Wesley Gibson (Wanted) vs Movie Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
wesley gets 4 guns. they are in the daily bugle building. lights are on but it's deserted. peter's name came up in the loom . . .

Scoobless
Judging by the film of Wanted (as I haven't read the comic) I'd say Spidey 10/10.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Scoobless
Judging by the film of Wanted (as I haven't read the comic) I'd say Spidey 10/10.

iceman24567
He makes the bullet curve all the way to Aunt May's house we all win.

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by iceman24567

oooohhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is cold man.

Than Spidey doesn't just beat him. He would kill him.

Trackz
made this already in the movie vs. section, in my opinion, Wesley wins. Spiderman had trouble dodging green goblins bombs, and would definently have trouble doding a bullet coming at him not only faster but can curve in any direction.

not only that, spidermans spider-sense isn't precog in the movies, rather the first one showed he only sees everything in slow motion (similar to wesley) so his spidersense won't give him any sort of advantage. he also has superhuman speed/strength to a degree, his ranged weapons should give hi mthe slight advantage

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by Trackz
made this already in the movie vs. section, in my opinion, Wesley wins. Spiderman had trouble dodging green goblins bombs, and would definently have trouble doding a bullet coming at him not only faster but can curve in any direction.

not only that, spidermans spider-sense isn't precog in the movies, rather the first one showed he only sees everything in slow motion (similar to wesley) so his spidersense won't give him any sort of advantage. he also has superhuman speed/strength to a degree, his ranged weapons should give hi mthe slight advantage

if we are going of the movies 95% of what you said is false. 1. He does have precog. 2 Bullets might give him trouble but he will handle it. 3. Wesley does not have superhuman speed/strength.

leonidas
wesley has the ability to slow things and dodge and can take a beating as well. his h2h>peter's as well and i don't think movie spidey could dodge a dozen well placed bullets. this is a pretty close fight imo.

Darth Martin
One class 20 punch to Wesley and he is dead.

Original Smurph
Wesley wins

id369
Mr. X ability to manipulate his adrenaline rush was more impressive. stick out tongue

Digi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
One class 20 punch to Wesley and he is dead.

Which also should have been the case when Doc Ock was taking a pounding once or twice in the film. Notably, right before he comes to and realizes that he's doing something bad, then saves the day. He and Pete are in a small pool or water and Pete's just beating his face in. Any one of those should have liquified his face.

But the movies didn't really pretend to care much about power continuity...it was more what fit the story.

Darth Martin
I thought we are talking about 616 Spider-Man. Or is this the movie version?

Digi
*points to thread title*

har.

Also, it is just me or did others picture a love-child of Wesley Snipes and Mel Gibson with that dude's name.

embarrasment

Darth Martin
Oh, somehow I missed that. Well I think Wesley might takes this now. I don't remember seeing Spider-Man dodging bullets in the films.

guy222
spidey

Accel
Comic Wesley would definitely win. He was a hell of a lot more impressive than Movie Wesley.

id369
http://jumpcut.com/view/?id=10E420A63D1E11DD81E8000423CEF5F6

TheBadguy
Originally posted by Digi
Which also should have been the case when Doc Ock was taking a pounding once or twice in the film. Notably, right before he comes to and realizes that he's doing something bad, then saves the day. He and Pete are in a small pool or water and Pete's just beating his face in. Any one of those should have liquified his face.

But the movies didn't really pretend to care much about power continuity...it was more what fit the story.

Speaking of, has an explanation for that even been given in the comics? I've wondered for years why Ock is able to take Spidey's punches.

Philosophía
*points to thread title*

har.

Also, it is just me or did others picture a love-child of Wesley Snipes and Mel Gibson with that dude's name.

embarrasment

I think it's just you.

no expression

leonidas
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Speaking of, has an explanation for that even been given in the comics? I've wondered for years why Ock is able to take Spidey's punches.

no, no 'real' explanation has ever been given to the best of my knowledge anyway. early on spidey's strength wasn't what it is now and it was more believeable--slightly. more recent battles spidey doesn't tag him in the face as often. usually i think he's just pulling his punches. erm

and i didn't even know there WAS a comic wesley. i actually enjoyed the movie last night, so maybe i'll check it out.

namorsubby
spidey pwns

Trackz
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
if we are going of the movies 95% of what you said is false. 1. He does have precog. 2 Bullets might give him trouble but he will handle it. 3. Wesley does not have superhuman speed/strength.

