Batman Vs The Lizard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

namorsubby
who wins?

Starscream M
tough one

i'd say lizard for the majority

iceman24567
Batman has his gear? If so he wins

Mindset
I don't know about that.

namorsubby
i think curt tears bats a new one.

tkitna
Batman should win everytime. To many gadgets.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
I don't know about that. But you don't even know how to tie your shoes

occultdestroyer
Pure H2H with no gear and prep for Bats, The Lizard 7/10

With the gear and prep, Bats 8/10

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
But you don't even know how to tie your shoes I don't wear shoes, you carry me around on your back you serf!

Apolloknight
Batman has his gear? If so he wins

namorsubby
Originally posted by tkitna
Batman should win everytime. To many gadgets. he doesn't have the speed to effectively utilize those gadges......besides all of his weapon are non-lethal and not neccesarily suitable for such a threat. spidey level agility/speed and the savagery to make the best of it along with bullet-proof skin, an awesome healing factor, and 12 ton strength spells death for batman me thinks. and the fact that he also is currently highly intellgent and not just a savage beast is just icing on bruce's cake of despair.

iceman24567
Batman can't tag the Lizard with his gadgets? Thats crazy talk he tags super humans with enhanced speed all the time. Man-bat is a perfect example he's super fast and strong and he can even fly Batman has tagged him plenty times with his gadgets.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by namorsubby
he doesn't have the speed to effectively utilize those gadges......besides all of his weapon are non-lethal and not neccesarily suitable for such a threat. spidey level agility/speed and the savagery to make the best of it along with bullet-proof skin, an awesome healing factor, and 12 ton strength spells death for batman me thinks. and the fact that he also is currently highly intellgent and not just a savage beast is just icing on bruce's cake of despair.

Batman may not be as fast but he is fast enough. His suit can take a few blows also (not that I think Lizard will be that close).

Batman has too many options to take Lizard down; and a scientific genius and a tactic genius are 2 different types of intelligence.

namorsubby
Batman can't tag the Lizard with his gadgets? Thats crazy talk he tags super humans with enhanced speed all the time. Man-bat is a perfect example he's super fast and strong and he can even fly Batman has tagged him plenty times with his gadgets. the thing is, lizard is not simply a superhuman with superspeed. he's a superhuman with a level of superhuman speed that rivals spider-man's despite his spidersense.

KO gas. ice pellets. pretty much all bats has on hand that may stop the lizard. but really all it takes is one slash of the hand or whip of the tail to permanantly end this for bats.

Apolloknight
the thing is, lizard is not simply a superhuman with superspeed. he's a superhuman with a level of superhuman speed that rivals spider-man's despite his spidersense.

And spidermans speed gets WTF pwnd by street guys 6 times a week.

So what is your point?

namorsubby
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Batman may not be as fast but he is fast enough. His suit can take a few blows also (not that I think Lizard will be that close).

Batman has too many options to take Lizard down; and a scientific genius and a tactic genius are 2 different types of intelligence. just how many options does he have? lizard's durability/healing factor leave him very few.

his skin is bulletproof, but let's say bats manages to penetrate it........the wound heals up in seconds and the lizard is undetered......then what?

now let's consider concussive force. what can bats really do to incapacitate him? spidey with his 10 ton strength has hurt his hands punching the lizard, on several occasions.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Apolloknight
And spidermans speed gets WTF pwnd by street guys 6 times a week.

So what is your point? simply not true.

my point is, spidey is barnone the most agile there is according to feats. and no street leveler rivals his agility, despite whther the have a few good showings with him. there's still many others to go by. showings in which he moves in a way they simply cannot or reacts faster than capable of any human, even peak. or showings where he outmanuevers opponents with speed far above those of any street leveler.

iceman24567
the thing is, lizard is not simply a superhuman with superspeed. he's a superhuman with a level of superhuman speed that rivals spider-man's despite his spidersense.

