beat him, he has a history of being busted open Gladiator would simply wear him out.

Gladiator is Marvels Superman, and has beaten classic Thor easier than Superman did in the a canonical cross-over.

I do not know if being able to take hits from Erigan, classifies as being magical resistance. He is just tough and Etrigan is not on his level. Also going toe to toe with Cap Marvel does not necessarily mean he has magical resistance he is just tough.

But that is a minor issue that does not really bother me. Second, Gladiator is not Marvels Superman!!!!!! I do not see how you are comparing him to Supes and Cap. Marvel. not saying he is not on their level, but I do not see any evidence to measure their strength levels, besides your logic assumptions.

TricksterPriest
........What are you talking about? Supreme shit-canned Gladiator. What the f**k?

Stronger than Cap? Prove it. Cap's been turned inside out by a tesseract bomb, top that. Btw, the 100xFTL is BS. That's future Gladiator.

Losing to Superman is not a black mark............and Cap has consistently done well against Superman.

HA! Gladiator is not Marvel's Superman, Quesada made it clear that Sentry is going to be that guy. and he lost to Hulk. Btw, hasn't Thor beaten Gladiator at least 2 or 3 times?

Enyalus
........What are you talking about? Supreme shit-canned Gladiator. What the f**k?

Not really. He was holding back when fighting on the planet so the planet wouldn't destroyed. He straight up said that their power was too evenly matched. He takes him into space and holds a clear advantage, even after taking the kinda shots he did.

HA! Gladiator is not Marvel's Superman, Quesada made it clear that Sentry is going to be that guy. and he lost to Hulk. Btw, hasn't Thor beaten Gladiator at least 2 or 3 times?

I think Gladiator's beaten Thor twice and stalemated a Thor amped w/ Superspeed once. Thor's beaten Glads once or twice. Once was with Tarene's assistance.

Lord Feron
Im gonna flat out saya it.. Superman, Lobho, Capt Marvel, and Black Adam (alle superman level people) will never get the best of glads. smile
:brace for whiplash:

Silent Guardian
Im gonna flat out saya it.. Superman, Lobho, Capt Marvel, and Black Adam (alle superman level people) will never get the best of glads. smile
:brace for whiplash:

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay Glads is way over rated. Honestly he is all talk. This is laughable. I mean it would be a close fight, but I have no idea where your getting your logic from.

Juntai
:brace for whiplash: laughing

Enyalus
Lobo's not Superman level.

And without cloning, Glads takes him down.

But I think someone like BA would beat Gladiator. Just like I think BA would beat Superman more times than not.

Juntai

Gladiator is Marvels Superman, and has beaten classic Thor easier than Superman did in a canonical cross-over. Originally posted by Juntai
Maybe YOU don't know the character, then?

Sins of Youth, a minor DC event, transformed the adults into kids, and vice versa, this event culminated in a few changes, Connor Kent could age after this, and Lobo, after being transformed into a kid again, regained his cloning ability.

Lobo's cloning ability was used in Our Worlds at War, he raised an army of 'Bo's on Apokalips.

Later, one of Lobo's clones, "Slobo", joined Young Justice as a member of the team.

iceman24567
Stoic is wrong agaim Lobo stomps.

Stoic
Stoic is wrong agaim Lobo stomps.

Not really, you see Gladiator a being capable of towing a planet alone makes him stronger than Superman was when he punched Lobo into space. This would make Lobo far inferior to Gladiator in strength if Superman could also KO him while being eclipsed.

Captain Marvel was a little above Lobo when they fought, let's remember that an eclipsed Superman decked Lobo with one punch and just the fact that Captain Marvel was able to last as long as he did against an eclipsed Superman shows that being eclipsed does not make a character neccesarily more powerful, they only lose their inhibitions.. basically Superman was no longer holding back.

Captain Marvel went toe to toe with an eclipsed Superman, and although Superman would have won eventually Captain Marvel was holding his own.

Again this was at a time that Superman could not tow a planet under his own power and needed the help of Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman... Gladiator could do so under his own power.

Gladiator is far faster than Lobo is, and can fly fast enough and hit hard enough at those speeds that he could put Lobo down with one punch, just like Superman could.

Lobo loses this for more than one reason.

Silent Guardian
Not really, you see Gladiator a being capable of towing a planet alone makes him stronger than Superman was when he punched Lobo into space. This would make Lobo far inferior to Gladiator in strength if Superman could also KO him while being eclipsed.