1. first movie showed that his spidersense only makes objects seem slower, unless you have a specific instance in which he demonstrated precog
2. he had trouble doding greengoblins bombs, which move much slwoer than a bullet
3. yes he does as demonstrated the heightened a drenaline allows him to be faster and stronger (no on spidemrans level) but he is able to see bullets as they move through the air and react to them

Mindset
Originally posted by leonidas
no, no 'real' explanation has ever been given to the best of my knowledge anyway. early on spidey's strength wasn't what it is now and it was more believeable--slightly. more recent battles spidey doesn't tag him in the face as often. usually i think he's just pulling his punches. erm

and i didn't even know there WAS a comic wesley. i actually enjoyed the movie last night, so maybe i'll check it out. The explanation is that he doesn't use his full strength on people he knows can't take it.

batdude123

**** that old overactin *****. facepalm

I'm Bran
Did you just get raped or something?

The raw anger flowing from you says you got raped.

batdude123
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Did you just get raped or something?

The raw anger flowing from you says you got raped.

You cut me to the core, Baxter.

Badabing
Bran and Batdude, are you finished spamming every thread? facepalm

I'm Bran
I'm going to punch you in the ovary.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by Badabing
Bran and Batdude, are you finished spamming every thread? facepalm I'm going to go play Gears of War... so yes?

Batdude's not though... ban him.

batdude123
Originally posted by Badabing
Bran and Batdude, are you finished spamming every thread? facepalm

No.

Original Smurph
and i didn't even know there WAS a comic wesley. i actually enjoyed the movie last night, so maybe i'll check it out. Comic Wanted >>> Movie Wanted

Silent Guardian
1. first movie showed that his spidersense only makes objects seem slower, unless you have a specific instance in which he demonstrated precog
2. he had trouble doding greengoblins bombs, which move much slwoer than a bullet
3. yes he does as demonstrated the heightened a drenaline allows him to be faster and stronger (no on spidemrans level) but he is able to see bullets as they move through the air and react to them

dude are you forgetting Spiderman one when he dodges the glider at the end!!!!!! Than how about Spider-man 2 where he save MJ and himself from a taxi cab being chucked at them through the window. He definitely has precog. I agree Doc Oc taking Spider-man's punches is wierd, especially when he drops normal dudes with one punch. I mean if you look at his feats in all the movies he is really strong. He stops a train. He tosses a piece of the huge clock hand back at Doc Oc with his webs. He catches a falling wall and tosses it over him etc. Also Spidey's strength has always been somewhat inconsistent, in comics, cartoons and movies. Also I believe he dodged a bullet point blank in Spider-man 1, when the man he though killed his Uncle Ben tried to shoot him.

Look I saw wanted, and all the Spider-man movies, and Spidey has the advantage. I haven't read the Wanted comics though so I have no idea in that area.

The Pict
wesley has the ability to slow things and dodge and can take a beating as well. his h2h>peter's as well and i don't think movie spidey could dodge a dozen well placed bullets. this is a pretty close fight imo.

He doesn't slow things, he just reacts quicker. Not wanting to act all picky but lets not attribute powers to Wesley that he doesn't have.

He can only take a beating as well as most others, he was always getting healed up in those white-blood-cell-stimulating-bath-things. Spiderman can take more of a beating IMO, took a grenade to the face in the first movie and was getting beaten up by super powered villains with high lvls of super strength through all 3 movies.

His hand to hand skills aren't that great, he was trained for what? Six weeks? . He only really went h2h with the knife training assassin and only later killed him after blocking a knife with a gun. Spiderman has years of fighting experience/bullet dodging

In the movies Spidey webs up villains guns after whips them out of his foes possession, I can see the same happening to Wesley here, and Parker's precog can help with dodging bullets.