KO gas. ice pellets. pretty much all bats has on hand that may stop the lizard. but really all it takes is one slash of the hand or whip of the tail to permanantly end this for bats. You underestimate the Bat suit he has taken shots from much stronger people than the Lizard and Batman has beaten Clayface with his gadgets and Clayface >> the Lizard.

namorsubby
clayface does > lizard, but that is irrelevant. it's his powerset. and lizard has no freeze pellets or hardening agents to utilize against him.

i'd never under-estimate batman or his suit, but 12 tons of lizard tail to the face is putting him down for good.along with one slash of his claws in the right area.

I'm Bran
Batman

iceman24567
clayface does > lizard, but that is irrelevant. it's his powerset. and lizard has no freeze pellets or hardening agents to utilize against him.

i'd never under-estimate batman or his suit, but 12 tons of lizard tail to the face is putting him down for good.along with one slash of his claws in the right area. Well then you underestimate how fast Batman can throw his gadgets. The Lizard will either be frozen, on fire or electrocuted plus batman has dodged gunfire from point blank and I doubt Batman would let I'm get close for claw slashing. Batgear > most low level metas even some high tier ones.

Mindset
Only thing that would stop Lizard would be being frozen, of the ones you mentioned, that is.

cloud102
Batman can work miracles around these fights, but realistically, Lizard should take the majority.

namorsubby
let him get close enough? bats doesn't have a choice in the matter i'm afraid. if spidey can't effectively evade him most of the time, then bats certainly can't.

cloud102
let him get close enough? bats doesn't have a choice in the matter i'm afraid. if spidey can't effectively evade him most of the time, then bats certainly can't.

The thing is, Batman has evaded foes on the level of the Lizard. I remember Batman dodging a super-human alien that was in Gotham. Batman admitted that he should have died, but can "move without thinking" thus dodging most of it's attacks. Or something to that effect. So it's not the first time Bats has gone up against a meta and won.

I'm Bran
Batman beats him into a coma.

No gadgets required.

iceman24567
Yes Batman can stop him like I said he tags metas with super speed all the time a couple smoke grenades and flash bangs should stun the Lizard then he can freeze his ass and Batkick to the head for the win.

cloud102
Batman breaks his hands just trying to get a hold of him! wink

Zack Fair
Spite. The Lizard has no defense against the batkick.

namorsubby
Originally posted by cloud102
The thing is, Batman has evaded foes on the level of the Lizard. I remember Batman dodging a super-human alien that was in Gotham. Batman admitted that he should have died, but can "move without thinking" thus dodging most of it's attacks. Or something to that effect. So it's not the first time Bats has gone up against a meta and won. i'm aware that batman has beaten metas, but i fail to see how any of his attributes justifies a win against lizard.

and bats may dodge superhumans, but this isn't the same. he has a level of agility/speed that is just too much for batman to handle.

1.i'm not sure if any of that stuff would have a dibilitating effect on lizard.
A. so bats is really gonna have time to reach into his belt, perhaps a few times, and then throw these things accurately at the lizard before he can attack bats and fast enough so that this character of spidey level speed/agility can't dodge it? lol......not to mention that tail which gives him a bit of range
B. those remedies would proabably have a better chance of working against a savage lizard who really wouldn't bother dodging too much, but here the probabilty is slim to none, even without considering the speed in which he could get to bats.

2.batman doesn't possess the level of strength needed to physically KO the lizard. he's too durable. 10 ton class characters hurt their hands on his face but bats will KO him with a kick? lol

I'm Bran
Originally posted by cloud102
Batman breaks his hands just trying to get a hold of him! wink He breaks Lizard's hands just trying to get a hold of him?

Slow down Billy.

I don't think Batman could do it that easily.

psycho gundam
ice pellets for the win, lizard's reptilian physiology would make extreme low temperature exposure extra effective. (reptiles slow down under lower temperatures)

sure batman would get injured in a straight up fight, but like someone else said before, he beat man-bat who is almost the same character lizard is stat wise. (just a different animal)

namorsubby
Originally posted by psycho gundam
ice pellets for the win, lizard's reptilian physiology would make extreme low temperature exposure extra effective. (reptiles slow down under lower temperatures)

sure batman would get injured in a straight up fight, but like someone else said before, he beat man-bat who is almost the same character lizard is stat wise. (just a different animal) man-bat is the almost the same character????

batman beat 31 highly-trained ras ninja manbats before.....come on.

lizard>>>>manbat

bats is not reaching his belt, taking something out, and throwing it before lizard can attack, period. how could he even throw the pellet fast enough to hit lizard if he does get it out? can he throw it faster than a bullet? or too fast that lizard can't dodge it?