Captain Marvel was a little above Lobo when they fought, let's remember that an eclipsed Superman decked Lobo with one punch.

Captain Marvel went toe to toe with an eclipsed Superman, and although Superman would have won eventually Captain Marvel was holding his own.

Again this was at a time that Superman could not tow a planet under his own power and needed the help of Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman... Gladiator could do so under his own power.

Gladiator is far faster than Lobo is, and can fly fast enough and hit hard enough at those speeds that he could put Lobo down with one punch, just like Superman did.

Lobo loses this for more than one reason.

Okay Gladiator claims he can tow a planet, but lets see some actual proof. confused roll eyes (sarcastic) embarrasment ......... Two Captain Marvel could stand his ground against eclipsed Supes b/c he is resistant to magic. However, I will agree with the rest of your logic except for Gladiator being Superior. Lobos strength fluctuates so much with the right artist and writer he could trounce Gladiator. He is a much more ruthless/savage and all around dirty fight than gladiator. So I think it is safe to say it would be a good fight.

namorsubby
Lobo

Enyalus
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
Okay Gladiator claims he can tow a planet, but lets see some actual proof. confused roll eyes (sarcastic) embarrasment .........

The servants of the Living Tribunal say he can, as well. And collapse stars with his bare hands.

LT is omniscient. His servants have to be well informed.

Leobama
Hasn't the Hulk beaten Gladiator before? Not taking sides, just curious.

Stoic
Originally posted by Leobama
Hasn't the Hulk beaten Gladiator before? Not taking sides, just curious.

Yes but the Hulk held a planet together... in fact most incarnations of the Hulk start at less power than he did when shifting a continent, but all have the potential to perform this feat... even exceed it. neither Gladiator, or Lobo increase in power so being beaten by the Hulk isn't really making Gladiator look that bad.

namorsubby
lobo, when portrayed seriously, will hand it to glads.

Stoic
Originally posted by namorsubby
lobo, when portrayed seriously, will hand it to glads.

No offense, but I think you have it backwards the only Lobo that takes this is the toon Lobo, and he is far from being portrayed seriously. Mainstream Lobo.. the one that appears in Superman, or Supergirl comics loses this.

Leobama
Yes but the Hulk held a planet together... in fact most incarnations of the Hulk start at less power than he did when shifting a continent, but all have the potential to perform this feat... even exceed it. neither Gladiator, or Lobo increase in power so being beaten by the Hulk isn't really making Gladiator look that bad. Cool. I was just curious. Ahey, I read something about lobo lifting a box that weighed as much as the universe. Sounds dumb to me, but is this true?

Stoic
it's true, but that version of Lobo could beat Galactus, the Lobo that shares comic space with other heroes is far less powerful. What can I say toon Lobo is above many skyfathers, while mainstrean Lobo is less than Superman, who Gladiator was based on.

Juntai
No offense, but I think you have it backwards the only Lobo that takes this is the toon Lobo, and he is far from being portrayed seriously. Mainstream Lobo.. the one that appears in Superman, or Supergirl comics loses this. That's where you've got it messed up.. The real portrayal of Lobo, is in LOBO comics.

Stoic
Originally posted by Juntai
That's where you've got it messed up.. The real portrayal of Lobo, is in LOBO comics.

If you believe that Lobo is powerful enough to lift an entire universe with one hand, you must also believe that he could beat Darkseid with one finger. Either you believe that Lobo is that powerful all of the time or you don't, are you saying that Lobo can beat Superman without an effort?

According to the way that you are debating for Team Lobo I can only guess that you believe that Lobo could beat a full powered Tyrant, because anyone that could lift an entire universe with one hand is above Tyrant. Or do we go with Lobo's showings in mainstream DC comics? You know, where he struggles to beat Supergirl in an arm wrestling match, or he get's punched once and KO'ed by an eclipsed Superman.

Captain Marvel took a full punch from an ecliped Superman, and the magical resistance crap doesn't stick, an impact is an impact, and Captain Marvel took it far better than Lobo.

As I said before toon Lobo can beat just about anyone, while mainstream Lobo would have trouble keeping up to Marvels Hercules. If this was Superman vs Pagan, why do I get the feeling that you'd claim that the reason why SUperman would win is because he has many more powers than Lunatik? Well guess what? Gladiator makes Lobo look like a one trick pony.

iceman24567
Gladz is a weak Superman rip-off Lobo's clones easily beat him in a stomp.