Of course it does only take 1 bullet to split Spiderman's head like a melon. I'd say Parker takes the majority, like 8/10.

Big post because I actually watched Wanted tonight and it's fresh in my mind big grin

dude are you forgetting Spiderman one when he dodges the glider at the end!!!!!! Than how about Spider-man 2 where he save MJ and himself from a taxi cab being chucked at them through the window. He definitely has precog.

thumb up

Trackz
dude are you forgetting Spiderman one when he dodges the glider at the end!!!!!! Than how about Spider-man 2 where he save MJ and himself from a taxi cab being chucked at them through the window. He definitely has precog. I agree Doc Oc taking Spider-man's punches is wierd, especially when he drops normal dudes with one punch. I mean if you look at his feats in all the movies he is really strong. He stops a train. He tosses a piece of the huge clock hand back at Doc Oc with his webs. He catches a falling wall and tosses it over him etc. Also Spidey's strength has always been somewhat inconsistent, in comics, cartoons and movies. Also I believe he dodged a bullet point blank in Spider-man 1, when the man he though killed his Uncle Ben tried to shoot him.

Look I saw wanted, and all the Spider-man movies, and Spidey has the advantage. I haven't read the Wanted comics though so I have no idea in that area. haha, you should check out the other thread, we went over most of this. aywho, he dodged the glider because it made a huge noise crashing through wood, thats when he was alerted to it. No precog. He percieves things in slow motion, the minute that thing hit the class he reacted.

and the guy he thought killed uncle ben was shooting at his shadows, its not like spidermna was dodging bullets, wesley went into a room filled with assassins, dodged all their bullets and killed all of them, thats a better speed feat than any of spidermans.

Doctor-Alvis
haha, you should check out the other thread, we went over most of this. aywho, he dodged the glider because it made a huge noise crashing through wood, thats when he was alerted to it. No precog. He percieves things in slow motion, the minute that thing hit the class he reacted.
I thought he sensed it before the camera pans back to the glider.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I thought he sensed it before the camera pans back to the glider.

He did ... just like when he dodged Flash's punch (from behind him with no loud noise) the first time his SS went off.

Trackz
I thought he sensed it before the camera pans back to the glider. no he didnt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6B7d_Hi9gw

he hears the blade eject and it crashing through the wood. SPidermans senses are just extremely acte, he doesnt have precog. They are on the same level as Wesleys, in fact wesleys might be better seeing g as he can see bullets as they move through the air and hit them.

Kris Blaze

I'm not the only one who noticed this then?

Doc has threatened his aunt and Peter lands like 10 hits without downing him. What-the-hell.

Doctor-Alvis
no he didnt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6B7d_Hi9gw

he hears the blade eject and it crashing through the wood. SPidermans senses are just extremely acte, he doesnt have precog. They are on the same level as Wesleys, in fact wesleys might be better seeing g as he can see bullets as they move through the air and hit them.
Uhh... it looks like he does
Green Goblin: "Godspeed, Spider-man."
Spider-man: *Gasp*
*Spider-sense noise*
*pan back, glider extends blade*

The Pict
*Spider-sense noise*
*pan back, glider extends blade*

yes His Spider-sense kicks in before the blades are even extended.

complexbrother
Movie Wesley .. looses 10/10

comic Wesley .. kills and beheads Spidey .

Trackz
*Spider-sense noise*
*pan back, glider extends blade* on, he doesnt realize it until he hears the blade extend and the glider flies through the wood. his spidersense i nthe very first movie is described in teh very first movie, its very acute perception bordering on precognition.

leonidas
Originally posted by The Pict
He doesn't slow things, he just reacts quicker. Not wanting to act all picky but lets not attribute powers to Wesley that he doesn't have.

He can only take a beating as well as most others, he was always getting healed up in those white-blood-cell-stimulating-bath-things. Spiderman can take more of a beating IMO, took a grenade to the face in the first movie and was getting beaten up by super powered villains with high lvls of super strength through all 3 movies.