Silent Guardian
The Lizard should win, but if this fight takes place in a Bat book or the DC universe Bats would win. Batman wins all the time in the DC universe even when it is unrealistic and highly unlikely. Also he has a similar foe in killer croc, even though I think The Lizzard is tougher.

StiltmanFTW
The Lizard is definitely tougher than Killer Croc (even if we're talking about Jim Lee's version). This fact wouldn't help much in a fight against Bruce though.

Gadgets for the win.

Stoic
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
The Lizard should win, but if this fight takes place in a Bat book or the DC universe Bats would win. Batman wins all the time in the DC universe even when it is unrealistic and highly unlikely. Also he has a similar foe in killer croc, even though I think The Lizzard is tougher.

I completely agree with you Lizard should beat Batman without a problem, and most of the time if not all of the time that Batman beats a meta it's due to CIS.

If Batman didn't win most of the time against guys that should realistically turn him into fish bait most people would just plain out stop buying his comics.

Lizard has the speed, the strength, and natural offensive abilities advantage on Batman. Realistically if a man was hit by a kodiak bear it would almost always result in a one hit kill and on average a kodiak can put 900 lbs behind a hit... the Lizard would hit far harder than this.

Realistically this thread is more spite than anything else if we remove CIS from the equation.

Lizard ftw.

Leobama
Originally posted by Stoic
I completely agree with you Lizard should beat Batman without a problem, and most of the time if not all of the time that Batman beats a meta it's due to CIS.

If Batman didn't win most of the time against guys that should realistically turn him into fish bait most people would just plain out stop buying his comics.

Lizard has the speed, the strength, and natural offensive abilities advantage on Batman. Realistically if a man was hit by a kodiak bear it would almost always result in a one hit kill and on average a kodiak can put 900 lbs behind a hit... the Lizard would hit far harder than this.

Realistically this thread is more spite than anything else if we remove CIS from the equation.

Lizard ftw. Well played, sir. Well played. I agree 100%. Lizard ftw.

iceman24567
man-bat is the almost the same character????

batman beat 31 highly-trained ras ninja manbats before.....come on.

lizard>>>>manbat

bats is not reaching his belt, taking something out, and throwing it before lizard can attack, period. how could he even throw the pellet fast enough to hit lizard if he does get it out? can he throw it faster than a bullet? or too fast that lizard can't dodge it? Batgear >> Lizard.

Philosophía
Originally posted by I'm Bran
He breaks Lizard's hands just trying to get a hold of him?

Slow down Billy.

I don't think Batman could do it that easily.

laughing out loud

Warrior18

Lizard ftw.

Realistically you say? It's comics............

iceman24567
Originally posted by Warrior18
Realistically you say? It's comics............ Yeah i didn't get his post at all so realistically the Lizard wins ...so... eek!

Stoic
Yeah i didn't get his post at all so realistically the Lizard wins ...so... eek!

Was it really difficult for you to understand what I typed out? Would you like me to go slower for you so that you can understand? Should I just repost... yeah you know what that's what I'll do just for you... then you can analyze why an unremarkable human male top martial artist that engages in intensive regular excercise has no reason of being in a vs thread against a guy that can bench press his mansion.

Lizard ftw.

Do you get it now?

iceman24567
Was it really difficult for you to understand what I typed out? Would you like me to go slower for you so that you can understand? Should I just repost... yeah you know what that's what I'll do just for you... then you can analyze why an unremarkable human male top martial artist that engages in intensive regular excercise has no reason of being in a vs thread against a guy that can bench press his mansion.

Do you get it now? Slower? Did you type slower? Once again i don't get eek!