Kris Blaze
I fail to see how Gladiator's confidence will handle Lobo's constant regeneration.

Stoic
This makes me really believe that Lobo can take Gladiator, I mean he gets hurt by a sledge hammer.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Lobo/LobobeatinLobo2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Lobo/LobobeatinLobo2-2.jpg

iceman24567
Yeah because only Lobo has low showings good way to debate your point. Lobo rips Gladz head off then unfects the entire Shi'ar Empire with an virus that wipes them out just for kicks.

Juntai
This makes me really believe that Lobo can take Gladiator, I mean he gets hurt by a sledge hammer.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Lobo/LobobeatinLobo2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Lobo/LobobeatinLobo2-2.jpg Way to pull out some low showings to help your case. thumb up

Lobo doesn't have the same type of invulnerability as Superman. Neither does Wonder Woman, or even Thor. Who've all been dropped by pretty weak attacks at one point or another, ones that just bounce off of characters of similar invulernability. It doesn't make them any less tough of an opponent. It certainly doesn't make them weak.

iceman24567
His regen makes up for it.

Stoic
Yeah because only Lobo has low showings good way to debate your point. Lobo rips Gladz head off then unfects the entire Shi'ar Empire with an virus that wipes them out just for kicks.

Nope I was just showing how Lobo has far too many ups, and downs. I call his mainstream powerset, the one that Superman can oneshot him, and he has trouble beating Supergirl in an arm wrestling match.

I call Lobo's toon feats when he does things like hold the weight of a universe in one hand... this in fact would make him more powerful than Galactus after eating several hundred planets... should we make a thread with Lobo's toon feats vs Galactus to make a point?

Mainstream Lobo loses, there will be no Shiar loss of life, or anything ridiculous like that. Toon Lobo kills Gladiator along with half of the Marvel Universe.

Stoic
If you believe that Lobo is powerful enough to lift an entire universe with one hand, you must also believe that he could beat Darkseid with one finger. Either you believe that Lobo is that powerful all of the time or you don't, are you saying that Lobo can beat Superman without an effort?

According to the way that you are debating for Team Lobo I can only guess that you believe that Lobo could beat a full powered Tyrant, because anyone that could lift an entire universe with one hand is above Tyrant. Or do we go with Lobo's showings in mainstream DC comics? You know, where he struggles to beat Supergirl in an arm wrestling match, or he get's punched once and KO'ed by an eclipsed Superman.

Captain Marvel took a full punch from an ecliped Superman, and the magical resistance crap doesn't stick, an impact is an impact, and Captain Marvel took it far better than Lobo.

As I said before toon Lobo can beat just about anyone, while mainstream Lobo would have trouble keeping up to Marvels Hercules. If this was Superman vs Pagan, why do I get the feeling that you'd claim that the reason why SUperman would win is because he has many more powers than Lunatik? Well guess what? Gladiator makes Lobo look like a one trick pony.

Juntai
Nope I was just showing how Lobo has far too many ups, and downs. I call his mainstream powerset, the one that Superman can oneshot him, and he has trouble beating Supergirl in an arm wrestling match.

I call Lobo's toon feats when he does things like hold the weight of a universe in one hand... this in fact would make him more powerful than Galactus after eating several hundred planets... should we make a thread with Lobo's toon feats vs Galactus to make a point?

Mainstream Lobo loses, there will be no Shiar loss of life, or anything ridiculous like that. Toon Lobo kills Gladiator along with half of the Marvel Universe. So we associate only the ones you're cool with as acceptable feats, and the ones you don't like are "toon", or unnacceptable? lol.

Lifting a universe is an unquantifiable feat. It's completely badass, and obviously was meant to take a lot of strength... but it's unquantifiable. Dr Fate had a universe inside of his Helmet. I bet trying to fight in that thing is a complete pain.

Stoic
So we associate only the ones you're cool with as acceptable feats, and the ones you don't like are "toon", or unnacceptable? lol.

Lifting a universe is an unquantifiable feat. It's completely badass, and obviously was meant to take a lot of strength... but it's unquantifiable. Dr Fate had a universe inside of his Helmet. I bet trying to fight in that thing is a complete pain.

Lobo lifting a universe with one hand was meant to be a strength feat, you know it and I know it.

It is even stated that Lobo is as powerful as the writer chooses for him to be, these out of the park Lobo appearances are what I call toon Lobo time, and he is often portrayed as being greater than Galactus, and nothing short of a high reality manipulator could take him... you know this and so do I.

