If they only Made Empire Strikes back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
I would have been so happy if they only made ESB . It has everything its dark great twist non stop action . what more can yo ask for ?

steverules_2
Originally posted by coolmovies
I would have been so happy if they only made ESB . It has everything its dark great twist non stop action . what more can yo ask for ?

A sex scene

sweersa

That is like saying I wish they never made all of the other SW movies.

ESB is overrated IMO.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by sweersa
That is like saying I wish they never made all of the other SW movies.

After catching bits of AOTC and TPM on tv the past 2 weeks i wished they hadnt

Zack Fair
To be honest without ANH I doubt the plot twist at the end of ESB would be so big.

coolmovies
true

sweersa
Originally posted by vintageSW77
After catching bits of AOTC and TPM on tv the past 2 weeks i wished they hadnt

I try not to let the poor actors get my opinion on the PT down. My huge complaints are Jar Jar (his character was needed but he should have been way toned down) Anakin shouldn't have been 9 in episode 1, and the kid who plays Boba...

queeq
You need ANH to appreciate ESB. And it's not overrated, although the PT kinda ruined it.

vintageSW77
and the kid who plays Boba...

Hes one of the best things in it

sweersa
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Hes one of the best things in it

I thought he looked okay but his voice was beyond irritating and leads me to believe he has a speech disability. Even to this day he sounds odd.

queeq
Hehehe.

The irony is, Boba had a cool sounding voice in ESB and they replaced by a Kiwi voice. What the heck was the reasoning behind that? Just because you have the same DNA, you automaically adopt the same accent??? Even the clones talk like that. Lucas was clearly deluded on the issue of accents.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
Hehehe.

The irony is, Boba had a cool sounding voice in ESB and they replaced by a Kiwi voice. What the heck was the reasoning behind that? Just because you have the same DNA, you automaically adopt the same accent??? Even the clones talk like that. Lucas was clearly deluded on the issue of accents.

The Clones looked like Mexicans. Lucas is a Racist! lol

Accents depend on the region though, not DNA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgpfSp2t6k&feature=related

Jack Daniels
ya sure ya betcha

queeq
Accents depend on the region though, not DNA.

*sigh* Really????

That was my point, mate.

lord xyz
I don't know, I really liked ROTJ. That end scene where the emperor shocks luke, that's ****ing scary man!

Lord Knightfa11
ROTJ was way better. It had the metal bikini and that final goosebumping ..."perhaps she will" NEVER!!! grim music thing going on.

queeq
The ROTJ scenes between Vader and Luke, and with the Emperor are some of the best in the entire saga. Still, ESB works best as a whole movie.

sweersa
The ROTJ scenes between Vader and Luke, and with the Emperor are some of the best in the entire saga. Still, ESB works best as a whole movie.

I though ANH does as well.

queeq
It does.

sweersa
It does.

Yeah, and TPM.

Wanderer11

Spot on. For me every scene in ESB is outstanding.

sweersa

I agree it is a good film but I wouldn't say it is "whole." It ends on a cliff hanger (Han being frozen) and the fate of the good guys is uncertain, they got their butts kicked. Then it ends.

It has no real good resolution other than a majority of the heroes rubbing from the Imperials after suffering losses.

queeq
It is a whole as a second act.

sweersa
It is a whole as a second act.

Aren't they all though?

queeq
Nope. ANH is a first act, ROTJ a third.

sweersa
Nope. ANH is a first act, ROTJ a third.

No, I mean whole. ANH is actually the 4th act, lol.

sweersa
This post was an accident.

queeq
No, I mean whole. ANH is actually the 4th act, lol.

No, not really. The PT is one story (where the acts are all screwy) and the OT is another. But then each movie has three acts as well..

sweersa
No, not really. The PT is one story (where the acts are all screwy) and the OT is another. But then each movie has three acts as well..

It is all one story, three er I mean two trilogies, with 9 er I mean 6 films.

Basically yeah. Rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker.

queeq
Rise - story one
Fall - story two.

sweersa
Rise - story one
Fall - story two.

Yuppers.

queeq
Done.

LordPrydon
ESB would not work as a stand-alone because its very nature is a sequel with a cliffhanger and unresolved plot threads.

sweersa
Originally posted by LordPrydon
ESB would not work as a stand-alone because its very nature is a sequel with a cliffhanger and unresolved plot threads.

Agreed.

LordPrydon
I am honored. *bows*

sweersa
This is just the beginning. Hahaha.

LordPrydon
That it is.

queeq
Originally posted by LordPrydon

Of course not, what's your point? The same goes for ROTJ, AOTC and ROTS. Or even movies like LOTR - Two Towers and Return of the King. Still allows us to judge ESb as the best working part there is.

LordPrydon
Never said you couldn't enjoy it. The point is it does not work as a stand alone. Which answers the OP as far as my opinion permits.

sweersa
Of course not, what's your point? The same goes for ROTJ, AOTC and ROTS. Or even movies like LOTR - Two Towers and Return of the King. Still allows us to judge ESb as the best working part there is.

The only SW movie I can see as being stand alone is ANH. Because it very well could have been.

queeq
And was planned as such. You are right Sweersa, so the argument 'it cannot stand alone' is a bit of an empty argument. No one disagrees with that. That doesn't mean a single chapter kan be better than another.

sweersa
And was planned as such. You are right Sweersa, so the argument 'it cannot stand alone' is a bit of an empty argument. No one disagrees with that. That doesn't mean a single chapter kan be better than another.

Yes, agreed. *shakes hand*

queeq
*gives Sweersa a beer*

sweersa
*gives Sweersa a beer*

*Gives Queeq a sealed can of SURGE, yeah SURGE, the 50 dollars a can on ebay SURGE.*

queeq
Happy Dance

*checks date on can*

sweersa
Happy Dance

*checks date on can*

Hehehe, don't expect anything after 2002. Hehe.

It is still good my friend. Fetches a fine price as well!

queeq
The dark world of international trade in outdated soda. Sounds like pitch for a very weird movie.... I'd make it!

sweersa
The dark world of international trade in outdated soda. Sounds like pitch for a very weird movie.... I'd make it!

Count me in!

queeq
laughing out loud

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by steverules_2
I would have been so happy if they only made ESB . It has everything its dark great twist non stop action . what more can yo ask for ? A sex scene

That is exactly what it's missing...*bows*

sweersa
Whats that?

queeq
Luke and Leia getting it on.

sweersa
Luke and Leia getting it on.

Oh, I think I get it now.

queeq
Finally.

sweersa
Finally.

Hehehe. Eww.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.