Warrior18

..............because that particular unremarkable human and others like him have consistently been shown throughout their careers to be able to take on, survive and at times even best much more physically superior foes. It's what they do because they are fictional heroes and because it is comics and not real life. Ergo real life physics,certainties etc go out of the widow and we base our opinions on the respective character's feats, not just what we personally feel should happen.

smile

I-Drop
Pure H2H with no gear and prep for Bats, The Lizard 10/10

With the gear and prep, Bats 10/10

StiltmanFTW
^co-signed

Stoic
..............because that particular unremarkable human and others like him have consistently been shown throughout their careers to be able to take on, survive and at times even best much more physically superior foes. It's what they do because they are fictional heroes and because it is comics and not real life. Ergo real life physics,certainties etc go out of the widow and we base our opinions on the respective character's feats, not just what we personally feel should happen.

smile

Yes and once again those would be CIS related comic events, it's sort of like Captain America knocking the Hulk out with a punch when Juggernaut couldn't.

Batman is a regular dude that runs around in tights, he is more suited for fighting thugs that rob banks, but the moment that he starts beating guys that can pick up trucks, and throw them up the street, or guys that are faster, and more agile it becomes CIS.

In forum battles that kind of thing just doesn't stick. Face it Batman's chances of beating a super strong character in a forum battle is the same chance that he would have against a Max Lord controlled Superman in a comic book.... no chance at all.

If the Lizard can hit Spiderman who is far faster than Batman, and also can sense danger chances are great that this guy can hit Batman... and all it would take is one hit to kill him.

Stoic
Originally posted by I-Drop
Pure H2H with no gear and prep for Bats, The Lizard 10/10

With the gear and prep, Bats 10/10

There's no prep here.

Batman vs The Lizard, who wins?

Batman loses this so badly the Lizard would make it look like a Friday the 13th movie, and Bruce would be one of those helpless chicks.

StiltmanFTW
One explosive batarang and Lizard is finished...

Warrior18
Yes and once again those would be CIS related comic events, it's sort of like Captain America knocking the Hulk out with a punch when Juggernaut couldn't.

In forum battles that kind of thing just doesn't stick. Face it Batman's chances of beating a super strong character in a forum battle is the same chance that he would have against a Max Lord controlled Superman in a comic book.... no chance at all.

If the Lizard can hit Spiderman who is far faster than Batman, and also can sense danger this guy hit Batman... and all it would take is one hit to kill him.

1.Lol. Guys such as Bats and Cap beating down chaps such as the Lizard is a world away from them beating down uber power houses such as the Hulk etc.

2. Again no. Batman when he does beat physically superior foes does it through guile, cunning,gadgets etc. I'm not on about him beating power houses. The Lizard is not Superman.

3.Again no it won't take one hit to kill him. He has regularly been shown to get belted by foes much stronger than he is and survive. Clearly DC (and Marvel) view such humans as being capable of sustaining a certain amount of damage inflicted upon them by such foes. It's comics.

Warrior18

Batman is a regular dude that runs around in tights, he is more suited for fighting thugs that rob banks, but the moment that he starts beating guys that can pick up trucks, and throw them up the street, or guys that are faster, and more agile it becomes CIS.

According to you. Clearly DC have other ideas. erm

Lol at Batman being a "regular dude", just lol.

Stoic
1.Lol. Guys such as Bats and Cap beating down chaps such as the Lizard is a world away from them beating down uber power houses such as the Hulk etc.

2. Again no. Batman when he does beat physically superior foes does it through guile, cunning,gadgets etc. I'm not on about him beating power houses. The Lizard is not Superman.

3.Again no it won't take one hit to kill him. He has regularly been shown to get belted by foes much stronger than he is and survive. Clearly DC (and Marvel) view such humans as being capable of sustaining a certain amount of damage inflicted upon them by such foes. It's comics.

You know what CIS means right? Character Induced Stupidity? This happens often in comics so that the hero doesn't get murdered... this is how great comics are sold, in a forum battle however we must look carefully at the stats, and try our best to ignore how we feel about these characters, which is what makes many people look like a fanboy/fangirl.

Let's put all of the chips on the table for a moment ok.

1 Batman has no powers, and is as fit as a top olympic competitor all around; meaning he can lift as much as the strongest power lifter, run as fast as the fastest runner, swim as well as the best swimmer, and is a world class martial artist but he is not superhuman in any sense of the word... etc..etc.

