Link vs Ike

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lethal Rogue
Would link, from legend of zelda, or Ike, from Fire Emblem win in a fight?

ScreamPaste
Which Link? There are multiple :P

My brother's a huge FE fan and we had this discussion last month, so this should be interesting to see, though I'm doubting many people pick Link, he doesn't evne have his own respect thread, yet Zelda and Ganon and MIDNA do..

I say Link. Any restrictions you want to set up before the ball gets rolling?

Lethal Rogue
hm... TP link. Anything goes.

General Kaliero
TP Link takes down Ike easy.

Too strong and too skilled.

Wei Phoenix
Is this end of RD Ike? Also what are some TP feats for Link?

Wei Phoenix
Actually I think POR Ike is stronger, well he was faster in game. Aether could really mess Link up but I'm not going to make a definite decision until I see some TP feats.

Lethal Rogue
TP
Defeated:
A giant pirrahna plant
A giant lava monster
A sea monster
A giant skeleton monster
A giant spider
An ice monster thing
A dragon
And 4 different forms of Ganondorf

Wei Phoenix
Ike defeated a mad king and a Goddess, he also beat hte Black Knight once who was the greatest swordsman in their world and was unbeatable. Ragnell is also probably stronger than the Master Sword, but that can be debated. Aether would also be an incredibly gay move for Ike to use. He would steal Link's energy and restore his own health while cancelling out his defense. He learned this move after getting some blessed item from that chick in the first one.

Lethal Rogue
wow, that's pretty cool. This is a good match.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Lethal Rogue
wow, that's pretty cool. This is a good match.

Yeah it is. Neither combatant will get stomped. They each have their own advantages.

Versatility- Obviously Link
Speed- POR Ike if he is being used, Link otherwise
Strength- Easily Ike without accessories. He effortlessly swings a two-handed sword with one hand.
Sword skill- Hard to say but I'm going to lean towards Ike seeing as he has been training his entire life and has defeated the Black Knight, and was trained by his father who was also the best swordsman before he cut his palms so he could never use a sword again.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Yeah it is. Neither combatant will get stomped. They each have their own advantages.

Versatility- Obviously Link
Speed- POR Ike if he is being used, Link otherwise
Strength- Easily Ike without accessories. He effortlessly swings a two-handed sword with one hand.
Sword skill- Hard to say but I'm going to lean towards Ike seeing as he has been training his entire life and has defeated the Black Knight, and was trained by his father who was also the best swordsman before he cut his palms so he could never use a sword again.

Versatility- I'd have to agree there in general. Link has a too many items to be considered anything less. Assuming Link gets more than his sword of course.

Speed- I haven't played PoR in a while, but I will say that most of TP Link's speed feats aren't beyond humanly possible, but he does have pretty good agility. That said, I know FE characters can be pretty nimble feats-wise.

Stregth-Pretty much Ike, yeah. That said, TP Link has a few dece strength feats, so I wouldn't put it too far in Ike's favor, unless I'm missing a few of Ike's strength feats.

Skill- To be fair on the subject of sword skill, I remember Ragnell being able to penetrate the Black Knight's armor because it was blessed by divine forces like BK's armor, as is the Master Sword one of the 2 or so known weapons capable of vanquishing Ganondorf who is virtually immortal otherwise. As for overall skill, Link has used many more weapons than Ike has, and is presumably proficient with them.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Which Link? There are multiple :P

My brother's a huge FE fan and we had this discussion last month, so this should be interesting to see, though I'm doubting many people pick Link, he doesn't evne have his own respect thread, yet Zelda and Ganon and MIDNA do.

That's just ben fixed.

And you're damn right Midna has a respect thread.

General Kaliero
Versatility - Link's trump card.

Speed - Ike probably gets speed. Link isn't very fast without Epona.

Strength - I really think TP Link gets this. He throws Gorons around, creatures that have been said to be living rock. The Iron Boots just give him the stability to not get shoved around by all that mass.

Skill - I have to give this to Link, too. He just learns so many moves and attacks with such efficiency that there isn't any other choice.

Lethal Rogue
I think I would have to hand this to link, just because he has so many skills and weapons.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Versatility - Link's trump card.

Speed - Ike probably gets speed. Link isn't very fast without Epona.