As I said before Lobo when measured up to Superman, Captain Marvel, and Supergirl, is the Lobo that I am measuring up against Gladiator... and this Lobo would lose, he'd give him a decent fight, and even take a few depending on how drunk he is, but Gladiator would take the majority, just as Superman would.

Juntai
Lobo lifting a universe with one hand was meant to be a strength feat, you know it and I know it.

It is even stated that Lobo is as powerful as the writer chooses for him to be, these out of the park Lobo appearances are what I call toon Lobo time, and he is often portrayed as being greater than Galactus, and nothing short of a high reality manipulator could take him... you know this and so do I.

As I said before Lobo when measured up to Superman, Captain Marvel, and Supergirl, is the Lobo that I am measuring up against Gladiator... and this Lobo would lose, he'd give him a decent fight, and even take a few depending on how drunk he is, but Gladiator would take the majority, just as Superman would.

Here;

Here'

And
Here;

You're trying to project onto me.

It's pretty clear you have no real debate, you're wishing to pick and choose what feats you think are acceptable or not, nor are you actually debating against me in this thread... you're debating against an arguement you're trying to project onto me.

And Gladiator loses to one trick ponies. Remember Hulk smashing him?

Also, your enitre point of view seems based around him being Superman. Gladiator is not Superman.

Enyalus
Also, your enitre point of view seems based around him being Superman. Gladiator is not Superman.

A 'very confident' Gladiator, as specified in the OP, might as well be.

I'm Bran
Ignoring cloning:

The REAL Lobo that was just recently released from his imprisonment in Hell sexually molests Gladiator in the bum area.

Projected Lobo gets beat.

id369

Superman XX5
Glads

iceman24567

King Castle
gladiator ftw...

Omega Vision
Lobo

Stoic
Here;

Here'

And
Here;

You're trying to project onto me.

It's pretty clear you have no real debate, you're wishing to pick and choose what feats you think are acceptable or not, nor are you actually debating against me in this thread... you're debating against an arguement you're trying to project onto me.

And Gladiator loses to one trick ponies. Remember Hulk smashing him?

No what I was stating is this, Lobo's feats are up and down, he's DC's Squirrel Girl. Most writers take no time at all to study his history; for example, Lobo canonically can no longer clone, this would make absolutely no sense. Let me explain it once again for those who may have missed a couple of steps.

In the 90's before Lobo died and went on to terrorize DC's version of Heaven & Hell, Vril Dox removed his cloning powers. When he came back he was virtually immortal, because neither place would take his soul.

Before Vril Dox removed his cloning power however, there was a clone of him running around the universe, these two met, and fought it out, one of them died. The thing here is that it had to be the clone, because the original lost his cloning powers, and could not effectively be killed. This is the reason why he does not possess this power any longer.

Writers who portray Lobo as having this power are wrong, and should perhaps be barred from writing Lobo in the future until they read up on the characters history. Lobo's ups and downs vary greatly to the point where you walk away scratching your head, with one question. Is this guy street level or Sky Father. I mean how can a guy that can lift a universe in one issue get nearly decked by a human that hits him with a sledge hammer in the next? Doesn't make sense does it?

If this is the Lobo from the L.E.G.I.O.N 9X series he would be a good match for Gladiator but he would lose.

iceman24567
Lobo

"Id"
When did Lobo lift the weight of the universe with one hand? I've been looking for this scan, and I have yet to come across with.

If the scan can't be posted, a comic title + # would be suffice.

Stoic
Originally posted by "Id"
When did Lobo lift the weight of the universe with one hand? I've been looking for this scan, and I have yet to come across with.

If the scan can't be posted, a comic title + # would be suffice.

Before you go thinking that Lobo is truly that badass, just remember that he also broke his hand when he punched Darkseid in the face. Seems kinda suspect if you ask me.

"Id"
Before you go thinking that Lobo is truly that badass, just remember that he also broke his hand when he punched Darkseid in the face. Seems kinda suspect if you ask me.

Gladiator is no Darkseid.

BattleMage

Gladiator 7-8/10 any day of the week!

Prep-Man
Main Man, FTW.

Stoic
Originally posted by "Id"
Gladiator is no Darkseid.

Well then again Superman never broke his hand on D's face, so what does that tell you? Gladiator also destroyed a planet in 3 punches, so it wouldn't be completely out of character for him to beat Lobo into dust. Just saying.