2 The Lizard, is faster than the fastest olympic male, stronger than 50 men combined, can hold his breath for nearly an hour, can crawl on walls, can resist high caliber gunfire, able to rip through steel with his claws, and can swim nearly as fast as a shark.

Who would you say would win this if we removed the names and just went on stats?

Warrior18
You know what CIS means right? Character Induced Stupidity? This happens often in comics so that the hero doesn't get murdered... this is how great comics are sold, in a forum battle however we must look carefully at the stats, and try our best to ignore how we feel about these characters, which is what makes many people look like a fanboy/fangirl.

1 Batman has no powers, and is as fit as a top olympic competitor all around; meaning he can lift as much as the strongest power lifter, run as fast as the fastest runner, swim as well as the best swimmer, and is a world class martial artist but he is not superhuman in any sense of the word... etc..etc.

2 The Lizard, is faster than the fastest olympic male, stronger than 50 men combined, can hold his breath for nearly an hour, can crawl on walls, can resist high caliber gunfire, able to rip through steel with his claws.

Who would you say would win this if we removed the names and just went on stats?

1.So basically we should ignore what the primary sources (comics) regularly show us so that it fits what we and real life common sense would dictate? Superpowered characters don't always lose because of CIS. Frequently it's because the physical underdog has other ways of winning. In this case gadgets.

Well yeh the if the human male charged straight in, completely forgot about his wealth of equipment and engaged the beast in H2H he would die. Batman won't do this.People seem to think this is what he will do.

I say again these are comic book characters. DC clearly view that such people can regularly engage physically superior foes (within reason) and survive or triumph through use of brain and equipment over brawn.

ps Isn't CIS allowed anyway? Is says so in the rules. smile

namorsubby
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The Lizard is definitely tougher than Killer Croc (even if we're talking about Jim Lee's version). This fact wouldn't help much in a fight against Bruce though.

Gadgets for the win. what? it's not like croc hasn't given bruce major problems before right? in fact, the last time they met he had robin with him and he needed explosives to take croc down(btw, curt's healing factor id way better).

lizard is croc's superior in every way....speed/strength/healing factor/durability by far......and to boot he is more intelligent.if any croc can give a bat-team problems, then curt should definitely take bats all by his lonesome

Stoic
With Batman its not nearly as complicated to put him in a box and call a chicken a chicken.... he has no powers only gadgets, he doesn't have superhuman reflexes, he's only a human that engages in intensive regular excercise... DC, and Marvel often make little guys do more than they can, and this is simply to make things more interesting; for example if Superman did not hold back and tried to kill a human being it wouldn't take much for him to suceed, after all this is a guy that has picked up objects the size of sports colleseums and thrown them into deep space, when he was mind controlled by Max Lord he should have torn Batmans arms off.

Yes I realize that the Lizard isn't Superman, but then again you don't need much more than the Lizard to physically destroy a man, no matter how strong that man may be.

With the Lizards superior speed, and superior reactions, and reflexes, who says that Batman even hits him with a bat gadget? Who says he has enough time to even scream? Time and time again has the Lizard hit Spiderman, and Batman is a slouch in comparison.

tkitna

2 The Lizard, is faster than the fastest olympic male, stronger than 50 men combined, can hold his breath for nearly an hour, can crawl on walls, can resist high caliber gunfire, able to rip through steel with his claws, and can swim nearly as fast as a shark.

Although I agree with you, this logic doesnt work here. This is the type of logic I used to use when Wolverine would be pitted against class 80-100 characters. Theres no possible way he should win, but by God, thats how he's portrayed in the comics. Unfortunately, Batman is portrayed in a way that he doesnt lose to D-class characters like the Lizard. He wouldnt lose here either.

namorsubby
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
One explosive batarang and Lizard is finished... lol......certainly not happening.

lizard's durability alone could protect him from that.....without even having to heal. he's endured an angry blast from johnny storm and very large explosions without even having to heal. and if he does have to heal......he can quickly recover from fatal wounds and even keep going completely undetered before they even heal.he has a healing factor......but he also pretty much doesn't know pain, which makes him even more deadly

namorsubby
Although I agree with you, this logic doesnt work here. This is the type of logic I used to use when Wolverine would be pitted against class 80-100 characters. Theres no possible way he should win, but by God, thats how he's portrayed in the comics. Unfortunately, Batman is portrayed in a way that he doesnt lose to D-class characters like the Lizard. He wouldnt lose here either. batman has lost to many who are way less formiddable/have much lower stats than the lizard, that's a fact.