Strength - I really think TP Link gets this. He throws Gorons around, creatures that have been said to be living rock. The Iron Boots just give him the stability to not get shoved around by all that mass.

Skill - I have to give this to Link, too. He just learns so many moves and attacks with such efficiency that there isn't any other choice.

Was that strength feat with some gauntlets?

The one thing that Ike has over him in this fight is experience. Link usually fights monsters and beasts and he has only fought Ganondorf with a sword. Ike fights dragons, lion/tiger laguz, kilvas, spearman, generals, warrior kings, a goddess and so on. Main point is that Ike has much more experience fighting humans while Link doesn't. He has offensive and defensive skills and once again Aether will be extremely hard for Link to counter. Ike has been training in the art of the sword for so long and he has been trained by one of the best swordsman who happens to be his father.

In the end this is how I see it.

Sword only Ike for the great majority.

all out including link's gadgets and stuff then Link for slim majority.

General Kaliero
Was that strength feat with some gauntlets?

The one thing that Ike has over him in this fight is experience. Link usually fights monsters and beasts and he has only fought Ganondorf with a sword. Ike fights dragons, lion/tiger laguz, kilvas, spearman, generals, warrior kings, a goddess and so on. Main point is that Ike has much more experience fighting humans while Link doesn't. He has offensive and defensive skills and once again Aether will be extremely hard for Link to counter. Ike has been training in the art of the sword for so long and he has been trained by one of the best swordsman who happens to be his father.

In the end this is how I see it.

Sword only Ike for the great majority.

all out including link's gadgets and stuff then Link for slim majority.
No special gauntlets, Link by himself is capable of such strength feats.

As for your claim that Ike has superior experience because he has fought more humans, I find that patently ridiculous. Link routinely fights humanoids of nearly every form imaginable, and the sheer variety of enemies he's faced has more than prepared him for any melee tactic Ike could throw at him.

Link was also trained by a legendary swordsman, one of the greatest, if not the greatest, to ever live in Hyrule.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by General Kaliero
No special gauntlets, Link by himself is capable of such strength feats.

As for your claim that Ike has superior experience because he has fought more humans, I find that patently ridiculous. Link routinely fights humanoids of nearly every form imaginable, and the sheer variety of enemies he's faced has more than prepared him for any melee tactic Ike could throw at him.

Link was also trained by a legendary swordsman, one of the greatest, if not the greatest, to ever live in Hyrule.

What swordsmen did he fight in TP? Also I don't think that Link would be prepared for Aether. Ike also fights armies with only like 12 people at most accompanying him and he has fought armies with like only 5-8 people helping him. Ike can als fire projectiles at him with his sword although it would benefit him more to keep this up close. Either way this would be a nice fight.

General Kaliero
What swordsmen did he fight in TP? Also I don't think that Link would be prepared for Aether. Ike also fights armies with only like 12 people at most accompanying him and he has fought armies with like only 5-8 people helping him. Ike can als fire projectiles at him with his sword although it would benefit him more to keep this up close. Either way this would be a nice fight.
Bulblin, Stalfos, Dynafols, Lizalfos, Aeralfos, Darknuts, ReDeads, the Death Sword, Zant himself, Zelda's body possessed by Ganon, and finally Ganondorf himself. And all but the last four multiple times, and in many cases, in packs.

Ike has fought armies with little aid; Link has fought armies with no aid, the most stand-out moments of that being a charge into a Bulblin military installation in the Gerudo Desert, and his attack on Hyrule Castle.

It would be a good fight, but in the end Link will win.

MadMel
you're forgetting his clint eastwood style assault on the forgotten city stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Originally posted by MadMel
you're forgetting his clint eastwood style assault on the forgotten city stick out tongue
Thank you very much. That too. happy

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by MadMel
you're forgetting his clint eastwood style assault on the Hidden Village stick out tongue

Fixed.

MadMel
same diff stick out tongue

First_Tsurugi06
Not same enough http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/131.gif

ScreamPaste
W00t, Link is seeign some love! =D Finally, haha. I too am gonna give this to Link. Sword skills are debatable, but ultimately comparable.

I think Link is stronge,r throwing a goddamn Goron the size of a house? Epic. Ike has feats aswell, but the way the games are set up (tactical combat) probably hinder the ability to display them.

Agility, debatable, FE is tactical combat so it's really wierd to judge.

I think Link will win though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.