Majel Barrett passes away aged 76

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raoul
There is very sad news today in the Star Trek world. Majel Barrett-Roddenberry, widow of Gene and known to fans as Nurse Chapel, the original Number One, Lwaxana Troi, and of course the voice of just about every Federation computer in every show and movie, has passed away at age 76. She had been fighting leukemia for some years, evidently, and unfortunately died of complications from the disease early this morning in California.

http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2008/12/majel-barrett-r.html

credit to bruce for giving me the heads up...

BruceSkywalker
She'll be missed..

Ironically her last role is that she is the computer voice J.J.'S Trek movie

Shakyamunison
sad

darthmaul1
That movie will have at the beginning
In loving memory of Majel Barrett
sad
At least her and Gene are together again.

Ahnold
This is very sad news indeed - the "first lady" of Star Trek is now sadly no longer with us ...

I was, however, pleased to hear that she had indeed completed work on JJ Abrams' "Star Trek" before her passing; after lending her vocals to every single incarnation of Star Trek that's ever been produced, it just wouldn't have been the same to hear someone else voicing the Enterprise's computer. I guess she was one of the only things that linked together all the various TV series and films, and she'll be hugely missed by the fans. RIP.

starlock
May she rest in peace.

TricksterPriest
sad I liked Lwaxana Troi. She was a really fun character. Majel did more than almost anyone to keep Roddenbury's legacy alive. She will be missed. salute

Badabing
What a shame she passed away. sad

tom_servo
Majel and Ricardo both in the same week / month ? Damn.

Jack Daniels
wow hope shatner is doing well...spock will live a couple hundred years not sweating him...seriously though may she rest in peace and if your works in this life really follow you then you will make us all be happy in the next... goodbye sleep sleep well c-ya soon!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.