Stoic
Although I agree with you, this logic doesnt work here. This is the type of logic I used to use when Wolverine would be pitted against class 80-100 characters. Theres no possible way he should win, but by God, thats how he's portrayed in the comics. Unfortunately, Batman is portrayed in a way that he doesnt lose to D-class characters like the Lizard. He wouldnt lose here either.

You are so wrong, Wolverine is not Batman, Wolverine has a healing factor, and can take hits from class 100's because everything about Wolverine is superhuman right down to his bones... but Batman is a man, and his human physiology is too weak to sustain a beating from a guy that can tear buildings down with his bare hands.

As I pointed out before it is what it is, and Batman is just a cop in a suit with some very good moves. CIS can always be called when a non powered character beats a superhuman.

Warrior18
With Batman its not nearly as complicated to put him in a box and call a chicken a chicken.... he has no powers only gadgets, he doesn't have superhuman reflexes, he's only a human that engages in intensive regular excercise... DC, and Marvel often make little guys do more than they can, and this is simply to make things more interesting; for example if Superman did not hold back and tried to kill a human being it wouldn't take much for him to suceed, after all this is a guy that has picked up objects the size of sports colleseums and thrown them into deep space, when he was mind controlled by Max Lord he should have torn Batmans arms off.

Yes I realize that the Lizard isn't Superman, but then again you don't need much more than the Lizard to physically destroy a man, no matter how strong that man may be.

With the Lizards superior speed, and superior reactions, and reflexes, who says that Batman even hits him with a bat gadget? Who says he has enough time to even scream? Time and time again has the Lizard hit Spiderman, and Batman is a slouch in comparison.

1.Again, I'm not on about superman.

2.Yes in real life..........not in comics. According to DC their characters, even though not superpowered, can do these things regularly. Again I'm not on about high end feats against uber beings.

3.lol.

iceman24567
Stoic doesn't even know that Batman has taken shots from stronger beings than the Lizard he doesn't know that Batman is not a normal human I don't even think he knows what he's typing. Clay face has pounded on Batman on more than one occasion and Bruce is still kicking yet he thinks the Lizard can one shot him which = fail. Batman wins a majority because he's a normal guy no expression

tkitna
batman has lost to many who are way less formiddable/have much lower stats than the lizard, that's a fact.

He has also beaten many that are way, way more formiddable than the Lizard. Whats your point?

tkitna
You are so wrong, Wolverine is not Batman, Wolverine has a healing factor, and can take hits from class 100's because everything about Wolverine is superhuman right down to his bones...

Wolverine has his healing factor and adamantium skeleton, but try to explain how his grey matter isnt jellow after taking just one shot from a class 100 guy. Sure it'll heal, but not instantly. He should be KO'd everytime he takes a shot like that for at least a moment or so.

It was just a comparison and I dont want to derail the thread, but I wanted to clear up my stance. Carry on.

iceman24567
Wolverine has his healing factor and adamantium skeleton, but try to explain how his grey matter isnt jellow after taking just one shot from a class 100 guy. Sure it'll heal, but not instantly. He should be KO'd everytime he takes a shot like that for at least a moment or so.

It was just a comparison and I dont want to derail the thread, but I wanted to clear up my stance. Carry on. You are awesome.

Stoic
Stoic doesn't even know that Batman has taken shots from stronger beings than the Lizard he doesn't know that Batman is not a normal human I don't even think he knows what he's typing. Clay face has pounded on Batman on more than one occasion and Bruce is still kicking yet he thinks the Lizard can one shot him which = fail. Batman wins a majority because he's a normal guy no expression

Skills, Abilities, and Resources
Unlike many superheroes, Batman has "NO SUPERPOWERS" <---- NONE and instead relies on "his own scientific knowledge, detective skills, and athletic prowess."