Juntai
No what I was stating is this, Lobo's feats are up and down, he's DC's Squirrel Girl. Most writers take no time at all to study his history; for example, Lobo canonically can no longer clone, this would make absolutely no sense. Let me explain it once again for those who may have missed a couple of steps.

In the 90's before Lobo died and went on to terrorize DC's version of Heaven & Hell, Vril Dox removed his cloning powers. When he came back he was virtually immortal, because neither place would take his soul.

Before Vril Dox removed his cloning power however, there was a clone of him running around the universe, these two met, and fought it out, one of them died. The thing here is that it had to be the clone, because the original lost his cloning powers, and could not effectively be killed. This is the reason why he does not possess this power any longer.

Writers who portray Lobo as having this power are wrong, and should perhaps be barred from writing Lobo in the future until they read up on the characters history. Lobo's ups and downs vary greatly to the point where you walk away scratching your head, with one question. Is this guy street level or Sky Father. I mean how can a guy that can lift a universe in one issue get nearly decked by a human that hits him with a sledge hammer in the next? Doesn't make sense does it?

If this is the Lobo from the L.E.G.I.O.N 9X series he would be a good match for Gladiator but he would lose. None of that had anything to do with what I said. It's also not cool to reply to me 2 years later.

But, I'll clear a bit of this up for you, because I'm feeling nice this morning.

They were writing Lobo as if he had his cloning powers for many years -most of this decade.. However, they just retconned this very recently into a fake Lobo 'possibly' being around since Underworld Unleashed, who actually had cloning powers, and the real Lobo only actually returned during Reign in Hell.

"Id"

Omega Vision
Not only is Gladiator "equal" to Superman but now he's equal to Darkseid?

Smh.

TheHulkster
Lobo.

How is Lobo going to be able to even touch Gladiator?

emu
Originally posted by TheHulkster
How is Lobo going to be able to even touch Gladiator? Same way Lobo touches Superman

(onthepenis)

TheHulkster
Originally posted by emu
Same way Lobo touches Superman

(onthepenis)

Superman only allows such touch. Gladiator is to fast for Lobo.

Zack M
Originally posted by emu
Same way Lobo touches Superman

(onthepenis)

thumb up

Damborgson
I like you Hulkster thumb up you're adding some life to the threads

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
I like you Hulkster thumb up you're adding some life to the threads

thumb up you should start posting again.

Delta1938
Originally posted by TheHulkster
How is Lobo going to be able to even touch Gladiator?

The same way Gladiator gets hit, by all his failed attempts to avoid attacks.

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
thumb up you should start posting again.

Posting to prove a point takes up a surprising amount of time sometimes...

emu
Originally posted by Delta1938
The same way Gladiator gets hit, by all his failed attempts to avoid attacks. Lulz, same as Superman then.

With all his superspeed blitzing powers and all thumb up

DarkSaint85
Lol. Wrong thread to bump, if people are trying to prove a point.

http://i.imgur.com/nnU8v.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oAII2.jpg

Logic does not apply to Lobo.

emu
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol. Wrong thread to bump, if people are trying to prove a point.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/3542284-12.jpg

Logic does not apply to Lobo. Look at DS waltzing in here throwing scans around!

Battlezone me.

DarkSaint85
I'm scared of you.

Delta1938
Originally posted by emu
Lulz, same as Superman then.

With all his superspeed blitzing powers and all thumb up

Oh, guess you missed the other thread. That's the exact reasoning Hulkster has been using to argue against Superman's speed, so I was using his "logic" against him.

emu
Originally posted by Delta1938
Oh, guess you missed the other thread. That's the exact reasoning Hulkster has been using to argue against Superman's speed, so I was using his "logic" against him. You think I'm gonna miss out on a circular argument?

You're crazy thumb down

CosmicComet
Lobo compacted every square foot of a city together into a trash heap the size of a gumball, in seconds.

Since he wasn't some super giant that could scoop the city up all together, it means he did it block by block. That's a high end speed.

What that number comes out to, I don't know.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Damborgson
Posting to prove a point takes up a surprising amount of time sometimes... Most salient post of the year.

Horrificus
"Top Lobo" does the impossible on a regular basis.

All showings of Gladiator have him struggling to reach, or keep that point where he consistantly has enough confidence to hang with "top dogs".

He's weak in the head. He's a weak character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.