His hand to hand skills aren't that great, he was trained for what? Six weeks? . He only really went h2h with the knife training assassin and only later killed him after blocking a knife with a gun. Spiderman has years of fighting experience/bullet dodging

In the movies Spidey webs up villains guns after whips them out of his foes possession, I can see the same happening to Wesley here, and Parker's precog can help with dodging bullets.

Of course it does only take 1 bullet to split Spiderman's head like a melon. I'd say Parker takes the majority, like 8/10.

Big post because I actually watched Wanted tonight and it's fresh in my mind big grin

thumb up

i think you misunderstood--i didn't mean he ACTUALLY 'slowed things down'. i meant that from his pov things slowed down. i'm not sure of the speed issue and who would be faster in terms of being able to react though. seeing a bullet and being able to shoot it out of the air>>>>anything movie spidey did. with guns in each hand and firing a wide spread, i don't see spidey dodging all the bullets. wesley's durability<<spidey but he WAS increasing his durability as the show went on (repairman ko'd him easily at first, but couldn't do so at all later) and if spidey couldn't ko doc ock, stands to reason wesley might stand a chance, especially if he can see peter's puches in slow-mo like he can bullets.

and don't forget--movie spidey was NOT spidey for very long so i still say wesley's h2h>>peter's.

i'm honestly still on the edge in this fight. maybe 6/10 spidey, but i can still see this being a pretty even split. erm

Doctor-Alvis
on, he doesnt realize it until he hears the blade extend and the glider flies through the wood. his spidersense i nthe very first movie is described in teh very first movie, its very acute perception bordering on precognition.
Watch the clip. His Spider-sense goes off before the glider extends its blade.

complexbrother
^^^ good point.

starlock
Movie Spiderman for the easy win

Placidity
haha, you should check out the other thread, we went over most of this.

That we did. And you got owned to be frank.

Go Web Go!

Trackz
Originally posted by Placidity
That we did. And you got owned to be frank.

Go Web Go! not at all, seeing as wesleys enhanced senses have been shown be near the same level as spidermans, and I dont believe spidemrans has dodged bullets in any of the movies (he had trouble dodging green goblins pumpkins)

wesley can sense and react to bullets, spiderman in the first movie showed that his spider sense merely slows things down.

Holographical
Wesley wins

celestialdemon
Spider-Man wins.

Placidity
and if spidey couldn't ko doc ock, stands to reason wesley might stand a chance

That was complete PIS. You don't think Spider-man can literally knock a normal man's head off?

The same Spider-man that stopped a speeding train?

The same Spider-man that held onto a aerial cabin filled with children with one arm while taking free hits from Goblin?

The same Spider-man that ripped a storm drain out of the ground?

The same Spider-man that supported the weight of a large wall?

The same Spider-man that ripped open a thick steel pipe with his bare hands?

Tell me he can do all these things yet he is genuinely unable to KO an ordinary man with one punch (apart from PIS of course). roll eyes (sarcastic)

Trackz
That was complete PIS. You don't think Spider-man can literally knock a normal man's head off?

The same Spider-man that stopped a speeding train?

The same Spider-man that held onto a aerial cabin filled with children with one arm while taking free hits from Goblin?

The same Spider-man that ripped a storm drain out of the ground?

The same Spider-man that supported the weight of a large wall?

The same Spider-man that ripped open a thick steel pipe with his bare hands?

Tell me he can do all these things yet he is genuinely unable to KO an ordinary man with one punch (apart from PIS of course). roll eyes (sarcastic)

CIS, which is in effect according to the rules.

Placidity
CIS, which is in effect according to the rules.

No it was PIS, not CIS.

Trackz
No it was PIS, not CIS. its CIS that spiderman doesnt kill his opponents with every punch, since he doesnt want to be a killer.

Private Pion

Bit late for this, but then Spidey would just sell his unborn child and wife to the devil.

Mindset
You guys realize Aunt May never was going to die, she just didn't like MJ.

What better way to get rid of her than to fake your imminent death? smile

Placidity
its CIS that spiderman doesnt kill his opponents with every punch, since he doesnt want to be a killer.

He could have knocked him out? Even a normal human would be able to knock him out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.