Do what you like and think what you want, Batman is a normal guy with no powers, I know that you know what CIS.This is what you're using in your argument. Batman is famous for being written more powerfully than he is which is CIS, if you have a hard time understanding this perhaps you should check up on that problem it could become a serious one as you begin to grow older.

It was just a comparison and I dont want to derail the thread, but I wanted to clear up my stance. Carry on.

Wolverine has a healing factor, an indestructible skeleton, superhuman strength.... Batman can not lay claim to any of these thing. He's a flesh and blood hero, and there is nothing super about him whatsoever.

"No PIS" Rule

PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent. For this reason we have a No PIS Rule. This rule prohibits the use of such instances of PIS from being used as evidence in debates.

No Mentioning Events of PIS
Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

Fanboy! Biased! Influenced!

So you're debating over who is stronger, The Flesh or The Incomprehensible Bulk. Each has feats that could match each other in strength; maybe they've leveled a building or two with a single punch, and so on. You have perfect proof that The Flesh could obviously beat The Bulk in a fist fight.

However, the person you are debating with is known to the forum as IncomBulkFan87. Every time he posts, you find that he completely ignores your proof of the Flesh's victory and asserts that the Bulk is invincible or could easily beat anyone in a fist fight.

At this point, it may be very tempting to shout to him the following:

"You're a fanboy!"
"You're biased against The Flesh!"
"You're influenced by Miracle Comics against Lightpony Comics!"

You consider them to be completely pointless to debate with because of their obvious enjoyment of The Incomprehensible Bulk from Miracle Comics.

iceman24567
So Batmans showing all must be Cis because he beats more powerful characters ALL the time. Not having powers does not mean he's a "normal" guy Bruce would take offence to that no expression. By all means his scientific genius, deductive reasoning and equipment makes up for him not having powers his abilities make him more than "normal" is Cap normal? Is Tony Stark normal? No you wouldn't say they are would you?

namorsubby
He has also beaten many that are way, way more formiddable than the Lizard. Whats your point? my point is batman isn't regularly running around beating people on lizard's level

iceman24567
My point is he can end he has.

Stoic
Captain America has superhuman stamina and endurance he has even healed from taking a mortal bullet wound to the head. Ironman is superhuman, Tony Stark however outside of that suit is not and would be equally beaten down by a character that is not just superior to him in every way, but is leagues above him.

Yes when Batman beats a superhuman it is CIS, and PIS... the very fact that he is able to hurt opponents with heavy enough body armor capable of taking hits from speeding vehicles without being harmed is in itself PIS/CIS. The Lizard would be such a character.

namorsubby
My point is he can end he has. batman doesn't even regularly engage people of lizard's stats.......he mainly operates in gotham, remember.

iceman24567
So the hundreds of times Batman has beaten superhumans its Cis or Pis. Ok I concede.

Stoic
I was about to concede myself because due to Batman being a comic Icon most of his wins are just that... take Frank Castle for example; he's written to be a normal flesh and blood man with great combat skills, he has no super powers at all, and without a gun or other offensive weaponry he would have no business beating Luke Cage, the Rhino, or Spiderman.

The Punisher however isn't the icon that Batman is, and so he has been dulled down and appears to be more human in his appearances than another character on his physical level (Batman) even though Batman would beat the Punisher any day due to his better H2H skills.

iceman24567
batman doesn't even regularly engage people of lizard's stats.......he mainly operates in gotham, remember. Batman fights metas all the time from Killer Croc to Man-Bat, Blockbuster, Solomond Grundy so on sure he has taken on more street level threats but he makes sure his gear can take on metas he very anal evidence of this is brother eye.

I-Drop
There's no prep here.

Batman loses this so badly the Lizard would make it look like a Friday the 13th movie, and Bruce would be one of those helpless chicks. H2h lizard kills & eats him. W/Gadgets Bats should be able to pull off a few Ws. It would be cool if DC made up a standard equip list for Bats. Otherwise the belt is a plot device.

How do Lizard & Croc compare in powers & stats?

Stoic
Originally posted by I-Drop
H2h lizard kills & eats him. W/Gadgets Bats should be able to pull off a few Ws. It would be cool if DC made up a standard equip list for Bats. Otherwise the belt is a plot device.

