Who could play the next Joker?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wil Deidara
Out of all of the actors that you know of, who can play the next Joker?

BruceSkywalker
No one is going to play The Joker unless Chris Nolan changes his mind

SnakeEyes
I hope there's not another Joker in the Nolan franchise. I'd be fine with a different take on the character in a different Batman film, but it'd suck to have someone imitating Heath's performance. I doubt Nolan would want that either.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I hope there's not another Joker in the Nolan franchise. I'd be fine with a different take on the character in a different Batman film, but it'd suck to have someone imitating Heath's performance. I doubt Nolan would want that either.

QFT

Anti-Monitor
Chris Rock or Tucker.

SnakeEyes
You're hilarious.

Wil Deidara
I was thinking of Colin Ferrell

Silent Guardian
okay I am sure other people could give good or great interpretations of the joker but this has been answered already.

Davis Bloome
Johnny Depp, James Franco, Daniel Day Lewis, or Joseph Gordon Levitt. However, if Nolan did change his mind and decide to recast, he'd likely go with someone unexpected as with Ledger and not any of the popular choices, which I wouldn't mind. I trust in Nolan.

steverules_2
I swear there's more than one thread about this

SamZED
I dont see anyone imitating him either. I think Joker could be a mastermind behind some evil plan even though he's in jail. In that case they wont even need to show him. Just some guy sitting in his cell in shadows. Imitating Ledger's voice is better than imitating his performance.

Davis Bloome
That'd be a stupid move. When people want the Joker, they want to see him. If it's going to be a cameo or just a guy in the shadows, there's no point. Besides that, it's been shown that almost nothing is consistent with the Joker's personality, so the actor wouldn't even have to imitate Heath's performance, and would be free to bring something new to the table.

SamZED
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
That'd be a stupid move. When people want the Joker, they want to see him. If it's going to be a cameo or just a guy in the shadows, there's no point. Besides that, it's been shown that almost nothing is consistent with the Joker's personality, so the actor wouldn't even have to imitate Heath's performance, and would be free to bring something new to the table. Im not saying that a guy in the shadows should be the only villain of the movie. There should be someone else, like Riddler, a new story etc etc Joker could just appear at the end of the story to remind Batman that he's not gone. He could be behind the story somehow.

Davis Bloome
I know that's not what you're saying but the Joker is too much of a visually appealing villain to only be behind the scenes for every new movie coming out.

SamZED
True. Its just I hate that he wont ever appear again in the movies..

Davis Bloome
What? Even if he doesn't appear again in this franchise he'll be in the next. It's not as if we'll never see the character again. Besides, Batman has a ton of other awesome villains to be used if the Joker doesn't return.

TheVapor
Exactly, like:
The Penguin-not the main villain, just a mob boss who hires a few goons, or as someone suggested before, be Batman's insider to the mob scene.

The Riddler-Hired to find out Batman's true identity. Forces Batman to solve some puzzles that are meant to entrap him in some way.

Talia Al Ghul-If she were to appear, she'd be running the show with a few hired assassins working for her.

Firefly-Either a hired hand, or working alone, he would be interesting but probably not the main villain

Poison Ivy-A bio-terrorist

Mad Hatter-filling in the possible gap of insanity left behind with no Joker. wink No mind control hats, though. Just hats that serve other mechanical functions.

The Reaper-We've already seen Batman clones who carried guns and were ready to kill, so would it be too far a stretch to see one of them become a completely unique vigilante?

Juk3n
To the OP, Brandon Lee -r.i.p- would have been a good alternate to Heath as Joker.

But as for actors today, Probably only Danny Day Lewis imo could pull off a good take on the Joker.

Raoul

works for me.

Davis Bloome
Originally posted by Juk3n
To the OP, Brandon Lee -r.i.p- would have been a good alternate to Heath as Joker.

But as for actors today, Probably only Danny Day Lewis imo could pull off a good take on the Joker.

I love Brandon Lee, and thought he was just awesome, but I doubt he'd be able to fill Heath's shoes. Also, Daniel Day Lewis isn't the only person who'd be able to pull off a great performance with the Joker. Think of Johnny Depp, or James Franco, who are both versatile actors.

siriuswriter
this generation has had its' Joker, and he was heath ledger. the last generation had its' own Joker, and he was jack nicholson.

so pretty much we need to be looking at kid-teen actors for the next Joker. that is, if he's appeared on the scene yet.

Davis Bloome
We could have two Joker's of this generation, and I don't think a lot of people would mind if the actor is incredibly talented, but if the Joker doesn't appear, I won't complain. I've got two great performances to watch between Jack Nicholson & Heath Ledger.

And one last thing I'd like to add; I'd love to be the Joker of the next generation if I'm as good an actor as I want to be.

lord xyz
Johnny Depp, but that's a stretch, or some impressionist/actor.

Davis Bloome
Idk if Depp would do it since he wants to do the Riddler, but it'd be interesting to see, no less.

steverules_2
How about this guy awesome

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg185/JMoney140/pic062009_2.jpg

And no it's not me sly

Davis Bloome
And the point behind posting my pic was.....?

steverules_2
cause you put make up on to look like joker and this thread asks who the next joker could be so i showed the picture

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.