S03E14 - A Clear and Present Danger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

TBA

Volume 4 - "Fugitives" Teaser

b-xEhd5Igxs

"A Clear and Present Danger" Preview

q-iugBZB-vw

Discuss...

S_D_J
The description isn't available and will be included as it is released

The name of the episode could change as well....

I must admit I'm excited about this coming Volume, the preview makes it look good, and with Fuller returning, the show has still hope to get back to its former glory

Here's hoping it happens... thumb up

S_D_J
Advance Review by IGN:

Captain REX
I suppose I will take that as relatively good news!

S_D_J
It does sound good...

and the promo looks good as well

-"Work Together" promo
-SWouNDllaU

we can only hope for the best now big grin

Here are some sneek peeks:

-Claire and Angela talk about the future... and Sylar
ZJ39ygE-M10

-Claire warns Peter about Angela and Nathan
XiuSrONJ1Qk

-Peter finds Mohinder
B_ZkIuAGAwU

-Claire warns Matt
4etBLL26h4w

-Peter confronts Nathan
HAno2I9qsQo

Behind the scenes
UyB1jz7-9QQ

Interview with the cast:
_JdVGyof8ps

Alkaselzer
Intriguing!

starlock
I dont find myself really interested......i think the show still has some aspects that could get me hooked again,but this is not one of them.maybe if i am not reading my favorite book..and i dont have anything to do.....maybe i will watch it...but the days of anticipating each episode are gone

Quincy
I didn't realize when it was coming back until last night.

Will I watch it? I don't know man. I wasn't a fan of villains...but a fresh start? Or will it be more empty promises from the heroes writers?

S_D_J
the show seems to be off to a good start... the problem seems to be the writers and their inconsistency...

...until around episode 18 it seems...

Captain REX
That review is promising, as are the clips. The premise seems more fitting and they seem to be going back somewhat to how the Explosion Future was, where President Nathan was rounding up evolved humans (though that was Sylar, but he said Nathan had turned against the evolved humans long before Sylar killed him).

Strangelove
I just finished watching it. Seems like a real return to form.

Quincy
Not too shabby heroes.

Anti-Monitor
WTF....Bennet working with Nathan...how did that happen?

Booyeah..Sylar So kicked those guys asses.

I really like this storyline.

Now we know Peters real power.

Good EP.

Captain REX
Only thing that bothered me was that Peter needs to touch to gain powers now. Rogue FTW... Everything else was pretty superb.

starlock
A good episode.i guess..i am not thrilled with it though..

Mohinder having powers(even in the previous half of the season) and being thrown into the mix is a little much,i dont think giving him powers feels right..it feels forced and an excuse to keep him involved

Peter having to touch people now?...and he seemed to know it?

Peter getting set up by his brother..and falling for it!

Claire is all over the place..well she is a teenager..so..?

A 50 year old man gets hit by a car door(being swung by a strength enhanced Mohinder)...goes flying 20 feet..spinning in the air.....and is still walking....this guy better have powers!

Parkman is now the resident seer ..painting the future...ugghhh!

Sylar feels old and used..wasted time i.m.o

Might be nitpicking...but with this shows past performance.....i see a slippery slope ahead..i am intrigued

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Captain REX
Only thing that bothered me was that Peter needs to touch to gain powers now. Rogue FTW... Everything else was pretty superb. I don't remember peter ever touching Ted

Anti-Monitor
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I don't remember peter ever touching Ted

He got the ejection with a power, that gave him this. But everyone assumed it was flying that he got but he touched Nate than flew away later. Good job from Pete for hiding his real power from Nate.

What I want to know is how Bennet is working with Nate?

Quincy
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
What I want to know is how Bennet is working with Nate?

It's probably to "protect claire"

Which is a good idea for HRG's motivations, seeing as how that has yet to determine any of his actions at all during the course of the series.

Alkaselzer
I don't think Mohinder feels forced now that he is just hiding out and not trying to cure his monstrousness.

Also, Peter didn't get set up. I think Nathan got into his apartment, because Peter went home and was like 'Ugh, what are you doing here?' from what I could tell. Nathan kinda seemed to apologize for being there early or something.

I don't like that Peter has to touch. It was another way to tone him down.

AlmightyKfish
Why the hell was Peter holding on for dear life in the plane?

HE CAN FLY!!

That bothered me.

Also, Claire just annoys me now. Let someone good be the hero, she's just gotten lame. Especially that line about an unscheduled landing or something.

But, an improvement from V3, even if we are only 1 episode in.

I'm optimistic.

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Why the hell was Peter holding on for dear life in the plane?

HE CAN FLY!!

That bothered me.

No, he CAN'T fly. He can only hold one power at a time. That's why he touched Mohinder and was kicking ass with Mohinder's strength. Once he touched Nicky(or whatever her character's name is now) he lost that power and started to get HIS ass kicked and then he touched the plane's wall and it turned into ice with HER power. That's the drawback. Only Sylar hold multiple powers now.

Anti-Monitor
What he said.

Captain REX
Are we sure that that is how the power works?

S_D_J
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
No, he CAN'T fly. He can only hold one power at a time. That's why he touched Mohinder and was kicking ass with Mohinder's strength. Once he touched Nicky(or whatever her character's name is now) he lost that power and started to get HIS ass kicked and then he touched the plane's wall and it turned into ice with HER power. That's the drawback. Only Sylar hold multiple powers now.

That's exactly what happened... so we can only asume that's how his power works now... and that's why he was holding on to his life, cuz he couldn't fly

... now whether or not it works just like Rogue's power it's unclear... cuz Mohinder hold him and the "sparks" didn't fly off... so I could asume he conciously has to absorb the power in order to use it.

I first I didn't like it, but now that I think about it it's the best way to keep the character around with a power, rather than to kill him off or completely take his power away... he was way too powerful for his own good

...Now that only leaves all powerful Sylar who will gather other mutants to fight the powerless human in a battle for evolution and survival of the fitest.... and he will call himself Sparkman.... Magneto is already taken... big grin

Edit: btw Rex, could please add the synopsis to the thread's starter post

just to be consistent with previous threads big grin

Darth Vicious
Not a bad episode but the whole people with powers being persecuted and rounded up in camps have been done for far too long on X-men. I wonder if a giant hunter robot will show up during the season.

The whole HGR thing seems repetitive. I wonder how much control Peter has over his powers. Was anybody else expecting him or Tracy to cover the whole in the plane with his/her ice powers like me?

I wonder if the rating will sink lower now that 24 is back on. I for one will not pick Heroes over 24.

Mairuzu
I didn't think he was gonna cover up the whole plane with ice no

I figured someone was gonna bump into it an cause it to break

but it just did it on its own ermm

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I didn't think he was gonna cover up the whole plane with ice no

I figured someone was gonna bump into it an cause it to break

but it just did it on its own ermm

I didnt mean the whole plane. Just the whole that blew up.

Elite Hunter
I wonder what (if he has one) power the Hunter has, if I recall correctly he got back to Mohinder, HRG and Nathan pretty fast after Mohinder hit him with the door.

S_D_J
I actually expect him to not have any power at all

... kinda like Striker big grin

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I didnt mean the whole plane. Just the whole that blew up. you knew.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.