How do Lizard & Croc compare in powers & stats?

Croc was put away by Bane, and Bane was his superior in strength, speed, and skill. How strong would you say Bane is? Can Bane lift a subway car, and toss it, or survive tons of concrete collapsing on hin while being in a sewer cave in?

The Lizard seems to be far above Croc in both speed, strength, durability, and natural offensive weaponry.

Each strand of Spidermans webbing was compared to tensile steel cables, and the Lizard has broken out of many layers of Spideys webbing in past battles.

You tell me how you'd compare the two, would Killer Croc stand a chance against the Lizard?

Warrior18
I've changed my opinion on this fight. Lizard for most. I don't think Bats carries potent enough equipment for an unexpected encounter and he wouldn't last toe to toe.

Phantom Zone
Batman fights metas all the time from Killer Croc to Man-Bat, Blockbuster, Solomond Grundy so on sure he has taken on more street level threats but he makes sure his gear can take on metas he very anal evidence of this is brother eye.

I dont think any of those guys are as fast as The Lizard, maybe Man-bat does. Also Solo Grundys incarnations vary in powers.

The MISTER
The lizard is physically superior to Spider-man, can wall crawl like Spider-man, and his tail is a deadly weapon that he is quite skilled at using. Batman would be ripped to shreds after his first failed attack attempt (If his first attack can win the fight then what would that attack be?) The Lizard is more in tune with his animal savagery and can move faster than Batman can react in most cases. His speed has given Spider-man problems evading his attacks even with the spider-sense

Bouboumaster
Without prep, Batman loose every damn time.

Battlehammer
Your logic is quite flawed. Wolverine is superhuman in every area, something batman is not. His healing factor heals damage as it beeing done, and his skeleton posses unbreakable metal which allows him to sustain his, and he posses weapons able to cut through almost anything. Batman does not posses any of this. Wolverine is designed to take these type of characters on, and has consistently done so sinces his developement of his character. Hell his first apearance he took out wendigo.....batman first apearances he took out some thugs.......there a huge differences between the two.

Strength is not be all end all, based on your logic, wolverine being the faster more skilled fight should simply stabb them in the head well before sluggish class 80 touches him, but that does not happen. also according to that logic which ever class 80 and higher hit the other first the fight would end in a single hitt......

namorsubby
DOES WOLVERINE HAVE TO ENTER INTO EVERY BLOODY THREAD IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN.............*sigh*

roll eyes (sarcastic) Lizard FTW. lol

edit:

here's why
Originally posted by The MISTER
The lizard is physically superior to Spider-man, can wall crawl like Spider-man, and his tail is a deadly weapon that he is quite skilled at using. Batman would be ripped to shreds after his first failed attack attempt (If his first attack can win the fight then what would that attack be?) The Lizard is more in tune with his animal savagery and can move faster than Batman can react in most cases. His speed has given Spider-man problems evading his attacks even with the spider-sense

Battlehammer
Batman could win is he throws knock out gas, which I believe has worked on lizard before. Lizard also quite dumb at times, batman though physically inferior, his skill and equiptment could get him out of harms way long enough to the knock out gas to work., sonic also could be quite usefull, as would nitrogen or some sort of coolent.

Battlehammer
I not sure he is physically superior to spiderman. Spiderman while poisoned, and having a screwy was giving lizard all hell and spiderman was holding back. Hell spiderman beat him.

Parmaniac
With his belt he may stand a chance not sure how many out of 10 but without it he's totally lost

namorsubby
lizard is superior to spidey.the CIS of pete holding back is implemented in some of their fights, but not the one where he was poisoned by lizard.......in fact he was going all out fighting for his life......and he lost, more than once(he would have died if lizard had not been being controlled). spidey has given him one of his best shots in attempt to KO him........and had it do nothing but hurt his knuckles

bottom line lizard won't hesistate to use his far superior reflexes for a killing blow right from the get go like spidey would, he's too fast, too durable, and too deadly for bats without some kind of prep(albeit if not much)

namorsubby
Bump.

Bouboumaster
Lizard shred Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.